The Little Things We Do

FatPanda

This is to be a set of original short stories intertwined together.

Some stories may only be loosely connected to the set.

Each story will be written in the perspective of a certain character.

One lead character per story.

Different stories will not necessarily have the same character(s).

Warning:

Will contain vulgar language, violence, sexual content, attempted suicide, bondage, rape, abuse.

Not every story will have all of the above but most will have sexual content.

Some stories may possibly have other warnings.

I will attach a warning to the beginning if anything else comes up.

You have been warned.

Part One: A man meets the man of his dreams through an unexpected encounter and falls in love.

----------------------------------------

Fourth Day

I stare straight ahead, looking at the little dots of light coming from the rows and rows of houses preparing for slumber. They resemble the stars in the sky, just more tightly clustered together. I lean on the balcony fence of the high-rise apartment, letting the breeze of the cold night air run past my freezing face. It was especially dark tonight. Just tonight, the light pollution below is hardly competing with the stars in the sky; there are a few I can make out. It is not enough to connect a constellation but more than I'd seen in years. Staring into space, I recount the past few months of pure bliss.

I met Darren outside a pub three months ago. I'd been drinking with friends and was on my way home, drunk and puking occasionally. I walked right up to his car and threw up on it. "Ugh, I'm so sorry..." I tried my best to apologize in my intoxicated state. I was bent over, clutching my stomach and trying not to sully anything else, namely my own clothes. Looking down, I had no idea he and his friend got out of the car until someone asked if I was alright. I was shocked at the concern in the place of dissatisfaction; they weren't asking for payment. I was even more shocked when I looked up to find a gorgeous hunk staring back at me.

I knew I was gay since middle school, and had already established preferences. Darren was the epitome of my dreams. His build was muscular but not too extreme; he exercised regularly but wasn't obsessed with the act. People couldn't see the bulge of muscles unless he deliberately flexed; it was the perfect body type. His hair was a dark brown, so dark it could be black in dim lighting. It was cut short, the sides and back just centimeters from being shaved. His eyes were a hazel and contrasted the darkness of his hair. The dimples near his mouth accentuated his beauty. Yet best of all was his grizzly beard. A lot of my friends found it odd that I like facial hair but I personally loved the way it could line a man's lips.

The conversation was brief and consisted mostly of my insisting we exchanged numbers so I could pay for cleaning and his resistance to my efforts. As ridiculous as that sounds, I was pretty drunk that night and was looking for an excuse to get in touch with this perfect man again. Luckily, I succeeded with my persistence; I was usually compliant to others’ wishes but I was also a stubborn drunk. Then again, I also got a bit of help from his red-headed friend.

After that first encounter, I met up with my new acquaintances a few times throughout the month to first discuss the damage I’d done to his car then to just chat. Darren turned out to be not only eye candy but also a total sweetheart. He always listened to what I had to say whether it was a complaint, a compliment, or simply a notice of some decoration. After the fifth meeting, I disclosed my sexual orientation and confessed my feelings for Darren. He surprisingly agreed to date me. Soon it became a date between just the two of us. By the second month we were eating together every evening and then going back to my place to fuck.

Since I was originally gay and had no qualms using my butt for sex, I was the lead and the catcher. I would help him get it up as he loosened my hole according to my instructions. Then it was my job to slide his cock into my warm anus. That meant I rode him most of the time which I had no protests towards. When he’d gotten the hang of having sex with a guy, we changed to doggy style. He could put it in me himself now so he wanted to do it in his favourite position. I didn’t really have much of a preference so I went along with his but I did wish we did it in a position where I could admire his lovely face.

We fucked so often that it was almost a routine to strip as soon as the door closed. It was also an unspoken routine to let him take his shower after our fun first. I would wait on the bed, looking up into the night sky through the wide window. Then I’d kiss him goodbye after he remerged from the bathroom looking sexy with his dripping wet hair getting ready to head home. He never stayed the night although we’d already crossed a fine line. He had to wake early for work the next day so needed the time in the morning to change clothes. I’d only empty myself in the bathroom after he was gone. We were at it like animals every evening for the next two months. I was so happy I felt like I was floating on air.

That is, until a few days ago.

It was a rare occasion where I was on top of my dream man, riding his cock. He had been tired from a long day at work so I got the honour of looking at his sweaty face as he felt the rush of endorphins. I tried my best to move my hips for the best pleasure I could give him to make up for the problems of the day. I was so close to release when the door flung open and in strode a plump lady. Apparently I’d forgotten to lock my front door. With a jolt, Darren pushed me off and went limp. His eyes widened as he called out, “Emily, what are you doing here?”

Her response was in a voice of fury, “You slut, how dare you touch my husband?” She was of course speaking more to me than to Darren.

I was stunned. What did she mean by husband? Darren was single save for his relationship with me. I had confirmed it when I confessed my feelings of love. With a confused look on my face I asked, “Who’s your husband?” Certainly she couldn’t be talking about me. I had no idea who she was and what she was doing here so late into the evening. Maybe she was mistaken and in the wrong apartment. I opened my mouth to suggest the alternative.

Before I had a chance to let my voice out, I received a hard slap across my cheek and a shrieking reply, “How dare you try to seduce my husband, you gay cock-sucking home-wrecking bastard? And not even admitting to it, how dare you try to deny such a felony?” Her face was a bright red, flaming with the desire to kill me. My face stung, I was scared, and I was naked. The first instinct I had was to hold the burning flesh and hide behind my boyfriend while I tried to pull my blanket over my private parts. What I hadn’t expected was for Darren to push me away and start to put on his pants during the frenzy.

“I don’t know how I ended up here. I was drunk and this guy I don’t know took advantage of me.” My eyes widened at the accusation. We’d spent two whole months together and yet he was denying all relation to me. The woman proceeded to hurl shrieking cries at me but I couldn’t hear any of it. The only words I could hear were those five words repeating themselves over and over in my mind: this guy I don’t know. Guy you don’t know? You don’t know me? But you’re my boyfriend; we spent so much time together. There is absolutely no way you don’t know me. You know my body inside-out as I know yours.

The lie caught me off guard. I couldn’t even fathom what was happening. I sat on the edge of the bed. Tears I couldn’t feel slowly fell from my eyes onto my reddening cheek. The wind seeping in through the open window was freezing my naked body. A pang rang through my heart. A lump sat in the bottom of my stomach. It hurt so much. Not only had he not defended me but he didn’t even look at me, let alone look me in the eye as he left with the woman. My face burned, I was chilled to the bone, and he had torn my heart apart like I wasn’t even there and my feelings didn’t matter.

I fell into a curl on my bed, looking at the stars in the sky. They used to be my heaven; a symbol of the bright future I had ahead of me. They meant I was still in bliss with my perfect man in the shower after we’d fucked until we couldn’t move. Now, they were just a scarce amount of fading stars in the sky. A mockery of the foolishness I experienced. They were a symbol of my loss, the dreams I had disappearing. Loss, I’d lost the battle against some fat old lady. I guess men really can’t compete with women in love. Gay men have no place in a world where heterosexuality dominated.

I bawled my eyes out night and day for the next three days. I skipped work, receiving ten voice messages on my answering machine including one where I was fired. I skipped meals, rotting the food in my fridge as well as starving my stomach thin. I skipped sleep, not being able to find slumber with the nagging pain in my heart. I felt lost and confused. He was supposed to be the perfect man: beautiful, kind, intelligent, everything I hoped to find in a man. But here I was: heartbroken on my bed, eyes stingingly dry, head pounding from sleep deprivation, stomach growling with hunger. My heart was in too many pieces to count.

Every night, I’d look into the sky and wish upon the stars it was all just a dream. That I’d wake up eventually to find that the stars were shining as brightly as before, that I was still in bliss, and that there was something I could do to bring back my perfect man. It was a foolish thought, an impossible dream. He’d declared it himself: he didn’t know me. Each time I looked up at the almost non-existent stars, it was simply a reminder of the things I didn’t want to remember.

If only I had known. Then maybe I wouldn’t have asked him out. Then maybe I wouldn’t have fallen even deeper in love. Then maybe I wouldn’t have had my heart broken. Then maybe he couldn’t deny he knew me.

No, perhaps I did know. I'd just simply refused to see it. I’d ignored each and every sign, whether it was an inkling of a hint or a massive billboard message. I was blinded by the bliss I felt. The signs had been plastered in my face but I had ignored them all. He always went home after we fucked, even on weekends. He chose to fuck me doggy style, so my face couldn’t be seen. He closed his eyes whenever I rode him, even at the beginning. I’d asked him out, not once had he told me he loved me. All the warnings came hitting me in the face. I'd been so utterly played.

Yet, I still loved him.

That's what led me here, now freezing my tear filled face on my balcony. It’s the fourth day I am mourning for myself. It’s the perfect day for what I am about to do: four resembling death in so many cultures. I’ve made my decision to move on, but I cannot do it the way most people do. This is the only way I will be able to live again. The sun is about to rise, the night sky that reminds me of him is fading. It is time to move on.

I hope for the existence of an afterlife as my foot raises itself over the balcony fence and I take a step, jumping off. I watch as the ground comes slowly closer. I see my life flash before me. It isn’t like a movie exactly but my memories resurface to play in my mind. The days I most treasured and loathed come last as my eyes gaze at the concrete below me. The grey solid approaches me, and then I close my eyes to darkness.

In the afterlife, I see the night sky with the stars shining in the sky. They are lit brighter than ever before. Relief washes over me and my body is so heavily relaxed that it doesn’t seem to want to move. I blink my eyes that start to fill with more tears I had bitten back before. The dark sky blurs up as my vision fogs. I close my eyes and hear a noise. Someone is calling my name; it’s a beautifully deep tone. I know the sound; it’s the sound of the man who’d asked if I was alright that night I threw up on his car. I try to call out to him, try to say Darren.

I open my eyes a jar, just a slight slit. What hovers over me is a bright blue day sky signalling it is all over. There are no more night time meetings, no more secret wives, no more heartbreak, no more crying; it is over. I am free: free to date the man of my dreams, free to date that man who’d called out to the drunken me, free to be treasured for being me. I blink again and see the flashes of red and blue in the sky. Someone is calling out to me, that heavenly voice that started my dreams. I try to listen, make out the words but it’s hard, I can only hear my name. My eyes close again and I want to rub my eyes awake. I try to move my arm but my body doesn’t budge.

The voice comes again and I try to open my eyes. Darren is calling out to me. I need to open my eyes. They open just a crack, enough for me to see the blur of reds and blues again. There is a blaring sound in the back, a loud groaning wail. I close my eyes again, body getting slowly heavier. Someone leans over me, calling out my name; I can feel their heat close to my body. Darren. I open my eyes to look at his face. I want to see the man calling out my name; I have to see the man I long for. My vision is blurry and he isn’t in view. I can only make out the shape of a person beside me. He is in uniform, that of a paramedic. My mouth tries to open but my eyes get heavy again.

As they slowly close, I see him lean in. He’s calling out my name in his heavenly voice. Before my eyes close, his face comes into view. My eyes close shut but my mind tries to pry them back open. I need to check what I had just seen. It wasn’t Darren calling out my name; it had been his red-headed friend who I met on the same day.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FatPanda

• Remalade

• yaoifangirl

• sirFroggerzz

Top Posters In This Topic

you're so fast XD

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

thank you thank you rabbit13 you're an angel

LOL XD Darren is the name of the jerk >__________________

sorry for the confusion but my character doesn't have a name quite yet... that'll be in part two ;P

Ahhhhhh snap :6onion72: I was literally jumping at the end. I kneeeeeeeeew itttttt :3

hurry up, hurry up~ where's part 2? onion3 I can't wait any longerrrrrrrr. Don't do this to meeee

You piece of shit. When'd you learn to write like that, you Fatty? Jelly~ (:

LOL, SirFrogs-a-lot, be patient... XD

I only finished part one today.

What do you take me for? A genius? XD rabbit9

Hah, I wish :p

I wish I could write faster but sadly, I can't

:hamtaro-005 (21): you're just going to have to wait...

awww why thank you rabbit13

was planning to write part 2 today... maybe

but now I'm thinking I really should XDDD

p.s. Welcome to YO

you'll love it here~ rabbit14