Allo. Beta read request for J-E translation (PM me)

pilcrow

Allo. I'm Pilcrow. I work as a professional translator (E to J and J to E), mostly of administrative documents (think official and quite formal/technical). I can't say I'm particularly a fan of anime/manga, though I've seen some in the past and am known to enjoy the occasional film.

I don't have a lot of practice in translating more colloquial stuff, such as dialog, so I thought I might try my hand at something and was wondering whether someone would be interested in beta-reading. While I realize there are plenty of groups out there translating scans (Superb work! And such dedication to their fellow readers. Hats off to these hard-working folks... Lots of hours go into those finished products), I just want to try something I picked up here to read with no deadlines set...

The reader would download/access the original (Japanese) and I would provide a panel-by-panel translation with notes as necessary. Mainly, I want to practice translations that don't sound like translations (that is, they read like natural English dialog).

I'm currently skimming through the original Japanese of Aigan Kyodai (Love Toy Brothers), a collection of decidedly prurient short stories (not for the easily offended). If you're interested in reading a beta, getting to read something not otherwise available in English, and doing something kind of fun with someone who wants to improve his craft (translation), please PM me. Thanks for your time!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pilcrow

• YLove

• Justme

• andreanitzoo

2ypes8z.jpg

Hello

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
! :D

Welcome to YaoiOtaku, hope you have lot's of fun with us! ;)

As for the translations, for now we've been trying our hand on manga translations, also we did translate some OVA's, anime and movies too. If you're interested in joining us, why not trying to post it

, which is our Translation team leader or
our administrator, will then contact you about it.
:)

: Thanks. As I say, at this point I am just interested in trying out translations of things I am reading anyway rather than taking on an assignment. Is that ok? Should I just post something on that thread saying I am interested in translating such-and-such manga? Let me know!

- - - Updated - - -

: Hi! I'm afraid I'm not fujoshi. I had to look up the Japanese rendering (kanji) and then I could guess the meaning. I'm not familiar with the argot (lingo) of the fans. =] I learned something new. Thanks and nice to meet ya.

Hello

! ^_^ it's very nice to meet you and i hope you will enjoy yourself here~