-That One Line- [Pandas vs. Frogs]

FatPanda

This is an experiment

between

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
and
Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

We will only post one (well thought out) sentence each

and write in the first person observer point of view.

Panda will play a 14 year old boy named Theodore

and Frog, a 5 year old girl named Avery.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The plot will follow a homosexual couple where both men each have a child.

At the start of the story one man has lost his memories due to an accident

and throughout the story the other tries to help him regain his memories.

At the same time, their children (Theodore and Avery) will learn to be a family.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've always thought that couples had to be between a man and a woman but today my dad brought back his boyfriend: Logan, the man - yes, man - who was moving in because he'd lost his memory in a recent accident.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FatPanda

• sirFroggerzz

I tried to stifle the hics of my sobbing with Papa’s already tear-stained t-shirt as he awkwardly tried to carry me through the door of this strange house that was to be our new home.

Dad walked the chestnut-haired man and his assumed pink-haired daughter in, settling them on the leather couch of our humble living room carefully as if the pair were extremely fragile and touching them would upset the universe.

This Papa of mine that I didn't feel like I knew was behaving strangely, neither having helped me to take off my shoes nor having scolded me about leaving them on indoors like he usually did; but instead, he watched dumbfounded as Dmitri settled some tea cups on the table with a light clang.

I smiled and sat down next to Dad as he introduced everyone, "Theo, this is Logan and Avery who'll be staying with us from now on and, this here is my son Theodore."

Snapping out of his daze, Papa hoisted me off his lap to stand and extend his hand to the black haired boy, stuttering— he never used to stutter— out a response, "Oh, n— nice to meet you, Theo— dore."

Shaking Logan's hand, I watched Dad's pained face constrict like the gesture was something abnormal when he announced, "we've got the spare room cleaned out for Avery; I'll move your stuff upstairs while you get acquainted with Theo."

Dmitri circled around to where I was sitting, leaned over, and offered a forced smile along with his widespread arms to which I acknowledged with my embrace, understanding that it wasn’t my place to stay.

With Dad and Avery gone, Logan started to speak slowly and carefully - cautious - like he was unsure what I would think, "you know... your dad and I have been going out for a year and a half now but I don't remember any of it; please bear with me if I ask you about him."

When we were finally out of sight of the living room, Dmitri rushed up the stairs without the promised luggage, and barged through the door to a freshly painted pink room where he half placed, half dropped me to the floor.

As I nodded my understanding while he and I drank our tea and water respectively, there was an awkward silence before Logan continued in his slow, cautious speech, "I imagine with a great man such as Dmitri for a father, all your relatives must have high expectations for your future."

Being left in the doorway, I watched as Dmitri slumped onto the twin-sized bed, head in hands, and broke down into an unsightly violent fit that alternated between muffled sobs and gagging noises, “How— hic— could he leave me— hic hic— to deal with this a— hic— alone, forgetting everything like that?”

"Woah there, you must have some kind of misconception after you had that accident of yours; he's no 'great man', just a regular dad," I corrected with raised brows on a shocked face and my hands up, palm open, to show I harboured no deception.

• 2 weeks later...

Feeling the influence of the mood and subtly understanding the situation, I scampered over to give the crying man a hug and with tears in my own eyes, I attempted to comfort him the only way I knew how to: “Papa says... Papa says that that that princesses look prettier when they’re smiling~ so you should always smi~le.”

"He's great to me," Logan replied with gaze cast down, lips curved up, eyes close slightly: a sad but grateful look for the appreciation of all the things Dad did for him even though he no longer told Dad the words "I love you".

Dmitri buried his face into my small shoulders and wrapped his arms around me but my remark seemed to have caused him to start to sob even more, probably because he had remembered the person that Papa used to be: a bold, direct man who wore his feelings on his face and voiced his opinions without reserve.

Watching the grown up cry tugged at my heartstrings and I let loose the tears in my eyes, wailing at the top of my tiny lungs.

We jumped out of our seats at the sudden noise and Logan ran up the stairs toward the wailing cry, worried something had happened to Avery; with a loud bang, he rushed into the door frame of his daughter's new room.

My sudden outburst had the startled Dmitri lifting his head just as Papa barged into the room, revealing his tear-stained face along with bloodshot almond-coloured eyes.

I ran after Logan to the noise and made it to the room, in time to see him taking the pair into an embrace I didn't understand the need for; they looked like a family then, without a need for me.

Even as Papa’s embrace covered me and Dmitri, it didn’t put a stop to my sudden overwhelming desire to cry because I too missed who Papa used to be; instead I continued to wail at the top of my lungs, “I want my Teddy, TEDDDDDDDDYYYY~ CHAAAAAN~”

I was starting to feel sorry for myself when Avery's crying threw everyone into chaos: Logan frantically carrying and patting her back in soothing actions, Dad hurriedly searching the entire room for the luggage that contained the bear, and me shocked at the loud noise but nonetheless more observant than my father to find the bear beside the door where I stood.

Papa and Dmitri bumped into each other in their flustered attempt at finding my teddy bear unaware that I had waddled over to the black haired boy by the door and spread out my arms to be picked up, “Teddy, I want Teddy.”

I begrudgingly stared at the demanding little girl with her outstretched arms, cursing that we were all being played around her little fingers, but nonetheless I picked up the fluffy object and passed her the bear she wanted.