Dark Destiny (Nyuchanxx)

Nicholi

Lucas quickly stopped his horse at the word that came out in a rush from the man. Blinking as he caught the reins that had been tossed to him. Turning his head to try and see what was causing all this noise. That's when he seen the lycan, his eyes widened at the sight of the big beast. So that's what they looked like, it was strange seeing something that was not human looking in the least bit.

Biting his lips as he saw Yukinito move off to a good distance. He felt an old emotion rush into him, was it fear or was it just worry that the man may get hurt. Clinching his hand around the reins that he held in his hands. -please... be safe...- He thought to himself. The necklace that had been placed around his neck began to glow a little on its own, and his side began to burn a little. He rubbed at the dragon birthmark that was on his side unconsciously.

It had not been until the Lycan stopped to a spot that everything seemed to change its course. The creature's gaze turned right to Lucas. Giving a loud snort before he growled in his direction, the boy gave off an odd scent. Seeing the glow from the necklace made the Lycan growl deeply and slowly move towards the boy's direction.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nyuchanxx

• Nicholi

Yukinito hadn't noticed any of the other odd behaviour as he focused on the beast in front of him. His eyes widened as it stopped and walled away from him towards Lucas, he cursed under his breath. He quickly closed his eyes calming himself and honing all his senses back in.

When he opened his eyes again he saw the world in crystal perfection; the beast moving slowly, Lucas rubbing his side, the birds in the trees, slilent, watching, waiting. He ran with inhuman speed at the Lycan ready to catch it off guard, it saw him and stapled it teeth as a warning but Yukinito jumped at the last second and threw his sword, mid air, strait between the beasts shoulder blades. It landed with a soft thump. He landed just right of the beast, crouching to absorb the impact he span on the spot lifting his leg sharply so it impacted hard with the Lycans chin forcing its head back, breaking its neck. He crouched again facing away from the beast as hr finished the spin. He heard the hard sound of the beast falling to the ground and rose grabbing his sword from the tough skin of the animal he wiped the blood off on its fur coat and walked to Lucas.

"Well?" He questioned accusingly "care for an explanation?"

Lucas had not paid attention at what was happening with the lycan, but it was his side that was causing all his problems. Groaning softly as the burning pain settled down and his gaze lifted only to see the lycan dead on the ground. Looking the the man with a confused look on his face. But it was the charm that was still glowing.

Hearing the man question him, he didn't know what to say really. But he tried to figure out what was causing his side to burn so much. "S-sorry... My birthmark just started burning me. I don't understand it myself." He said softly.

Yukinito walked over sheathing his sword. The white horse that Lucas rode on was tall but he could still just about stand with his head at the height of Lucas's waist. "lift your shirt." he commanded, making it obvious that this was not a question. He wanted to know why the Lycan had turned on the other man over him, a vampire that had killed many of his kind before, it just didn't make sense. He looked up at the man on the horse glaring slightly, annoyed that he had only really won the fight because the Lycan was distracted, he knew his fighting skills were rusty but it irked him that he was effectively saved.

His eyes fixed on the necklace and he squinted at it trying to determine why it was glowing, his brain worked quickly in an attempt to work it out and yet the only two explanations seemed implausible: either it was glowing because it was hot, that being the case it should have been hurting Lucas, which it wasn't, or the second explanation, magic, also implausible since he had only got it before they left the town, it hadn't been there before and as far as Yukinito could tell no one in such a small town could have used magic and he would have felt the waves as the power was honed in on that one spot. So what was it? The symbol also intrigued him, he recognised it but didn't know what from, it was like a song of which he knew only the melody and not the lyrics. It annoyed him even more.

Lucas looked up at the man that had spoken the command. Being hesitant because of what those ladies had spoken of so long ago when he was only a small boy. His birthmark was well known within the vampyres, Maybe that was the reason why he was so interested in those creatures. Also... maybe that was the reason why those ladies had told him stories upon stories about those creatures.

Letting the air rush out of his lungs in a short moment before he lifted the bottom of his shirt so that the top of the dragon birthmark could be seen. That birthmark was still glowing, matching the glowing of the necklace. Same bright red color. He could not remember the birthmark ever acting like this before. In fact, when he was to little to remember as such, the birthmark had done this. But it was not a lycan that caused this to happen, it was a vampire that had come to visit and to help those ladies understand what exactly they were dealing with. Maybe that was the reason those ladies had been somewhat compliant to let Lucas go off with this vampire, with a small warning of course.

Yukinito let out a light gasp when the birth mark was reviled to him. He grabbed the other wrist yanking it and the rest f the shirt up as he did so that the birthmark was fully reviled. He stared at the glowing mark, it was glowing with the same red intensity of the necklace around the mans neck, that meant that somehow the two where interconnected, but how? He cursed himself for not listening when he was a child in the vampire cities, he cursed himself for being so opinionated, for not believe what the others did and for sitting at the back inventing new sword play manoeuvres while the adults talked of tales of old and warned of the prophecies that had been around for thousands of year waiting to happen. He glared at the mark some more under the obscene illusion that if he glared enough he might frighten the answers out. He did not and they stayed hidden from his view just out of reach, at his fingertips, if only he could stretch further.

He yanked Lucas's shirt back down and leapt onto his horse without a word, he coaxed the animal into an immediate trot and then canter assuming the younger male would follow after him.

Lucas was taken off guard as his wrist was grabbed and yanked up along with his shirt. A soft whimper left him as the man could of been more gentle about it. A soft groan left him as his wrist was let go and his shirt was yanked back down, he rubbed his wrist a little, watching the man as he jumped up on the other horse and began to take off.

Lucas sighed and nudged his horse to follow after him, the glowing necklace bounced around with the movements of the horse. Where was this man taking him? Why had the man wanted to look at the birthmark in the first place. He wasn't all that sure of what the man knew or didn't know. And that worried him a little.

Yukinito continued keeping the horse at a canter for five miles before the horse started to slow, they were not long distance sprinters and he knew it. He knew that he shouldn't have taken his confusion out on the horses by making them run so fast for so long but still, he had and there was nothing that could change that now. He looked up at the sky, it was getting dark and although he could find his way in the dark, see perfectly and could go without the sleep he knew that Lucas would not be able to and having the man blind on a tiny trail in the middle of the dark woods was a bad idea. he stopped his horse and listened, he wanted to find water and a safe place to camp. He whistled, keeping it the same note and went silent keeping his ears focused on hearing the echo. Soon enough he heard it the distinctive each of a cave and most likely water within it. He smiled, at least he hadn't lost his talent for finding safe places with a good water supply.

He guided the horse towards the cave, turning north of the track and into the dense forest where the ground was littered with leaves and fallen branches. He allowed the horses to walk for the first time that day. From the time it took the echoes to return and its volume against pitch he estimated it would take them five minutes at this pace to reach it y which time the sun would have nearly fully set and the the forest would be lit by a dim glow with lengthy shadows, it would be getting hard for the human to see but he couldn't be bothered to go in a trot, not when they weren't on the path at any rate.

Lucas stayed silent as they kept on, not wanting to disturb the man that led him away from the village. Once they slowed down and then stopped caused his gaze to lift to the man. It was when the man had whistled in such a pitch that caused him to cover his ears. That was one of the downfalls to being in the bloodline of the dragonslayers. Their hearing was very sensitive, yet that is only one of the special talents of the bloodline.

Once again being led off to another place he sighed softly as he let his mind wander again. As if trying to remember the stories those ladies had told him, as to any clue on what being a dragonslayer meant. But he could not come up with any explanation to it.

Yukinito reached where he thought the cave was and dismounted keeping hold of the reins. He whistled again hearing instantly the echo from below him, that meant the entrance was very close and yet...no outcrop of rock appeared. He quickly enhanced his eyesight allowing them to glow an ominous red.Still nothing, he span in a circle whistling a fourth time, this time catching the exact location of the loudest echo. he turned right and walked forward a few paces and stopped looking down. below him was a chasm, the ground of which above had fallen in creating a steep slope down into it. he groaned. "can i make the assumption you don't want to leave these horses tied up here?" he question before saying "because this is going to be exceedingly tricky!" He could hear the running water below somewhere but it was deeper in and he had no idea how deep this went.

Lucas followed after the man, not leaving his horse. Again at the whistles he groaned softly covering his ears. But it was the mans voice that caused him to still and look towards him. "The horses will be fine tied here, if it is going to be to much trouble taking them with us." He said softly. He knew the women had done something to them to insure that the horses would be safe no matter what had happened.

Sliding off the side of his horse, he took ahold of the reins and waited for the man to make up his mind about the topic.

Yukinito sighed "well then we cant bring them down with us, it just wont work so...we should tie them up together, i'll bring some water up for the later." He walked over to a tree near thee cavern and started to loop the reins around it, tying them securely so they could move about and lye down but not be able to wander off. as he was working he asked

"are you ok? i saw you wince earlier and jut now you sounded in pain, is there something wrong?" He wasn't sure if he was just asking to be polite or whether he was genuinely concerned but he needed to know either way to decide what their plan was for the days ahead.

Lucas led his horse over to the tree and tied it up. Leaving enough room to move. But as the man spoke again, he paused and let his gaze lift to him. Frowning a moment before finishing with his task. "I have sensitive hearing. I've learned how to tone things down over the years, but some things I just cant tone down enough for it to not hurt." He whispered softly. The necklace around his neck was still giving off a soft glow, and the birthmark on his side was giving him a fit again. Unconsciously rubbing at it from time to time.

He nodded "sorry, it was me whistling wasnt it?" he said softly as he walked over to the top of the chasm and looked down, gently pushing a stone over the edge and listening to it fall. "when i find the water you mind want to just soak that mark on your side to cool it, you might just irritate it by scratching." It was a long way down into the cave. "i am just going to go down a check it out, you stay here i wont be long." he said before jumping strait in. The stones were lose and even with his speed and perception he nearly lost his balance.

Yukinito gently pushed down on his toes, loosening the rock beneath his feet causing a load of it to run down the slope carrying him with it. He opened his arms out a little in an attempt to keep his balance when an unexpected resistance halted his decent, nearly sending him toppling over. He quickly regained balance and found himself at the edge of a rock outcrop. Below he could hear water flowing. he breathed out, not realising he had been holding his breath. He picked up a large stone and dropped it over the edge. It landed about what Yukinito calculated to be 15 meters later in water which judging from the water speed and age of the cave was deep enough to safely jump into but getting out would be harder. He climbed back up to meet Lucas again.

Up in the light of the moon Yukinito found it much easier to see, the gloom in the cave made it extremely hard to see even with his eye sight. He clambered out the hole in the ground saying "I hope you can swim because you are going to need to jump into water." He didn't feel like having to drag Lucas out the water but if the man couldn't swim it was what he would have to do. Maybe this really isn't worth the effort he thought, but soon realised the human would need sleep, food and water while he did not jut yet. "well do you think the horses can hold out till morning to get water?" he hoped they could or this was about to get really complicated.

"Yea... But you didn't know, so it is alright." He said softly. "At least my ears are not bleeding." He laughed softly at the thought. Nodding as the man went off to find the cave and water. He contented himself with watching the horses bunker down.

Lucas' gaze snapped over to the noise that the man made when he came back. He wasn't to sure if he could swim or not, he had never really been in large bodies of water before. But he figured it couldn't be all that damn hard. "They should be fine until morning. As for swimming, I've never really tried. But it cant be all that difficult." he said softly.

Yukinito grumbled something under his breath before saying to Lucas

"Well it's harder than you would think so I'll jump first then you because the water is flowing and I Dont feel like being responsible for your death, if I go first if something does go wrong I am there to catch you." He walked away from the other into the deeper wood where the branches hung low, he started collecting debris from the ground, from small brush wood and twigs to large logs that would burn for hours. He walked back to Lucas with the wood stacked precariously in his arms.

Yukinito looked purposefully at the human before jumping lightly back into the hole, landing lightly so not to disturb the rocks below his feet.

Still holding the wood in his arms he looked up again at lucas

"Come on then, tread carefully it's very loose!"

(Sorry, I was trying to think up something to post.)

Lucas nodded as he heard the man, slowly making his way down into the cave. Making it into the cave without falling. He looked around the area, it was really dark and he could barely see anything at all. Let alone the nose on his face. He seen the man's outline better than anything else in the cave, he just hoped the man would at least lite a fire or something so he didn't have to strain so hard to see in this place.

"come on then." Yukinito wandered down the cavern careful not to slip on the loose stone, it was pitch black and even he was finding it hard to see. After a minute he saw the edge f the abyss open up before him, he listened again, the water was still flowing, he could tell it wasn't a strong current but if something went wrong it was enough to cause a whole lot of trouble. "sorry but i am going to have to whistle again, i need to know where the banks are so cover your ears." He said before once again he whistled, it echoed of the walls bouncing around the cave be a lot before Yukinito was finally able to determine the boundaries.

He threw on of the logs in his arms to his left, after a few seconds it landed with a soft clatter. he nodded, his lips curving up in a slight smile. He chucked all the rest of the wood out left as well, none of it hit water and the sounds of soft thumps filled the air a thousands times over until the echo's finally faded into dull silence penetrated only by the gently flow of water below. he turned to look at the male behind him. "Right well, i am going to jump and when i yell, only when i call do you go!!" he emphasised the word only, if the other hadn't swam before there was no way he was going to let him jump without a safety net...himself.

Mentally preparing himself for what he could only imagine would be freezing waters he jumped, bringing his feet up to his chest and pinched his nose to stop water being forced inside him and causing damage. The water hit him, knocking out his breath as he was submersed in the icy depths. The bed came up far to fast and he hit it, bending hit legs out to try and slow himself, he pushed off from the bank emerging from the water gasping for breath.

Finally his body adjusted to the cold and he yelled back up "ok then, you can jump, bring your legs up and pinch your nose ok. And the water is cold and you will almost certainly hit the bottom!" he waited.

((don't worry it's fine XD))

Lucas followed the man's voice, but it was when the man said that he was going to have to whistle again. He groaned and covered his ears, shutting his eyes tightly. Once the echo stopped, he uncovered his ears to the sound of something crashing to the cave floor. Trying to figure out what was going on, he was about to step forward until he heard the man once again.

Staying in his spot until he heard the man telling him that he could jump in. Not being able to see very well in this place was going to be a big downfall to this. Testing how far he had before he met the edge before he jumped in. Bringing his knee's up against his chest and closing his nose so that he wouldn't breath in the water. The crash into the water caused all the air in his lungs to force itself out. A loud groan leaving him as he reached the surface, his body shivering at how cold the water was. This really was not what he was expecting. It was almost to cold for a human to stay in for very long before hyperthermia would set in.

Yukinito heard a loud splash just to his right, he flinched at the closeness of the landing, shivering at the thought of if he had been just slightly right of where he was. Shaking the thought of he waited for the man to surface, finally he heard the gasping of breath slightly down stream of him. Quickly he swam as fast as he could to the other. Wrapping his arm around the cold male Yukinito swam with his remaining arm to the shore line.

He couldn't see a lot, it was so dark but still he swam not sure quite where they were in comparison with the sticks he had thrown. His hand touched rock, it was damp and rough and extended about a foot above the water level, the vampire scowled annoyed that they had chosen to jump at low water. He cursed himself before saying:

"hey, can you hear me." he wasn't sure the other was still convenience but he sure as hell hoped he was or this was about to get extremely dangerous! "hey! i need you to climb up onto the rock, stand on my shoulder to do it, just get up, if you stay here much longer you are going to be risking your life!"

Lucas shivered in the cold water, lifting his gaze and staying where he was at. He couldn't see a damn thing, but it was the words that came from the man before he was grabbed. Groaning softly as he was wrapped up in the arms. The words that came from Yukinito entered his ears. He reached his hands out to find where this rock the man spoke of was out. He was beginning to shiver pretty badly, and his fingers were already beginning to turn blue from the icy water.

It had taken him a few minutes, but he managed to pull himself up onto the rock. His teeth chattering at how cold he was, and if he didn't get warm soon. This could turn out real badly. Something this vampire probably didn't want on his hands right at this moment.

Yukinito groaned a little as the other pulled down on him, it took him a great strain to stay a float and he knew he was running out of time too, if he didn't hurry he would be risking his own life as well as the boys. He felt the pressure release from him as the other made it onto the rock. Quickly grabbing his wits about him he grasped the rock above him and tried to pull but his fingers slipped of into the cold water, his head went under briefly before he rose again spitting the water out again. He breathed out slowly trying to relax his muscles and brain so he could think strait, once again grasping the ledge he launched himself up onto the shelf and rolled onto the rock breathing hard.

After a few seconds he stood removing his coat he shook it to get rid of the water and enhancing his eyesight, allowing his fangs to grow he quickly put it around the humans shoulder hoping it might keep some of the heat in. He could see his eyesight flickering as the cold overtook him and numbed his senses. He rushed to collect the wood that had been dropped, eventually finding it again he arranged the kindling in a pyramid and searched his cloths for the lighter he brought, finding the two pieces of metal he scraped them together of the fire, but nothing happened, he swore, cursing his numb fingers and focused all his energy before he struck the metal again with as much strength as he could, sparks flew in all directions illuminating the cave before some of them landed on the wood, Yukinito struck a few more ties and finally the wood lit. illuminating the cave some more.

The vampire quickly removed most of his cloths knowing he would get colder in the wet garments. Finding the food he had also thrown down here he shoved it over the flame heating it so it was warm or them. He looked t the other male and realising he was still sat there he said "remove your clothes and come here," he said in a stern but still kind voice, realising that the man could take it the wrong way though he added "you'll get colder with them on, and if you are over here then you will warm up faster, my body temperature i naturally hotter than yours and by being close you should get warmer faster."

He was ever the practical one, ignoring all social standards in order to keep himself and those around him alive.

Lucas flinched as the room lit within minutes. Looking around before he heard the other's words reach his ears. "huh..." he turned around to notice that the man had removed his own clothes and that now a fire had been started. He was shivering so bad that he stumbled his way over to the fire. Trying to force himself out of his own clothes, he was only able to remove his shirt due to his fingers being so numb from frostbite. He was unable to undo the buttons on his pants.

Sitting down as he was unable to stand up much longer, curling up next to the fire. Still shivering as his body had not warmed up enough yet. His fingertips and lips were still quite blue from the cold water. But it was the birthmark on his side that had seemed to react to the way the vampire had used his energy, and now it was just a soft glow against the pale frozen skin.

Yukinito looked at the other who had wandered closer, he could see the birth mark was glowing again and yet he still could not fathom out why. He shook his head, right now he had more important things to worry about. He looked at the shivering male again and sighed, he had done this, this was all his fault and he couldn't change that. He regretted ever speaking to the man, he shouldn't have gotten Lucas caught up in this, the man looked like death. Yukinito crawled over, shaking slightly still from the cold that even his inhuman abilities could not stave of. He looked at the man in the eyes and said "Lucas, i need to remove your trousers or you are going to be more likely to get hypothermia or get ill at the very least, relax, i am not going to hurt you ok?" He looked at the other and decided he couldn't wait for a response the man was too cold and this would help him. Yukinito carefully undid the zip on the mans trousers and carefully started to them down his legs.