XxXxLost ChildrenxXxX

Teesie

Topaz shot her teammate a glare, holding her little brother tighter, "I wouldn't trust you with a goldfish, much less my little brother," She nearly snarled, white wings fluffing up defensively. She didn't trust the Tracker anymore...for some reason, that probably only made sense to her, she blamed him for Harper and Garnet's deaths. Ash, on the other hand, gave a tiny smile and wave towards Jewel, he had always liked him, he was like a big brother, just like how Topaz was his big sister. He didn't know why his sister was so mad...he was only four years old, so he didn't quite get what happened yet.

"Thanks...I guess...sorry about your friend," The girl mutter, "I'm Topaz, and this is my little brother, Ash..." She glanced off to the side, gripping the gun slightly tighter. She was on edge, and couldn't wait to put as much distance between the Facility and them as possible.

ooOOooOOoo

The three continued walking, the two former lab-rats trailing behind the odd demon. The minutes passed with only the sound of crunching twigs and their foot steps in the air. Charon occasionally glanced behind them, hoping to see Vensu or Ares and Halo, but also keeping an eye out for Chimeras or dogs. He kept Orchid in front of him, hoping that he could shield her encase of attack...Vensu would never forgive him if he let the Tracker's little sister die.

Leto paused suddenly, turning to his two companions, "Shh...do you hear that?" Surely enough there was distant crunching somewhere behind them. Charon and Orchid's eyes went wide, and the dark haired Navigator grabbed the redhead and the bird demon by the arms and pulled them into the shadows of a tree. He then willed the shadows to cover them...now the only way they's be found would be making to much noise, or a really good Tracker caught their sent.

Leto opened his mouth to ask a question, but Charon glared, and placed a hand over his fellow demon's mouth. "Thut up...do you want to be found?" The blue feathered demon just glared, and glanced away, wondering who...or what, was following them

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teesie

• cheshireArtist

Jewel glanced away, his heart broken as Topaz didn't let him take Ash I yk his arms. With a sniffle he sped up, his fast walking soon escalating to a dash. He wanted to be far way from everyone at the moment. He wouldn't ho back to that facility, nor will he be blamed about what happened in there. Jewel was the fastest tracker registered, although Vensu was the most skilled in his division of tracking. Once he noticed the blond haired boy dash ahead of them, he too began to run. The eldest wasn't planning on losing anyone else, whether they knew each other or not.

The west path was taken, Jewel dashing past Charon, Orchid and Leto, although about a mike away because it the other's stray from the road. Vensu wss on his trail, determined to catch the blonde haired boy. Moments passed before Ares sluggishly dragged by, staring Into the sky as if he was looking up to Halo. He wondered would the kind soul go to heaven. Halo was a hellbound creature. A hybrid. Would that automatically make him an abomination. Would he be placed in purgatory because of his sins. "I wish you all the best Halo. I love you." He whispered, tears soaking his cheeks once more. How would he live? How could he manage without the other. The dark skinned teen was the reason he loved...the reason he succeeded, and most of all...the reason he lived. Without him...his life was empty. It was like losing a half of himself. "I will always miss you." He spoke again, stopping in his tracks. "Always."

After a few minutes Charon slowly let up on the shadows covering them, and let go of his companions arm. Leto frowned slightly, stepping out from their hiding place...what ever it was it had gone past the three of them some distance away. "Ya know, it coulda been more guys like you two...ya want me ta go check?" The feathered demon suggested, thinking it might be best to get all the survivors together and bring them to town than leave everyone scattered.

Charon glanced over at him, giving his fellow demon a calculating look. This could result in them either finding their missing teammate or them getting caught...the dark haired Navigator's frown deepened.

"Please let him go, Charon, it could be Ares, Vensu and Halo...they could be in trouble," Orchid begged, looking up at the two of them, "Or an other escapee...we can't just leave them Charon."

The incubus gritted his teeth and sighed, nodding his slightly, "Juth...don't get caught or thomething...," He growled out.

Grinning, Leto climbed back into the tree almost soundlessly, and gave a thumbs up. "If I'm not back in fifteen minutes then ya knows something's up, 'kay?" He said hastily with a slight grin. Charon rolled his eyes and looked away, while Orchid smiled slightly and wished him safe.

ooOOooOOoo

Leto leaped through the trees almost soundlessly at an unnatural speed, keep an eye on the ground and his nose in the air so he could find the scent. Stopping on the thick branch of an oak the tiny demon tried to catch his breath...running a mile through thick tees was not very fun.

"I wish you all the best Halo. I love you...I will always miss you...always"

Leto blinked and looked down, see a much taller teen followed by little girl holding a toddler talking to himself. He blinked and and frowned, he felt bad for the guy...wait...wasn't Halo one of the names mentioned earlier by Orchid...damn...the feather teen knew what that meant.

"Hey...," He whispered from the tree, "You guys are gonna get caught if ya keep going this way."

Topaz snarled and jumped, quickly placing down her brother and pointing the gun at the trees, "Who the hell is there!"

Leto's eyes went wide and he put his hands up in a mock 'I surrender position'. "Hey, listen here, I mean ya no harm, 'kay kid?"

"Shut up an come out of the tree then!" The eleven year old shouted.

The bird demon's eyes widened slightly, and he jumped down from the tree, and whispered, "Be quiet, kid...do ya want to be found...listen here, I've come to bring ya ta where Charon and Orchid are, ya dig? Walking this close ta the path is for idiots...I'm gonna lead ya guys to town, all right?"

Vensu rushed behind the blond, pushing past a tree and leaped atop the boy that had suddenly stopped in his tracks. "What the hell is wrong with you blondie. Don't just run off like that!"

"Would you shut up." The smaller male said, pushing the bulkier tracker from his body. "There is a fucking chimera right....over...there." Jewel announced, his voice low as he pointed to the direction the monster was lurking.

Of course Vensu glanced up, eyes widening as he watched the creature tongue hanging from his lips. A roar was soon given; the once human turning to stare at both the trackers with a bloody leer. They were in trouble. Big trouble.

xXxxXxxxXxxxXxxXxxxXx

Ares stared to the feathered male before him, eyes narrowed as he held Halo's sword in his arms. "How the hell do you know Charon and Orchid? They better not be hurt or I'll slice you to pieces." The leader of the group said, glaring to the demon male with hatred.

The sound of a blood curling scream caught his attention, Ares glancing up to notice that Vensu and the blond wasn't in sight. That's right, Vensu had went to chase after the smaller male, hoping to catch him and bring him back to the group. "Fuck, that could be Vensu or...the other kid. We need to see what the hell is happening. With that...they'll attract more attention."

The green haired male rushed off, hoping to find the others before something terrible was to happen. Upon arrival, Ares turned his head quickly, not able to watch the sight before him. Jewel was being teared to shreds right before his eyes, and Vensu was trying his best to pull the small boy away from the creature; but even if the other succeeded, it would be too late.

"Vensu you have to leave him. Hurry come on." Hesitantly placing his hand upon the tracker's shoulder.

Vensu looked back, a grieving expression flashing across his face as he shook Ares off him. "I have to safe him Ares. I can't....just leave him."

"There is nothing you can do....look at him. Come on."

"No, no! Please...p-please....please don't leave me. Please." Jewel begged, hands clutching on to Vensu like a life line. His eyes pleading, as blood shot from his mouth and onto the ground below.

Closing his eyes, the eldest of the three shook his head, hands gripping at the blond's like a vice. "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry." Releasing the other that was soon dragged away by the vicious chimera. Jewel would no longer be with them.

Just as Leto was going to articulate a response to the kid rudely waving a sword in his face there was a scream that scared him right out of his wits. When the taller teen ran off to find the source of the scream Leto and the girl holding a gun took off after him, the bird demon jumping down from the tree to follow them more closely. Noticing the four year old that was left on the ground he quickly scooped the kid up, not the type of person to leave anyone behind, especially a kid. The kid looked up at him curiously but held onto the bird demon anyways.

He wasn't expecting what he saw, though. An other teen was holding onto a small boy, trying to save him from some...some monster!

"There is nothing you can do....look at him. Come on."

The one who was waving the sword around earlier said, making Leto growl...he could have stabbed that thing and saved the kid! Fuck, they were only a half hour away from the town either way! If they hurried they could get him medical help!

"No, no! Please...p-please....please don't leave me. Please."

Then they let go of the kid...Leto looked down at the eleven year old standing next to him, her eyes were wide with shock and unshed tears, her hands trembling. He made sure the four year old in his arms had his head down so he didn't have to see this. Leto, himself, stared at the two older kids in shock, his own yellow eye narrowed slightly, this was wrong...so wrong.

Topaz was in shock...Jewel was dead...she and Ash were all that was left of their unit. No...No...Jewel still had a chance, she gripped her gun tighter, and bolted after the Chimera and her Tracker. She didn't have to travel far to find it...it's twisted jaw ripping into Jewel's throat. It growled and looked over at her, and she clumsily aimed the gun. It was about to pounce, new prey found when she took a shot, and then an other, and an other; Topaz emptied every last round into the creature's skull, even continuing to shoot after it was dead on the ground just like Jewel.

Leto, who followed the girl quickly, watched mournfully as she tried to stop the bleeding of the all ready dead child. Shit...kids their age shouldn't be exposed to this kind of thing. "Hey...," He whispered, placing a hand gently on her shoulder, "I know it's difficult concept of accept...but...but he's dead...ya can't bring back the dead..."

---Flash back---

A child crawled out from the crawlspace his mother had hid him in, stumbling out in the open for the first time in hours since the screaming had stopped. "Ma!" The child called out, looking around with big yellow eyes, "Ma! Where are ya?" The house was quiet, and a mess, the feather child having to watch his step as he walked around since half the dishes were smashed, and the furniture toppled over.

The eight year old pressed on, wrapping baby blue, downy wings tighter around himself. In the center of the living room laid a woman, unmoving and still, her once bright blue feather stained an ugly, stick crimson. "M-ma?" The child squeaked out, moving closer to kneel by her, ignoring the glass shards digging into his knees. Using every last ounce of his strength he flipped the tiny woman over onto his back, only to reveal a charred, near unrecognizable face, and the smell of smoldering flesh, and holy water.

And Leto screamed...

---Flash Back End---

The tiny teen shuttered, and shook his head, trying to clear his head of those thoughts. The girls snarled at him, tears dripping down her cheeks, "Shut up! You don't know anything! He's not dead...," Her angry facade broke and sobs began to join those tears, "H-he can't be...he can't be gone..." Topaz looked down at Jewel, only meeting dead, lifeless eyes, and yet, she kept trying to wake him up...he can't be dead! She couldn't use anyone else! She couldn't!

"Shhh," Leto soothed, rubbing the girl's back with one hand, and rocking the toddler with the other, "He'll be back one day...ya might not know when, or where, or who, but he will be back, all right, and he'll have a better life."

Topaz looked up at him, blood stained hands shaking, and trembling, "Wh-what...what do you even mean," She whispered, tears still trailing down her face.

"Well...my Ma taught me that there's a cycle ta life called birth 'nd rebirth...'nd it's where when someone dies their soul gets put ina new baby, 'nd they have another life...your friend is gonna get a new life, and it's gonna be a happy one, I can tell," Leto explained softly to the grieving child; he didn't mean to get preachy about his own beliefs to her, but he knew that at least the idea was pretty comforting...it was one of he only ways he got over the deaths that happened in his own life. He looked over at the broken body of the little blond boy, and reached over, gently closing the boy's eyes so that it looked like he was sleeping.

Vensu snatched his hand away from Ares with a snarl. "I could have saved him damnit! Those kids has went through enough. He didn't.......he didn't even get a chance to see whats it like to live outside the facility. He didn't get a chance to experience love Ares....couldn't you have helped me instead of making me let him go. You made it seem as if I was willing to do so. THERE IS SOMETHING BETTER YOU COULD HAVE DONE WITH THAT STUPID POWER. GET AWAY FROM ME!"

It was true, Ares had managed to manipulate Vensu's mind to make him release the blond; but he had done it for the safety of others. It never occurred like that to the older male, but the leader wasn't afraid to sacrifice less lives for the amount of more. That was just how things worked. "I had to make you do it Vensu. With the kid's screaming, he was sure to attract more of those monsters. We don't know how far away this town is so....what will it help dragging around a bloody kid with no will to move on his own. I had to sacrifice him for us. We need to live...you, Orchid, me, Charon....it's a must. You have to learn to sacrifice people for others or you'll just all die."

A cackle released from Vensu's throat. One that was not of amusement, but was of grief and hatred. "I suupose you are right leader Ares, as you always know best. I guess that's the reason Halo died. His death wasn't a tragedy, it was a fucking celebration! He helped three other people that you don't give a damn about. And since you don't care for Ash, or Topaz.....then why the hell should they care about Halo's meaningless death, huh?"

The green haired teen stared at the other, his teeth gritted as he bawled his fist and struck the other across the face. "SHUT THE FUCK UP! HOW DARE YOU SPEAK OF HALO THAT WAY. MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED INSTEAD OF HIM. NEXT TIME YOU EVEN THINK OF BAD MOUTHING HIS NAME I SUGGEST YOU HAVE A BURIAL."

"I suppose I should," He spoke calmly, rubbing his hand across his cheek as he once again stood. "and to think I thought you were a better leader then before. You are worth nothing. All you cared about was your precious Halo. Well, you no longer have to look after me...nor Orchid. I'll be leaving. You're are the most selfish leader I have ever heard of. Good luck with your escape." Turning to head in the opposite direction. He needed to search for the red head girl so that they could leave. The tracker just hoped she was willing to.

Ares sighed, vision darting to the ground. "Halo....have I failed you? What am I suppose to do? I'm lost....I... Need you." Tears gathering in his eyes to stream down his cheek. This was disastrous.

Leto dug into the earth, Ash long since handed back to his grieving sister. After digging an inimitably shallow gave for the little blond, he untied his sweatshirt, a thin old one that he wore in the summer heat just encase he was out until nightfall, and wrapped it around him, hiding most of the damage. He retrieved a water bottle from his belt, sprinkling some of the content on his hand, and wiped away as much dirt, blood and grime from the body's face he could manage. He lifted him and placed him gently in the hole.

"Wh-what are you doing?" Topaz stuttered softly, clinging to her brother and the empty gun.

"It's called a burial, sweetie...it's one of the proper ways ta honor the dead," The demon whispered softly, wiping the tears from her eyes, "We're givin' the body back ta the earth so the soul can move on ta a new one."

Topaz nodded and looked down at Jewel, wiping her eyes. "You can say somethin' if you'd like," The feathered teen suggested.

The sooty haired girl sniffled and nodded, "I'm...I'm s-sorry Jewel," She sobbed, "'s not your fault...n-never was..." Leto rubbed her back and kissed her forehead before replacing the dirt on top of the small body of Jewel. Once Jewel was completely covered the demon searched around for large enough rock, and once he found one he took and old knife from his pocket, and scratched into the stone. He placed the stone at the head of the grave, it simply reading 'Jewel'.

"Common...we need ta keep movin'," The teen whispered, placing his hand on the girl's shoulder, leading them back to the other teens.

"We don't know how far away this town is so....what will it help dragging around a bloody kid with no will to move on his own."

"Actually...the town's 'bout a half an hour away...kid coulda lived," Leto said coldly, glaring at Ares darkly, "If ya ever gonna be a leader like the other referees ta ya as, ya need to value the life of othas."

The leader of the group he is in never left a life behind unless there was no other option. She was a hell of a leader, and under her leadership they only lost two kids, and that was when they were first starting out. She made sure everyone was fed, and had food and water, made sure everyone was warm on the cold nights, helped care for everyone when they got sick...this Ares kid wasn't even close if he thought that sacrifice was necessary.

He watched Vensu begin to walk off on his own and called after him, "Hey, wait...I was leadin' ya friends ta town...it might best if ya guys follow me there...it's easy ta get lost in these woods!" He hoped both of the stubborn teens would hear him out, "No matta how much ya two hate eachotha at the moment, it might be best we all get ta town 'nd then ya could part ways afta a rest." Topaz said nothing, too deep in her grief to really pay attention. All of the escapees looked tired, hungry and dirty to Leto, and none of them seem to be thinking very clearly.

ooOOooOOoo

Charon leaned again a tree, arms around Orchid, ready to hide them at any moment. Leto had been gone for a good fifteen minutes, either meaning their guide ran into trouble, or he was caught up trying to convince someone to come with him. Either way, the teen was getting antsy.

Orchid glance into the trees every few minutes nervously, hoping that Leto would come back soon. Suddenly there was the snapping of twigs not far off, making them tense. Stepping out of the bushes was chimera...and it was too late to use Charon's shadow powers...the thing had spotted them.

The beast growled and lunged, and the two attempted to run. The shadow incubus pushed the half-angel a head of him, and the chimera jumped on his back, knocking the Navigator over. Charon screamed in fear and pain as teeth dug and ripped into his shoulder, and claws shredded his back.

Orchid was paralyzed with fear, watching the the terrifying beast began to tear apart someone she loved. It was going to kill him! She...she had to find a way to save him! She just couldn't let Charon die! She trembled, looking around for something, anything, she could use to get it off of him. Not far away there was a large rock, quickly, she ran over to pick it up. She lifted the rock with adrenaline induced strength, and jumped on the chimera, knocking it off the demon. She lifted the rock quickly, and smashed it into the creatures's skull, and even when it ceased moving the tiny red head kept bashing, fear and hysteria taking over her system, and tears streaming down her face.

Charon laid barely conscious through the pain, back torn open, looking like minced meat, and he shoulder no better. He coughed, red eyes hazy with pain, watching as blood flew from his mouth, staining the ground below.

Arish glanced to the feathered being and glared back. "How the hell was I suppose to know? Do not blame me all for this shit...I don't wanna hear it. Look....you all just shut the fuck up and leave me alone. Doesn't matter what you say now that you didn't help so I guess it's all our fault. " Shifting his body so that Halo's sword was hanging upon his right shoulder, blue eyes never straying from Leto. "I don't like you." The leader said bluntly, his eyes narrowing more. "I know what's best for my team. I don't need you or anyone else judging me."

"Hey, wait...I was leadin' ya friends ta town...it might best if ya guys follow me there...it's easy ta get lost in these woods!"[/Quote]

Vensu sighed, guessing that he should listen to what the mysterious male was talking about. It didn't matter to him that the other could have been lying. The occurring situations was no better than being force to stay in the facility, so what was it that he cared.

As he turned to walk back in the group, a scream caught his attention. He surely knew that voice no matter the octave. It was Charon. That meant him and his sister was in trouble. With a sprint, Vensu dashed away from Leto and the others to follow the corrupting.

After a good five minutes, the tracker was standing before the two, his darkly colored orbs darting to Orchid, who was sitting atop a chimera, smashing a stone into its skull over and over. The eldest teen rushed to wrap her in his arms, glad that she was ok. Within seconds he pushed the girl away, a little rougher than he meant to as his brain began to function once more.

"Charon...where is he?" Glancing around briefly as his eyes soon focused on a lifeless body hidden amongst the grass. With quick steps, he kneeled to check the navigator's pulse, the panic draining from his body as he felt the weak thump of the artery!

"Orchid, you have to heal him or....he'll die. Just something to help him a little longer. A town is about half an hour away and he won't make it if he's this weak, but you have to hurry. I know there are many more chimeras out here.

xXxxXxxxXxxxXxxXxxxXx

Area rushed behind Vensu, making it in time enough to hear the boy speaking to orchid. This was a disaster. Even Charon had gotten hurt by the monsters. With a deadly glare he turned to Leto and snarled. "You just left them here defenseless with no fucking help? How the hell can you do that? Now looked what happened! Everyone will be dead before we make it to your stupid town!" The leader shouted, gripping his hair with his free hand.

"Now isn't the time to argue damnit. Plus, Charon won't die....we have Orchid remember? She's a trained healer. She hasn't just been sitting back and twiddling her thumbs. She's gotten good at this. Come on Orchid. You need to hurry." He announced once again.

"I don't like you."

Leto snarled at him and replied with a sarcastic, "You know, I came out here ta help ya all, but, honestly, I feel so attacked right now." By that he meant, 'shut the fuck up, idiot, I don't fucking like you either.' The bird demon also rolled his eyes at the other claiming he knew 'what was best for his team'...clearly.

Lucky for Ares, unlucky for everyone else, there was a scream in the distance that he vaguely recognized, so that stopped him from unloading anymore sass upon the hybrid's ass. The feathered teen rushed after Vensu, Topaz hot on his heels keeping a tight grip on Ash. When they finally arrived at the scene Leto felt sick...there Charon laid, seriously injured, and Orchid was beating one of those creatures that killed Jewel in the head with a rock.

"Orchid, you have to heal him or....he'll die. Just something to help him a little longer. A town is about half an hour away and he won't make it if he's this weak, but you have to hurry. I know there are many more chimeras out here."

Leto had to bite his tongue from commenting how much pressure he was putting on a thirteen year old, who was probably in shock, but he refrained since this was not the time for the demon's sarcastic, biting, comments.

Orchid was trembling, looking at Charon with wide, hazel eyes, trembling slightly. She couldn't find her focus...she couldn't! She couldn't help! She couldn't! She couldn't! She couldn't heal without focus!

Topaz, who had regained some of her sense, couldn't watch this...someone was going to die and the healer was in shock...what was with these older kids and putting people in danger and under pressure? Placing Ash in Leto's arms, since he was, by far, the only person she trusted here right now, and walked over to the trembling girl, and did something she had only seem Garnet do to Leader Harper...she slapped the red head and said, "Get yourself together and help your team!" It was something she heard often, since Leader Harper had quite a few moments of shutting down in a high stress situation, and Garnet said sometimes a good slap was the only thing that snapped her out of it. She figured that might work on the healer girl too.

Orchid stared at the girl in shock for a moment, rubbing her stinging cheek with a bloody hand, and slowly nodded, her senses coming back to her. Her focus, needed as a healer, coming back to her. "Th-thanks...," She whispered, staring at the sooty haired girl for another moment before running over to Charon's side.

"You just left them here defenseless with no fucking help? How the hell can you do that? Now looked what happened! Everyone will be dead before we make it to your stupid town!"

Leto snarled back and growled out, "Fuck you man, get off your fuckin' high ass horse! You're no leada, so stop actin' like ya can reprehend me, bossy twit! How was I suppose ta fuckin' know!?" He glared back, not intimidated in the slightest by the other. He would get no where in life being intimidated by assholes all the time, so why start now? Leto was pretty sure he could hold his own against this asshole.

Orchid tried her best to ignore everyone one as she tried to heal Charon's torn up back. It hurt a lot due to the share of pain she had with her patient at the moment, and she wasn't sure how much more she could take...she needed to stop the bleeding, she just needed to stop that and he would be stable enough to get to town. Meanwhile, Leto dug in his pockets, searching for something. After a few seconds he found what he was looking for, thankful that everyone in his group was forced to bring at least one roll of bandages.

The dark haired demon walked over and knelt by Orchid, waiting until she took a small break to hand her the bandages, "Ya don't look like you can keep this up much longa...you're only a kid...you shouldn't have ta do this...," He muttered in a whisper, he had a soft spot for the younger kids, and hated to see them under such pressure from everyone else...it was no fair, this was the type of thing an older kid should handle, instead of forcing a thirteen year old to do it...then again, he was never at the labs like them, and never had to dead with things like this...all their healers had always been older kids in his group. Children did have to work, but only the amount they were capable of at that age, and no one learned healing magic until they were fifteen at least...too much strain on the body any younger.

The red head nodded warily in thanks to take the bandages, and muttered simply, "I...It's my job...I want to help my team..." She used the bandages to wrap up Charon's back and shoulder the best could.

"...I know ya guys grew up in that place back there...but it was a law that children below fifteen weren't allowed ta lean healin' magic fora reason...," Leto replied, clearly concerned about the whole situation, handing back Ash to Topaz as she came to stand by him, holding her baby brother a little tighter...he was supposed to be a healer.

Orchid looked at him curiously, never hearing of that before...and sighed...she had been learning since she was six, so there was not turning back now. "Vensu...can you carry him?" She asked tiredly, standing up...she knew Charon would hate to have Ares of all people carry him, so she hoped Vensu would.

At the sounding of a smack Vensu glanced back to Orchid. The girl was standing there stunned, as if she didn't know how to move. As if she didn't know her healing powers; albeit since then it seemed that Topaz had struck here. Of course this action got under the tracker's skin, for he wanted no one to hurt his red head; despite that fact, Orchid thanked the sooty haired girl and proceeded toward him to help Charon.

Vensu stood after seeing the elven year old come forth. Regardless of the struggles, he was to make sure Charon was ok. He couldn't just let the boy die after so much had already happen. Yes it would inflict pain upon the small girl, but it wasn't as if she'd actually die. There was no injury on her, the least that could happen was if she was to faint from excessing too much pain.

Soon Leto approached Orchid, who looked quite exhausted and offered her a bandage, in which she took kindly. It seemed as if Charon would be ok, that was a relief. With a sigh, Vensu averted his attention to the ground. All should move along if a fight was what they wanted to avoid. Staying any longer could resort in more danger such as Charon and possible Jewel.

"Vensu...can you carry him?"

The tracker nodded, quickly but sturdily lifting the smaller male over his shoulder. "Come, I don't think staying any longer would be helpful for neither of us." Once again beginning on the path to the village, although walking slowly since he didn't know the safest direction. The dark eyes teen was waiting for Leto to lead, that way he wouldn't get into more danger.

Ares glared heatedly at the feathered demon, shaking his head. "If I knew there was people like you in the village, then I'd much rather be stuck back at the facility with my team. If only I'd know what I was getting myself into." The green haired teen sneered, pushing past the demonic bird, before following after Vensu.

--What more is ahead of us Halo? I lost you for this. A world that I know nothing about. I wish you were here to explore it with me...to adventure by my side. Maybe I wouldn't be so lost. So pessimistic... So....selfish. Ares remembered when he was once excited about their plans to escape the facility. To explore the world, but now that it had finally happened, at the cost of a friend's life, he wasn't sure if he wanted it anymore.

"Maybe being trapped in the facility were the best days of my life."

"If I knew there was people like you in the village, then I'd much rather be stuck back at the facility with my team. If only I'd know what I was getting myself into."

Leto rolled his eyes and flipped the taller teen the bird, no pun intended, and walked up to the front of group to lead them to town. The sooner they got there, the sooner the bird demon could cool down and get back into a nicer mood, and they group of escapees could get some rest and hopefully some of them could become less of jerks. Topaz walked up to his side, looking a bit tired. The feathered teen looked down on her and smiled a little, "I can take the little one, if ya want, you look like ya gonna drop," He asked softly, looking down at her.

Topaz looked nervously at her little brother, then at the bird demon...Leto had been the only one nice to them this far, and he was just trying to help. She handed Ash to him silently, and nodded in thanks...she was actually pretty tired...she couldn't wait to get to town.

Orchid walked beside Vensu, occasionally glancing up at Charon who was thrown over the eldest boy's shoulder. She bit her lip...she felt like the demon's injuries was her fault...he did push her out of the way. After a few minutes she glanced back at Ares...something was defiantly wrong with him, he was talking nonsense! She'd rather have freedom then go back to the Facility. It then occurred to her that Halo was no where to be seen. Her hazel eyes widened slightly...no, their Fighter couldn't be...could he?

"Brother...," She whispered, looking up at him, hoping Ares wouldn't hear since he seemed like he was in a bad enough mood, "...Where's Halo?"

Vensu glanced to Orchid with a small frown. That was right, the girl was unaware of the situation; albeit the tracker knew that rsd head must have had a clue by now. With a sad smile Vensu opened his mouth to speak. "I think it's best if we speak of this later. That's a tragic matter, and I'm pretty sure that you already know of the current matter. Its true Orchid.....he didn't make it." Voice dropping a few octaves as he shook his head. As a team they had failed to protect a person dearest to them; their fighter. That was shameful.

Ares glares at the ground before him, taking the necessary steps, as well as pace, to stay in eye range of the group. It would be an understatement if one said the fresh haired leader wasn't motivated anymore. An understatement to even predict the other wanted to die. This had happened because of him. It was all his fault. Maybe if he hadn't cried below to the others, Halo would have lived. Maybe if he was more swift, then the life of his best friend wouldn't have been lost.

"Please forgive me Halo. If I can take all of this back I would. I miss you so much; you have no idea. Life is going to be hard without you. I just wished this was different. If only I had protected you for once. If only I had only worried for you....but....but you can't blame me for not being selfish could you Halo. Please don't....maybe....maybe I should have been selfish for just this one.....just this once..."

Vensu rolled his eyes at Ares but continued to step after Leto. What the leader was saying aloud was utterly sad, but...he was being silly. True Halo had given his life, but...wouldn't the demonic fighter be glad they made it away from the facility? The tracker knew he would have, therefore he would enjoy every bit of it.

Orchid sighed sadly, holding back tears herself, which was a hard feat between their Leader's rambling and the information that one of her brothers was dead. She couldn't cry now...she was sick of being the cry baby, the fragile child, of the group...she didn't want to be a healer anymore...healers couldn't fight, they couldn't stop the injuries before they happened...no, they could only sit back and watch their friends and family get hurt and pray that they hold on long enough for them to get there and heal them. With steeling resolve filling her normally gentle soul the red head silently swore that she would learn how to fight...she would protect her friends, and stop people from getting hurt, or dying. She would not let another person become like Halo, she would not let another person become like Charon...she would protect them and her Family would never be hurt again.

ooOOoo Time Skip- A half an Hour Later ooOOoo

After about a half an hour of the ragtag group following behind Leto the forest began to thin out some, and some of the trees began to look burnt, and dead. The town was abandoned for a reason...on Judgement Day the residents resisted, and for that most of the town was burnt down. Brick skeletons of building stood, and hollow shells of wooden ones on swayed slightly in the breeze, their flimsy frame creaking and releasing smoky scraps in the air. Sidewalks sat cracked, and blood stained the once bustling pavement, and the roads were near undriveable, which was always an advantage to Leto's group, which normally traveled by foot, and it meant that no cars or Official vehicles could sneak up on them. The little town's name was long forgotten, so the group dubbed it Carthage, mostly because one of the older kids at the time, he was now an adult, was a bit of a history buff with a thing for Romans and Mediterranean sea in particular. From what Leto what told Carthage was an ancient city over run by the Romans back in the day, and it was not pretty. Much like the Officials and this town they ended up burning the city to the ground, and kill or capturing a lot of the residents, so the namer of the town drew that correlation, and recommended it to their Leader. It ended up sticking. Leto wasn't one much for history, so he only really knew the bare bones.

The blue feathered demon lead the group into the ruined town, "Welcome Carthage, guys."

Topaz looked around, feeling a bit...disappointed? She was expecting a town like the ones in book, and stories...this town was dead, long dead with the smell of it's forced funeral pyre still heavy in the air. Where would they even be staying? Most of the building were charred! She was startled out of her thoughts when her brother was pressed back into her arms, "I'll be right back, ya guys hang back a second, gotta talk things ova with the boss," The small teen called out, loud enough for them all to hear.

With that the demon walked to the most intact building and knocked on the heavy door, caked on ash falling off as he did. He did two short knocks, and three long ones, and the door opened. The woman who stepped out was a little shocking to say the least, and kind of intimidating. She was tall, with dark red skin, and solid black eyes. Her hair was as dark, maybe darker than Charon's and cut very short, her horns were tall, and bull-like and a shiny, almost glossy black, and her face covered in scars that were a tell tale sign of a Holy Water burn. She was dressed pretty simply, like Leto, and a twin devil's tails swished behind her.

"Leto...I thought I sent you to scout the area for Hunters and Officials," The woman said evenly.

"Er...I kinda ran into some trouble, boss....there's little kids, and one of the older ones is hurt, so I brought them back here," The much smaller demon muttered a bit awkwardly.

The demonic woman walked past the bird demon, and the closer she got to the group the more her startling height got apparent, making Topaz and Orchid shift back some. She seemed well over six feet tall, maybe approaching seven. She actually approached Vensu, assuming he was Leader of the little group since he was carrying the injured, and the two little girls had moved closer to him.

"I am Lucia, Leader of my group, and I will offer you and your group sanctuary for as long as you do not cause trouble in Carthage," Lucia said politely, introducing herself, though she narrowed her dark eyes slightly, "Or attract unnecessary attention." With that she turned and walked back to the building, and began calling orders as she walked into the door to the unseen survivors inside. She would give the new comers a chance...for now, but one step against her group and she would kick them out faster than an immortal's healing ability.

Leto sighed and gestured for the group to come forward and follow them inside. Lucia was never much of a people person, but she was a diligent and dedicated Leader, so it was a flaw they could accept.

Orchid was actually the first to start walking over towards Leto and the old building, followed by Topaz and her little brother. If she was going to get strong Orchid had to stop being a coward, and start taking risks.

Vensu was halted at the threshold of the village, taking orders from Leto. Ares, being the farthest behind was unaware of what was happening, therefore he was unable to see the interaction between the leader of Carthage and the tracker of his group. On the other hand, the dark eyed male gave a nod, quickly stepping after Lucia even though he was unsure of where the woman was going. After a moment he stopped in his tracks, briefly scanning the village with admiration. Sure this wasn't the kind of luxury he was hoping for, but it felt anew to be free. To have freedom, and to never have to listen to a bark of order again, well besides what Lucia gave; although it would be of no harm.

Green hair swaying as Ares lifted his vision, a small smile surfaced as he once again steered his blue orbs to the ground. "I am unsure of where I am Halo, but...I'm free. If only you were here in person with me...but I'll always bring you along with me." Clutching the sword tighter to his chest. The village before him is where he would reside for the time being. His dreams of finding the ghost area, the Neutral Zone, was still on his agenda. A promise that he and Halo had made. It would not be failed, regardless of the hardship.

"Please can someone help Charon. I don't think he'd last for too much longer." He said, kneeling to set the body of the demon's on the dusty floor beneath. "Just hang in there Charon. You'll have help...I promise." Vensu spoke, leaning down to place his forehead upon the other's with a frown. Why did escaping have to take so much away from them. Especially the ones that people loved. The blue haired teen could only imagine how Topaz felt at this moment, Ash being too young. The small kid knew nothing, but that was also a good thing. Such a cute kid shouldn't be effected by such tragedy.

The use-to-be leader shifted the sword over his shoulder before stepping to Leto with a frown. "So where the hell will we be sleeping? I surely expected things to look much better than this crap. Maybe a place with the boiling water that's in some way like that of a pool...or basin. Maybe flowing water of fire. Or water with salt...all those things I read. Hmph." Turning away from the other. Of course he made it seem as if he was unsatisfied, but he was quite the opposite.

"Please can someone help Charon. I don't think he'd last for too much longer."

Lucia glanced over at Vensu and then down at Charon and nodded, "Marcus, Augusta! We have injured!" She called out. An older man, probably in his mid twenties hurried down the ancient, dusty stairs, followed by a younger girl, probably around nineteen or twenty. Both looked startlingly human at first, but the man seemed to have some Fallen blood in him, and the girl had small horns, showing her demon lineage.

Marcus leaned down and heaved the lanky boy up, being careful of Charon's wounds, and carefully held the demonic teen in his arms. Augusta turned to Vensu and quickly said, "We're taking him up stairs, we have set up something like a medical bay up there, and we'll take care of him, don' you worry." The half-demon girl had a kind smile, and had taken the Tracker's hands in a comforting fashion as she spoke, but had let them go as soon as she was done.

"You may follow if you wish," Marcus said calmly, before turning to start up the stairs with his partner, the unconscious Charon still in his arms.

Orchid watch the team of Healers begin to bring Charon upstairs, and almost went after them, wanting to help. Though, she was stopped by Leto, "Kiddo, you should let them handle this, ya need to rest," Yellow eyes then fell on Topaz and Ash, both of which looked like the could fall asleep right then and there, "You guys too...you all see that room over there?" The pointed to an open room that used to be a living room not too far away, a small fire visible in the fire place, and a few other children playing within, "You three can go sleep in there afta you all get somethin' ta eat, okay?"

Orchid nodded reluctantly, as did Topaz. They both wanted to help, but even they had admit they were exhausted. They walked to the used to be living room, a little surprised to see mattresses, pillows and blankets scattering the floor, so much unlike the books they used to read. A sweet young woman greeted them and offered them a new change of clothes, since all three of the young kid's clothes were muddy and torn. Orchid accepted, changing into an old, yet admittedly cleaner, night gown, which felt odd since back at the Facility they were all given the standard shirt and pants; dresses were not very practical. Topaz looked a bit uncomfortable in here new night gown too, though, out of the three of them Ash seem the most thrilled with his new change of clothes, mostly since he seem to enjoy the faded train pattern on footies he was changed into.

The young woman ushered them over to an empty mattress, gesturing for the three to sit, and brought them some of the soup that was boiling over the fire, and fussing over the 'Poor Dears' as she taken to calling them. This made Topaz and even Orchid blush something fierce, though Ash seemed to take the attention in stride.

"So where the hell will we be sleeping? I surely expected things to look much better than this crap. Maybe a place with the boiling water that's in some way like that of a pool...or basin. Maybe flowing water of fire. Or water with salt...all those things I read. Hmph."

Leto rolled his eyes at the hybrid's comment, and said with a lick of anger, "You're a bit late for that, Judgement Day destroyed it all, everythin' that wasn't Realm Official approved was wiped out. Sorry if ya were expectin' a nirvana, but this will be the best ya gettin'" To the demon's opinion Ares need to get his head out of his ass before he fucks things up for his own group. In addition to that, Ares was really beginning to piss him off on so many levels.

Ares glanced up to the feathered demon, giving a smirk as he dropped Halo's sword to the floor to slowly stride to Leto. "You know, what's the fuck to give at a time like this? Judgement day destroyed everything I suppose, so what's the actual use of coming to live in something better. Hmph, well at least you wasn't destroyed. That was one good thing from the destruction I suppose." Taking another slow step toward the yellow eyed creature, seeming to stalk the other like a prey. "Everything will go in my favor for once. Can you at least promise that?" Lifting his hands to place upon a wall behind Leto, managing to trap the other between said object and his body.

"How about you just relax." Leaning forward to take the demon's lips. Ares had found a way to relieve himself whenever he was overly stressed. Pleasure was the source of all healing. It was medicine for the brain as well as the body. It made all his worries go away, even if it was for a second. Plus, with such an addiction, it couldn't be worse than any of the other bodily chemicals that hurt ones body. Green hair flowing in the direction of the wind, Ares managed to take the demonic being's lips hostage, biting at the bottom to draw a moan. He hoped Leto went along with his plan even though it was quite surprising as well as unprofessional and absurd.

xXxxXxxxXxxxXxxXxxxXx

Vensu stared at Marcus, and once again glanced to the girl who seemed a little older than he. With not wanting to leave Charon alone, the tracker gave a nod to accept the offer of following them. With the shadow demon being unconscious, there was no telling where his state of mine would be when he woke up. Not wanting any trouble, or to help in such a situation, Vensu wouldn't allow the other to be taken away without him.

"Yeah, I'll follow you. I am more than worried about him. I just hope he's ok. I am NOT willing to lose another loved member of my group." The angel consoled, giving a nod for the other two to go ahead. With a sigh, the tracker follows behind them.

Darkly colored orbs watching after Topaz and Orchid as the two sauntered off to another building, of course the sooty haired girl still holding Ash, Vensu gave a small smile before giving a wave. The three looked exhausted and needed sleep. He just hoped they enjoyed their stay.

The kiss was sudden, unexpected, and completely uncalled for, but Leto couldn't help the small groan that escaped his throat with the nip on his lip. It actually took him a few seconds to collect himself enough to push Ares off of him and, growling slightly, drew back him hand and slapped the other across the mouth. Leto's cheeks were stained a bright pink, yellow eyes huge. This stranger that had done nothing but piss him off had kissed him, and not only that, he had stolen Leto's first kiss! His first kiss was supposed to be given to special! Not this jerk!

"What the fuck is wrong with ya!?" The much shorter demon nearly shrieked, face still stained a pink.

ooOOooOOoo

"Yeah, I'll follow you. I am more than worried about him. I just hope he's ok. I am NOT willing to lose another loved member of my group."

Augusta nodded and smiled a little at him, "You are a good friend then, your friends must be lucky to have you."

The two healers entered a room upstairs that had a makeshift medical table with supplies, and a few mattresses for the patients to lay. It wasn't fancy, but it was the bed they had. Marcus layed Charon down on a mattress, making sure the younger male was laying on his stomach. Carefully, the two healers removed the remains of the boy's shredded shirt from his body, and, using a pair of scissors, Marcus cut the bandages from the demon's body, revealing the wound.

Marcus winced, the Navigator's back still looked a bit like minced meat despite the minor healing Orchid had given him, and it was clear that the boy's shoulder might not be usable, thus making the entire arm useless. "Augusta, I need you to get the slav, and the potion we use for dog bites, as well as the supplies for stitches. Do we have any of the potion left that helps with muscle repair?"

"Yes sir...I will check," The half-demon replied curtly, going to the supplies.

"Also, bring me some water and a cloth, we need to clean the wounds!" Marcus added quickly, running a scanning spell over the wounds to asses the damage, wincing; dark red was not a good sign.

Ares frowned a bit, backing away from the other due to the sudden slap. He had thought that Leto was relishing in the kiss, hence the moan he had given. Guess pleasure could conquer the mind at some points.

A sigh was released, the green haired teen glaring to the feathered demon and spoke. "There is nothing wrong with me. I should be asking you that question. Besides, since I'm tired of seeing your face, tell me where the fuck to go. I need rest just as well as my companions." Crossing his arms over his chest to face away from the hate filled eyes that he just knew would be glaring to him.

"This shouldn't take all day." He commented once again, taking the chance to glance at Leto now; not like the ex leader would care if the other was leering at him or not. The dark haired demon wasn't Halo, therefore the look would mean nothing.

xXxxXxxxXxxxXxxXxxxXx

Vensu just nodded to the other's slight compliment, staring to his limp friend with concern. If Charon had passed he wouldn't know how he'd react. Having lost two members just from an escape would be tragic. There was no idea how Topaz felt at the moment, having only her and her brother survive.

"Sad." The tracker whispered to himself, watching intensely as the man began to heal his comrade. With a glance upwards, darkly colored eyes caught the slight change of expression on the healer's face. It didn't seem like that of a good one.

"Is there something wrong? Please tell me that he is just fine. I want to know what is going on. He'll be ok, right?" Fear filling his voice as his dark colored orbs darted back to the injured demonic being. "Please be ok Charon. You have to be strong and get through this." Vensu sluggishly guiding his hand to place amongst the navigator's cheek.

"The fuckin' livin' room, ya jerk," The demon growled, glaring darkly at Ares, and pointing after where he sent Topaz, Ash, and Orchid off to earlier. And with that the feathered teen stomped away, needing a chance too cool down. Pfft, that guy was a piece of work all right...a fucking piece of work. Ares was a dick, and Leto decided that he'd be happy if he never saw the hybrid's face again. When he finally made it to his 'room', aka a closet he claimed as his a while back, when they first came to Carthage. The full demon stripped himself of his dirtied clothing, and threw them in a corner. The demon was naked, but for bird demons it wasn't was embarrassing, so he didn't mind. The lack of clothing revealed that from the waist down he was covered in feathers, mostly a soft baby blue, but the area around his privets was a muted red.

Cracking his back and giving a soft yawn Leto layed down on an old bunch of blankets, and rested his head on a dirty pillow; he was exhausted. Snuggling deeper into his pile the young demon wrapped his wings around himself. He touched his lips slightly and sighed, a few tears coming to his eyes...he wanted his first kiss to be special...and not with some random jerk like Ares.

ooOOooOOooOOoo

"Calm down," Marcus said genitally, "The damage is bad, yes...but he'll live...we're just not sure if he'll be able to use his arm, the shoulder is severally damaged." Yeah, the half-fallen healer was never one to lie.

"Sir," Augusta said softly, coming back with the requested supplies...no muscle repair potion. Marcus swore internally...but began treatment none the less. He washed out the wounds, noting, with some relief, the groan that was roused from the young demon. Good, he wasn't in a coma, that would have been bad. He rubbed the slav on the wounds to Charon's back, Augusta following his movement with a repair spell. Following that he turned his attention to the damned bite. He dumped the contents of the potion used for dog bites on the would, making the dark haired boy whimper again, and did his best to repair the muscle damage with a repair spell, but he couldn't heal everything.

After healing as much as he could he stitched the bite on Charon's shoulder closed, and Augusta rubbed the slav on the now stitched wound. He carefully brought the seemly half conscious boy to a sitting position, and his half demon partner wrapped the Charon's chest and shoulder in bandages. Marcus fashioned a sling and carefully slid the arm belonging to the damaged shoulder in it.

Sluggishly Charon's world came into focus, red eyes hazy, and thought process slow. "Wha...where am I...," The Navigator slurred, unfocused eyes locking on his teammate's, "...Ven...Venthu...? Wha 'appened?"

Ares gave a glare to Leto as he simply walked away from him. Damn that demonic being. Well, if that was the way the dark haired teen would be then the ex-leader supposed the smaller male wouldn't mind a sleeping buddy tonight.

The green haired male followed behind the other stealthily, sneaking inside the room after he was sure that the bird demon was settled in bed. Leto shouldn't mind to much with him crashing here; it wasn't like he'd rape the other, albeit that sounded like a good scenario.

Once inside, the hybrid gave a smile and sat beside the smaller teen, back propped against the wall. Sleeping here would be better than following that woman into a room littered with other unknown people. The one occupying the room with him was all he could trust at the moment, no matter how much the yellow eyed demon hated him.

The night drifted by, the winds getting chilled as Ares thoughts drifted to his lost friend. Halo wouldn't be forgotten; not by the ex leader anyways. Time would pass, but the dark skinned teen would always stay in his heart.

xXxxXxxxXxxxXxxXxxxXx

Vensu watched as the assistant returned with the supplies that was needed, albeit the one he was searching for most wasn't in the bunch. That was bull shit and Vensu couldn't say that it didn't piss him off. Why did everything terrible had to happen at the moment? If Charon was damaged too badly he would be useless when the time to escape came. Of course Vensu would help as much as he could, but death was always something no one could avoid forever.

After moment of healing the injuried male, the tracker having fell asleep, he a woke to his name being called. A weak smile spread across his lips, the dark eyes scanning the face of his comrade. "Welcome back Charon. We managed to escape with you alive. I..sort of forgot the name of the town...I think its uh....Carthage or something...err..I'm too sleepy to remember." He voiced, smiling to the navigator. At least the teen was alive. That was all that mattered.

Leto jumped slightly when the taller male sat down in the demon's domain, and blushed darkly, wrapping his wings tighter around himself. Did the other even realize that he was naked? Then again, it was find of hard to notice with all the feathers.

Though...he didn't sense any ill intent and was rather tired himself. Perhaps he was just lazy, but whatever. He dug in his pile of old blanket, and after digging out one, he tossed it at Ares. He wasn't that bad of a person, he wouldn't let someone, no matter how much of an asshole, freeze. After that he snuggled into his nest of sorts and tried to sleep.

ooOOooOOooOOoo

Charon blinked tiredly, and nodded weakly. He then attempted to get up and walk to his friend, but the pain held him back. He whimpered, and Marcus sighed, helping the boy to his feet and over to Vensu. The dark haired demon gripped weakly at the Tracker's shirt with his good hand and basically curled up against him. He was more than a bit out of it, and he was scared, despite the fact they were supposedly 'safe'.

The healer sighed and said, "You two can sleep here for tonight...we'll be back in the morning to check on...," He didn't know Charon's name so he just settled for, "The patient." And with that Augusta and Marcus left the room.

"Just call us if something happens!" The half demon called over her shoulder.

Ares glanced to the other, willing to give a thanks even though Leto wasn't his most of favorite people. "Thank you. I thought you were sleep." The ex leader voiced, snuggling himself in the covers and against the wall. The area was a bit cold, but he'd deal with it. Once he was wrapped in the comforters, without shedding any clothing; he'd be just fine.

The blue orbs closed, the green hair being covered by the blanket, Ares sighed in content. It felt relieving to be out of the eye of prying scientist. Out of danger and into freedom. The ex leader was just upset he couldn't share said factor with his friend. That would have been most enjoyable. With how Leto acted, the hybrid could tell that Halo would have liked him; albeit the two might have bumped heads.

"Love you Halo." He whispered, letting slumber take over him in a matter of seconds, missing all of what the demonic being had to speak, if spoken.

xXxxXxxxXxxxXxxXxxxXx

Vensu glanced over to the healers before giving a nod. Well, it seemed like he and Charon would be sharing a room together. Heaving the navigator into his arms; once again lying the small body into the bed, the tracker joined, reaching and placing a pillow between their bodies.

"Uh, to make this less awkward." The older teen announced, explaining his actions as he gave a nervous laughter. "Alright, well...goodnight Charon. Sweet dreams." Turning in his back to fall asleep. From exhaustion, the dark eyed male was asleep in a matter of seconds.

• 3 weeks later...

Leto just grunted, and snuggled up to sleep himself. He almost was asleep if it wasn't for the hybrid intruding on his privacy. He wasn't a dick, unlike some people, so he wouldn't go kicking the other out or let him go to sleep cold. He wrapped his own wings tighter around himself, and nuzzled himself into his makeshift nest.

He, personally, wasn't Ares biggest fan, but he'd rather the other bother him, than bother Lucia or something. Kid wouldn't last one second with his attitude talking to Lucia. He listened to the bigger male mutter to himself, and wondered who this 'Halo' was. Probably someone Ares lost...Leto felt kind of bad about that. It hurt loosing someone close to you...he knew from experience. He secretly hoped Ares would move on, it doesn't do that well to dwell on the past too much, and he was sure this Halo kid wouldn't want his friend to be so depressed.

ooOOooOOooOOoo

Charon just muttered something understandable in response, and reached over the pillow between them with a shaky hand. Fingers wrapped around around the older male's wrist weakly. The navigator want physical contact, and didn't like this stupid pillow thing, but he wouldn't move the plush barrier completely. Even in his pain addled mind he knew that was rather rude. He maybe a snappy, coldish person, but he still wanted to be close to Vensu.

Closing ruby red eyes the younger began to drift off into a sleep. He was glad that they made it out of the Facility...he was glad they were alive...though he couldn't help but wonder where Halo was. Maybe he was with Ares.

• 2 weeks later...

✽A Year Later✽

Ares darted from the woods, the smoke from the bomb dispersing over that area as he basically dragged the smaller body behind him. The mission wouldn't be in vain; it wasn't something that the green haired teen would allow. With a quick stop, blue orbs scrutinized the area, the male in charge took a deep breath before dashing in a direction that he knew would take longer albeit possibly lose those chasing behind them. Living a distance from the facility, in Ares' opinion, was something of a good matter. That way he was able to save someone whenever he was in the mood to do so; which was everyday; despite that fact, it mostly was based off his items and preparation. Today he had gathered enough to save someone; currently the one being dragged by him.

A shooting was heard, boots sliding across the mud covered ground as Ares avoided crashing*against a wall, in which he quickly rolled from; the child in his arms. Mere seconds later the bullet pierced the stone, ricocheting from the surface and into the soft grounds beneath.

With a glance back, Ares scuffled to his feet before snatching the child from the ground and apologizing softyly before disappearing around the corner and from the enemies eyes. This was it...he and the kid had a distance to go, but he was definitely safe.

With a smile, body surging with adrenaline, the ex leader sighed and slowed his running. Danger was officially avoided. Gone.

XxxXxxxXxxxxXxxxxXxxxXxxXxX

The green haired teen sighed and plopped onto the ground of the village, glancing over to Vensu who stared to yet another kid introduced in the village. Darkly colored orbs darted to Ares a glare set in place. There was nothing he could say at the moment for the kid was still present; but their ex leader would surely get caught one day; or more dangerously...someone would follow him to the location of the village; which was their only safe spot at the moment

"I suppose I should call for Leto." Smoking softly to the kid before disappearing to get the demonic being attentions. After explaining the situation, Vensu escaped to his room for the moment. He needed to prepare the kids some clothing.

Leto groaned when he caught wind of another one of Ares' escapades. Why people thought he was responsible for the idiot's action's and should be informed every time the hybrid dragged another spooked kid here was beyond him. Sure, the two of them had gotten a bit closer, but the demon really wasn't too sure of what to call their relationship. Sometimes it was romantic, sometimes it was friendly, and other times they were at each other's throats...it was a real mystery to Leto sometimes.

He looked down at the new kid Ares brought back and tried to smile, despite his current mood. "What's your name, kid?" He asked the newcomer, trying to be nice.

Behind him Topaz, and Ash watched cautiously, well, at least Topaz. She always was a bit more paranoid than most, and wasn't really that quick to trust anyone. Orchid stood next to her, holding Ash's hand, looking over the newcomer with equal amounts of suspicion. The little redhead may have picked up some habits from her friend.

ooOOooOOooOOoo

Charon sighed, and leaned against the wall near Vensu's door, limp arm in a sling under his shirt, which gave him the somewhat appearance of not having an arm there at all. He scowled, their ex-leader was going to get caught one day...he was sure if Halo was here he'd be telling Ares that too. He winced slightly thinking of their long dead Fighter...is was still a sore spot with their entire team. When he was told of the fate of the white haired hybrid Charon did not take it very well...not very well at all.

He sighed again and asked out, directing the question to Vensu as the other looked for clothes for the newcomer, "When do you think Areth is gonna thtop...I want to thave these kidth as much ath he doeth...but he'th bein' too rithky."