The Noise Prince makes a grand debut!!!

Noise Prince

Or not… I just didn't want to say "Hi" in the title >

But I'll say it here: Hi!

I'm Noise Prince, and I'm not very good at introductions like this… but I met some very lovely people on chat who were incredibly friendly and fun, so I figured it was worth the shot to try it out.

As you can probably tell, I'm new and a bit awkward, and you've probably already figured out that I'm interested in yaoi, and if you hadn't, then it's spelled out for you ;)

I'm really interested in making friends and am quite interested in roleplaying, which was the main reason I made an account. I haven't role-played in a forum for quite a while (and I've never role-played yaoi), so I might be a little rusty on how these sorts of things go (Looking at the role-play glossary, there are a lot of terms I hadn't heard of!), but I'll try to get the hang of it quickly.

I consider myself "semi-lit" to "lit" depending on ones' standards, but I guess that'd be "Novella" according to the glossary. If you're willing to role-play with a newbie, let's go for it! I'm very open to almost any genre. I like slice-of-life, low fantasy, high fantasy, some supernatural (Burned out on vampires and werewolves, but I've been on a really strong angel/demon kick lately! So if you are too, let's plan one together!

I'm rather clunky with canon or existing characters/stories… so I'd like to stick with original stories and characters. I'm also not a big fan of heteronromativity.

Heteronormativity, as defined by google:

Heteronormativity

Heteronormativity is the belief that people fall into distinct and complementary genders (man and woman) with natural roles in life. It asserts that heterosexuality is the only sexual orientation or only norm, and states that sexual and marital relations are most (or only) fitting between people of opposite sexes.

It's kind of complicated, but heteronormativity is the idea that the 'heterosexual model' is the norm, so that even in guyxguy relationships or girlxgirl relationships, there is always the "So whose the man/woman of the relationship?" question- because that's the model. The popular dynamic of the uke being "cute, feminine, submissive" (the "woman") and the seme being "cool, masculine, dominate" (the "man") is a result of heteronormativity.

I'm not opposed to characters being either way, I love feminine characters, I love masculine characters, I love ambiguous characters (more than life *cough*), whether they're uke/seke/seme/uncategorized/unrelated/etc. … but there are ways in which they can be expressed without being heteronormative. Sorry, I don't think I explained this very well… and I wrote so much on it… >

TL;DR

I would like to role-play original stories and characters about nearly anything- and I like angels and demons, and google can explain words better than me. So if any of that sounds appealing, please lemme know!

Wow, you've gotten to this point here? Thank you for reading my introduction. I'd be very happy if you replied, pm'd me, or anything like that if you'd like ^^

Thank you, have a lovely day

~~Noise Prince~~

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Noise Prince

• Tetsu

• Masashi

• Awesome ...I think YES>_<

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
So far, very much, yes! I can't wait to see what more's on here!

Thank you very much! So far I have been enjoying it a lot, and I had a lot of fun talking with you too, I'm really happy we had the chance to talk! (Same to you, Tetsu!)

Thank yooooooooouuuuu

(Oh my gosh, everyone was right about how nice everyone is here >3

Thanks ^^

Thank you, I probably will once I know enough to have a questions :p

Thank you very much, Masashi. I appreciate it. You're the first person I haven't met on chat whose replied to my intro, so now I really feel special

Oh, I was the first one, I have never heard that I have made someone feel special, well then you're the first one to say that (:

:

Oh great ideas you have there : )

I feel the same, society tend to category woman and man in determined roles, they have to follow it and most times it is because is considered the right behaviour --'

For me...more ''equal'' the couple is, better it is(Even though I'm not opposed to feminine, masculine character and whatsoever)

I also prefer original characters over the existing ones, it is funnier to create your own characters~

Oh Welcome to YO btw ^^

Hi, thank you very much for replying and for the welcome ^^

Yeah, the gender roles are a large part of it, and when it comes to fictional characters, there are certain things to consider in terms of these roles. Some people say that they don't like ukes who are helpless crybabies- these depictions are heteronromative, and by extension homophobic and sexist. And, especially in fiction, these traits don't have to be a bad thing- Usagi/Serena/Sailor Moon is a crybaby, and she is an iconic example of a powerful female character, up there with Wonder Woman, who is not a crybaby. It's when the uke is a helpless crybaby not for character development or endearing qualities, but purely for the role of the 'woman' for the seme to dominate as the 'man'.

Ack, I got carried away again! Sorry…

*clears throat*

I agree, couples who are equal are a lot more engaging.

Yes! A part of why I'm not good with existing characters is because I don't know all that went into creating them- which is such a fulfilling part of creating characters and then writing them! Coming up with character traits, flaws, and motivations is such a joy~

Anyway, thank you, and thanks for complimenting my stuff ^///^

Awe, fine XP

Hello there, Miro. Thank you very much! So far, I have enjoyed my brief time here so far ^^

:

Hmn....I like this word ''heteronromative''....

And I agree with you, the most problematic is not being a crybaby or feminine or masculine, if it is part of character personality....well no problems.

However, sometimes for instance a uke is excessively effeminate , you can clearly see that he is there plainly to increase the manliness of the seme or to assume a role of weakness and submission, furthermore they make the impression if it was a ''girl'' role. (It's not surprising if some cases were considered of sexism or homophobia by extension x_x)

Usually in this case not much is added into the plot.

In the end the sad thing is the lack of character development.

I see you have the same habit of being carried away -laughs-

I think we going to get along pretty well^^

See you in VM, chat or General chat (I see you already got acquainted with it ; ) )