KnB Au || College Life || W/Haru^~^Rin

Pokewriter1

"Well...here I am." The red haired teen stepped up to his dorm room. He took a deep breath, all of this seemed so sudden and quick for him. Just a day ago he had arrived in Tokyo, Japan. He would be spending his next few years here, going to college. It was all so strange to go from America to Japan in a short time frame, but he was taking it well. In all truth it was not his first time here, as he grew up in Japan until he was in third grade. Then, his family had moved to America. This was his first time back since they moved, and he was on his own this time.

Carefully he stepped up to the door and used the keycard to open the door. He walked into the room and looked around carefully with his dark red eyes. Everything was as he thought, a normal dormitory. He wondered if his roommate was already here...he wouldn't be surprised as he was arriving late to the school. Most of the students were already situated in their dorm, getting used to life around the campus.

He set down his bags that were in his hands, one hand reaching up to fiddle with the ring around his neck. He wasn't so sure about coming here now that he was here. It was all a little to much, and he was going to have to find new friends again. Luckily, he already had something to keep his mind off of that. He had been accepted onto the Basketball team, and that was all he could really hope for in this new school. Basketball was how he got friends in America, so he hoped he could get friends here through it as well.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pokewriter1

• Haru^~^Rin

Wandering around the campus to check out places, especially the gym where he would get to play basketball, his favorite sport or should he say it used to be his favorite... He wondered since when he no longer thought it was fun to play basketball and now it was more like he played in order to win. The official meeting was announced to be next week so the gym would certainly be empty around this time but somehow he was expecting to see one or two people practicing so that he could play one on one with them. Aomine wasn't the type to sit around and do nothing. He'd at least find something to do to keep himself from getting bored. However, there were times where he'd just want to lay down and rest.

Feeling disappointed, Aomine walked back to the dorm. He remembered Kuroko was saying something about a new guy moving in today, so that meant he had a roommate now. He preferred Kuroko over any guy to be his roommate but it wasn't up to him to choose. The room assignment was decided by drawing lot. He thought the method was stupid but no one cared, they simply liked the idea. He looked at the name plate and noticed a new one written there under his name, something like Kagami. Who was it that told him the new student was American? Living abroad didn't mean they are blondes. 'Stupid', he muttered, mostly at Kuroko who wasn't there. He opened the door and walked in. He had this overwhelming urge to meet this new roommate.

Kagami turned his head when he realized that the door had opened. He looked behind him, to where he saw someone else standing. This must be my roommate... He thought and turned his whole body then to face the person. "Oh, hello. I'm Taiga Kagami." He said then and smiled. He was currently in a black tank, which was sticking to his skin due to the fact that it was hot outside today. He also wore normal jeans, which had a hole where his right knee was. He wondered what his roommate was like. He could tell just by looking at him that he had a presence around him...that wasn't that friendly in a sense. I don't know if this is going to be a good year or not by the looks of this guy....but I guess he's only my roommate in the end. He held out his hand then, so they could shake hands....as he knew it was a polite way to greet people.

• 2 weeks later...

Aomine didn't know what to say when the other suddenly greeted him like that, which was something new, especially when he was used to knuckle tap greeting. He thought all Americans were like that so a handshake was a surprise but not that he'd mind a little change once in awhile. "Aomine Daiki." He said, holding out one hand in return. He observed this guy closely and didn't notice any difference, except the hair color, did he dye it or is it natural? Aomine wanted to ask but was afraid his roommate would feel offended so he held back the question and said something to break the awkwardness between them. "So when did you arrive? What about your stuffs? Deliver later?" He was a man of few words and rarely started any conversation, unless the other partner was someone like an old friend or acquaintance. But today was different. He said more than he normally did and that was because Kuroko had lectured him about his antisocial behavior a day before this guy's arrival. It wasn't that he'd care about not being able to make friends but since Kuroko spent three hours long to knock some sense into him, he wouldn't be so inconsiderate now and pretended he heard nothing.

"I heard you've been living in America, what makes you change your mind and return? Don't you think it's a little late?" Aomine asked curiously.

Kagami blinked then looked at the two suitcases in his hands. "...this is all I have for now. My dad said I would have to pay for anything else I wanted on my own." He sighed softly, just thinking about that. He couldn't read kanji all that well, so a job was going to be hard for him. He was friendly, and he liked to talk to people. But he didn't make friends all that well. In fact the only reason he had friends was because he played basketball. He looked up at his roomate then and sighed softly. "Well, I got a scholarship to go to this college, because I play basketball. So I guess I got lucky. My dad didn't really want to pay for college so if I didn't take this I wouldn't have gone. I did have other scholarships, but this one was the only one with a fully paid tuition."

[[Hi, sorry I've been busy with work so it'll take awhile for me to reply ^^! ]]

"Oh yes, this college offers good scholarship for those who play basketball. I'm also one of them, not fully paid though." Aomine said to lighten up the mood. He wondered why talking to this guy didn't make him feel bored at all, in fact, he had so many things he wanted to share. It was as if he was talking to Kuroko. The feeling was the same. Was it because they have same interest in basketball? Probably. "Putting tuition aside, you still have to pay for living expenses right? So have you found a job yet?" He seemed to forget the fact that Kagami just arrived today so there was no way the red haired would have the time to search for a job. Aomine just didn't realized it. He thought for a second then walked over to the red haired, checking out his muscles. "Looks like your body is good for some labor work so if you haven't got one yet, I can introduce you to a good place. He's a friend of mine."

((It's fine. ^^))

"Eh? W-well I just got here so I don't have a job...." He rubbed his arm. "And I can't read kanji....so I have to be careful with my choices." He then blinked as he heard what Aomine said. It wasn't something he expected to hear..."E-eh...really?" He looked between shocked and surprised. He had just met Aomine, and he was already saying he might know someone who could give him a job? It was surprising. He was about to say something else before his phone went off. "S-sorry hold on a second." He answered his phone and he set down what he had. He stepped out of the room, the bright smile on his face leaving as well.

Aomine nodded as he gestured his roommate to take the call first. He wondered who would call at this time; it could be Kagami's family but why did it seem like he wasn't happy when he answered the call. He wasn't particularly interested in knowing because family issue was something he'd try to avoid getting involved.

While waiting for the other guy to come back, Aomine thought he might as well give his friend a call to ask about that job opening he mentioned last time. It would be great if the spot is still available, if not, he'd have to talk his friend into accepting this new employee. He wasn't sure whether Kagami would take the job or not, but it was better to ask and save a spot for him first.

Kagami slowly came back in and put his phone under the pillow of the non-messy bed. he could easily tell that the neat bed was his as it looked like it hadn't even been touched. He sighed lightly and ran a hand through his hair. Everything had been going so well until then. Why did that have to happen? He shook his head to clear his thoughts, seeming somewhat distant from how he had been before. He sat down on the bed before just flopping back and sighing heavily. He didn't want to show something was wrong but he couldn't help it.

Noticing Kagami's expression had changed, Aomine didn't want to bother him with the job offer either. He quietly sat down on his bed, staring at the other guy who seemed to be in deep thought or maybe trying to clear his mind off of whatever issue that was upsetting him. If Kuroko was here, things would definitely brighten up, somehow or the other. Despite his looks, that guy could be useful sometimes. After awhile, he started to get agitated and couldn't sit still; he took a deep breath and decided to say something to break the silence. "Erm... are you ok? I guess that call just puts you off."

((|D Sorry my classes are back in session and I've already been nailed with so much work...))

Kagami slowly looked at him then gave a smile. "It's fine really...just something I didn't want to be reminded of that's all." He seemed to just push away the thought of it all and he rolled over, facing Aomine. "You've been just watching me this whole time. May I ask why?" He asked then. He would have thought Aomine would have plenty of things to do other than just watch him lay there. He sat up a little bit as his stomach gave a light rumble, further breaking the silence in the room.

[[That's alright ^3^ My classes will start soon too. Take your time to reply. I don't mind waiting, but if you're too busy, we can put the rp on break or however that's convenient for you :) ]]

The awkward silence seemed to fade away, only left with the rumbling sound of Kagami's stomach. Aomine suddenly laughed out loud like he didn't have in a long time. "Looks like someone came here with an empty stomach." He said. His laughter hadn't stopped yet. Since classes wouldn't start till next week, some of the fast food stand hadn't opened yet, so Aomine suggested they go to the one he often went with Kuroko. It was also owned by one of his friends. Although he called them friends, he was just being polite because they were more like acquaintances, rather than close friends. "The food is good and the price is reasonable. What do you say?"

((It's fine. It'll only be when exams come up to when I can't do much at all. Just getting into the swing of things is hard XD))

Kagami blushed heavily as Aomine laughed. He as used to people knowing about his big appetite, so normally it wasn't a big idea.... But Aomines response had caught him off guard. He nodded a little bit then, knowing he at least had money for food...even with his big appettite...but then he got an idea. "....is there some place I can cook, actually?" He smiled. He knew how to cook...and with how much he could eat....it was the best idea.