(Private) The Dragon Teacher (Pokewriter1 and I)

Void Prince

609eaa117291cd6abbcca8295d0935d7.jpg

Christian Mayer is considered kinda sorta handsome among a number of his peers with his tall, lean physic, his honey colored hair and big brown eyes. He is no mister universe but is not by any means unattractive. As an eighteen year old senior in high school he gets average B and C grades but he could do much better if he attended classes regularly rather than taking random days off of school. Usually when he skips school he drives to the lake no matter what time of year to relax for an hour or two before heading home. Occasionally he has taken class time with his friends to hang out at one of their houses, usually just to sit around and watch T.V. but on rare occasions someone is able to get a hold of a six pack or two and they share a drink.

When Chris does attend class, usually he is a bit of a bother, talking at inappropriate times, listening to music, refusing to take notes and occasionally he will crack an inappropriate joke. He doesn't quite understand the need to go to school or the need to get good grades as his future plans are to take a tech trades class at the local community collage and just be a mechanic like his father.

Christian walked through the halls to his second period class, It was the first day of a new semester, he had four new classes and two teachers whom he had never met before. His second period was one of them. It was Monday, usually he would skip school with his friends on Monday but half of them wanted to start fresh this semester, seeing as their grades were not the best after the last semester. The other half of his friends decided they at least had to show up day one. Attendance seemed to be contagious that day as he himself had shown up and was making his way through the thick crowd of people.

Chris had reached his destination, room 206 on the second floor of the school. He stepped inside the classroom and made a straight line to an empty window seat in time for the bell to ring. A girl sitting in front of him named Ashley turned around and smiled, "Glad to see I'll be sharing a class with you for once." Chris had laughed, smiling back to the girl and said "We had chem together last semester, you just never came to class when I did."

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pokewriter1

• Void Prince

Top Posters In This Topic

11c48a352777a420f1cd79505d03ca271234056328_full.jpg

Shortly after they all walked in a man walked in. His hair and eyes were both unusual colors that you did not see that often. Both were a bright silver color which made him stand out mostly anywhere he went. On top of that, they were the natural colors he was born with. By no means was it like the gray you saw in the older people but fresh silver that actually seemed bright instead of dull. His name was also unusual. Mr. Dahaka was what he was supposed to be called. Most people had trouble of course, this name was not one that someone easily said correctly. He was also very built. He came to school in white suits that showed the rippling muscles that lay under, which was a surprise for how skinny he seemed to be. And he didn't seem to be the type of man to have those muscles...or the scars that they could sometimes see under the shirt as well.

He was a mystery teacher and no one could ever tell what he was thinking. He kept mostly to himself but he would help students if they happened to need the help. He by no means though, had a happy personality. A cold shell blocked him off from the world almost, like he wanted nothing to do with it. It was almost a wonder how he of all people became a teacher. His subject was mythology, as well as out of the ordinary creatures that you didn't see all that often. The students had came to note that the topic of learning about 'dragons' was the only thing that made him joyful, but they had no idea why.

As he came walking into the classroom he looked over them all for a moment. "Silence please." He said calmly as he looked at them all, his eyes remaining cold to them all. He carefully put on glasses as he began to grab some materials. "I will be your professor for your mythology and other creatures class. This class will be part of your art credits, and for that reason you were placed in here to gain that last credit. My name is Let Dahaka, but I prefer since most of you could never pronounce this, just call me Mr. D. If you wish to try and say my last name go for it." He then cleared his throat. "I hope this will be a good semester, and try to engage in what the class is doing." He gave a very small smile to them all.

Christian looked away from the girl he was speaking to as his eyes set on the man at the front of the room. He was a bit taken aback by the male's appearance. Never had he ever seen such hair before, even on an elderly person the lively silver would never fit. After the shocking hair color was his muscles drawing the rooms attention. The man had to work out as it was impossible to be as beefy as him and not do so. His suit, which naturally broadened a man's shoulders, only added to his appearance. He was not by any means what Chris was expecting for an art teacher, and with a look around the room, seeing the body language of the others, it seemed as though he was not the only one thinking this.

Christian continued his observations of the teacher, his cold expressions and rather stiff demeanor thus far made him an almost scary figure. The small smile he gave seemed as awkward on his face as his more consistent cold expression. 'That's how he got the job' he thought to himself, 'scaring the administration into giving it to him...' Chris snickered to himself quietly as he imagined what could possibly have been running through their minds as they agreed to hire Mr. Dahaka. The administration was a rather optimistic bunch, perhaps they were hoping such a teacher could straighten kids out a bit, get them to do their work.

He sat back in his chair and folded his arms across his chest, an amused smile played on his lips as he proceeded to listen to the teacher, observing the class room around him. This was a class where they learned about imaginary creatures, perhaps he should come to this class at least once in a while, who knows, maybe learning about rainbow unicorn shit from this guy would be entertaining, at least more so then MTV realities shows with his buddies. His eyes then landed on the materials Mr. Dahaka held in his hands, Chris frowned quickly losing amusement, this didn't seem to be the class he signed up for, watching Disney movies should be the only thing they concern themselves with.

Let carefully scanned them before he began to walk around and hand out the materials. "These books will be used in a month or two for the biggest unit. Until then bring a notebook an pencil or pen to class to use." He stated calmly as he passed everything out and then moved back to his desk. "For today..." He paused as he looked at what he had planned ready for the day. "First introductions....I want to be sure I can figure out your names as soon as possible..." He din't seem to like talking, in fact it actually seemed to rather annoy him to have to talk so much. He sighed a little bit. "First though I will allow you all to ask questions to me about anything you want to know about me." He looked at them all calmly. "If there are no questions then I'll choose someone to start with their introductions."

Let himself seemed annoyed with the concept of introducing everyone. If it was his choice he would go right into something fun and something that could catch their attention...but he was not allowed to. "Oh, an as for tomorrow we will be doing an activity, that I believe will be enjoyable. It'll start with two class periods spent watching Clash of the Titans and then we will proceed to the activity. I just wanted to throw that in there so I don't forget before the bell rings." He then cleared his throat. "Anyways, any questions or anyone wanting to begin?" He asked again then.

The teacher handed out the materials and announced what they will be doing for the next few days. Clash of the Titans, defiantly not a Disney movie or something he has ever heard of for starters. A lame documentary none the less and would likely be on the boring creatures in Greek mythology. Chris didn't look at the items he was handed, rather he pushed them off to the side of his desk ignoring them as Mr. D had just granted permission to ask any question about himself.

The students looked among each other briefly, wondering whose hand was going to go up first before a few students decided they may as well ask a question themselves. Kate, a pretty girl in the front row was first to give a question "Mr. D." she started with a smile "What got you into teaching? And when did you first learn you wanted to be a teacher?" A few others had simple questions they asked, 'Do you have any pets? How old are you? Do you have a wife? Any children?'

Chris was tired of all these boring questions everyone was asking, looks like his job was to make things interesting before this class turned into nap time. "Mr. D" he said to get his attention "At what age did you lose your virginity?" He smiled, curious how this mysterious teacher would respond. His question has received a curious look from one or two students and a chuckle from a few others. Most students didn't react as they suspected at least one person would use this opportunity to ask a stupid question like that.

Let calmly answered the questions when they came to him. "Teaching was truthfully on a whim at first, I didn't even think I would be good at it." He then began to respond at the other questions. "No. 22. No. No." He responded quite easily to those questions...but he was certainly not prepared for the last one. He carefully looked at Chris as he seemed to try an figure out how to even begin to respond to something like that. He then sighed a little bit, and rubbed his head some. He honestly did not want to answer a question like that...more so because he actually didn't have an answer to that. He looked back at Chris then calmly. "Frankly...I don't want to respond to that question." And that is for the reason that I actually haven't... He thought to himself and leaned back.

He didn't have anyone special in his life, and he hadn't for a long time. Not since the incident when he was younger happened. If Jegan hadn't done something so....stupid then maybe he would. But he didn't know where the man went for that matter. That was truthfully why he was in teaching...maybe some day he would hear someone talking about Jegan. He could only hope for that. And that came back to not having an answer to that question. He lived alone and without many people around him, not really a people person to begin with anyways. And for a teacher he wasn't going to downright admit something like his virginity to his students or anything of that nature. It wasn't in his job description to admit that kind of thing anyways. And he was sure if the staff found out he wouldn't be in such a good place. They would probably think he forcefully told them or something of that nature. And it wasn't an appropriate question either.

Christian was slightly disappointed that the teacher had not given a more entertaining response as he had kept his composure quite well. Even answering the question in one way or another would have been entertaining enough. He didn't even seem at all angered by the question, perhaps messing with this teacher would be even more challenging then he previously thought. His smile had remained on his face. That was fine, he could use a challenge, perhaps it would prove to be of some entertainment, at least for Chris anyways. He contemplated asking if such a thing as losing his virginity even happened but he decided to drop it for now, there was no reason in pursuing the topic any further as it was unimportant to begin with. "Too bad..." he said to himself before turning his attention to the window momentarily uninterested.

Chris recalled the first time he had lost his virginity. It was the summer before his freshman year in high school. He had been dating a girl for two years prior to it, it was long assumed they had already did the deed as she had been rumored to be promiscuous. It was actually the first time for both of them. Chris was a stupid kid and decided to brag about their sex life with his friends. Rumors grew and spread faster than the common cold and his long time girlfriend broke up with him immediately. He really never learned from that incident as he still got together with his friends and explain in detail the who what when and where.

The questions seemed to have ended after Chis had asked his. A few students were trying to think up more things to ask, likely in order to stall the class from moving onto introductions too quickly and the teacher deciding there was enough time to start actual class work. Rarely did a teacher assign something on the first day but it was not unheard of. To their avail there was nothing worth questioning the teacher any further on

Let decided that was enough questions anyways. He honestly did not feel like answering any more. "We'll move onto introductions. State your name, and anything interesting that you want to tell the class, at least one thing." He leaned back against the white board behind him as he looked over the students. "Now, who would like to start? And if none of you offer I will pick someone to start." He knew this class was really going to be nothing but trouble for him an they would likely not have that many kids passing by the end of the semester from how they acted. It wouldn't be his fault to say the very least, they had a choice to learn and pay attention in his class. If they decided not to, it wasn't his problem nor his fault. That was also exactly what he told the parents that bothered him about the grades of their children. After all his work wasn't all that hard to say the very least. If you listened and paid attention, did the assignments, you would pass.

But that wouldn't happen he figured. Just seeing some of these kids told him some days he might not have a class at all. At least the kids had friends, and were not sitting alone. That was what he figured was best about this situation. After all...for him it was the opposite. He had walked that road before, and he still was. And that was also why he understood and knew that they were being kids at least. Even if it annoyed him to know they were going to suffer in life later on when they actually needed the education they were getting to get jobs. But he guessed that this class would be the last thing they would worry about in the first place...

Kate loved to be the first in everything she gave her little smile and said "I wouldn't mind starting." Those beside her seemed less than pleased by her offer at it would naturally follow they would be next in line for the introductions. Things were very different from elementary school were little kids would fight over being first to do little things. People still looked forward to being first in the lunch line or first to head home but that was it, it all other cases, a little before last was the spot to fight for.

"My name is Kate Harper, and..." She paused for a moment as she looked for something interesting to say about herself. She likely was narrowing down from a long list of interesting things to share, unlike others who would be scrambling to find just one thing they wouldn't mind announcing to everyone. She neatly folded her hands on the desk before saying "and I am one of the captains on the cheerleading team." her friend, who sat directly beside her had spoken her name and a boring fact. This trend continued on to the next row until the back corner of the room was reached and the other side of the room was now being given it's attention. Two people proceeded with the introductions followed by Ashley, then his turn.

Chris really wasn't all that interested in saying his name and giving a piece of information just like he was in the military. He found this silly routine cumbersome and he wouldn't be willing to entertain the idea unless he would be getting paid for it. "Go ahead and refer to me however you like, I'll pass." he said, resting his head in his hand and his elbow on the desk. they guy behind him seemed rather confused as if he should continue with the introductions or not.

Let nodded as the people carefully named whatever they wanted to, he was glad someone had happened to start instead of being silent the whole time. Then he looked at Chris when he spoke and he sighed softly at him. He is going to be my biggest problem isn't he? He thought before he nodded to the person behind Chris to continue...he wouldn't bother. If Chris was setting himself up to fail, he wasn't going to stop him, and he was still slightly annoyed that Chris had asked him such a question earlier. That boy clearly doesn't understand what he is doing to his own life...but I guess some kids find happiness like that... He carefully glanced at his watch, noting the time...class would be over soon anyways. He wouldn't waist the time that was left arguing with Chris, after all only three more were left to introduce themselves and then they could go.

I wonder how many of them will show up tomorrow? He wondered about that for a moment before turning himself back to the class and what they were saying and telling him. He was actually keeping mental notes about the responses, trying to think of who he could trust to be a good student and who he couldn't trust to be a good student. Maybe I should speak to some of them after class. No, they'll probably just leave anyways... He sighed inwardly at the thought. After listening to the last people he motioned that they could leave, just as the bell rang. He watched them all, before turning away with a soft sigh as he looked at the book in his hands....this was his free period, he honestly had nothing better to do than read.His lesson plans were already done anyways...and he shouldn't let his thoughts run wild.

He was almost surprised that the teacher just brushed him off. This was either really good for Chris as it seemed to be an early sign he can blow off this class as he feels without hassle, or bad seeing as the teacher could blow off the little work he dose do, meaning he wont be able to just slide into the passing zone as usual. He really didn't know what to make of this teacher yet or how he feels about the class. Often when people found a class that they don't like, they can change it within the first week. Chris considered this idea but there was one obstacle in his way from dropping this class and picking up pottery 101, that being his grades and attendance. Chris didn't exactly have a good reputation, so it's not like the guidance councilor would be so quick to help him out. This occurred to him as a possible predicament but of course, non of it was certain, and his optimistic side suggested that this class would be just like all the others, just with a less likable teacher.

Chris thought about his next two classes, Mrs. Coolidge and Mr. Mueller, he had them both in the previous years and was just as familiar with them as they were with him, that being, enough to know he wont show up to class and they wont make a huge fuss over it a second time. He had considered heading home, maybe browse the internet a bit looking at cars. He was probably going to still do that, but he might as well take a minute to bug this teacher. In his opinion, it's a good idea to figure out what makes them tick early on, allowing him to use that information either to get in or out of trouble as needed.

The last guy gave his introduction, followed by a dismissal from the teacher up front and a ringing of bells. Chris stood from the desk and slung his grey backpack over his shoulder. The students huddled together close, all trying to squeeze out he single classroom door at once. Chris had made his way up to the teacher, the ends of his lips pulled up in a bit of a smile "You know D," he started "You should learn how to answer questions, especially as a teacher, It can hurt a guy's feeling if you single them out like that."

Let looked at him, and bluntly said. "Sometimes there are things students do not need to know about their teachers." He leaned back and set the book down behind him. "Seeing from how you've already acted and talked to me, I already can tell you could care less that you are in this class. It's not my grade that will suffer if you do not do your work or pay attention. If you want to act like you do then I won't stop you, I won't feel sorry about the grade you end up getting either for that matter." He responded calmly. "It won't end up being my fault either way." He sighed softly. "Not willing to put in the effort, and I'm not willing to let you pass my class. It's pretty much as simple as that." He leaned against the white board as he looked at Chris.

"On the topic of the question you asked me, that wasn't something I would answer either way. I could have ignored you or I could have said straight out I wasn't going to answer that. I choose the second method because I am serious." He then turned around. "Now if you don't mind you need to get to class and I need to use this planning hour." He said, not really willing to talk about this right now. It was actually strange...since Let's hair stood up on end and Chris was up close, he could see a long thin scar that ran around the back of Let's neck. The silver-haired man seemed to bluntly ignore the fact it was showing, but there was evidence that he had tried to hide the marking, and failed to do so.