Ignorance Isn't Bliss

Teesie

"As if this evil world could have such good people. It's for the better of the next generation. This place...is made up of all....all worthless, low-life people. All the officials are doing Ruune....is destroying all that. This world is damned. You should know that."

Ruu stared at his twin, studding the serious expression on the other's face. His brother really though this? Had he always thought this or was this something just...installed, into him? By training, years of training. That would probably explain a lot...they took his twin, his caring twin, at a vulnerable time in his life, and turned him into this. A blood thirsty, semi-emotionless, murderer...a weapon. They didn't brainwash him...no, they just manipulated him into their beliefs. The fallen had finally put the peices together in his head,; they used Ruune, through Shade, to create a situation where the two people that made Isaan show emotion, and empathy were taken from his life in one fowl swoop. That made the angel moldable, easy to create the perfect weapon.

As the smaller continued to think as minutes passed another realization came to mind, his mother. Astaat had told him vaguely that she had killed in self-defense, and that her trial was harsh and quick that they wouldn't hear her out. Was it a coincidence that there were two falls in a family? Did the Officials predict the his mother would kill herself...and counted on that to make Aheal vulnerable? Their father never showed much emotion to begin with but he always smiled, at least a little around Anya, and always went out of his way to show he loved her and his children. Then, after her death, he began to not show it to anyone...even them, though Ruu guessed he didn't fully know that since Isaan was always closer to their father. To think about it their father was always hanging out with that man Ruu remembered from the funeral.

With his epiphany Ruu wasn't sure how to exactly respond to what his twin said. Part of him wanted to go off on the other...but because of what he just figured out he couldn't bring himself to. It wasn't the white haired twin's fault he thought like that. "...If you really think like that...I must be a worthless low-life as well, because if we never met up, or Shade never showed up you would have let me die in Judgment Day, since, by your logic, the Neutral Zone is a bunch of worthless low-lifes," The younger said slowly, voice calm, and a somewhat passive expression on his face, "...So my death would also be better for the next generation?"

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teesie

• cheshireArtist

The chocolate orbs stared to the child-like adolescent as the silence was stretched. The honest answer was a subject that he knew Ruune would not enjoy, but yet he had told the boy. Now, the younger twin had trapped the aging Realm Official member in a question that be did not know the answer to. All sounds had seized, besides that of the small animals taking over the outside.

A sigh was released as the matured official opened his mouth. "I didn't say that. You were originally an angel and I know the act you caused wasn't done by yourself. I don't feel sorry for you, but I can say that you are not a low-life." Isaan finished in a concise sentence, pursing his lips slightly.

"I didn't say that. You were originally an angel and I know the act you caused wasn't done by yourself. I don't feel sorry for you, but I can say that you are not a low-life."

"So...would you call an innocent baby, that had done no wrong, a worthless low-life because if their species...even if they haven't been in this world but a day? I'm not trying to make you sorry for me, I did plenty of that on my own. I'm just trying to figure out if this is your opinion, or what the Officials wanted your opinion to be," Ruu replied in the same tone and with the same expression as before, this time tilting his head slightly.

The silver haired teen was done with guessing...he wanted his twin to think long and hard about his own life, and then, maybe, just maybe he might peice together what the fallen had. He knew Isaan wouldn't listen to anyone but himself at this point. If he shared his theory the other would just brush it off, and laugh. No one ever took Ruune very seriously...not even his own brother.

At that statement the elder teen chuckled, tapping his fingers against the table, stopping the laughter quickly. The chocolate, amused filled orbs darting around the area before glancing back to the smaller teen. Isaan leaned forward as if he was going to whisper a secret, a evil-like smile pulling at his lips. Ruune was surely the most hopeful person that the eldest had ever seen. Laughter was bubbling up once again to escape his throat, but Isaan managed to force it down before talking.

"Are ya' crazy? There ain't nothin' dat' I'm sayin' dat' is in the least 'Official Thinkin'" All of dis' is wat' I think. The Realm Officials did not bring about my behav'or...well I mean value of opinion, they only made me learn to control my emotions." The elder said blindly, though a silence was brought afterwards. Thoughts were dashing through his head about the question the other had given him. "Ok, when ya' word it dat' way, then I think it's wrong. But, there is non' I cou'd do fa' tha' babies. Their parents shou'd think twice before having them."

Ruune sighed, but he wasn't giving up. He was going to make Isaan take him seriously. "Isn't it abit funny, brother, that there were two Falls in the family?" The smaller began, looking his older twin dead in the eye, "I know it was a long time ago, but think about it...Mother and Astaat were twins, and Mom was the me in the situation, she broke down rather quickly. Don't you remember that father used to be more expressive before she died? So...they took care of the situation, since they thought father's training waring off...they to get rid of mom. Astaat had killed in self-defence, and they wouldn't hear her out at the trial. They clipped her wings, and, scared that she would die and the effects it would have on mother, she cut the link. So...mother eventually broke down, like they predicted...all so they could make sure that father remained their emotionless weapon. And then there's you. They wanted to get me out of your life from the beginning, I got you to express emotion the most...but they saw another problem when you fell in love, so they killed two birds with one stone, so to say. What happened hurt you, and hurt you badly enough for the Official s to convince you emotions were a bad thing to have...to have empathy and compassion for others was weak. They molded you, manipulated you, and used you...they turned you into a weapon, brother. The influenced your way of thinking and twisted your opinion towards their's...can you honestly say you shared half the opinions you do now before I fell as opposed to now?" When Ruune finished the boy kept looking at the other, silently begging Isaan to stop and think, and take the silver haired boy seriously for once in his life. What he said was correct, and the Fallen knew it.

Chocolate orbs stared to Ruune in a are-you-gone-yet fashion. The elder twin did not agree to all of what the fallen was saying and it was more than ridiculous to even think such occassions had happened more than from coincidence. Isaan wondered did Ruune think up all of this in one go? Maybe the other was right, but if so, the officials plan didn't necessarily go as planned. The white-haired teen stretched, crackling noises sound as the bones in his body popped into place from the abundant amount of stress weighing on the older brother. The silver haired adolescent did not listen carefully to what he had to say, maybe Ruune was just adamant on changing him.

"Listen to me and listen carefully. Ruune, you yet understand what I'm trying to say. I did not go through any training to be molded into a weapon. It's true that I am in the officials and they helped me control my emotions for dire times; albeit, these are my opinions. As you said before, about the innocence of children, I do think that it is wrong for them to be trapped in the Judgemet Day, but....I can't help that." Squinting an eye to the smaller of the two. "You Ruune, just have a one set mind. Answer this question, what is the world without enigma?"

Ruune frowned but didn't say anything, and just quietly kept staring at his brother. Isaan was an enigma...and was right, what was a world without an enigma...but then again if there was always some trying to figure that enigma out, right? So he wouldn't stop, sure he may let it go for a bit, but things like this were just unavoidable at time, so it'll surely come up again later. "Okay...I'll let it go...for now, brother," The boy finally voiced after several minutes, putting his hands up mock surrender. The silver haired twin was tired of talking about this.

When the younger was just about to ask about the flying again the younger heard the creek off footsteps coming down the stairs from the apartment above the bar. Two sets of foot step from the sound of it. The younger looked over at his twin, waiting for him to decide their coarse of action. Personally, the Fallen would rather hide and wait for them to pass...but Isaan was probably looking for a fight by now.

The creaking of the stairway captured the older twin's attention. There was someone here and by the air flowing from the mysterious person, Isaan could tell exactly who it was. "Exal." The white haired teen whispered as he took Ruune's shirt prisoner and snatched the other into his personal bubble. "Dat's one we don' wanna fuck wit'. We can not fight him." Quickly guided the both of them behind the bar. "Worse is dat' he's with non' other than father's best friend. We can not fight those two." He informed the smaller male, breathing more steadily from his mouth. From Isaan being a part of the official, he could tell that it was much more than those two. To be more precise, there was seven of them. Quickly pulling out a need, the elder twin stabbed it into Ruune and injected the other with the substance inside. "Don't worry. That is to mask your aura as well as scent. If one sense you and I, then you're fucked."

Ruu rubbed his arm and stared at the other wide eyed as they both hid behind the bar. The smaller recognized that substance that was injected into him, Jackal B. sold it in his shop, and if it was one thing the boy should know about it's drugs, elixirs, and potions. He was a healer after all so it was kind of a given. Ruune stared into chocolate eyes trustingly...he could defiantly tell the other was trying to protect him. He nodded silently, not trusting himself to talk at the moment lest they be spotted.

The silver haired twin bit his lip, wishing he brought his daggers instead of two of his smaller knives; one in each pocket. But, if he remembered correctly, he picked up one of his more deadly knives, and a regular one. The deader one be coated with a blood thinning poison that was used in extremely small doses to get rid of blood clots in surgeries, but in as large as a dose that coated the weapon it would bleed a man out in five minutes. It was marked by a bright orange handle, and the smaller twin was fully prepared to use it if necessary.

As a rule of thumb, though, the younger would always use the non-poisoned one first. So, with expert procession, the teen pulled the regular knife from his pocket and slipped it up his sleeve for easier access. The smaller, used to fallowing orders in battle from the Demoni, looked to his twin to take the lead.

The sound of quiet whispers overtook the stretching silence as the two entered the bar with deadly intentions. "Seems as if the rats escaped again. So we at least know that the little bastards are still alive. Next time we won't be so slow. Wonder where the hell the fool went though?" Isaan bit into the pink flesh of his bottom lip and had to hold himself from banging his head against the counter. --Dammit the two had noticed Ruune. What a shame.

Exal was a tracker, so it was near impossible for one to escape from him. There was no doubt that the two of them would have to fight. Whether one masked their scent or not, there was no escape. "Shit...Ruune I'm so sorry. There is no way dat' we can handle these seven. We need help, Now!" He whispered, chocolate eyes firm with need.

Ruu had never actually seen his elder twin scared before...so this was a first. Carefully the smaller twin searched his pockets for his phone, careful of the orange handled knife. He paled to almost paper white...he left his phone on the counter in the bathroom at home. Looking into chocolate eyes the smaller gave his twin a sorrowful look. They were going to have to go out there and fight...and this might be the last time he'd get to say this. "I love you, Isaan...," He whispered before pressing a light, yet loving kiss to the other's lips. He felt like such a failure right now...he couldn't even remember a stupid phone.

He looked into the other's eyes, he gave the white haired twin a look that said 'Ready when ever you are'. He knew they weren't going down without a fight...neither him nor Isaan would allow that. He readied his knife, poised for battle, and, sensing that yes, this was the appropriate time, he pulled out the poisoned one as well.

The kiss was what made the white-haired teen freeze without so much as a movement. Isaan was gravely surprised of the small action, although once thinking of the other's confession, the elder teen sighed lightly. Once viewing the expression in Ruune's face, the older teen face scrunched in a frown. The younger, as expected, was willing to fight the others. That small act pulled a genuine grin from Isaan, also boosting the official member's ego. If Ruune didn't mind dying, which was who Isaan was worried for, then the elder brother wouldn't mind at all.

"Fine, if this is what you wish." Reaching behind his back to grab a hold of his two sword. Isaan knew that this was a death battle, but there was no fucking way that he would die without killing at least three. The teen was strong, but the men had more experience and was also skilled fighters.

Seeing the genuine grin appear on his twin's face after the frown, made the smaller twin smile a little. He was glad that he pulled something genuine from...this might be the last time he saw that smile. When the other unsheathed his blades the smaller took that as a signal to start the flight. Ruune wasn't flashy or showy like Isaan, Maria or Rosa, he was more of a quiet fighter. The younger, still crouching behind the bar, snuck forward, peaking ever so slightly around the corner of it. He was lucky the lights were always pretty dim in the bar, since the shadows pretty much concealed his location.

The silver haired twin was just inches away from two Realm Officials, and Ruu was, surprisingly, a pretty dirty fighter. His goal was always to end a fight as quickly as possible, so of coarse he would use his own quiet nature, and healer training to his advantage. As a healer he knew all the vulnerable places on the body, Abel and Astaat had it drilled into his head, big time. Plus, unknowingly like his twin, he was determined to take down some people with him before he was killed himself. Unsure of who he was aiming for the boy sprung up from his hiding place, sinking his poisoned knife deep into the man's throat, slashing open the jugular vain. Meanwhile, with his regular knife, he stabbed into the man's back trying to cause as much damage to the spinal chord as possible.

Ruune pulled out his knives quickly, just managing to duck under the swing of a sword from the other official. The body hit the ground with a thud as a puddle of blood began to form around the gurgling, twitching, soon to be dead man. The smaller teen used his natural speed and size to his favor, dodging and striking out quickly. This fight had officially begun.

After a moment, five more officials suddenly appeared, the others could feel the aura that was flowing from Ruune's body, as he was now not hiding it. The white-haired teen dashed across the bar intending on slashing Exal. He knew that this would be a difficult fight between them, if the other didn't kill him quickly. The slash of the sword was in vain, as the older man dodged and stared to Isaan with surprise. "Oh, so it seems that Isaan has grown soft. What a shame...looks like we'll have to kill him as well." The sinister man explained, a devilish grin appearing on his face.

Soon the clinking of sword was in full swing. Isaan dodging and jumping from the sword that another was striking to him with. This male was Ronan, he was known for his agility, so this would also be difficult. Kicking out a leg, Isaan reached behind him to throw a bottle of liquor at the man, it being shattered on the way to the other. The liquid still managed to douse the man, after being broken with the sword. A victorious smile overcame the white-haired male's lips as he reached in his pocket. "You go to hell." Flicking a liter to the other, watching as the elder man was set to flames. That would handle him for the time being.

The older twin glanced over to his brother and rushed over to help the other. This would officially be the most difficult fight that Isaan would had ever fought. He was determined to win though.

Ruune finally found an opening and managed to slash across his opponent's stomach with the poisoned knife, and kicked out the man's feet from beneath him, making him hit the ground rather hard. The silver haired teen kicked away the other's weapon from his grasp before ducking under the swing of his new opponent. Seeing his twin start to run over to him, and another Realm Official dart at him, the smaller warned through the link, 'There's an enemy coming at you, left!'

The boy blocked a swing of a sword with one of his knives, but didn't expect another blade to pierce his side. Gritting his teeth against the pain the younger twin took a deep breath before muttering a spell under his breath. He slipped his normal knife up his sleeve for the moment as his hand started to glow a bright red. There were two sides to every magic, and even Healing magic can be used to take a life. The fallen shoved his hand against the man's stomach as swiped it across the man's abdomen, knowing where the vital organs were. The bright red light quickly shift to black, reflecting massive internal damage. The man look at him in shock before crumpling over in pain, screaming and holding his stomach.

The silver haired twin was about to turn to attack another enemy but an alcohol bottle to back of the head made the tiny teen's knees give out, and fall to the ground, weapons now out of reach, and unconscious.

Isaan heeded his brother's warning and twirled quickly to block the sword aimed to his spine. Staring into the eyes of the attacker, the white-haired teen was rendered immobilized. This official member was the only one that he had accepted at being a friends, but as the God of the Realms said, 'Bonds will be cast aside for that of a traitor.' Seems as if that was surely what Asiam was doing. The other had always worshiped the officials as his gods, so it wasn't that surprising.

"What's the matter? You can't fight any longer, huh?" The older teen teased, knowing that Isaan had considered him as his only friend. Asiam was also at the age of nineteen. The chocolate eyes narrowed before slightly squinting and kicking the male in the stomach to make distance between them.

"It'a useless if you fight me. You know that I'm much stronger than you are." The younger of the two boasted, ego flaring a bit. It seemed as if the two was the only ones in the room at the moment.

"Is that so? Well...seems as if your brother isn't." At that statement, the white-haired official member turned to avert his attention to his brother. The other was surely doing a well enough job, but there was someone coming behind him. Before Isaan could even open his mouth to warn the other, his brother was stabbed. Followed by being knocked unconscious by a bottle to the head. With that distraction, Asiam was able to grab Isaan and hold him tightly.

"I will not hurt you so soon, but only because they asked that of me. Come, come with me to meet your leader." Another man approaching to tie Isaan up. A sneer left the younger's lips. His mission to kill three officials had failed, the one that was set to flames had even lived, that was not good.

Another Realm Official sneered and tied the unconscious Fallen's hands behind his back, and threw him haphazardly over his shoulder. He wrinkled his nose, he didn't like touching something as tainted as a Fallen, but he couldn't go against orders. He walked outside, and threw the little teen in the back of a truck, and moved aside as his allies threw the traitor in the back as well. Smirking he slammed and locked the door behind him, and got in the front.

The truck started, and headed out in the direction of the Human Zone.

---------

Meanwhile Abel got a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach...the twins have been gone for way too long. When the snake demon was about to go wake Aheal to head-out and look for the kids a knock was heard at the door. Biting his lip the healer answered it, knowing it wasn't Ruune since the boy normally just walked in, only to be face to face with a scowling Kay. Damn...she must of found out about the Angels before he could call her.

"Abel...I'm tryin' hard to keep my cool here, since you're my friend, but why the hell are there Realm fucking Officials in the city?" The human woman growled out with as much ferocity as any demon, "And why are you harborin' them, hm?"

The old healer sighed, and motioned for Kay to come inside. He had much to explain to her.

TO BE CONTINUED...

• 1 month later...