Beauty In The Water~~

ChibiMonkey

Thomas smiled softly and nodded as he kept his back turned to Fintan while searching for cutlery and some meals. "Yes, she'd probably think you were sweet and cute~" He said with a light chuckle - until he realized he just voiced what he himself thought of the merman. The pianist cleared his throat with a small cough as he took out a fork, a knife and a spoon, as well as a plate of leftover steak and mashed potatoes and placed them in front of Fintan just how it was all supposed to be put.

"I don't know, we'll see now." He answered the question calmly as he looked at Fintan. "I'm not sure if you even have cutlery underwater... Anyway, two of these three things have to be used while eating this. Do you know which ones?" Thomas asked softly as he looked down at the steaming stew and licked his lips a bit. It actually looked pretty damn good... Then again, he was a decent cook. Basically everything he made was good!

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChibiMonkey

• Zombie_In_A_Box

Fintan smiled a bit more as he spoke further about his sister "Really?" he hummed and smiled "I can't wait to meet her" he spoke excitedly. If someone didn't know Fintan was gay, it easily could have been mistaken that Fintan was actually interested in Thomas' sister further than a simple friendship, what with the way he talked about her a lot, and seemed so interested and excited to meet her. Honestly though, Fintan was completely gay, whether one could tell or not.

Fintan sniffed the air a bit as the other cooked the food and soon placed it before him. It was of course, food he had never had before - nor had he ever had cooked food before. It was always raw. Either it be seaweed, shellfish or fish in general - it was always raw. He looked at the foreign meat curiously, poking at it with his finger, before being distracted when the other put the cutlery down. He looked at it confused, before gasped and smiling as he picked up the fork "A dinglehopper! You have one of these?!" He said curiously inspecting it.

(Sorry, couldn't help myself with the little mermaid reference xD)

Thomas huffed softly and lightly slapped Fintan's hand when he poked the meat with his finger. "Don't touch it with your hands!" He said with a small frown and groaned out softly when the other seemingly got so interested in a fork. A fork. "It's called a fork, not a dingle... Whatever you called it." He muttered out and took the fork from the merman's hand, then placed it back onto the table. "This is a spoon, and this is a knife." He explained quietly while pointing at each thing.

"Now, this food is steak, it's simply a piece of cooked meat. These things are mashed potatoes and these are the vegetables." The pianist explained while motioning at each part. He then gently took Fintan's left hand and placed the fork into it, moving his fingers to get the merman to hold the fork right. "There, now keep it like this..." He mumbled while taking the knife and putting it into the right hand of the man. "Now, do this and use the knife to cut off a small piece of the meat. Don't use your hands." Thomas said quietly while moving the hand with the fork to the meat and pushing it down so the piece of the cutlery would pierce through it, keeping it in place.

Fintan blinked a bit and pouted when the other slapped his hand away "Not with my hands...? How do I eat it then?" he asked tilting his head "Do humans just eat with their mouths only then?" he asked with a frown and his brows furrowed. Maybe humans were more barbaric than he had thought. He thought they were supposed to be of high intelligence - to merpeople, that was eating with hands. But it seemed they were so advanced to eat with objects even. Fintan looked to the other, trying to follow him in what he was explaining of every piece of thing. He was even more confused when the other spoke of the meat in front of him "Meat? This stuff is meat?" he asked, poking at it now with his fork, since the other had put the fork in his hand and told him to eat with that, not his hands "It looks so weird" he muttered, the meat of course, being completely difference than fish meat, or shellfish. He'd never seen anything like it before. He supposed it most resembled sword-fish....but it was still weird.

Holding the supposed 'cutlery' in his hands now, it was very awkward, and he tried to grip it as the other instructed and placed for him, but it was a very different motion and placement for his hands and fingers. As the other helped him, he tried to cut the meat as instructed, managing to make a sloppy cut slice of it, but still a cut piece nonetheless "Like this?" he inquired. Fintan by now was utterly confused "now what?"

Thomas blinked and frowned lightly before shaking his head. "With our mouth? God no. Only animals do that..." He mumbled out with the slightest bit of irritation in his voice. People, eating with their mouths only? What nonsense. Humans had tons of different forks, spoons, knives and even teaspoons, how in the world could they eat with only their mouths? Of course, Fintant didn't know that, but... Ah, it still felt a bit weird to even hear such a thing. "Yes, that's meat. It's cooked a bit - like, there's a device that radiates hot temperature, so we place a metal piece shaped into a thing that looks a bit like a bowl with a handle, we pour something called oil in it and keep the meat... And I never thought that explaining it would be so hard..."

The pianist watched quietly how Fintan struggled a bit with cutting a bit of the meat and sighed out when he finally managed. "Now put the meat into your mouth. You bring the fork close to your mouth and put the part with the meat in, then take the meat off with your mouth... If this even makes sense..." He muttered out with a soft sigh as he placed a hand on Fintan's shoulder, observing him quietly.

Fintan blinked a bit, frowning as the other seemed very insulted even at the thought of eating simply with ones mouth. He tilted his head to the side, looking at the other, as he was now most utterly very confused by the situation. How did they possibly eat? Maybe they had some sort of power to just eat, or something? Fintan's mind was now coming up with the most bizarre of things. But then the other showed him how to eat with the utensils and everything. It was an interesting sort of concept, but he supposed he sort of got it and understood. He managed to cut off a piece, before looking at the other confused " 'cooked'?" he repeated the other. In the sea, there of course was no such thing as cooking, it didn't exist. So really Fintan had no clue as to what the other was referring to and talking about. He looked at the piece of meat curiously, before listening to the others instructions. Now he just put the fork to his mouth and ate the meat. He leaned forward, meeting the fork in mid air as he bit down on the piece of meat.

Unfortunate, not being any the wiser, as Fintan bit down on the piece of meat, he bit down on the fork as well, gasping out as he winced, and whined "Oww~" he shut his eyes at the pain in his mouth as he put the fork down, shaking his head "Why do you eat with such a thing?" he inquired, though, the question being more rhetorical than anything really.

Thomas shook his head and let out a soft sigh. "I'll explain it later.." He mumbled out in response to the other's confusion about cooking. The pianist watched quietly how Fintan tried eating - and seemed he... Well, he didn't really fail, but it wasn't a real success either. A soft chuckle left Thomas' mouth as he lightly ran a hand over the merman's hair. "You aren't supposed to bite the fork as well... Look, your bite should be just hard enough to get into the meat!" The man explained softly as he gently took the fork from Fintan and cut off a small piece of the meat before bringing it to Fintan's mouth. "Now, careful and try again~"

Thomas smiled gently as he watched the merman before reaching out and gently stroking his hair. He had no idea why he kept on repeating that... Maybe it was just because he liked the feeling, maybe it was something else, he couldn't tell anymore. His smile remained gentle even with the whole confusion in his mind - he couldn't let Fintan know... At least for now, he was going to hide it. He'd look like some freak if he actually voiced his thoughts.

Fintan whined and pouted a bit as he had pretty much stabbed his tongue with the fork, as well as had bit down on the piece of silver metal. He huffed, pouting as he looked up at Thomas who seemed to find it, if anything amusing. "Not funny, it hurts~!" he whined childishly, before looking to the other and watching him cut another piece of meat. Fintan inspected it, listening to the others instruction about how to eat it, and he stared at it intently. Hesitating, he slowly bit into the piece of meat, very gently.

He was worried he was going to hurt himself again with this object he was to eat with, but finally, he was able to do it successfully. Pulling the piece of meat into his mouth, he chewed it as it tasted much differently than anything else he had eaten before. It wasn't particularly bad or anything. Simply, different. And definitely not nearly as salty as the food he usually ate in the sea "It's good..." he finally concluded and decided to himself.

Thomas found the sight absolutely adorable. The way Fintan tried so carefully to bite the meat, gosh, it was cute! The pianist found himself smiling softly as he watched the merman with a soft, quiet chuckle leaving his lips. He smiled warmly when the other succeeded and reached out to wipe off a small stain from the oil used in cooking from Fintan's cheek. He let out a gentle smile as he chuckled and shook his head. "Sorry, there was a bit of something on your cheek~"

When Fintan said that the mear was good, Thomas seemed to be at least slightly proud. "Of course it is, I made it!" He said somewhat proudly before laughing. "Go on, eat more. Try the potatoes. Just try and soop some up onto the fork~" Thomas said softly before gently guiding Fintan's hand to the mashed potatoes to show him the movement and smiling. "Here, like this."

Fintan smiled a bit as he chewed the meat, and blushed faintly when the other wipped at his cheek "O-oh...okay" he said, blushing faintly. Suddenly, Fintan was very aware of not only how close the other was - but how much he liked it. It caused him to blush more, and grow even more nervous around the other. He was aware at how nervous the other made him feel, in the good way. The way that Fintan didn't want to displease the other, and wanted to impress him and listen to him, make him happy. He blushed as further thoughts ran through his head, and he quickly shook them away as the other instructed him how to eat the potatoes.

He did as instructed, scooping the potatoes into his mouth and tasting the light and fluffy texture and creamy taste of them. His eyes lit up a bit more at these, and he smiled, licking his lips "These are really good! Mashed potatoes? What kind of food is that?" he inquired curiously, taking another bite of them.

Thomas blinked a few times when he noticed how Fintan's cheeks slowly turned to a bit of a red color. Ah- was he making the other uncomfortable? With an apologetic smile on his face, the pianist pulled back a bit just so he wasn't leaning towards the merman. He let out a small hum while observing as the other tried the potatoes - and a smile equal to Fintan's lit up on his own face. "I'm glad you like it~" He said warmly while smiling and looking at the other. Thomas leaned back against his chair as he slowly exhaled and closed his eyes for a few moments.

"Mashed potatoes... Well, potatoes are a kind of a vegetable that humans can grow in land. We put them into boiling water so they get softer and edible for us, then kind of... Well, mash them! We have a special tool for that, and we just kind of make the potatoes into this mass..." The pianist tried explaining before getting up and taking out a potatoe to show Fintan how it looked. "See? Before boiling it, we take off it's skin, this dirty thin thing that's covering the insides, too."

Fintan smiled a bit as he ate the food enjoying it, slowly learning how to use the cutlery and what not. Fintan licked his lips in delight as he looked to the other who went on to explain what a potato was and everything "Oh, vegetable...we have those too" he said with a smile "There's a lot of delicious vegetation in the sea. But I still don't understand what 'cooking' is...i don't think we have any of that" he spoke out in thought, still confused by the concept, or what it even was. Soon enough, Fintan finished eating everything on his plate and smiled "That was all really good...thank you" he said with a happy smile.

Thomas chuckled softly and smiled at the cute confusion that stayed on Fintan's face. He shook his head lightly before tilting his head to one side a bit. “I can show you now, you're done anyway.“ He offered softly as he smiled and stood up. The pianist offered a hand for the merman while smiling gently. “Come on, it's hard to explain without showing...“ He muttered out softly as he turned to the oven and sighed out. Really, he'd never thought he would ever have to show somebody what cooking was. It seemed so natural for him by now, he found it weird that the other didn't know of the process. “See, we, humans, don't usually eat raw food... It's always somehow prepared, though there are some that can be eaten without anything else~“

Fintan smiled a bit when the other offered a hand as he gratefully took it, carefully getting up. Though he could walk, and was finally starting to get used to using his legs, help from the other was still much appreciated, as his walk was still a bit awkward and unstable, a bit shaky even, just like a newborn. He followed the other over to the oven and stove, listening to him explain how it worked, heat generated and everything "Wow...that's so intelligent" he said and smiled "I knew humans were smart....I wonder why we haven't figured out something like this...." he mumbled to himself, unaware the fact electricity was unable to be used in water. Also, merpeople had various other features that helped them instead of the electricity. Like how humans used electric light at night, merpeople didn't have a use for it, as their eyes were always dilated and well accustomed to the dark depths of sea, easily able to see in the dark.

Thomas let out a light laugh at the retorical question he heard coming from the other. "That's because in water the electricity wouldn't just go by the cables. Water makes it uncontrolable and everyone in the whole ocean would be able to feel the electricity sting... A lot of creatures could even die." He finished quietly, a bit sadly before shaking his head. "Anyway, that's enough of information for today... Let's go wash up and... Wait, would that even be logical? Fintan, do you want to sleep in a bed or would you prefer if I got the bath ready so you could spend the night there?" The pianist asked with clear confusion in his voice and face. Did merpeople even do something like that? Did they even sleep? God, what if they didn't?!? The brunet quickly shook off the thoughts and sighed. "Also, when my head gets better, I'll drive you to shop for clothes. I don't have that much money, but I think I could manage to get you some pants and shirts, at least..."

Fintan blinked a bit as the other explained how electricity and cable with water didn't really mix so well, and the reaction he would get if the two mixed. He blinked, wide eyes, and frowned "Ohh...i see....that makes sense" he muttered before he turned to follow the other when he went on explaining washing up and getting ready for bed and all. He tilted his head in confusion, and laughed a bit how the other then seemed to consider letting him sleep in the bath. He smiled a bit, shaking his head "I don't think that bath would be all too comfortable to sleep in, i can't fully fit and submerge my whole body into it...so a bed is fine. I would like to try sleeping like a human anyways" he said with a light smile.

Thomas felt more than slightly embarrassed. In fact, his cheeks actually became a cute, red-ish color as he looked away from the merman and huffed. "Alright then, let's go, I'll show you where you'll sleep~" The pianist offered with a smile as he took Fintan's hand once again. Was it just him or was this becoming a habit? The brunet was pretty damn sure he'd be holding the other's hand even when he could already walk properly... The taller male let out a sigh and shook his head as he began walking towards his bedroom. He'd been feeling so sleepy... Bed seemed like the most amazing place on the whole Earth right now. When they finally entered the room, Thomas smiled and pointed at his bed, then at the one free a bit further away from his own. "I usually sleep there, so... If you want, you can get in with me, or you can just take the free one there."

Fintan tilted his head as he looked to the other curiously, seeing his eyes weren't playing tricks on him, and the other actually was blushing, quite a cute shade of red too. Fintan couldn't help but giggle a bit, happily holding onto the others hand with a smile "Thomas...are you blushing?" he asked curiously, though already knew the obvious answer. He just wanted to mess with the other a bit - it was really quite cute to see him so flustered. He smiled happily as he walked into the bedroom, looking at the two beds "Can I sleep beside you?" he asked curiously, without hesitation as though it wasn't all that awkward of a thing to do.

Typically in the sea, no single merperson slept by themselves, simple for a safety factory from sharks and other predators. A whole clan didn't sleep together in the same area, but they had their makeshift safety places to sleep, like caves or seaweed or something. And though they didn't sleep directly next to each other, they slept fairly close for protection in size. Though to be honest, Fintan was mostly using this as an excuse to sleep beside the other. He hoped Thomas wouldn't mind, and he even explained how he slept in sea so it didn't seem weird or anything. But Fintan did just want to be closer to Thoma. He just didn't want to freak the other out.

Thomas blinked a few times at the first question and, as was probably expected, his blush darkened more. "Shut up..." He muttered out softly as he looked away and sighed. Dammit, he wasn't usually like this... What even made him this embarrassed? It couldn't just be the fact that he failed at giving Fintan an option for sleeping... No, it was probably because of Fintan himself. The merman was just so cute... Adorable, even. The pianist felt like he could actually spend more and more of his time with this guy... And he would enjoy every second of it.

He let out a soft smile at the following question and nodded. "Sure, but be warned that I sometimes talk in my sleep." He said with a soft laugh before walking up to his closet to take out a soft, loosw shirt which was tossed to the other. "Put this on. It'll be easier to sleep with less clothing on." He said with a small chuckle as he took out a shirt for himself and quickly changed, leaving only his boxers and the shirt on. The man enjoyed sleeping in this much clothing... It wasn't too much nor too less,it was perfect!

Fintan simply giggled at the others reaction "Aww, you're so cute, Thomas" he giggled a bit as he smiled happily, it showing by how he gripped a bit more warmly and tightly to the others hand as he was brought to the bedroom. Fintan looked around the room, and to the bed. They had something similar of the sorts when the slept, but of course much different sorts of materials and whatnot.

He looked back to Thomas when he said he could sleep with him and smiled happily. He took the clothes handed to him as he was instructed to change his clothes. He tilted his head, frowning a bit "I know you said it was socially normal for humans to wear these clothes around outside and around others but..." he trailed off looking at them "Could I sleep without them? I think I'd be much more comfortable. It's weird enough wearing these clothes now, i can't imagine trying to sleep in such things..." he muttered out in thought, not finding anything wrong with sleeping naked, as, being naked was rather normal to him.

Thomas' eyebrow raised a bit as the other began talking about how he said that clothes were socially normal for humans. So, what of that?.. Oh. His eyes widened while his cheeks burned up red once more. Naked? Sleep besides him? If this guy was human, he probably wouldn't hesitate any more... Not to have sex, of course not, he'd probably make the person leave. Thomas liked taking things slow, especially when it came to relationships... Friendships, he could go with that easily, but not anything more personal. Even if he did fall in love quickly, he would take his time before asking his "crush" out.

"U-Uhm... At least keep your boxers on..." The pianist muttered out softly as he looked away and sighed. "You'll get cold without clothes, and... And I'll feel awkward if you sleep naked next to me..." He admitted quietly, slightly embarrassed by all that. With a sigh, the brunet shook his head and turned to walk to the bathroom. "Anyway, just get in and wait for me. I'll get right back." He muttered out quickly and walked off into the bathroom to wash his face and clean his teeth.

Fintan tilted his head curiously again as he looked to the other, wondering why he seemed to be getting all embarrassed and red over him simply questioning about sleeping naked. Honestly, Fintan didn't know what was wrong with it. He tried to think in the mind of a human, but nothing came to him. He just shrugged it off, not thinking much of it as he stripped of his clothes when the other said to get in bed and wait for him. "but, I won't get cold, since I"ll be sleeping next to you" he said with a smiled, then faintly blushed realizing what he said. He quickly shook it off as he undressed and just left the boxers on, before crawling into the bed and beneath the covers. It was actually really quite comfortable. Really comfortable. So much so that he was already fast asleep by the time the other came back to the bed.

Thomas' heart throbbed from the words he heard coming from Fintan. The merman sounded like some romantic guy who was in love with him! The pianist groaned out lightly and shook his head. No, he wasn't supposed to think about that... With a sigh, the man just brushed his teeth and washed his face before going back to the bedroom... Where he was greeted by a peacefully sleeping Fintan... Cute... The pianist sighed out softly as he quietly got into the bed next to the merman and smiled. Soon enough, he wrapped a hand around the other's waist and moved closer, now basically spooning the other... Maybe he wouldn't find that weird when he woke up... At least that was what Thomas hoped for. He buried his face into the white hair and slowly exhaled - it only took him a few minutes to fall asleep... The merman was warm...

Fintan was sound asleep, passed out on the others bed for the night. It had been an extremely long, and extremely exhausting day for the merman. Learning so many new things in one day, meeting humans, such on and such forth. It was crazy, and so he slept like a baby that night, snuggled and curled up into the other when he felt his warmth surround him. Fintan smiled a bit as he cuddled into the other, and eventually, the next morning rose. Though he had experiences so many things yesterday about land, it being his first time and day living amongst humans, and as a human, there were still some things he had yet to learn about the differences between the human body and his typical merman body he was used to. Such as an exposed organ between his legs that seemed to have a mind of its own that morning.

Thomas' sleep wasn't anywhere near as peaceful as Fintan's. The head injury seemed to be causing weird dreams and dull aches he felt in his sleep. The pianist woke up numerous times during the night and walked to drink some water before going back into bed. His lightly brown eyes seemed a bit tired as he went back to sleep for at least the tenth time... When he awoke the next time, he finally felt rested enough... And he also felt something pushing against his arm which was wrapped around the other's waist. At first he got confused, then suddenly, he understood. The brunet quickly pulled his arm away and let out an embarrassed cough. Well, fuck.