Scarred Lovers

Zombie_In_A_Box

A thin boy with golden eyes was curled up against a wall, shivering in the snow. Today, just like any other day, he was alone. He was left in the snow, hoping someone would drop a coin to him. It was morning, an early one at that. Very little people would walk around at this time, especially since it was snowing. Small snowflakes would fall on the dark brown hair, melting almost instantly. His clothes were light, torn at some places.

The boy rubbed his eyes and looked up at the sky. He could see a small ray of sunshine, so weak, nearly disappearing from the massive clouds around it. Still, it wouldn't be completely gone. Even if just so small, it would keep on shining, as if it was desperate to warm up the earth. So what if it was hopeless? The ray of light wouldn't give up. If a thing so small wouldn't give up, so wouldn't he.

The boy lifted his head up, silently praying for at least some help. He prayed for his mother's help, for his father's protection. When times were hard, this is what he'd do. He didn't care if he wouldn't get any answer. As long as he had hope, he was sure help would arrive. In one way or another, he'd get the help he needed.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Akira_Skye

• Zombie_In_A_Box

A rather muscular man with jet black hair and emerald green eyes stood at the edge of a town that he had once called home, and that now shunned him from its very walls. Today, he would enter the city and stand tall and proud within it. No matter what happened to him; he would stand tall and proud; taking it all with grace. Regardless of the hour in the city; people would know him from miles away and try to alert authorities. But to no avail, he had just as much a right to be there as anyone else. His expression seemed pained and glad all at the same time.

The man stood in the city, being the receiver of many glares from passersby. But he paid them no mind as he looked up at the sky and took in the sight that he had seen. He wished he could have captured the moment better, but his eyes did just that and he smiled to himself. But the ray of light seemed to shine more towards a random street; one that held many shops. He thought nothing of it and continued to walk on.

Finally, the man had given up on his original purpose for being there and started to walk off. At least until he heard a faint murmur of a voice. He started to actually move towards it and came upon a boy sitting near the wall. He seemed deep in thought, and the man thought it best to leave the other alone. At least until he was done with whatever it was. But in this time, the man noticed that the boy's clothes were a little tattered and torn. He thought that it was sad to see such a young person in such a state and thought it would be nice to offer him a place to stay. But the man stood on the wall opposite the boy and waited for him to finish.

The small boy didn't even notice the mysterious man standing in front of him. He just kept on quietly murmuring his prayers for his parents, his soft voice flowing through the city. The brunette lightly shivered from the cold and bit his lip once he was done with the prayer. It was cold... Colder than any other day. The golden eyes slowly opened, wishing to at least take in the scenery in front of him if something was to happen.

His glassy eyes stopped at the tall male that was leaning against a wall. The brunette quickly turned his eyes away, thinking it was rude to stare... Who knew just what did this man want. Maybe he was one of those who'd ask for his body in exchange for some money? The boy unconsciously gripped his shirt while still biting his lip. He hoped not... Those people were mean... They wouldn't care about him and later they'd still toss him out like trash.

The brunette quietly sniffled and rubbed his nose. For him it was a never ending cold... One day he might even die from catching something worse, hm? Then he'd be able to see his mom and dad again... Oh, how he missed them. It hasn't been so long since they died. The boy may seemed like he was only around 15, but he was 18 already. His parents died four years ago... He still couldn't get over the fact that he was alone.

The man just continued to watch the small boy pray on. He was unsure if he should stop him and take him in as his own, or if he should just let him continue to pray. So he just stood there waiting for the other to finish. He noticed that the boy had finished and looked down. His emerald green eyes looked down upon the brunette's body; he noticed how tattered the clothes were, and he knew right away that he needed a home or he would freeze to death.

But he didn't notice that the smaller boy had looked at him and even begun to stare. Only because he had his eyes closed in thought. It wasn't that he couldn't provide him with what he needed. It was that he couldn't provide the boy with what he would want. It was also that he couldn't help himself and wanting to help. He opened his piercing eyes and looked at the boy who looked away.

He couldn't imagine what it was like to be stuck in a never-ending cold. What it was like to even try and brave it for all of what it was worth. The man looked to be about twenty, but he was in all actuality eighteen. But he never wore anything less than a shirt and pants; only because of the fact he was covered in scars from his chest down. All over his back as well, scars as far as he could tell. But he stopped counting them after the fifth one. He had been left alone and left for dead. Nothing could mean more to him than having someone in his life.

The brunette let out a shaky sigh and tilted his head. "Excuse me..." He started off and swallowed a hard lump in his throat that was providing him from talking. "Mister, is there anything I can help you with?.." The golden eyes seemed to be filling up with fear as he asked this question. He was used on getting a rude answer, a mean action, an insult... Very little people actually cared, actually saw him as a human. Maybe he just wasn't worth it anymore? He didn't have a home nor a family. Humans are supposed to have these things, aren't they?

The thin male coughed slightly, but tried to hold it in. Some people only saw it as a way of an act. Like it wasn't real, as if he was just trying to get some attention this way... That wasn't true. If anything, he wanted to disappear... Disappear where no one would do bad things, where he could live feeling like a human and not some trash that's been tossed out on the street.

The brunette's golden eyes looked up to the taller male with a tint of hope in them. He was naive, that's for sure. He had too much hope, he was expecting too much from the life that gave him so many bad events. Why would it even change? Even if it would, the boy was sure it'd come back the same a few days after. It didn't change and it never would. That's what he thought, and still there was this childish hope that a miracle will happen..

The emerald-eyed on simply looked down and shook his head seemingly callously. "No, but maybe I can help you. You are in need of shelter. Are you not?" He looked to the side and glared at the onlookers so they would go away and leave them both alone. He then continued to look at the boy. He noticed how slightly tattered and faded the clothes the boy wore were. And he knew right away that he needed to do something in order to save the boy.

He just wasn't sure how to and what he could do to help. He wanted to know, and he just couldn't dig in his mind deep enough. So he stood on the wall again and closed his eyes in deep thought. He wanted to help, unsure of how... He needed a plan, and he needed it soon; before the boy died.

He opened his eyes again and looked down at the boy; suddenly he picked up the boy and started to walk off. He knew exactly what to do. He would take the boy to his home, no matter how small it was. He knew it was small, and it would be hard for them to manage the space, but they would.

The thin boy blinked a few times and shook his head. "It's fine... I-I'm okay like this, if I get some coins I can get food and that's enough for me... You don't have to help me, I'll be alright..." He muttered out and turned his eyes to the snow below the taller man's feet. He couldn't help but feel as if he's said too much... As if he's said something that might show the idea of him being greedy for money!

The golden eyes were instanly filled with pure shock as the tall male picked him up. "W-Where are you taking me?.." The brunette managed to ask in a shaky voice. The emerald eyes that seemed to pierce right through him sared the smaller male a little... They seemed ones more of a predator than a human. For all he could tell, this guy wasn't anything like a common human. There was so much more he didn't know...

With slightly shaking hands the golden eyed male lightly gripped onto the other's shirt as he was carried somewhere. His only hope was that this guy wouldn't take him somewhere only to toss him back out after he was done... Or got bored. The brunette had some experience with people who saw him as some kind of amusement. They'd make him do weird... A little or very embarrassing stuff, they'd take photos and who knew just where they ended up.

The taller man just shook his head at each word the younger spoke. "No. You're coming with me. Alright?" His voice was crisp and cold. It seemed that he didn't want to, but he did want to all at the same time. He didn't even hear about the coins for food and such. So he didn't care in the least.

The black-haired one simply looked down at the golden eyes and smiled a little. "I'm taking you home. To my home. I hope that's alright, considering how small it'll be with two of us living there." His emerald eyes seemed to soften up a small amount as he spoke and looked on. He couldn't tell the boy of what his past was, even if he could guess about the smaller boy at just a glance.

In all honesty, the cold male had been looking for someone to warm him up; his eyes and heart had been closed off to so many things because of it. He had turned down many chances for love, and his tone had become crisp and cold at all times. He didn't take the boy in just because he wanted to warm up, but because he was also looking for someone to actually live his life with and raise as his own. Even if he had been to the golden eyed one a little late.

The thin male shivered slightly at the voice of the other. "A-Alright..." He muttered out, lightly gripping onto the taller's shirt. Unconsciously the brunette inched closer to the other's chest, nearly desperate to get more warmth. So what if he was going to get tossed away again? For now he had warmth... That was all he needed to survive through the night.

As the golden-eyed male glanced up into the emeral eyes, he lost his words for a second. Just for a few moments the seemingly angry eyes had softened... The boy could feel his mouth opening only slightly as he nodded a bit. "Thank you so much..." He muttered out before closing his eyes. It's been a while since he's last seen anything else but anger in someone else's eyes. Anything that was even close to softness was long gone from the brunette's mind.

"My name is Matt..." The brunette mumbled out, almost instantly regretting it. The man didn't ask for his name, did he even care? "S-Sorry..." Matt whispered, shuting his eyes tightly. His only hope now was that he wouldn't get beat up for saying something as stupid as that. He had to finally learn only to speak when he was allowed to..

• 4 weeks later...

The more muscular male simply nodded his head. "At least you're coming along willingly." But then he noticed as the other quickly began to put his head closer and closer to the other's chest. And it made the brunette question a bit. But he didn't bother bringing it up; to him it seemed trivial and if it brought the thinner male comfort; he couldn't bring judgement for it.

The man simply walked on without even noticing the golden eyes looking into his. When they softened up and the brunette said thank you, the muscular man couldn't help but shake his head. "No, you shouldn't be thanking me. I can barely afford to feed myself. But I will make due so you can eat well." The man closed his eyes and then stopped. He started to mentally curse himself before continuing his walk to his home. What the hell had he been thinking in the first place?

"Nice to meet you Matt. My name's Blaise." He smiled and looked down at Matt with concern. "Why are you sorry? I was about to ask for your name anyway. It would be weird if I called you kid all the time. Wouldn't it?" He smiled and looked Matt in the eye. "Besides, Matt is a very handsome name." Blaise had actually smiled a little and his eyes didn't seem hard and icy at all anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

The more muscular male simply nodded his head. "At least you're coming along willingly." But then he noticed as the other quickly began to put his head closer and closer to the other's chest. And it made the brunette question a bit. But he didn't bother bringing it up; to him it seemed trivial and if it brought the thinner male comfort; he couldn't bring judgement for it.

The man simply walked on without even noticing the golden eyes looking into his. When they softened up and the brunette said thank you, the muscular man couldn't help but shake his head. "No, you shouldn't be thanking me. I can barely afford to feed myself. But I will make due so you can eat well." The man closed his eyes and then stopped. He started to mentally curse himself before continuing his walk to his home. What the hell had he been thinking in the first place?

"Nice to meet you Matt. My name's Blaise." He smiled and looked down at Matt with concern. "Why are you sorry? I was about to ask for your name anyway. It would be weird if I called you kid all the time. Wouldn't it?" He smiled and looked Matt in the eye. "Besides, Matt is a very handsome name." Blaise had actually smiled a little and his eyes didn't seem hard and icy at all anymore.

Matt let out a soft smile and nodded lightly. "Blaise is a very nice name too..." He muttered out softly just before he sneezed, rubbing his nose afterwards. "A-And I really don't need much food... I can work, I want to re-pay you somehow for the kindness!" The short male said softly as he turned his golden eyes back at the other male.

The brunette grabbed onto Blaise's shirt as he closed his eyes, letting the sensation of being carried just sooth him down a little bit. For some reason, he thought that this guy would be at least a little bit different from all the others. Behind the coldness of those green eyes seemed to be a warm light. He wanted to see it... He wanted to feel it better.

"Can I ask if you live alone?" The shorter male asked softly and glanced at the one who was carrying him. Matt then coughed slightly and turned away, as if not wanting to bother the other with the action.

Blaise simply shook his head. "You wouldn't like it as much if you knew why I was named that..." Blaise seemed to sigh and mutter it out all at once. The truth behind his parents naming him that was the cleansing blaze that came every now and then. But he looked at Matt and shook his head. "Don't worry about it. I'll give you everything I can. Just pay me back when you can. Don't worry about right away. Okay?" The cold eyes that had been slowly softening had looked into the golden ones that looked up to him.

Blaise again paid no mind as the smaller boy gripped onto his shirt. He thought it brought the other comfort and saw no need to intervene with it. But Blaise could tell that Matt was different from anyone else of whom he had met before. He wanted to know Matt before anything else. At least before he tried anything else.

Blaise nodded his head slowly. "I do live alone. It really sucks sometimes." Blaise then looked Matt in the eye and drew their faces closer together. "I just ask that you don't cough in my face. I don't mind the noise at all. I welcome it. It breaks my thoughts."

Matt flinched slightly when the other grabbed his face and brought it closer to his own. The shorter male could barely hear what Blaise was saying because of the fear that was rising in his heart. Matt could feel small tears gathering in the corners of his eyes as he silently pleaded for the other not to hurt him. The brunette was completely unused to someone touching him in such way without hurting him after.

“I-I'm sorry...“ Matt whispered out softly as he quickly wiped off the tears that were rolling down his face. He knew that most people found it disgusting when he cried, and it made him feel more useless than ever.... He didn't want to feel that way anymore. Matt just wanted to feel safe, he wanted to feel like a human and not some trash.

The golden-eyed male sniffled softly and looked away from Blaise, afraid of the later hitting him for the actions he made. He was scared, he was just so scared...

Blaise didn't realize just how broken Matt was until he noticed that his words were completely lost on Matt as a whole. He finally sighed and gave up on the entire effort as a whole. Blaise had grown used to treating people a little roughly just to get what he wanted. But he noticed the tears forming and falling from Matt's eyes and it made him frown.

"You have no need to be sorry Matt. I'm the one who owes you an apology." Blaise simply stopped walking and set Matt in his arms such that it was a hug. A full on hug that seemed comforting and soothing. "I don't know what people did to you in the past, but I'm not them and I'll try my best to keep you safe."

Blaise was unaware of what Matt feared the most. And it made him worry about it to no end honestly. He didn't want to hurt the young golden-eyed male.

Matt bit his trembling lower lip as the other pulled him into a hug. The brunette gripped onto Blaise's shirt as the tears kept on falling. More and more seemed to appear, mostly from the fact that Blaise actually didn't find him disgusting... Or at least he found him less disgusting than all of the others.

The golden-eyed male slightly shook his head when he heard the tall man's words. "I-It's okay, you don't have to do anything more for me..." He muttered out softly as he buried his face into the blak-haired man's neck. The shorter male took in the smell that seemed soothing to him.

He slowly began to calm down, yet still had his face hidden and his hands were tightly gripping the other's shirt. Matt wanted to thank the other, but now words formed in his mouth. It was as if he lost the ability to talk all of a sudden...

Blaise simply said nothing and just held Matt in the tight embrace. Anyone who would so much as look at Blaise as if he were scum of the Earth; he gave the unlucky person a death glare to put them in place. Regardless of Matt's social status; he was still human and needed the compassionate touch of another human. Blaise did not find Matt disgusting at all: just human.

Blaise heard Matt's words and shook his head. "No, I still have to give you the compassion that others failed to give you." Blaise actually just let Matt do whatever he needed to in order calm himself down. Whatever he needed to do, Blaise let him do it. Blaise was unfazed when Matt actually buried his face into the other's neck.

But Blaise could tell that Matt wanted to say something. And he nodded his head, almost knowing what it was he wanted to say. "You're welcome. And don't worry about anything. Just let me handle it."

Matt's breathing hitched slightly and he nodded slightly, silently thanking the tall male. His hands... No, his whole body was shaking both from the coldness and tears. The brunette couldn't even stop crying now. All the tears he had to hold in for such a long time were simply flowing out right now...

The shorter male pulled away slightly as he started coughing again, this time more and longer. This was probably just another cold, but who knew... Matt cluched onto his chest with one hand as he tried to stop, yet to no avail. The golden orbs were hidden by his closed eyelids, small tears still rolling down his cheeks from behind them.

Matt hated himself for being this weak sometimes. He wanted to feel like he was one worthy of being human, and not be called too weak to be one. Most of the people that took him in even for half a day said that he was a weakling...

Blaise took Matt and ran faster than he had walked. He knew exactly what was going on and what to do to calm it. But he didn't notice that something else was beginning to form. Something that was far worse than a fit of sadness and tears. He simply didn't care that Matt was crying; he just wanted the best for the smaller male.

Blaise heard the coughing and when it didn't stop; Blaise did and immediately set Matt down. He started to pat his back to keep the coughs going. He knew what caused coughing: more or less, and how to stop it. He just kept reassuring Matt that he would be fine in a calm and gentle tone of voice.

Blaise knew how fragile the human body could be and just how counteract each thing that the human body did to try and keep a steady pace. Blaise knew that Matt was just human, and humans are only so balanced.

Matt flinched slightly when the other set him down, the coughing not decreasing at all. When Blaise started patting his back, they seemed to increase even more and the brunette squeezed his eyes shut while trying to stop. He bent over when he realized he'd failed to do so and instead just started trying to get everything out.

It took quite some time for the coughing to stop, and by the time it happened, Matt had a bit of a trouble with breathing. He gasped for air while falling on his knees onto the ground. His golden eyes were clouded by tears as he tried to get himself in place, unable to even look up at his saviour.

Matt tried to take in a deep breath several times, and finally succeeded. He was able to catch his breath while clutching onto his chest with both hands, his gaze turned to the snow below him. The shorter male tried to squeeze out an apology, but no words came out from his mouth. He should give up on talking for now...

Blaise simply just kept patting Matt's back; he knew that it would hurt for a while, but it would help Matt greatly in the aid of coughing anything up. He even whispered at Matt to not try and stop; to just let the coughs come out and whatever happens will happen.

Finally, when Blaise heard the coughing stop: he opened his closed eyes to see Matt trying to stand up and find a place. Blaise went right over to the younger and helped him stand. All the while he was whispering that everything would be fine. It would all be fine.

Blaise noticed that Matt was trying to say something and stopped him right before he could even start. "No need to say a thing. Let's just hurry to my home now. It's highly unsafe for you to be out here in the state that you're in." And with that, Blaise picked Matt right back up and carried him to the place he called home. A small little cottage on the outskirts of town. It was simply decorated and adorned with two beds. Just in case Blaise had unexpected guests.

Matt nodded slightly as the other picked him back up. The brunette was feeling slightly weak, no, he was feeling really weak right now. He gripped onto Blaise as he was caried to the taller's house. All that was in his mind for now was warmth... And Blaise's whispers. They kept on re-playing in his mind over and over until they reached the small house.

The warmth Matt felt when they got inside was just amazing... Slowly, his body relaxed and he took up all of his courage to look around.

The inside wasn't too fancy, but for Matt it was the best house he's ever seen. The brunette slowly let go off his saviour and looked at the later. “Thank you so much...“ He said softly and smiled, his brown hair slightly damp from the snow. The golden eyes were sparkling with happiness when he took another look around.

Blaise failed to realize just what his actions entailed. He didn't know that Matt had been treated so poorly. But it was just in his nature to try and be nice to anyone who looked they were hurting, or problemed. Blaise had welcomed the warmth with a small smile and he walked inside with Matt still in his arms. "You're home now. Don't worry."

Blaise looked at Matt to see his eyes sparkling and mouth in a smile. It made Blaise's cold heart and eyes melt to show their true warmth and softness.

True that the inside wasn't too fancy, but for Blaise it worked. Whether or not other people seemed to like it; he just didn't care about them. "Matt, I have opened my home to you. I hope that you too will call this home one day." Blaise simply smiled warmly and set Matt on the floor.

Matt could feel his eyes watering up because of Blaise's words. "I haven't had a home for so long..." He nearly whispered out as he was set down on the ground. The brunette rubbed his eyes to wipe off the tears and took in a deep, hitched breath as he looked up at Blaise.

"J-Just tell me if I can do anything to help! Anything at all, I'll do it!.." The golden-eyed male said as he took a step closer to the taller male. "I can cook, I can clean, I can take care of your clothes - anything you need, I'll do it!" Matt promised as he looked at the other with big eyes.

The softness that he now could see in the other's eyes was affecting him more than he thought it would. The brunette found himself just gazing into those green orbs with amazement in his own. The sadness that was mixed up with the softness was just so... Hypnotizing.

Blaise simply looked down to Matt and smiled. Of course it was Matt's home. It was his just as much as it was Blasie's. "Don't worry about anything. Just let me take care of it." He looked ahead and noticed that a fire hadn't been started yet. He thought it odd and then went to go start one. But before he did he heard Matt speak.

"I said don't worry about it. I mean don't worry about it. I can handle most anything myself. All you have to do is rest and improve on your condition. Perhaps I can help you build some muscle?" He looked Matt over to see if he really could and then it hit him; he shouldn't push the boy too hard just yet. After all he needed rest. "Why don't you just go lay down for now?" It came out as a cold tone, but the sweetness behind the suggestion was felt all around. At least to Blaise it was.

Blaise just couldn't abandon someone he saw on the streets. It would make him worse than the very people he hunted down for a living. And how could he live knowing he did such henious crimes? Simple, they told him that it was all in justice and that all would be better off without those people.

Matt blinked a few times and nodded slowly before making his way to one of those beds. Each step seemed like a hundred of them for him... He was tired, just so tired! The brunette layed down on the bed and curled up into a ball, yet his golden eyes didn't leave Blaise's silluette.

"Why did you save me?" His voice was quiet, as if he was unsure if this question should be asked. The brunette stared at the other, waiting for his answer. The way both coldness and softness were mixed up in Blaise just made Matt curious... He wanted to know at least a little bit more about the other.

Matt sneezed softly and rubbed his nose before turning his eyes back at the tall male. He put his head on the pillow and stayed quiet just in case Blaise didn't like what he'd said. The brunette knew that if people didn't like what he said, he'd usually get punishment... He didn't want it this time, he really wanted to believe that Blaise was different at least a little bit...