AuthorxEditor (18+) [HaruxAkane]

Haru^~^Rin

It was around 2 P.M. on Thursday afternoon;the literature department of Nakayama Publishing were facing a big crisis in their life while other departments were celebrating the long weekend they finally had after two weeks of working overtime. The editor they hired this time lasted for almost half a year so they thought things had finally settled down and there wouldn't be any changes if this guy continues to keep up the good work and if possible ... try to endure it. By 'it', they meant Haraguchi Eri's bad temper. They wouldn't exactly call it bad temper but since every single one of them kept complaining and eventually the rumor started to get out of hand.

So what happened that caused the entire the department to panic? The reason was traced back to the resignation letter that the editor-in-chief received after he came back from lunch break. After reading the content, he had no choice but to process the request and the next step would be to find a new replacement, which explained why the entire department were afraid of being the next scapegoat. Their thoughts were obvious that even the editor-in-chief would hesitate to assign any of them to Haraguchi-sensei. After giving it some serious thought and consideration, he finally decided to fill out the hiring request form. Perhaps what they needed was a person who is capable enough to handle the job, not someone from the current staff members who is lacking in every aspect.

His request had been processed after two days and the position was also posted. The only thing he needed to do was to wait for a potential candidate to apply for the position.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Haru^~^Rin

• Akane Hiroshima

Tachibana Tsuruhime was now currently jobless. Both his parents were getting too old and he couldn't rely on them anymore. He was advised to do something of his liking, something he was good at doing. Tachibana remembered his father's advice and kept it dear. He was going to go job hunting. He had just recently heard of an open spot in a literature department at Nakayama Publishing and was on his way there. He wondered what the open slot would be, he didn't know, yes. But either way it's literature. When he had reached the department, he slowly took a breath before walking in. Tachibana scanned the area. He could sense complete chaos. How bad was it here?

Tachibana tried to find the nearest person," hello? Anyone?"

The editor-in-chief just happened to be there when he noticed a new face walking in. "Yes? How can I help you?" He promptly stood up from his chair, putting on his glasses and observing the guy. He had an idea of why this person came here, but he still wanted to confirm the reason. "Looking for a job?" He asked and smiled as he scanned the guy from top to bottom. He didn't wait for an answer and simply asked that guy to come over and take a seat at his desk.

Meanwhile, Yamaguchi Reiji, the cause of all the problems, were wondering what to do with the manuscript he just completed. Normally, his editor would come to pick it up every two days but since that man had resigned..., no one seemed to pay him any attention. Although a temporary one was assigned to him, that woman didn't look like she was capable of handling the job and he felt uncomfortable interacting with her as well so he already told her off on the first day she visited. After that, she never came back. Perhaps he had to turn it in personally, so although he was reluctant, he still made an effort to drive all the way to Nakayama Publishing.

Tachibana sat where the man had directed him. He remained poised," why yes, I am. I'll take any slot that's open." Tachibana felt as if he had answered wrong but it wasn't something to flip over. If he cannot get a job here, he'd find another, simple. It's not like it intrigued him to be here. Tachibana just wants a job in something he likes best, that being literature of course.

'Any slot?' The editor-in-chief thought, wondering if this guy hadn't seen the position posted on the company's website, but anyway, he'd definitely have one less problem if this person was unaware of the job details. "Ah...sorry for late introduction. My name is Saitou Masumi, the editor-in-chief." He said with a bright smile. He was overjoyed that those painful days would finally be gone once this guy filled in the open spot. "Currently, one of our authors is lacking an editor, do you think you can handle the job?"

---

Reiji promptly arrived at the company; it was a short ten minutes drive from his apartment. He parked the car then took the elevator up to fifth floor where the literature department located. It seemed like everyone was busy answering calls and editing manuscripts they received from other authors. He wondered if he was forgotten somehow, but that didn't matter; as long as the selling was good, he shouldn't have any worries. He walked up to an empty desk and sat down, waiting for someone to notice him.

"Editor?," Tachibanna attempted to remain calm,"I accept. My name is Tachibana by the way sir. Excuse me for not saying so earlier." Tachibana was really excited now! He thought he Would get one of the lowest jobs, but editor? Oh it was almost like a dream come true." If I may ask..who will I be working with?," Tachibana asked with a small smile.