Wild Wild West - Expressions of Interest

SqueezeBabe

Before you go any further, read the rules:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Plot - I had an idea for a wild west type setting - think cowboys and indians. So as long as it's about the wild west, anyone and anything goes (within reason)

I don't work in terms of "uke" and "seme" - I work with "pitcher" and "catcher" and I can write both.

If you're interested please write a short story about your character below, and don't be afraid to ask any questions.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SqueezeBabe

• InkompleteWish

• ravenwyck

• Impulse

7g5Yw.jpg

John's middle lengthed brown hair swayed in the light breeze, the steady clip clop of his horse's feet making him relax in his saddle. It had been a year since his master died, leaving him to fend for his own. The young man had been a storeaway in a ship and thus made him a slave after arriving in this land. He had been from germany, his parents had send him away after a war. He did not even remember their faces but that didn't hinder him from the truth he was about to face. John was a slave and needed to act like one. The first years hadn't been easy and he had a tough time to blend in. Yet a kind man bought him out of a slave farm. John was still a slave and thus he was handled even by the man. Physically but also sexually. He and his master established a bond that shouldn't be created, yet the both agreed to do it. It wasn't like the relationship of lovers but rather as friends with benefits. John was a slave that was paid by pleasure at that moment.

Yet the years went by and his master decided to go on a journey to escape the plain life he had been living. And as his slave John was to follow. He often made jokes that he was his masters pet dog, not able to live by himself and constantly following the older male. The key of this journey was to help people in need and fight against criminals along the way. His master had always been fascinated with the trends and thus he was rather interested to be a 'Cowboy'. Someone who apparently did good and traveled along the land in search for an adventure. During one of these his master died due to a gun wound. It was hard to let him go but in the end John continued his travels alone. He did not have a purpose but he was enjoying to explore the lands. Though he did not consider his relationship with the older male as slavery, he was a slave in names up to this point. Without a master he was a normal 27 year old guy. He was free and John wanted to explore the world in his new found freedom. Yet he always kept the dog collar his master bought for him (because of the joke). It seemed like he was still tied to the past. What he hoped to find in this journey? Maybe a death like his masters, protecting the village people, or maybe the thrill of an adventure. But deep inside John longed to find a place to stay. Find a place to die in peace and the knowledge that he was needed. Not seen as a slave or a foreigner but as himself.

I'll give it a shot. Now are you looking specifically for cowboys or Indian characters at this point?

I had a derpy idea that I was going to be an Indian maybe...

But if we all wanted to be cowboys and have make believe Indians then that's fine with me... but I dunno, I think having both will give the RP a lot more options... after all, if we're all cowboys then I can only assume we're outlaws vs law

or something...

*flails*

Well.....i would like to be a cowboy (goody-two-shoes kind of guy) and help people in need and thus....not always agreeing with the law. But i would like to have a few indians too, that would make the rp a bit more interesting i guess. And gives us more ideas for the later rp (at least i got a few).

Well, I still want to be an Indian....

Raven made noises about wanting to join, but I can't remember how to spell her full name from my tablet....

Anyone else interested in joining in?

if you're still interested, I'll get you to write up your character "story" for perusal. ^.^

Sorry, sorry... I'm trying to write one up but I've been getting so many double shifts lately that I'm just exhausted. I'll try to get one up on Sunday.

Now, just to show that I'm not above the rest of you, I shall attach my little story bit too - think of it as a backstory to my character I guess...

He came to slowly, the blindfold over his eyes obscuring his vision. He tried to swallow, but the gag around his mouth made it difficult and he began to cough. The gag was pulled roughly down over his chin, allowing him to swallow, his mouth working to alleviate the dryness, and he became aware of the hard muscular body behind him. He realised he was on a horse, the sound of hooves against the ground, the smell of sweaty man and horse, and the gentle swaying motion of moving slowly across the terrain.

He had been kidnapped.

A rough, heavy voice spoke softly into his ear, sending shivers down his spine, "I found out too late that you were a boy, but I have a use for your girlish looks. I can still use you like a girl, and you will obey me unless you want to die. Do I make myself clear?"

Lalawethika nodded his head. It was all a case of mistaken identity. He knew that his face made him look like a girl, and thus his brothers and sisters and taken delight in dressing him in girls clothes. It seemed that his village had been raided in the night, and in the dark, dressed in the soft leathers of his sisters clothes, he'd been mistaken for, and kidnapped as a result. He swallowed a few times, the fear rising in his chest. By all means he should be dead, the shame of such a mistake would be too much for most warriors, so why was this one different? He thanked the Spirits for being alive, but cursed them for his predicament. Who knew what the future would hold from this point on...

ah, Raven is working on her bit....

are you still playing?

all yours if you're still interested.

I have uni today so I will be "afk" all day - updating RP's on the train using forumrunner.

Sorry Squee, but I'm going to have to pass. I'm getting hit with so many double shifts that I'm barely able to muster up the energy for the current rps I have. *sighs* Perhaps next time.

I'm still up for it, but since you're afk today anyways, I'm going to take a bit more time to perfect my character story, if that's okay with you.

, I'm sorry to hear it, but I definitely understand. I hope your schedule eases up on you soon.

, I am still working on mine. Please, take the time you need. Also, hello there. *smiles*

Hello! *grins back*

SqueezeBabe invited me here after we met on General Chat. I have a quite extensive Native American background, so I really do want to do this right, which is why I'm spending some extra time on it. I might even upload a sketch colored in photoshop for my character, if possible!~

Thank you for not rushing me ^u^; I appreciate it...I will get it done as soon as I possibly can though.

Hi new ones......

I already postet my char, thank godness, so i am happy to wait for you two. :3

Yeah....kinda passive here since i am currently searching for a new job but don't worry. I still want to roleplay. :D

So it's totally fine with me if you take youre time to create a charachter.

oh, something to consider because I keep forgetting to talk to people about it...

I'm looking for a light-hearted thing, so try not to be too serious/heavy about it...

I'm aiming for a typical style western; all guns and girls (boys). Not to say that there won't be serious elements, but steering away from typical style angst.

Haha, took me forever but I finally got this up! It's not as descriptive on his backstory as I'd like, but it gives you a general idea of his character and emotions. The finer details, if this post meets expectations, will be described in the RP~ :3

Ahanu gently manipulated the pine straw he was holding into a basket form as he sat down outside a nearby Tipi. His dark chocolate eyes scanned over the rest of the village, watching the small children scurry about barefoot. A small smile graced his lips as he watched the girls create their own dolls, the boys seeing who could throw their pine cones the farthest. Ahanu had many fond memories of both childhood habits, for he had been born with both a feminine and masculine spirit residing within him. Ahanu did appear very feminine...He had the typical darkened skin and long dark hair of his people, but the way his eyes curved at the bottom and the way his cheekbones laid had 'female' written all over him. His lips were even quite a bit fuller than the average male. His eyelashes were longer...and yet his appearance was perhaps the least feminine thing about him. This was considered a great gift by the rest of his own clan, though at times he still felt guilty for it. His braided hair fell from his shoulder onto his back as he turned his head to observe his father's Tipi.

Though Ahanu still fought as a warrior, he also had domestic duties to fulfill...even being the Chief's son, he could not devote himself entirely to protecting his people. This particularly bothered him because of the white men coming to demand they leave their homes. They were trying to take things that could not possibly be owned. The land, trees, earth, and sky could never be the property of man. To disperse these thoughts he closed his eyes, his nimble fingers slowing their movements on the basket as memories flooded his mind in bursts of all 6 senses.

He heard his mother's sweet voice singing to him when the full moon was high. He so desired to hear that song again, she had perished from illness shortly after his twentieth birthday, four years ago. As he again drifted to unnecessary thoughts, he began to remember the flowers that he and the local children would use to make wreaths when he was little. He had loved wearing them, and it had made him feel beautiful to have the flowers in his hair. He remembered the feel of his father's hands on his shoulders as he taught him to shoot his first bow. He had such sharp eyes, and he put them to good use when he went hunting now. He had been blessed to have a family and tribe that loved him and appreciated his gift, even if at times, he himself did not. He gently got to his bare feet, since he had never particularly liked wearing moccasins, and set his basket down in his Tipi, replacing it with his bow in hand. He walked over to the hunting group for the day, having been told by his father that he was a part of it and then walked to his horse, mounting it and riding into the fields with the rest of his brethren, waiting for the next time the white men came.

Right, so, I apologize for taking so long, really. I just got a new phone and I have been very distracted setting it up. Also, I'm going to maybe sort of apologize for the length. Anyway I hope it at least sort of gives you an idea of my character and that there are not too many grammatical errors. I don't have the heart to proofread it one last time just now and I have already held us up long enough.

Some years ago...

Jeb had been at The Lady's Lot for a week when he'd first heard rumors of a McGillicudy in the territory. he rarely remembered the names of towns, remembering them instead by the names of the brothels they housed. He'd been gambling with a ranch hand, who was deep in his cups. The Madame, theoretically once a proper English 'lady' (thus explaining the name), had demanded his attentions for the night and sat at Jebediah's side as he won much more than he lost from the drunken man and the others at the table. He'd only been half paying attention to the babbling ranch hand's conversation, distracted by the warm, sturdy body nuzzled against him, until he heard a name that reminded him of his loyalty to the McGee brothers and his duty as a Marshal.

As the account went, A man identifying himself as Ben McGillicuddy had crossed his bosses property heading south, just a few days before. The Lady's Lot was a small enough place that any stranger drew attention. The McGIllicuddy scum had apparently had a girl with him and no one had been convinced she was with the man exactly willingly, but it had just been some indian, so no one had bothered to get involved. Jebediah stiffened as he listened to news of the encounter. His anger grew as he realized no one had lifted a hand to help the poor girl.

Ben was both an outlaw and a McGillicuddy. While being a McGillicuddy alone was enough to make Jeb want to hunt the man down, the fact that he was an outlaw gave him legal justification. Jeb had a copy of the bounties of every McGillicuddy who'd ever come afoul of the law. There weren't many who hadn't. To a man, the McGillicuddy family were corrupt and deplorable, made of all the worst parts of humanity. Knowing the despicable man had an innocent girl in his clutches was enough to cause Jeb's blood to burn and his left hand to twitch.

It had been three years since Jeb had first taken on the McGee's blood feud with the McGillicuddy clan. It would be more truthful to say the McGillicuddy's had forced it upon him with their wretched deeds and violent nature. He'd joined the Marshal's after that fateful gunfight and become an honorary member of the McGee family. It had been the first time Jeb had really belonged anywhere in a long time. And until now, he'd never looked back. The death of his father had drawn him away from his 'brothers' and their duty to the territories, but he was due to rejoin them in two weeks time. Hopefully, this side track wouldn't make him too late, but it couldn't be avoided, regardless.

After spending his evening with first the ranch hand, Frank, and then the Madame, 'Aunty' (which, admittedly, had been a little awkward at first) Anne, Jebediah left with Frank early the next morning. After their long talk, Frank had offered to show him where he'd seen the man and girl. Jeb picked up the trail from there easily enough. He traveled alone faster than the two bit bandit managed with a captive in tow.

By his third day the signs of passage were fresh enough that Jeb knew he'd catch up some time the next day. As he made a fire-less camp, Jeb refused to consider what 'activities' might be slowing the two down. Ben had done something similar before. In Sweet Sally's Saloon, he'd snatched some girl from her own bed. He'd used the girl poorly and by the time the posse had found her, she was never herself again. Pulling his Colt from its holster, Jeb's callused fingers traced across the delicately carved and painted image of the Virgin Mary on its ivory grip. As he prayed for the safety of the native girl caught in the vile clutches of a McGillicuddy, he pressed his lips to the engraved words along the barrel in familiar benediction. Ben McGillicuddy would pay for his crimes both past and present. "Maria" would ensure it.

The terrain was with Jeb the next morning and the hard grass prevented his horses hooves from kicking up dust. He circled wide around where he knew Ben must be, moving quickly to pass the pair, pushing Zephyr hard in order to find a good spot for ambush before nightfall. So far, luck had been with him in the gunfights he'd faced. But Jeb understood that making sure you always had the advantage went a long way towards surviving in the west. There was a risk the man could change directions in the day or choose another place to camp, but Jeb had planned as carefully as he could manage and he wasn't surprised when the ugly lout casually strolled into his ambush.

The indian girl appeared to be safe. The criminal must have already broken her spirit. She didn't appear to be in any distress, nor was she trying to fight her captor. Jeb waited with gritted teeth for the perfect moment, exposing himself and stating his intentions only after his bounty had removed his revolver and set aside his rifle. As he moved from behind the rock, Jeb was sure he'd seen an eager expression on the native's face in answer to the man's perverted leer. "Ben McGillicuddy you are under arrest for over 20 crimes in 5 states and territories. Surrender now or I will be forced to shoot you dead."

Ben McGillicuddy took one look at Jeb's gun and threw his hands in the air. "I never thought it'd be Jebediah Jones himself, come after me. And I tell ya true, I ain't fixin' to fight ya. Too much of my kin already gone that way and Ma says it'll break her heart if another one of us dies before gets her some grankids. And no matter how sweet a piece of ass, I dont think I'll be getting any youngin's off this little 'dove' any time soon."

Jeb was almost disappointed, he'd really wanted an excuse to kill the degenerate man. He settled for cracking him across the skull hard enough to knock him unconscious. Once he was safely secured, Jeb turned his attention to the girl. She had a few bruises and scrapes but otherwise looked unharmed. She was pretty enough in the face to be of breeding age but her breasts hadn't even started to develop yet and Jeb fought the urge to go kick Ben a few times. If he didn't fear it would traumatize the girl, he would just kill the man now and be done with it.

Schooling his face, Jeb softly explained the situation to the indian girl and asked her a string of questions. She seemed to understand most of what he said. Her own responses were a string of unintelligible but lyrical sounds. He was outside of his normal territory. He didn't even know what tribe this girl belonged too. Sighing, Jeb decided to try something a little simpler. "My name is Jebediah Jones. What is yours?" He said, including gestures towards himself and her. He was careful not to touch, he wasn't sure how she would react after no telling how long with the brutish McGillicuddy.

"Lala Wet Squaw" The girl replied and Jeb was sure he must of heard her wrong, but asking the question again produced the same answer.

The days it took to return to The Lady's Lot went by easily enough. He spoke with Lala at length and she even spoke back a little. And though she refused to speak of it and he was too much a gentlemen to ask, Jeb became convinced she'd made her peace with Ben's treatment by learning to enjoy it. She only became distraught after learning the depth of the man's depravity and crimes. He'd hoped to return her to her people, but it soon became obvious that he wouldn't be able to do so. He was no longer even sure that it was the right decision.

Jeb was in town in time to catch his next train, but he only had a few hours to spare. He dropped Ben with the sheriff. The jail was sturdy enough to hold the man until it was time to go. McGillicuddy would be making the trip back to the New Mexico territory with him. He still wasn't sure what to do with Lala but he took her with him on his trip to the brothel to collect the few things he'd left behind to maintain haste.

He explained the situation to Aunty Anne and the madame looked over the girl with a keen eye. Her sultry voice filled the room with loud laughter and Jeb felt he was somehow the butt of some joke. But before he could think of taking offense she was already wrapping an arm around him and shouting orders to her girls.

"I will take care of this one. Don't worry. Meet up with your brother's as you intended. Take that scum to meet justice." Anne informed Jeb before turning her attention to encompass Lala. "A genuine indian will be an exotic and welcome addition to this house. Even if you chose only to work only outside the bedroom. There are always odd jobs that need doing that need doing around the place. You're very beautiful, especially that hair, but I am thinking that you are much stronger than you look. Once you feel more sorted out, you can decide whether you would like to stay here permanently or use the money you've earned to make your own way."

Jeb trusted Anne. She was a good woman and she was leaving him little choice, anyway. Lala seemed agreeable to the idea and he considered it as he collected his stuff. When he returned downstairs Lala and Aunty were huddled with heads together giggling in his direction. He knew well enough when to leave well enough alone. He pressed some money on both Aunty and Lala and hugged them both. Lala felt solid beneath the soft leather she wore and Jeb that Anne might be right about her strength. She was a unique and beautiful creature. He spared a thought for the woman she might become as he collected his bounty and caught the train.

BOOYAH!

Ladies (and possibly gentlemen) I think we're ready to start.

The actual RP will probably take place a few more years after Mine and Raven's back story bits - this will fulfill the age requirements that i've set out in my rules et al.

I think it was a nice touch that we worked together to create and awesome back story for both of our characters, and this will give you an idea of the kind of stuff that i'm expecting (hoping) for. ^.^

Give me possible a few moments/hours/days and I'll have this thing started... if anyone has any idea's for a title, i'm all ears, as that's probably the only thing I -can't- do with an RP....

Ha ha ha Nice. :D

Now i am kinda feeling sad that i wrote so less. But well, have to do that in the rp then i guess. :p

But yeah, i am still trying to find how my little John will fit into this but i guess i will figure it out soon enough. :D

I am not good with titels either.. but maybe 'The last straw' or something? XD