The Eyes of a Man

Hei

-------------------------------------

Jack is my name. I'm 19 years old, heading to 20 in about a week with no one to celebrate with. Thats right, I live alone with no friends. Just a cat named Sapphy.

I yawned from restless sleep, the clock read 8: 34am. I sighed and looked in the mirror at my reflection.

"Will I get the job? Or not?"

I turned my head to Sapphy who still was half asleep at the foot of the bed. I chuckled and walked over to Sapphy, petting her until she purred.

"Sapphy. Do you think I'll get the job?" Sapphy's response was just a simple yawn and stretch.

I sighed deeper, truely alone and going nuts without a human person to talk to. I turned on the shower for hot to warm up the water faster.

Sapphy waited at the end of the hallway. "Hungry?" I laughed at myself and yawned once more before entering the kitchen.

Sapphy meowed and jumped on the counter, swishing her dark grey tail. I set a bowl of dry cat food from Meow Mix on the counter beside her. Then I took a cup of water and heated it in the microwave. When it beeped I placed my tea bag in the steaming water. I sat at the couch and glanced at the time once again before turning on the TV. The time flashed 8: 41m in blue at me. I looked at TV and then down at my tea.

"Well, I'm bored. You Sapphy?"

I stared at Sapphy as she sat on the end table near me licking herself. Sapphy shook her head and meowed at me. "Your the only one whos keeping me sane, Sapphy."

I said as I petted her softly. Now the time flashed 8: 52am at me. "Better get ready Sapphy." I yawned and stretched, turning off the TV.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hei

I set my cup of tea on the bathroom sink.

"I left the shower on this long? Sucks... now I have to pay even more for the water bill." I said as I stepped in.

I felt the water touch my arm and I pulled it back.

"Its hot!" I shouted at the shower like I expected it to answer back. "Dumb shower... your gonna make me late!" I laughed at myself for speaking to the shower like it was alive.

I turned the handle on the shower a few cm. short of blue, making it warm. I sighed and looked at Sapphy as she sniffed my tea cup. I smiled and stripped of my clothes by the shower and got in. I looked up at the shower head where the water came from.

"Best hurry or I'll be late to my job interview..."

I quickly washed my body with soap and put a pea sized amount of shampoo on the palm of my hand. Then I rubbed it in my hair.

When I finished I grabbed my towel and turned off the shower, stepping out and picking my clothes for my interview.

"Oh god, look Sapphy. I forgot to buy a tie..." Sapphy responded in a meow then curled in a ball, ready for sleep.

I sighed and got on my underwear, black dress pants, plain white socks, a white dress shirt, and a black dress coat. I stared at my reflection and looked at myself. I shivered at myself in the mirror.

"Well, I need to go now. See ya Sapphy." I kissed Sapphy's head and petted her for a minute then left for the door. I got my bag I prepared and put on my black and white sneakers. Sapphy jumped on the windows ledge in my room and stared at me as I locked the front door. I started out for the bus. I gripped my bus card nervously.

When the bus stopped at its stop in front of me and opened its doors, I walked in and flashed my bus card to the bus driver who nodded and shut the doors after I got in. I found a seat in the very back next to a guy half asleep on the bus. I couldn't understand how he slept on the bus with music blasting in his ears. I smiled a bit at him when he opened his eyes at me like a sleeping snake disturbed.

After about 10 minutes he pulled the cord and left. I sighed in relief that he left. I gotta admit, he was really ugly when he slept upright, I can only imagine how he sleeps in a bed. That thought ran a small shiver up my spine.

Another 10 minutes passed. I pulled the cord for my stop and got off in front of my job place. A few early flowers bloomed in Winter, nearing Spring in two weeks. A few cars were parked afront which meant I was on time. A person came from the doors saying my name. He wore basiclly the same attire as I did. Except he had a purple flowery neck tie on.

"Welcome Jack! I'm the boss here, please call me Ron." I put up a fake smile at his old man voice which quickly got annoying.

"Thanks... Ron."

"Well your right on time, the job interview starts in 5 minutes. Please, come in!"

Despite his happy appearance, I could sense something wrong or bad with him.

We walked in the place and I instently felt bordem hit me in the head. I saw dozens of office cubicles, mostly empty. Probably becase there work time hasn't started. Most were decorated with mini items and stuff. The ones that were plain were obviously new people or empty.

I was led into a nicely furnished room with a long table and chairs. I sat in chair closest to the door. ahe sat in a chair to the left of me. A small smile at his face.

• 2 weeks later...

"So...." I said nearvously as he still had the smile at his face.

"Well take this test..." He handed me 3 pieces of paper that were stapled togethor.

I looked at the small print on the paper and sighed as I picked up the pen, poseing to start.

After about half an hour of him doing his own work and answering calls and boss stuff, a women came in and spoke quietly to him. He nodded as she continued with her words. Then she left and he sat back in his chair, thinking on something I could tell.

"Well I'll be back, I just need to run some errands."

I nodded and put up a fake smile as he left.

As soon as he closed the door I released a breath that I realized I held in as he walked out.

I then finished at least 2 pages before stopping from a hand cramp in my right hand. I stared at his papers he was working on. A few of them looked like documents from afar. The others looked more like sheets like mine for new people he probably interview yesterday.

I could hear his voice becoming louder as he neared the door. I quickly grabbed my pen and got back to work on the paper. I pretended to work on it as he came in, a cell phone pressed to his ear.

After a few minutes I finished and handed him the paper and pen. Then I left and shuddered as I walked to the bus stop.

"Dang! I have to wait half an hour now..." I sighed and held my bus card.

I got on the bus as it opened its doors. The bus ride was quick and I was nearvous of whether I'd get it or not.

When I got home and opened the door, Sapphy walked over to me and purred around my legs. She was happy to see me home. I smiled.

I took off my shoes and walked over to the kitchen to make a sandwich for myself. I cooked an egg omlet with cheese, bacon, and mushrooms in it. I placed it on the bread then on a plate. Sapphy purred when she leaned over and tried biting a piece of bacon that hung out by cheese. I laughed and gave her the small piece. Then I walked over to the TV and started to watch the cooking channel.

Soon I finished my sandwich and placed the plate on the end table. I quickly got bored with watching the cooking channel by watching reruns of Good Eats. I turned off the TV and sighed, getting impatient about the call.

"But he could busy to..." I whispered to myself on the couch. Sapphy sprawled out in my lap and slightly purring.

Soon the phone rang and I answered it. "Hello?"

"This is Ron... umm..." My heart began to pound.

"You got the job, your first day is tomorrow." (All I got T.T)