Bloody Ink: A Closed Book

Zombie_In_A_Box

"Yea, the fountain was really pretty and when other kids weren't playing in it i found it really relaxing to just sit and read next to it. The forest was scary though, I used to believe all sorts of fairytale monsters lived in the forest so i never really went in there. My mum seemed to love that." Jeremy smiled sadly, his mum had died a couple of years ago and talking about her sometimes hurt.

His blush darkened as Thomas seemed to have misunderstood what he'd said, or he had said a part of the sentence in his head rather than out loud as he had meant to. "I um.... meant i haven't even had my first crush...." The words were quiet as he was extremely embarrassed to be saying it out loud, after all a 27 year old man admitting he hadn't even had a first crush was not a common occurrence, nor was it something to be advertised. He held the warm mug close to him feeling the heat slightly burn his fingertips. "So i have no idea where to even start.... how do you make two people interact for it to be romance....."

He looked imploringly at Thomas. "Help.."

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zombie_In_A_Box

• Lady.Taser

Thomas laughed softly and shook his head. "Jeremy, do you think it's possible that we've met in that very village~? I lived there when I was a kid and I used to have a friend who seems exactly like you..." He said softly and grinned when the other said he hadn't had his first crush.

"Oh, my mistake~" He chuckled and shook his head. So innocent... "Well, if you haven't experienced your first crush, it might be difficult to realize as of how should the characters be like... I'm guessing you haven't kissed either, hm?" The tall male asked just in case while keeping the smile on his face. Really, Jeremy was a bit too pure for a guy his age. "You haven't had your first date as well? Did you even find a girl to prom?" Thomas kept on asking while chuckling to himself. He was having at least a little bit of fun... At least a little bit.

Jeremy didn't respond, the thought that this man, this writer was the one person who ever made it through the tales the books wove, through into his own little pocket of reality confused him. He had heard the saying a small world but surely there was something called too small. Sure both of them had moved to the city as some point, but to both end up as writers... Well one a successful writer and the other as a failed wannabe. He couldn't even write about love, probably because of all the books he cared so dearly for.

"you could be my friend from all those years ago, the village is memorable and nothing is really impossible its just strange."

Before continuing he levelled his gaze at Thomas, his face still flushed despite the serious look. "please stop teasing me, especially if you are my friend from so long ago. No i have never been on a date, I never felt the urge to ask anyone and the few girls avpided me like the plague, same goes with not having had my first kiss. Also what prom, my school never had one organised." having grown up in all boys schools he had mastered being invisible. No one bullied him or bothered him and he just sat in a corner reading.

" so how would you suggest i learn to write romance, i already know Annabeth wants me to fall in love but..."

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Forum Runner

Thomas smiled softly as he shook his head. "Sorry, sorry~ I didn't mean to offend you..." He muttered out softly and set the cup down on the table. "It's rather interesting to meet up with such an old friend on such conditions, don't you think? We both come from the same village, then we both move in here and we even go after the same carreer!" Thomas chuckled and looked at the other. "This doesn't even sound real to me... It's more like some kind of a fairy tale."

The tall male smiled gently as he glanced at the smaller male. "As with your first kiss, I could help if you wish for me to~ This would be purely for your sake and maybe you would even realize as of how you should write, mm~?" The black-haired male teased while chuckling. This may have actually worked, but there was a very slim chance that Jeremy would actualle agree...

His grey eyes once again started trailing through Jeremy's features and Thomas let out a warm smile. "I still don't get why you didn't get any romantic attention... You're pretty cute, aren't you?"

Jeremy shook his head, “You don’t really need to apologise… I know it is something that is easy to teased about, especially at my age, I just…” he sighed heavily his shoulders slumping in wards “I was never around many girls as a kid and I guess I just never felt any reason to seek out girls, they are all so shallow….” He shook his head slowly a self deprecating smile gracing his lips as he leaned his head back, eyes appearing to be ever so slightly damp, but he said nothing else and was shocked when Thomas suggested helping.

“Waaa…” Speechless he just looked at Thomas, he had to be joking right? It wasn’t like he had anything against gay’s there had been quite a few at his school and one couple that had got together in his class sent his Christmas cards…. Well they sent everyone Christmas cards, but they even remembered he had existed, now anyway. While his school didn’t have gays none of them showed any interest in the book worm in the corner…. Did Thomas just call him cute? Feeling his face warm his shook his head.

“I’m not cute… I never have been I was the geek that no one wanted to be associated with, not even the bullies so school was pretty easy for me.. just devoid of human contact, luckily I had my books to keep me company. Why…. Why would you call me cute? I mean….. me?”

Thomas chuckled softly and nodded lightly. "I agree about girls being shallow. That's the main reason I go after guys~" He said with a smile and took another sip of his drink. Oh... He just came out to a guy he basically just met... Whoops. "And don't worry about teasing. If you don't like it, I won't say anything else about it~ Wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable." The tall male muttered out and ran a hand through his black hair.

When he heard the other say that he wasn't cute, Thomas rolled his eyes and let out a small sigh. "I rarely give out compliments, and when I do, I mean them." The grey-eyed male said with a serious expression. "Besides, who says geeks can't be cute? I feel like anyone who is smart should be great~" He chuckled and tilted his head. "Well, you still didn't answer my question~ Would you like to at least try out what it feels like to get a kiss?"

Jeremy's fringe had fallen into front of his eyes, for the first time that day he didn't bother pushing it back. It meant he could look at the tall and admittedly handsome man without being as obvious about it. So he was gay... well it wasn't the first gay he had met in his life and sure as hell wouldn't be the last. "The teasing is just... well strange. I'm really not used to it." He scratched at the back of his neck, trying to distract himself from the tingling sensation he could feel up and down his spine. "I have never received compliments, and only ever heard how geeks are ugly. Its funny how hard it is to escape a life time of conditioning.." A sad laugh escaped his lips as he paused.

The pause drew on as he found he didn't know how to reply. No he did know how, and he thought he knew what he wanted to say, but he didn't have control of his body, not even just his mouth to say it. He wanted to try it. Not because Annabeth suggested he fall in love and not even completely because Thomas suggested it, although that definitely had an impact on it it wasn't the sole reason. He tried to open his mouth and found he had enough control to control the muscles themselves but not his voice box, and so he sat there gaping just a little bit like a goldfish.

Thomas looked at the other with a soft smile and tilted his head. "Well, I can make sure you hear a lot more compliments from now, on, what do you say, mm?" He asked and chuckled while shaking his head. As the pause drew on, the tall male watched Jeremy with a slight smile on his face. The way he was so cutely sitting there, seemingly unable to say a word made Thomas let out a chuckle and he slowly stood up, walking towards the other man.

"I'll take this as an invitation~" He chuckled while gently lifting up Jeremy's chin, making his own grey eyes meet with the hazel ones. His gaze then drifted towards the plum lips, still slightly parted and Thomas' lips curled into a soft smile. "You still have time to stop me~" The black-haired male chuckled while leaning closer. Their faces were inches apart as Thomas looked straight into the other's eyes, just for a few seconds the actual emptiness that resided there could be seen. The attack that caused the scars on Thomas' back was burried deep in him, yet small details could still be seen. Sometimes he'd just stare off into the distance while unconsciously trailing his fingers over the scars, sometimes his eyes would seem dead, but mostly... He still had nightmares about that night. He hated going to sleep merely because he knew that he would dream about it again and again, his brain would keep on repeating that incident until he got sick from it. He couldn't even change it anymore...

Turning to Thomas he stuttered, "b-b-but.. why would you w-w-want to compliment m-me..." not understanding it he froze as Thomas moved closer to him, lifting his chin. The smile so soft and sweet as Jeremy closed his eyes. Say no? Why would he.. could he even if he wanted to. He was frozen solid, but was it in terror? or excitement and anticipation? He couldn't tell but the result was the same when there was barely any space between them as he opened his eyes, watching the Thomas's lips.

Jeremy's eyes flickered up to the grey ones watching his own just as the emptiness was displayed within then. Unbidden feelings of pity welled up insider of him. What could have happened for such blankness to be shown in his eyes, what kind of mental scare did Thomas have hidden deep within. The next emotion was even more surprising than the pity, he felt a strange impulse to protect the man in front of him and in an act more impulsive than anything he had done previously he moved forward quickly closing the gap.

As their lips made contact, the warmth and softness causing pleasant feelings to take control as he reached his arms upwards, the cup discarded on the floor as his arms wrapped around Thomas's neck holding him close and trying to protect him from the harm the world could cause.

Thomas' eyes went wide when the other kissed him so willingly. The feeling of Jeremy's soft lips against his own made the black-haired man's heart skip a beat. When the brunette wrapped his hands around Thomas' neck, the later was only able to respond.

He slowly began deepening the kiss, his grey orbs slowly being hidden by his eyelids. Thomas didn't know exactly what was it that made him do it, but he gently trailed his tongue over Jeremy's bottom lip before slowly slipping the wet muscle inside the other's mouth.

Thomas didn't pull back for quite some time, his eyes closed and his hands gently trailing down to the smaller's waist. His only concern for now was that Jeremy may just move his hands in a wrong angle and see the scars... Wanting to avoid that, Thomas slowly pulled away, looking at the brunette with a playful smile. "There you have it~ Your first kiss~"

Even as inexperienced as he was he felt no desire to pull away from the warmth of Thomas’s lips, his eyes drifting shut as he enjoyed the sensation of the man’s lips upon his own. Thomas’s tongue surprised Jeremy, warm and wet it travelled his lower lip and it felt so strange yet so good at the same time that Jeremy could only sigh as the tongue slipped inside connecting with his own.

He could feel Thomas’s hands quite clearly through his top, the fingers occasionally trailing over a spot that made him jump and caused a quiet moan to escape his mouth only to be muffled by the kiss he was sharing with Thomas. It was all so new and exciting. In the back of his subconscious he was starting to see why Annabeth had told him to experience it before writing it, otherwise it would be commonplace with no emotion behind it.

He felt disappointed that the kiss hadn’t continued as he found the first time that he was actually interested in another human in such a way. “Not that I have anything to compare it to… but that was a good first kiss.” Jeremy’s cheeks were flushed and he was slightly out of breath as he hadn’t quite mastered kissing and breathing at the same time effectively. He smiled shyly up at Thomas, unsure of what to do next, his arms were still around the man’s neck and he let them drop to his lap, clasping his own hands as he sat awkwardly in the chair.

Thomas chuckled and lookeed at the other. “I'm glad I was able to help out in such way~“ He smiled before crouching down to pick up the fallen cup. The tall male calmly put the mug back on the table and smiled at the brunette. “Tell me if you need anything else to help you out, alright?“

The tall male then went and sat down on the chair he was sitting on before and took his own cup back into his hands to finish the last few drops of his drink. He found himself thinking about Jeremy's soft lips and his grey eyes trailed over to the smaller's face. The light blush that was spreading all over the brunette's face made Thomas smile and chuckle. “Don't be so embarrassed...“ He said softly and leaned back against the chair.

Thomas smiled to himself as he set the now-empty cup on the table and looked at the other. “Well, back to your book then~ What do you have planned our for the plot so far? Did Ann tell you to change something besides romance?“ He questioned while keeping his eyes locked up on the hazel ones.

Jeremy squirmed uneasily on the chair, his hands pushed between his thighs. He had started to anticipate more and the sudden pull back confused and disapointed him in equal measures. With a sigh he pulled his shoes of leaving neatly by the side and the pulled.his legs up to his chest wrapping the long arms around his legs. "I wouldn't know if i needed anymore help." his words disheartened as he rested his chin on his knees, eyes wide with curiousity, longing and hope staring at Thomas.

Another sigh followed when his companion began talking about the book and still hugging his knees he began to expalin the premise. "this is just the basics but two childhood friends who have always heard about the myth of Ghranel decided to fo find proof about Ghranel's existance. The myth stated Ghranel was immortal and so the ultimate goal is to find Ghranel himself. Annabeth suggested i make one into a girl to attract female readers and that there should also be a lovel rival at some point. I don't kbow how to make it work like that though. Ghranel is a fighting legend not something girls would be investigating."

Thomas watched as the other got into a different position on his chair. It really seemed like Jeremy was starting to feel a bit more comfortable inside the taller man's house... Well, besides the kiss, of course. Thomas didn't mind doing that, but knowing that he just stole his childhood friend's first kiss made him feel a bit weird, at the least. A small chuckle escaped the dark-haired male's lips at Jeremy's lips. "You'll know if you need some~" He answered softly and smiled.

While listening to his friend, Thomas leaned back against the chair. The plot was quite interesting, that was for sure, but... "Jeremy, no stereotypes. A girl can be interested in anything she wants! You see, just because it's a fighting legend, it doesn't mean that just guys can find it interesting..." Thomas said with a small sigh. "You know, you could try and make the girl a bit boyish, that way it would be interesting... Of course, if you really want to attract female characters, you shouldn't make her some dense, stupid sport's girl. She should have her own romantic moments as well~"