Lessons of the Night (Private)

En-Faye

"They're going to be holding a livestream of the first meeting, since the secretary is going to speedrun Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask without glitches." Gentarou said, obviously annoyed at his teacher's presence. "And I'm fine. It's just a little headache. I have medicine in my room."

He just wanted to go home, email the president, and get on twitch to wait for the stream. Why was this man on him like a cocklebur? He was just a regular student looking to take some art courses to take a break from coding. What about him interested Yukiya so much? The man couldn't possibly like him just from seeing him once. Love didn't work like that. Also, teacher-student relations were generally frowned upon, so why was he bothering anyway? The questions kept circling around his head, making it hurt even more.

"Why do you ask so many questions?" he finally asked.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• En-Faye

• クローバー (Clover)

"Oh? Is that a game that interests you? Or are you going to join for the sake of joining?" He questioned, smirking slightly at his student's growing annoyance. He frowned slightly after the remark about Gentarou having a headache. Was that directed at him? Even if it was Yukiya wasn't ready to let up just yet, perhaps for today but not more than that. Despite the thoughts swirling through his mind, the male's reply fell from his lips in a timely manner. "Is that so? I hope you're not catching something. It would be terrible to get sick when the semester has only just started."

When Gentarou voiced his question Yukiya's eyes sparked with mischief while a grin formed upon his lips. "Questions are how we learn, are they not? Besides, what's wrong with wanting to learn more about one of my students?" The teacher shrugged his shoulders and turned away. "I'll see you in class tomorrow Gentarou, hopefully your headache will have disappeared by then." He called over his shoulder with a wave. He might be leaving for now, but his intention was to sneak into that stream and see what else he might find out in there. He couldn't have the boy getting too annoyed with him just yet.

• 2 weeks later...

"The game really does interest me. It's a nice departure from Nintendo's usually kid-friendly atmosphere and a decent challenge as well, considering you have to strategically turn back the in-game time to allow yourself enough real time to explore all the areas in Termina and just complete the game's storyline." Gentarou explained, thankful that his teacher looked like he was finally going to let him go. "Anyway, it was nice to talk to you. See you in class tomorrow."

He went into the dorm building and made for the stairs, going up to his room and unlocking the door. Thankfully, he was allowed a room of his own this year, so there was no annoying roommate to bother him and aggravate his headache. He looked in a little black box under his bed and picked out the desired headache medicine, gulping one pill down with a sip of water. The pain was still there for a moment, but he knew it would kick in later. He opened up his computer and checked his email and saw the president's reply, which contained the Twitch.tv link to the livestream and an agenda below with scheduled business and regular meetings. Under the business meetings were topics up for discussion for the day, and under the regular meetings were suggestions for games to play that day. Though the president was a bit of a control freak at times, he at least seemed to know what he was doing enough to lead the club without creating too much internal drama.

Gentarou had his laptop at his desk with a cup of tea nearby as he was preparing to watch the stream. The stream chat was rather sparse, since the club was still setting up for the planned screening of Majora's Mask. He saw that their faculty sponsor was in the chat from his previous comments therein. He was a rather nice man, though he had a habit of sometimes using internet shorthand in his outlines and presentations. He also wasn't very invasive unless the situation called for it, unlike how Yukiya seemed to be. He still didn't understand what about him made the art teacher so interested in him. He was just a normal student with little talent outside his computer abilities and some practice in the visual arts. Trying not to think about it anymore, Gentarou refocused on the screen, seeing that they were nearing the end of setup.