Flower In The Desert ✼

ChibiMonkey

Raziel wasn't really paying too much attention to the other, or listening to him, until he heard the other say he'd let him go. He took his eyes off the pebble, letting it drop to the ground as his attention spun over to Aun, looking at him to try and see if he was serious. And he was surprised to see the defeated look on the others face "Help you?" he asked curiously "What do you want me to do?" he asked frowning. It seemed the other only meant 'let go' in the sense of letting him out of this confinement. The other would still need him to stay here if he needed help.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChibiMonkey

• Kotorichan

"well, I still don't know much about the country... And most of the people that worked under my father won't actually tell me the truth and I wanted you to help me be a better ruler than he was..." Aun sighed softly and rubbed his eyes. He was extremely exhausted from his day. "if you don't want to its fine. I just need someone to be an advisor of sorts"

Raziel had to say, he was a bit in disbelief. The other was saying he wanted to be a better ruler, to actually know his country and know how to help it. He just stared at the other for a good couple minutes "Are you being completely serious?" he asked curiously. This male was completely different than the prince he first met the other day. He was like a different person, with determination and purpose. "If you are serious, I suppose I could help you....I'm stuck here anyways" he said with a casual shrug of his shoulders.

Aun sighed in relief "thank you, thank you so much" he bowed his head slightly. It had been a horribly overwhelming day and he felt like just falling asleep. He searched through his pocket until he found the key for the cell and unlocked the door. He took a couple steps back and rubbed his eyes. "I'll have someone prepare a room for you" he mumbled.

Raziel looked to the other as he seemed genuinely thankful. Raziel honestly still wasn't sure what exactly he was going to do to help the other, but he supposed he'd see. He honestly didn't even see why he was helping the male he hated...he sighed at the thought. When the door was opened, he got up, and walked out of the cell "A room?" he asked curiously. His own room? Raziel was surprised he was getting that much. But he didn't argue or anything, since he was still hesitant about the situation and unsure what was going on.

Aun nodded and yawned. "yes... If you're helping me you won't be a prisoner, you'll be a guest." he left the dungeon and looked around until he found a maid. He told her to prepare a room for Raziel and then looked over at the boy. "you can just follow her for your room... I'll talk to you more tomorrow morning"

Raziel followed the other out of the prison, seeing the guards givig him suspisious and wary looks, clearly not liking how this situation turned out. Raziel just ignored them though as he followed Aun, before he found a maid that would take him to a room. He nodded his head slightly "Alright" he said, watching as Aun then went off to his own room, and he followed the maid he brought him to one of the various spare rooms that were made up and set. He nodded to her "uh, thank you" he said. It was weird having people do things for him. When he was alone in the room, he just looked around it and sighed. Even if he wasn't considered a prisoner anymore, he still didn't want to be here. With that thought, he laid on the bed and fell asleep, dreaming of home.

Aun went straight to his own room and fell asleep. He woke up fairly early the next morning and got up. He was still exhausted from the previous day and extremely stressed about the upcoming day. He got dressed and slowly walked to Raziel's room. The prince hesitated a moment before knocking on the door.

Raziel had slept through the rest of the night once asleep. It was weird sleeping on a mattress, a comfortable, sheeted matress with cotton blankets, instead of wool. It was comfortable physically yes, but somehow, Raziel felt he was more comfortable on the ground, it was closer to his home bed. He didn't have something as simple as a mattress back home, they used sheeps wool and other straw and materials to make blankets and mattresses. When he woke up the next morning, automatically waking up early like clockwork, since he always woke early home for work and everything. But this morning he felt a tightness in his chest, and he knew his illness was acting up again, the air heavier to breath, but he ignored it, acting normal as he answered the door when there was a knock "uh, come in?" he said, the whole situation still weird.

Aun opened the door and stepped in. "Good morning, the maids are going to be bringing you breakfast in a little bit. I'll be coming back after breakfast to talk about things" he sighed softly "is there.. uh... anything else you need?" he frowned, trying to figure out how to act without being a selfish brat.

Raziel shifted a bit, sitting up on the bed as he looked to the door hen Aun came in. He listened to him and he frowned a bit at the thought of being served his food. Would he be served a lot too, like Aun had the other day? He frowned to himself as he looked away from the other. Everything about this place was really making him hate it more, and more homesick. He just missed his father, his brothers, his entire village. He hated being held captive, even if not as cruelly or strictly. "Uh, no...i don't need anything..." he mumbled.

Aun nodded "alright, just let any of the maids know if there's something you need." he stepped out of the room and sighed. The prince went back to his own room and sat down, he didn't know what he was doing anymore. Soon a maid brought food for Aun and then for Raziel, it was a huge amount of fancy food and drink. Aun sat in his room and quietly ate.

Raziel just nodded lightly before watching the other leave the room again. Sighing to himself, he laid back down on the bed, arms behind his head as he looked up at the tall ceiling with a frown. Maybe he could try running away. He wasn't very good at running though - it made his illness act up severely. He sighed running a hand over his face as the maids came in serving him a bunch of food, and again, it made him sick looking at it all. He took a single plate "You can take the rest back, Please only serve me one plate of something from now on" he asked before they left, taking the food back for either other people, servants, or whoever to eat.

After Aun finished eating he got up and went back to Raziel's room. He knocked again before opening the room. "Hello again... Would you mind talking with me for a bit?" He felt unnatural talking that way, he just wanted to go back to the way he normally spoke to people. But he knew that it would be a horrible idea.

Raziel had just finished eating, and scheming through his head about how he could possibly run away from this place, but he then heard a knock at the door. He looked up when Aun came in, and he could tell the other felt out of place, and weird, trying to be nice and all to him. He shrugged his shoulders "Do I really have a choice?" he said as he sighed a bit, watching the other come in and shut the door, as Raziel placed his now empty plate to the side.

• 3 weeks later...

Aun paused, taken aback by Raziel's question. "I can wait if you want..." he has offered. He was completely confused by Raziel's attitude, he thought that being treated like a guest in the palace would make anyone happy. "you could go on a walk or something if you'd like" his brow furrowed as he tried to understand what the other wanted.

Raziel glanced to the other, who was clearly confused. He frowned a bit and leaned back, sighing a bit. He didn't know how this male couldn't see it. Just because Raziel was treated better now, didn't mean anything. All he wanted was to go home, and be with his family. He watched the other "It's not like I can order you around, you highness" he said as he sat up "You came to talk, so, what is it?" he asked.

Aun sat down and stared at Raziel with a look of utter confusion. "Well... Why do you hate me? You said things in your village were bad, but what's wrong with it and how am I supposed to help?" he rubbed his brow, trying to fight off a headache. "don't they just need to work on being better people? If they did the gods would surely give them good fortune..." Aun just couldn't get his head around the whole concept.

Raziel frowned slightly as he looked at the other who clearly was confused, and he glared a bit at his words of naivety. He couldn't believe the other, and just how naive and clueless he really was "Better people?" he growled "If my people could be any better than they were now, they would be the gods themselves. My people are far better than you or any of your filthy rich royals" he spoke "Their lack of riches is not by the Gods' choices. It's because of your and the rest of you disgusting royals. You take all you can get, not sparing a speckle of gold for anyone" You act as though all you can see are those of the rich in the city. But you rule far beyond the city, past what your eyes can see in front of you. And you act as though what you cannot see, cannot exist, and does not exist."

Aun stared at him for a moment. He tried to understand what Raziel was telling him. "so... What am I supposed to do? I never take anything from them. Things just come to me, how am I supposed to make it go to those other people?" he sighed and leaned back in his seat. "Everything you're saying makes no sense, if they work they should be making money and be fine. How am I involved in any of that?"

• 1 month later...

Raziel just sighed and shook his head "That's how you're so naive...you don't even know what's going on in your own country. Though...I suppose you're not pharoah yet" he muttered as he sat down, leaning back as he crossed his arms "It makes no different. Be it your father, or you. All you royals are the same, only taking all you can get" he huffed bitterly as he glanced out the window. He didn't know what else to say, how else to make this male understand he and his royals were the cause for poverty in the rest of the desert.

(I greatly apologize for such a delay in response >.