XxXxLost ChildrenxXxX

Teesie

Vensu gave the dark-skinned boy a well-I-didn't-know look. Sometimes the eldest teen could be a bit slow to acknowledge certain aspects about his teammates; all but his little red head. Although the dark eyed boy could usually tell what Charon was thinking or feeling, that was utterly anonymous now. No one really knew how the boy felt now, albeit Halo had the most insight.

Ares glanced over to his best friend before frowning. "Who ever said the kid was slow in that way." A smile conquering his face. I was meaning as in speed sweetheart. A brow raising as he smirked to Halo. "Anyways, let us continue with our work. We need to finish this quickly."

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teesie

• cheshireArtist

Halo rolled his eyes at both of his teammates, and looked over at Charon as he finally came out of it. The demon stood up to his full height, map in hand, and walked over to the three other males, Orchid in tow. He handed the freshly drawn map to the Leader, "Matching?" He asked, gesturing to the other map.

Orchid frowned, she really missed when Charon was loud and snappy, mostly because she could at least tell he was okay, and when he wasn't, but now she couldn't, Ares couldn't, not even Vensu could; only Halo really could anymore. It was kind of sad. She sighed and shook her head, going to stand by her adoptive brother, gripping the angel's hand lightly. She was a little nervous about the escape...if something went wrong this could all end really badly.

Ares glanced to the map and nodded, gently removing it from the other's hands. "I guess we should now begin to move out. I trust you Vensu to get these two out of here, and you also Charon. Hm, I only guess that means I trust you two to get Orchid out safely. With the both of you working together, there shouldn't be a problem or any mistakes."

Standing from his sitting position, the green haired teen glanced back to Halo and smiled. "Uh, I guess we should hurry if we plan to make it to the main office while the scientists are distracted. It'll make things easier for us." Rushing to the door to pick the lock.

Vensu wrapped Orchid in his arms, biting onto his bottom lip. The eldest teen was utterly nervous for his group. They had to be the first team to ever attempt such foolishness. Their chances of a successful mission was sixty-five percent. A percentage that the leader wasn't fixated on. As long as the odds were on their side, then the blue eyes male would take that chance.

"No matter what happens Orchid, I want you to continue the path. I will protect you with every inch of my fiber; but if something goes wrong....I don't want you to stop, ok?" Smiling softly to the red head girl in his arms.

"No matter what happens Orchid, I want you to continue the path. I will protect you with every inch of my fiber; but if something goes wrong....I don't want you to stop, ok?"

Orchid bit her lip and nodded reluctantly at Vensu, though she knew that she could never really leave behind any of her team...they were all too important to her. "I promise," She whispered, looking up at the other, though, the red headed girl knew she was going to break that promise if worse comes to worse. The Healer hugged her brother tightly around the waist, knowing fully well that this might be the last time she got the opportunity to do so.

Charon watched the display of affection with a small frown before looking away and at his feet. He felt a callused hand on his shoulder, and looked down to see Halo. The dark skinned male gave a small squeeze to the taller teen's shoulder, and a barely visible smile. The full demon smiled back slightly, though sincerely. "Thankth...," The Navigator whispered to his surrogate brother. Halo nodded an gave the other a look the read, 'No problem.' Charon stared for a moment and wondered if he should hug the Fighter like Orchid was hugging Vensu, but decided against it, knowing that the hybrid wasn't that big on affection.

After comforting Charon the Fighter took one of the maps and walked over to Vensu and Orchid, handing the angel the map, in turn, trusting the Tracker with the safe escape of the two younger members of the team. Knowing Area had their map, Halo walked over to stand by his best friend, watching as the seconds ticked down to their escape attempt.

With a snap of his wrist, the door swung open, the leader glancing back to smile at his team. "Well we had better hurry before they notice we are missing from our cell." Quickly flicking his fingers over the light switch to dim the room. "Now Vensu I want those two safe. Don't you even dare letting them get out of your sight. Halo," Taking said person's hand in his own. "we are together." Darting out the room and to the right. He and the fighter was performing a good deed. A sacrifice mission that many wouldn't even dare to commit, let alone think about; albeit releasing the other demon and angels was the least Ares could do for the grieving families.

"We can do this Halo, we just have to make sure our mind is in the right place. We can't make any mistakes or we are screwed."

XxxXxxXxxXxxXxxXxxXxxXxxX

Vensu glanced at the direction Ares and Halo had taken, exhaling softly before take Orchid's hand and leading her from the room. He wishes there was something he could do to draw attention; therefore his leader and fighter would have a better success rate. "Charon, is there any secret passages that you know of that you hadn't drawn on the map because it wasn't necessary. Not even so for that reason, but if we can find more passages, there is a better chance we can escape. At least a hiding spot we can place Orchid so we can assist our leader in some way. Don't you think a distraction would help, or should we just trust in those two to finish their own race? "

Even though Vensu didn't quite get along with Ares, he was more than worried for the green haired teen. It wasn't an easy task the two was taking upon. It was dangerous and nerve wrecking.

"Don't you think a distraction would help, or should we just trust in those two to finish their own race? "

"Truthfully...I think we thoudn't thir up more commotion than nethethary," The demonic teen muttered, looking down at his shoes, "They might releathe the...the chimerath before we're ready." Charon could see where Vensu was coming from, but, personally, he felt as if they should wait before trying anything like creating a detraction. One mess up and they could all be dead for this.

Orchid frown and clenched her fists; she didn't like when Vensu go like this. She didn't need to be hidden and protected like some fragile baby bird, she was the Healer. She was just as much a part of this team than any of the boys.

ooOOooOOoo

"We can do this Halo, we just have to make sure our mind is in the right place. We can't make any mistakes or we are screwed."

Halo nodded in agreement as he ran beside his friend, they needed to be stealthy if they were going to pull this off and live to tell the tale; or more importantly, the rest of their team. 'We should only communicate like this now...it'll lessen the chances of us being heard,' The hybrid sent through their mind link. It would be a major risk if someone were to hear Ares talking.

Ares smiled, nodding slightly. He and Halo had been linked together through so much pain. Once the scientists tested in two captured criminals, he and the fighter was brought on for testing. Through such a long and hurtful procedure, Halo and Ares was able to communicate with one another, through the mind. Of course, this was a secret the two kept to themselves. The idiot men had no idea that performing such actions was to later help them. The leader was sure he could do nothing without the dark skinned male; often forgetting that he too was linked to the other.

Ah, my apologies. I quite often forget about this strange thing we have between us. A noticeable smile spreading across his face once more. With a glance around the corner, the green haired teen dashed out and into the opening. No men were around, so they had a straight shot to the next room. Beyond this point is what would get difficult, it would definitely need team work; and who was better for the job than he and Halo.

XxxXxxXxxXxxXxxXxxXxxXxxX

Vensu nodded at Charon, the other was right. Maybe he was becoming paranoid already, which wasn't a good timing. Once again pushing the small red head forward, the older teen darted behind her, intentionally listening for the sound of any danger. The route that he, Orchid and Charon had to take wasn't that long, it was more like a few minutes away.

"You're right Charon. I guess I'm just a little paranoid. " He whispered, dark orbs focused on the other as he grabbed the red head girl to stop at a crossroad.

Halo let out a nearly soundless chuckle at the other and followed Ares into the open, sharp eyes searching for any kind of danger, brandishing a sheathed sword. Due to the locking mechanism on the sheath he couldn't pull out the blade, but he could still knock someone out with a well placed blow to the head. One the coast was clear, the hybrid glanced over at his friend, 'Let's go, on your count. The coast is clear.'

ooOOooOOoo

Charon, sensing a presence approaching at the crossroad. The demon reached out and dragged Vensu and Orchid back, pressing them up against the wall. Taking a breath, he focused his will upon the shadows on the walls to cloak them. It took a lot of will power to control the shadows, and not loose himself, but he was at able to at least keep them from sight temporarily. Two scientists walked by, talking.

"Have you heard? They're saying that the Neutral Zone is finally starting to come out of hiding," One said, peaking the hidden demon's interest.

"You really believe that shit? The Neutral Zone's just a myth, there is no possible way that many people can be hidden so quickly," The other one argued.

"Then who attacked those hunters and realm official, huh? Not the Demon Zone, those scum are gone," The first one argued back.

"Oh shut it..." Their voices trailed off as the passed out of the area.

Charon let up on the shadows, release his teammates, "We thould hurry," He whispered, glancing back at where the scientists disappeared off too. As much as he was curious about the Neutral Zone, he would rather get out of this hell first.

Vensu glanced to Charon and nodded, pushing Orchid ahead as he dashed after her. Getting his two teammates out of danger was the one objective his leader had given him and he would be damned if he failed that. "The exit isn't far from here. I just hope that leader Arss and Halo be ok." Talking in a hushed tone, as he rammed open the door. This was it. They had escaped.

xxxXxxxXxxxXxxxXxxx

Ares grabbed the dark skinned male around the waist and pushed him against the wall. With blue orbs staring into one another's, the leader released a smile and slowly inched toward the other male. "We should go on...one, two.....three." Pushing from the wall and dashing away from the smaller male. The route from here would only get more difficult. Epeecially when memories were to surface.

Slowly inching open the door, the older teen groaned. This was a room that he and Halo had been in for a while sometimes. The experimenting room. Being hybrids also didn't help the situation. Well, here we are Halo. The room that you and I have despised all our lives. Hm, I suppose we need to find a way to get into the chamber with the dead bodies. The same hell hole I was trapped in as a kid. Averting his attention to the other to see how he reacted.

With Vensu ramming the door open the Navigator and Healer ran outside, the cold, hard tiles turning to thick grass beneath their feet. They couldn't just sit around and marvel at it, though, the needed to keep moving. Orchid was silently amazed at the simple things like trees, and the the puddles on the ground, and the grayish sky...the closest she had ever gotten to nature were the simulations, and she found nature beautiful.

Noticing a path ahead made in the wilderness from Charon whispered to Vensu quickly, "We thould follow it out, but not directly...maybe we could walk along thide, hide in the vegetation on the thide."

ooOOooOOoo

Halo scowled at the room, rubbing his fingers along his scarred throat. 'Let's get this over with, Ares...,' He growled softly through the link. He walked over to Ares, glancing into the slowly opening door, side pressed slightly against his friend. Though his face appeared stony, the silently grabbed Ares hand in his own, squeezing slightly, and mentally preparing himself to willingly go in that hell.

Ares briefly glanced to his friend as he heard the small growl. He could tell that Halo was already dreading to proceed in the hell hole. It's going to be fine Halo. I won't let anything happen to you. Besides, even though this room was cursed by us both, it is what brought us closer together. Opening the door fully with an intent to dash toward the death chamber. Once the metal blockage was pushed aside, Ares eyes widened before freezing in his actions. Big trouble. Seems like we have company, beautiful.

At that very moment, the men in white coats glanced their way and frowned. "What the hell are you two doing here?"

"Well, someone else told us to come here. I think they would like to perform an experiment." The leader quickly lied, giving Halo's hand a squeeze. He knew it would take a couple of seconds before the two called him a bluff. Then the hybrids would be returned to their room. Loosening the fighter's grip, Ares dashed forward , grabbing a noticeable syringe on the way, and quickly injecting the substance into the closest scientist's neck. This of course caused instant pain, the man not being able to handle the liquid 's effect.

With a push to the head, Ares swiftly turned to deliver a kick to the other male's torso, the scientist stumbling toward Halo. "Hit him Halo!" The green haired teen yelled, shifting himself to the closed section of the room to force open the door. The two would have to climb the pile of dead bodies to get into the vent. That would be a difficult task all on its own.

xXxxxXxxxXxxXxxxxxXxxxXx

Vensu was struck with awe, his dark orbs glancing around his surrounding. The nature was much more beautiful than anything he had ever seen. He could even compare such an unlikely object to the beauty of his sister. Quickly snapping out of his daydreaming, due to Charon, the blue haired teen gave a nod, accepting what the other said to be a smart remark.

"Yes, I agree to all that you have said. Then please, let us make haste. I can only imagine what will happen if they knew we escaped." Taking it upon himself to lead the other two on the path. He was making sure that if any got hurt it was him. Who knew if there was any traps planted.

Halo took his sheathed blade and followed his leader's order with pleasure, and bringing the object down as hard as possible on the scientist's head, a loud crack and splat filling the room. The body hit the floor with a thump, brain matter splattering on the floor; Halo may have hit a bit too hard out of panic, but he didn't quite care...what was one bastard of a scientist. The only other scientist stared at them in fear, and seemed to be groping around under the desk for something. The hybrid growled and turned his attention to the fearful man, reading himself to land another killing blow. The man screamed, and the sheathed blade came down hard against the scientist's temple, knocking him out; whether he was dead or alive didn't matter to the white haired teen at this point.

'Let's go Ares,' Was all that was said through the link, repositioning the sheathed blade on his back, icy eyes showing no emotion.

ooOOooOOoo

Charon nodded and followed Vensu onto the path, only pausing to pick up Orchid, startling her slightly. "I can walk," She whispered, wrapping her arms around the demon's neck to steady herself.

"I'm not doubting that...this is just quicker," The Navigator muttered, keeping a sharp eye out for traps in the foliage as he followed behind the tracker. He also listened to their surroundings very closely, trying to pick up every odd noise that might be an enemy.

What do you think I'm doing sexy. Ares said, smirking as he steadily pulled at the door, which was jam shut. With a heavy huff the teen glanced to the fighter with a raised brow. Mind helping me? This is closed pretty tightly. Also, we need to get that sword of yours unsheathed. The green haired male stated, once again clawing his hands into the door to continue wit pilling it. It Halo was to join him, maybe the two could get the door to budge open.

"Gods, this is harder than I-" Quickly quieting himself, eyes closing slightly. err...my apologies. He pleaded to his friend through the link connecting them.

xxXxxxXxxxxxXxxxxXxxx

Vensu stooped at a cross road, briefly looking to each side before shifting his weight to face Charon and Orchid. "Did leader Ares request a specific point. If so, which direction should we go. Staying here could be cautious so I prefer we move a little further away from the facility. What do you think Charon, Orchid?"

Halo rolled his eyes, and grabbed a hold of the door as well, beginning to yank the door along side Ares. The door creaked and eventually began to open. 'There...a little bit more and we'll be in...can't wait to actually use my sword against those bastards,' The murmured through the link, taking a breath and pulling a bit harder on the door.

ooOOooOOoo

"Didn't he tell you to lead uth to the outthkirts of town or thomethin'," Charon muttered, glancing around nervously, glad the decided to walk in the foliage because the dirt path next to them was littered with small traps. It would have been hell navigating that.

"Yeah, he said we'd meet him and Halo there later, after they were done with their side of the mission," Orchid chimed in softly from the navigator's arms.

"When we get there we thould find a buildin' to hunker down in until they get there," The drimson eyed teen stated in a whisper, "Board it up, and find some food and water..."

Vensu nodded, once again glancing all directions. "The I suppose we'll just continue to travel the straight road. Although, maybe it would be good if we faked a trail...maybe leave a piece of torn clothing to the left of us. They possible would think we went that way." Once again waiting for the responses of his partners.

xXxxXxxxXxxxXxxXxxxXx

With a bit more force, the two managed to open the door, Ares dashing through and waiting for the fighter before slowly closing the door again. The leader let out a sound, covering his nose because of the pungent scent. It was irritating his senses. The two couldn't stay in the room for too long. Surely breathing in the air of decaying bodies couldn't be healthy at all.

Come on Halo. There is a vent up above us. Let's get there and make our way to the main office. We don't have far to go. The green haired teen thought. Darting toward the corpses, and jumping upon them to pull himself up further. The boost from his wings had given him enough height to land halfway toward his destination. A smile appeared as he looked down to the dark skinned teen.

Come on beautiful

Charon nodded in agreement, shifting the the tiny thirteen year old in his arms slightly. It was a good idea, to leave a false trail for them to follow...less chance of Chimeras, or trackers to pick up their trail once the alarm went off in the building. Thinking of that the dark haired demon quickly added, "We need to be quick about it, though...there will be no telling when the they'll notithe we're gone, and getting to town will optimize our chances of getting away and not getting caught so much higher." It was necessary to get to the town and find a place to hide as soon as possible.

ooOOooOOoo

Halo nearly gagged...this was disgusting. He pulled up his shirt to cover his nose, scowling. 'Unless some members of their staff have a seriously disgusting fetish I'll never gt why they need this many dead bodies laying around,' The hybrid deadpanned, following suit, scaling the dead bodies, and landing rather close to his Leader.

Come on beautiful

He rolled his eyes slightly he pressed forward, heading towards the vent, 'Yes, because scaling a pile of dead bodies calls for the absurd interaction you call 'flirting'.' He made small air quotes as he thought the word flirting...there were just some social interactions he'd never quite get, and flirting was one of them. He was bloody and probably mucky and now smell horrible because of the piles of corpse they were degrading...he could see nothing beautiful about himself at the moment. Flirting just seem highly unnessary to the Fighter...he'd never get why Ares liked doing it so much.

Vensu agreed to all of what Charon was speaking. At this moment in time, they all needed to move quickly, or there was a chance that they could be caught. Taking a deep breath, the blue haired teen snatched off his shirt and pull multiple strings of red locks from his sister with an apologetic smile, and stop to stare at the demon to see what be could possible use.

With quick thinking, the tracker ran his fingernail across the other's face, managing to draw blood. "I apologize you two but I needed something with your DNA. I would like if you two would just head to the village, I will pick up your scent and follow behind you. I want to leave a believable trail." The eldest of the three informed, giving a nod before taking a dash to the opposite direction of the one they were taking.

xXxxXxxxXxxxXxxXxxxXx

"Ah ligh-" His voice abruptly halting as he gave a wide smile.-ten up Halo. With that attitude you'll only ruin things. Finally reaching the vent to harshly pull it from the entrance, the metal clanking to the floor. Ares flinched, hoping no one had heard that before speedily entering the vent to their escape route.

Moments passed, the two finally standing before the devices that basically controlled the facility. "We're here Halo. Let us hurry so that we can leave. All we have to do from here is turn these switches, you figure out the codes and we bail down that hallway," pointing. "and we'll be out of here."

Orchid winced as hairs were pulled from her scalp, but nodded, "Be safe, big brother...all right?" She muttered, looking up at Vensu with hazel eyes. She hoped and prayed that he'd come back to them safe, she couldn't sand loosing any of her family because of this.

Charon didn't even wince as blood was drawn, mostly because as soon as it was drawn the flow stopped, and the cut began to close. The demon's crimson eyes were near unreadable, but he muttered, "You better come back, and don't take unethary riskth...feather ath." In that moment Charon showed a little bit of his old snark, before, turning his back to the other, and taking off in a sprint, having an odd feeling he needed to do double time to reach the town in time. He tightened his grip on Orchid, frowning...he just hoped Vensu would be okay.

ooOOooOOoo

The white haired fighter nodded diligently and got to work on the codes while Ares did his thing. He actually felt rather...happy, for once...they were going to get out of there, they were going to be free.

It took about ten minutes of time they didn't have but the Fighter had finally figured it out. 'Got 'em...ready when ever you are.' He probably didn't do the best of jobs, a Navigator would have been a better choice to have here, but he think he got it...he hoped he got it...he wanted to experience that thing people called freedom.

Ares nodded, walking close to the white haired teen and smiled. "Finally, for once in my life....I feel happy. I feel like I can be free Halo. This is our prize that we will share with everyone. Well be heros." The leader spoke with a lit face. This had to be the most enjoyable time of his life. "I'm ready. Let hell break loose." He announced, walking to open the door for both to bolt out of when the dark skinned male pushed the button to release the rest of the chambered victims. What the older boy didn't know, was that there was many scientist aware of the two entering into the main office.

xXxxXxxxXxxxXxxXxxxXx

Vensu smiled as he once again seen emotions from Charon. At least more than what he was use to these days. As he ran along the path, sprinkling the ground with his sweat and the blood from the demon, he smiled after realizing this all was real, and not just a dream. Red strands of hair was ripped from his grip, as the wind blew harshly against his body. The three of them had really managed to escape. The tracker was just hoping that the fighter and the leader had it done on their end as well. Vensu wasn't sure how he'd react if he never saw the two anymore. Maybe, just maybe the others were fine; but there was something about that wind that blew. Something about the empty feeling that was appearing in his soul.

Halo pressed the button with little hesitation, and, finally unsheathing his blade, gripped Ares hand tightly with his unoccupied one. This was it...this was what they've worked their whole lives for. Pulling forward on the older hybrid's hand, Halo ran through the door out into the hallway. There were a few other kids the dark skinned boy didn't know, all most likely looking for an exit. Heart pounding in his chest, he and Ares ran to their planned exit...everything was going as planned...until he heard a scream...and heard the inhumane growling.

He glanced back to see a chimera leap out from the shadows, tearing apart an innocent kid that looked maybe eight at the most. He could hear the kid pleading for it to stop...screaming and crying...the worst thing being that he was screaming for his sister to stop. Looking away from the scene, Halo let go of he other's hand, as to grip his sword better, and pushed Ares slightly ahead of him. He was the Fighter...he needed to protect his Leader.

ooOOooOOoo

The Navigator paused against a tree for a moment, trying to catch his breath, heart erratic in his chest. Orchid tightened her grip around his neck. Charon wondered just how far this stupid town was...he couldn't go on running like this...he wasn't built for it. His lungs, his fucking lungs, hurt from all the heavy breathing and running, and he was absolutely soaked in sweat. He heard barking in the distance and the muffled orders of scientist, and stiffened, pressing flat against the tree, bright red eyes wide.

"Thit," He whispered under his breath, quickly running out of options. If he moved now he might attract unnecessary attention, but if he didn't they might find him.

"Hey," A whispered voice somewhere above him said, causing the Navigator to up on the defensive, "Ya folks needin' some help?" Bright yellow eyes met crimson, nearly glowing from the treetops. The dark haired demon could barely make out the outline of a rather small, feathered being in the the trees, yellow eye glowing, and feather gleaming slightly in the low light.

gfhgfdhgfhf_by_cheshireartist-d7o0qft.png

Vensu was out of materials, glancing behind him at the sound of footsteps. Fuck! It seemed as if the trackers were already let loose. Halo and Ares had succeeded it seemed. In moments, another body collided with his, a small blond haired boy giving a groan as he plummeted to the ground.

"Hey! Watch were your going." He sneered at Vensu, who only smiled and reached for the other to yake his hand. "I see that you've manage to escape as well. Following my trail I see. Going where other escapees would go huh?" This of course made the smaller male blush.

"Yeah, so what." Accent a bit strange due to his bringing up in the facility. "So where are you guys going anyways? I can smell three of you."

"This is the wrong path kid. The other two actually went west. I'm here to lead a fake trail for us to have more time to escape. However, this only works as good because I had some of Charon's blood. Its more prominent over our natural body odors, which would lead chimeras to the west but because I had blood....well...as you know from experience...it is much stronger. The reason you followed me, right?"

The blond nodded, blushing a little harder. "So I've been tricked. Look, I'm scared to go out there on my own...can I travel with you....please."

Vensu only nodded, finally lifting the other from the ground. "Well we better get going. We don't have much time."

xXxxXxxxXxxxXxxXxxxXx

Ares closed his eyes as he watched many innocent people get mauled by the once human creatures. It was sad, and he wished it wouldn't have happened, but Halo and him both knew this would occur one way or another. Fighters were suppose to stick with their group and defend, but some was just as frightened and selfish as the rest. That was why Halo was a honor to the green haired male. He knew the dark skinned teen would never let him down.

Even though blood was splattering around Ares, he at least knew that some people would escape, and that made up for the guilt that was building inside him. With his hand reaching back for the demonic fighter, the leader managed to grab the other, quickly snatching him past a chimera which lunched at them.

Panting, Ares opened his mouth to speak. "We finally did what we wanted to." Ducking a swipe at his head. "We'll be able to escape here soon Halo." Ares explained happy, smoking brightly to the other. It dropped when suddenly something major happened, the system turning on to repeat a statement over and over again.

"Emergency sequence...all doors will be closed in less than five minutes. Facility will be reverting to lock down. Please return to your chambers or there could be a possibility that you will be killed.

Emergency sequence...all doors will be closed in less than five minutes. Facility will be reverting to lock down. Please return to your chambers or there could be a possibility that you will be killed.

Emergency sequence...all doors will be closed in less than five minutes. Facility will be reverting to lock down. Please return to your chambers or there could be a possibility that you will be killed.

Emergency sequence...all doors will be closed in less than five minutes. Facility will be reverting to lock down. Please return to your chambers or there could be a possibility that you will be killed."

Ares turned to Halo, a panicked expression on his face. It seemed like there was only a limited time. As many people wouldn't escape if they didn't hurry. If they were too frightened to come from their hiding spots. If they believed it would all be ok. "Halo...." The green haired teen whispered, heart dropping as he observed the capacity of the facility he could see.

Stopping to glance over the railing, in which they were so high above, Ares frowned, tears gathering into his eyes. Below he could see the cower of many victims as they ran to hide. That wouldn't help them. What hurt worse was the fact that some even returned to their chambers to be imprisoned again.

"YOU ALL HAVE TO RUN! DON'T JUST STAND THERE DAMMIT. PLEASE!" Unit 002 yelled, laying his head onto the railing to plead. It would all be in vain. They couldn't hear him.

Halo snatched Ares' arm, icy eyes wide, and pulled him away from the railing...they needed to keep moving, it would be no help to just stand there screaming. 'We need to go...it can't be helped, come on...,' He though, no emotion present of his face, though sorrow showed in his eyes. He didn't like leaving others behind, but if they didn't hurry up they'd be leaving their team without a Leader and a Fighter. He started to run to their exit again, dragging his fellow hybrid after him.

Suddenly, a Chimera leaped out in front of them, 'Damn it...we don't have the time,' He swore, letting go of the other a drawing his sword. A gunshot rang out, and a bullet dug it's way into the creature's skull, toppling over. Glancing back he caught the eyes of a fellow Fighter, a sandy haired girl with light gray skin, and light gray eyes; obviously a half demon. In her arms was a four year old child, a boy with sooty gray hair, and blue eyes, and clinging to her pants leg was a was a little girl, maybe about eleven; both look at least half angel and related. The white haired teen motioned for them to follow the hybrids...she saved them, and was protecting what was left of her team; she had earned his respect.

With the three joining them, they ran for the exit, the two fighters hanging back to protect their group. They were almost at the door, when the alarm rang out again "Less than one minute! Please return to you containment units!" Shit. The Chimeras were closing in, and there was no there option...they needed to distract the beasts or they'd tare them all apart. The two Fighters exchanged a look, and nodded in agreement...they had to protect their teams at all cost. The female Fighter shoved her gun into the sooty haired girl's hands, and placed the four year old in Ares' arms. Sheathing his sword, Halo shoved it in Ares' hands before he could protest, and both Fighters shoved their teammates out the door at hard as possible. Seconds later the click of a lock could be heard, trapping the two Fighters inside and Ares and the two children outside.

"All experiments outside their containment unit will now be exterminated." The muffled voice of the alarm sounded through the door. The eleven year old's eyes widened, and she began pounding on the door, screaming, "Garnet! GARNET! NO! NO! COME BACK! COME BACK!!" Tears streamed down her face, she just lost her Leader, and their Tracker was gods knows where, and now their Fighter was gone...she was only a Navigator an her brother a healer not even old enough to heal...she felt alone. All that could be heard was screaming and the tarring of flesh inside the building.

ooOOooOOoo

"Who the fuck are you?" Charon whispered, a slight growl to his tone. He didn't trust anyone, much less some strange ass demon kid who so happens to be sitting in a goddamn tree.

"Name's Leto," He whispered back, and sighed, "Listen, small talkin' aside, I can see ya folks are in some kinda trouble...since ya came from that creepy ass buildin' down there. Ya guys headin' in ta town?"

"What'th it to you...wait...you're from the town? I thought that place was a ghotht town...," The younger male muttered, narrowing his eyes slightly, "What are you playing at, kid..."

"Notta kid," Leto scowled, pouting childishly, "It kinda is, but my group had taken up residents up in onea the buildins."

"Group...there's more of you?" The Navigator questioned, flinching as the barking got closer to his and Orchid's hiding place.

"Yeah, we're Judgement Day survivas...ya know...when the entirety of the world went to Hell in a hamsta ball," The smaller teen answered as if that type of talk was casual, "I can bring ya guys inta town all sneaky like...ya seem ta have someone after ya."

"Why are you even helpin' us...," Charon questioned with a snarl.

The feathered demon rolled his brightly colored eyes and sighed in exasperation, "Listen...I'd be damn hypocrite if I didn't help a fellow demon in trouble...plus, ya have a kid, and I'd have a hell of a guilty conscious if I didn't help ya folks out, ya see."

Scowling, and seeing no other choice, the Navigator nodded, which earned a grin from the strange teen. They had no choice, following that path was no longer an option, and this weird kid was their best shot in getting to town. He watched Leto jump down from the tree, landing in front of them with little sound made. Kid was pretty short, with messy, dark brown hair that covered his right eye, and if one looked closely they could see small, baby blue plumage from sticking out amongst the hair. His skin was a tan, though it had a grayish undertone, and he had long, strangely catish fang, despite his obvious bird demon lineage. He was feathered arms, talon like fingers, and the whole bird demon shebang, including a pair of wings. "Come on," He motioned for them to follow, and Charon, after setting down Orchid and grabbing her hand, followed. He was putting their faith in a complete stranger, so he hoped he was making the right decision as they were lead deeper into the woods.

Vensu rushed through the grass, dodging the chimeras that the scientists had released outside the facility to kill those who had escaped. The monsters were traveling in the main road, watching as the devilish experiments, sniffed around the area to find out what direction should they be heading.

"Wait, wait! Why the hell are we going back to the facility?" The small blond said, running on all fours like that of a dog. Vensu found it quite cute, although foolish; but who was he to judge. Growing in a facility was pretty hard for some people. Maybe this boy was kidnapped as a baby, and was never took care of properly before being thrown in a group.

All experiments outside their containment unit will now be exterminated."

"Garnet! GARNET! NO! NO! COME BACK! COME BACK!!"

As expected, the dark haired male had expected a tragedy. It was the same call of that when he was younger. When a set of twin angels had managed to escape the facility. All outside the the building was mauled and ripped to shreds by unthinkable creatures and mechanisms. The tracker just wanted to make sure his partners were ok.

"HALOOOOOOOOO! Halo, NO PLEASE HALO ANSWER ME!

It was Vensu's worst fear. One of the two had gotten hurt. He and the blond contiued to run through the tall vegetation, the other seeming to be lost in his thoughts. This wasn't good.

xXxxXxxxXxxxXxxXxxxXx

Ares, fell to his knees, head pressed against the closed door, as tears climbed down his cheek. The person that he wanted to escape with most had been killed. Had been devoured by those creatures and other unthinkable monsters. It was all a disasters.

The calling of his name by a familiar voice had drew his attention. It was none other than Vensu, the leader standing quickly with a frown. "What the hell are you doing here? Where is Charon and Orchid? Where the hell are they?" He yelled, wishing that the other two was ok. The green haired teen couldn't take losing anyone else he cared for.

They're fine leader. But.....but....where is...Halo?

Ares hung his head, shaking his head without a word. "We have to go. Come on." Pulling the small crying kids with him. "We have to go damnit. These monsters are after us and they took Halo!" Closing his eyes.

The small blond sighed, tears falling down his cheeks as he shook his head. "Garnet....s-she's gone too." The blond spoke, lip quivering. He hated the situation at hand.

Ares nodded slightly, closing his eyes with a frown. "Can we just go. We need to. You all lead the way."

"What kind of fucking path is this," Charon growled out, watching the surroundings warily as if he expected an ambush, "We're thtraying completely from the goddamn path, idiot!"

Leto turned to the taller boy, hands on his small hip and snarked back, "Duh, you dumbfuck...keepin' to the goddamn path is a death wish...you wanna get caught, smart stuff? Do ya?" The bird demon wasn't normally this rude to people...but he hated being given order, and being bossed around. He was his own man, damn it! Especially since Leto was the one who knew the forest like that back of his hand, though he normally stuck to the trees instead of the ground.

Charon scowled, and crossed his arms across his chest. He was unwilling to admit this stranger was right...he just hoped Vensu could pick up their trail.

Orchid frowned, and looked up at Leto and muttered a question, "How do you know where the town is, mister Leto, if you don't have the path to follow?"

The dark haired demon smiled a little, and answered with a small grin, "Well, kiddo, Imma scout in my group, I'm sposta memorize all different kindsa way of gettin' in and outta dodge, and map the area." He, again, normally did this from the trees, but walking on the ground was almost no different. He still had his markers either way.

"Kind of like your job, right Charon?" The redhead smile, giggling a little when the shadow incubus made a face.

"Whatever...how much longer?" Charon scowled as they started walking again.

"A half an hour, give or take a few," Was the simple answer. Leto turned left of the brook and looked at a marked tree...yeah, a half an hour.

ooOOooOOoo

"Garnet....s-she's gone too."

The girl scowled, trying to hold her little brother in one arm, and the gun gifted to her in the other. "You left...you left the unit...you left me, and Garnet, and Leader Harper, and Ash to die...coward," She muttered, holding Ash closer, glaring at the blond boy as the now group of five ran back into the thick vegetation.

The four year old looked up from his big sister's arms, blue eyes locking on the blond tracker for a second before returning to his sister as she angrily wiped the tears from her face. He patted the girl's face slightly with a little hand slightly. She rolled stormy gray eyes, but said nothing else.

After a few minutes of walking the eleven year old looked up at the two older kids and muttered, "Who are you two anyways..." She shifted Ash in her arms again, struggling to hold both the gun and the toddler.

Jewel glanced up at the the older girl with teary eyes. "I didn't mean to Topaz. I was scared just as everyone else. You can't blame me for that." He spoke, his head down as he finally stood straight to reach for Ash. "Hey there Ash. Come to me." He spoke with a smile, not wanting the toddler to be aware of all the drama surrounding him. Jewel just hoped that Topaz would give him the little boy.

Vensu glanced back to the one who was questioning them, smiling slightly. "Well my name is Vensu and he's the leader of my group...Ares. We....we're the ones that helped you all escaped. Well, at least Halo and Ares was." He spoke, voice loosing tone as he remembered the dark skinned male didn't make it from the facility. The tracker knew that Charon would have a breakdown when he was informed. This was a matter Vensu wasn't looking forward to. "Who are you all?" The blue haired angel returned.

A sniffle was given, Ares turning from the group as he wanted to be left alone for now. Although that was his thoughts and reasoning, the elder teammate couldn't let that happen. The taller male gripped onto the leader's hand with a shake of his head. "I know that you are upset but what good will that do. If you die, then Halo's death wouldn't be fulfilled. We have to make sure to revenge his death, ok?" The tracker spoke, beginning to pull the other along with him.