The Dragon Assassin's Escaping Adventure (with DarkFate)

darkestburningstar

"Our father disappeared, went into hiding I do not know where." He said frankly. He looked at her, his face completely serious. "I was raised without my father since I was 11, our mother taught us to treasure life. So naturally I would not like that part of myself so I locked it deep within me. And I hope Fyrra never has to experience that part of her." Nathan sad with great sorrow.

"I will go to this stranger and see what they want, I will act as if nothing has happened." Nathan said exiting the room. 'I will DO anything to protect my princess, anything' he thought to himself.

Nathan went to the main entrance, where he heard a knock. He answered the door. "Hello may I help you?" He asked politely. "I have come to see the king, upon urgent news " He lied plainly. "The king is busy, you can leave your business with me." He said to the man. The man looked past Nathan, then thought for a moment. "I will return another time." He said starting to walk away. Nathan was suspicious but turned his back any way. The man knew exactly where the girl was, he just needed in. He ran at Nathan and grabbed him from behind. His arm around Nathans chest, and a dagger to his throat. "Move!" the stranger said pushing Nathan inside. He forced Nathan to his room, where Fyrra was. They entered the room, and the man smiled upon seeing Fyrra in her current state. 'Dezerey if you can hear me don't attack, lets find out what he knows. I can handle him if necessary.' he said knowing she could hear his thoughts. The man stud there weighing his options to get what he came there for.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darkestburningstar

• DarkFate

Dezerey nodded in understanding. Her expression softened and she looked at Nathan again and smiled sadly. "Ken gets sad when he remembers his family he doesn't know if his sister and brother are alive. Like him they are pure shadow phoenix." Her deep midnight blue eyes swirled showing their depth again for a fraction of a second before nodding to Nathan about going to deal with the stranger. Her gaze went to Ren as he clenched and unclenched his fist testing out the topaz shard. You know they don't rightly know about the crystal from long ago...we should keep this as quiet as possible. She told Ren before waiting for Nathan's return and went to sit by Fyrra's side running a hand through the girl's hair.

Ren looked at Dezerey as she spoke to Nathan and began to clench and unclench his fist summoning ice to surround it before letting it fall to the floor. He nodded to what Dezerey spoke in his head and watched her go near Fyrra's side and he smiled softly. That was one of the things he liked about Dezzie it didn't matter who they were she saw the good in those that didn't think they had it or if they were preserving it. When Nathan returned he growled lowly at the newcomer but did nothing noting Dezzie's subtle shake of her head but her hands never left Fyrra's hair. At any given instant she would flame out with Fyrra and let Ren and Nathan deal with the newcomer who was after her.

Nathan stood firm as the man held the knife to his throat. "Give me the girl or the he is dead." the man said. "No," he started to vaguely remember this man, he met him once before, with the man his brother-in-law sold Fyrra to. "You will not bring her back to him, Sulmer!" he said to Sulmer. Sulmer grinned and started to slightly cut into Nathans throat. "Go! Take her out of here!" Nathan yelled. Sulmer moved and stabbed Nathan in the shoulder, then pushed him. Sulmer ran at Fyrra as Nathan fell to the floor.

Ren would nod to Dezerey and tackled Sulmer before he could reach Fyrra and Dezerey who instantly flamed them out of the room in blue flame. Once they were gone Ren would look at Sulmer and looked at him. "Now you will feel every ounce of pain that man inflicted on her." He growled out his eyes slit at the pupil but he wasn't transforming into a dragon he was keeping his control but his eyes were able to accesses everything faster. Scent flooded in clearer and more sharp and defined. He would then wait for Sulmer to try and get up.

Dezerey would reappear in a forest far from ShadowDalee and looked down at Fyrra. "It will be ok Fyrra. Ren won't let anything harm you ever again. She looked at the scar on Fyrra's face that blinded that eye and she frowned and then waited for Ren to contact her to come get him and Nathan after it was over.

Nathan got up, adrenaline pumping through him, he was losing control of his soft and good side. His eyes went completely green almost black. His wings shot out of his back. He grew angry and pounced on Sulmer. Raven cawed at Nathan and he threw something at her. He growled and turned back to the man under his grip. He started to squeeze Sulmers's shoulders, blood starting to drip from his flesh. "I will kill you for the harm you and your master have cause." He growled his life morals now leaving him as his darker side starts coming out.

Ren blinked and looked at Nathan when Raven cawed at him. He caught what he threw at her before it hit her and looked at Sulmer and Nathan as he began to loose control. Ren was unsure of what to do he knew he couldn't let Sulmer escape but he couldn't let Nathan kill him. He thought of Fyrra and went to Nathan and touched him gently. "Nathan calm...Fyrra wouldn't want you to do this." He said speaking softly and then looked down at Sulmer. Ren hoped he would get through to Nathan before having to try and restrain him.

Nathan heard Ren, but ignored him. It was to late the dark side already took over. He picked Sulmer her and slammed him against the wall. "I will kill him, he is going to cause my Fyrra harm and bring her to that monster!" his tone got darker. An evil evil aura started to surround him. "He must pay."

Ren sighed and knew he wasn't going to get through but he wasn't going to take Nathan's life nor did he want to hurt him. "I won't let him take Fyrra back to that man. Nathan this isn't you." He touched Nathan again and spoke quickly. "We need him. If you want Fyrra to be able to use her gifts she needs that key the only way we are going to get that key is through him. He knows how well that man is guarded." Ren said hoping he wouldn't have to use the ice on Nathan.

Ren's words hit Nathan like a rock, and he instantly snapped out of it. He dropped Sulmer, and then he took a few steps back. He looked at his hands and seen the blood on is hands. He gasped and dropped to his knees. "No No I-I have to leave, I can't lose control again, not again. I haven't lost control, ever." He said rushing to the door. "You should deal with him." He ran out the door and sat in the hallway. He slide down against the wall, and stared at his bloodied hands.

Fyrra moaned, and called out in her sleep. "Father, father...where are you.......please I miss you......" She said in her sleep. "I forgive you..." She moaned out.

Ren knew he got threw to Nathan and smiled kindly at him and let him leave the hall. He then turned to Sulmer. "How well guarded is he?" Ren would ask and gripped Sulmer tightly and let the man feel the chill as ice began to spread across his shoulders a very thick and heavy layer is what Ren applied and he looked at Sulmer calmly waiting for answer. He kept his hands ready to restrain Sulmer should he try anything. I will keep Fyrra safe she deserves better then what they put her through... He thought to himself.

Dezerey looked down at Fyrra as she talked in her sleep and frowned slightly and did not pry into her mind but her expression was one of sorrow. Her thoughts went to her father and mother and the family war that had broke out and took them from her and her brother. She ran a hand gently through Fyrra's hair and smiled kindly down at her. You really are a kind soul She thought and continued to watch her.

Nathan went to a washroom and cleaned his hands off, he had pulled himself together. 'for Fyrra' he thought to himself walking back to the room, Ren and the intruder was in. He entered the room and stood by Ren. Just as Nathan came in Sulmer spoke. "I will tell you nothing, torture me all you like. I will not betray my friend and boss." He said spitting in both Nathan's and Ren's faces.

Fyrra continued to speak in her sleep. She was upset sounding, " No Ren please.....no don't kill him....I am not worth it." she moaned. Her head tossing and turning. Tears started to stream out of her closed eyes. "Ren....Ren you shouldn't have killed Sulmer.....I know...how well Torren is guarded...I-I have known him and seen him everyday." Her tears continued to stream. She was seeing the future, unknowingly. Her mother never told her she was a seer.

Dezerey blinked in surprise when Fyrra spoke. Her eyes wandered over her features and she bit her lower lip lightly. She could flame back and stop Ren but at what cost would they suffer for altering the moment. She looked down at Fyrra and her tears and sighed softly. She proceeded to make wards to keep out the fae living in the forest except for one she knew she could trust. Aurora keep her safe till I get back She thought and flamed out. She reappeared before Ren and Nathan and Sulmer. "Ren don't!" She said quickly.

Ren ignored the spit on his face and moved closer to Sulmer a dagger of ice appeared in his hand. "Commendable." He murmured and prepared to slit the man's throat. Blue flame caught his eye and he looked at Dezerey just as she screamed out for him not to. Bewilderment and he took a step back from Sulmer then motioned for Dezerey and Nathan to follow him outside. Once they were all out he would freeze the room completely as well as the windows blocking out any of Sulmer's escape options for the moment. "Whats going on?" He asked noting her expression was dire.

Nathan followed Ren and Dezerey out of the room. He watched as Ren froze all possible ways of escape. He stood next to Ren and looked at Dezerey. "Whats wrong, where is Fyrra?" Nathan asked fear and worry spread across his face.

Sulmer looked around the room. His shoulders still bleeding a little. "When did the stop, they could have killed me." He wondered out loud. He looked around the room for a way out, but couldn't find one. So he started to look for hidden passages. He started with the candle sticks, nothing. "Maybe a book." he mumbled. He started to take out all the books, when one wouldn't come out, "Got you." He said triumphant. He pulled the book and a door opened. He went through the door and closed the door. He started to walk, but his shoulders hurt too much to walk, so his sat against the door, using himself as a barricade. "I bet they don't know about these passages." he snickered.

Dezerey paused to listen and check if Sulmer was near the door. She frowned noting how far his thoughts had gotten but she would worry about that problem later. "Nathan....Fyrra can see the future. Did you know about this?" She said quickly and looked at him waiting for him to answer before looking at Ren. Aurora is with her. Plus I put wards around her She told him in thought soothingly.

Ren opened his mouth to speak when Dezerey spoke to Nathan. When their gazes met he nodded to her wordless reassurance. His vibrant blood red gaze went to Nathan as well and waited for his answer. His thoughts were on what Dezerey said. "She saw me kill Sulmer..." He said the words with caution and he clenched his fist. She's to gentle to be a seer...I won't bloody my hands anymore unless its necessary...how weird...why do I think this way now

With Fyrra another woman watched over her. This one had clear like wings except with a faint icy pink color her hair was a bright neon pink her eyes a bubble gum pink and she watched over Fyrra. She and Dezerey were a special sort of friends. Their families had know each other and had promised that their children would always be together. Aurora did not like hanging out with Dezerey's brother. Come back soon Dez

Fyrra lay still and quite. Then she started to talk in her sleep. "Dezerey.....Ren.....Uncle.....he is getting away." She moaned quietly.

Nathan looked at the pair of them. And shook his head, " No, I knew our our great grandmother was a seer ,but i would never thought she would." He said in disbelief. " What do we do now, this castle is mine till Fyrra is of age, you could stay here and live." Nathan offered.

Sulmer felt stronger, now the bleeding stopped. He got up and continued down the secret passage. He came up to a door and opened it. He was now outside. He slowly walked down the path to the forest.

Aurora looked down at Fyrra and sighed frowning slightly. She listened to what she said and her wings fluttered lightly before vanishing and she ran a hand through Fyrra's hair hoping to calm her. Aurora would then begin to hum softly to herself though her bubble gum pink eyes didn't close they wandered the forest that was her home. Of course some would assume the fae lived in every forest but the forest in ShadowDalee was different from this one. This forest was imbued with raw power from her crystal shard named the Lilac Sapphire its power was not limited to just the normal forests but the darkest of them as well as the raw power of a hurricane as well. She didn't use the shard often and was not going to return to her tomb anytime soon not when Dezerey still needed her. This particular forest was on another land entirely far to the southeast it was rumored to exist and that was it not many managed to leave this war-torn land and live to tell the tale.

Dezerey frowned deepened and she closed her eyes in concentration pulling Sulmer's image from Ren's head. She winced at what she was about to do but it should hinder him at least till they could get back to Fyrra. "I hope this works..." She would picture the femur of Sulmer's left leg and with a combination of telekinesis and Ren's memory she hoped she could temporarily break his leg. "I think it would be safer if we hide out till we can't plan how to get that key Ren mentioned." Dezerey would murmur to Nathan smiling kindly at him. "He knows about this place and Sulmer is clever or your former brother in law was...secret passages..." She said and looked at Ren.

Ren smiled at Nathan's offer. "Were it so simple...." Ren said then cut off and put a hand underneath his chin and began to think. If we do stay we will eventually have to deal with her master coming himself...Maybe he should...Dezzie won't bring Fyrra back here...If I know her well enough He thought and his gaze flickered to Dezzie to see if she was tuning into his thoughts. He knew her concentration look and hoped whatever she was trying would work.

Nathan frowned, " I had completely forgot about the secret passages...I helped build the castle." He said rubbing his head. He looked at Ren and then to Dezerey, "What will you do? I must stay here and take care of the kingdom till Fyrra is ready." He sighed softly. Raven came out of her hiding place, she had flown out before the door was sealed. She cawed and landed on Nathans shoulder.

Sulmer felt a sharp pain in his leg. Then it gave out and broke. "That bitch, she must be using witchcraft..." He said narrow-mindlessly. He managed to crawl up against a tree. He was hurt badly and couldn't move to well. He then fell unconscious.

Fyrra stopped moaning and moving. She was now quiet and sleeping soundly. But many things ran through her mind as she slept. She was unknowingly analyzing everything. Everything that happened, that was happening, and everything to come.

Dezerey frowned knowing what Nathan spoke was true. "That maybe but in the case of him coming here for Fyrra is a very great risk...You want her to be ready to take over the kingdom. We must ensure her survival but we must also free her of that wretched collar. I'm a nephilim my powers were sealed long ago. I'm only able to use them because of the unique nature of my seal..." She said trying to think of the collar's workings and reviewing Ren's thoughts on when Fyrra mentioned it. She really couldn't see how to get it off if it was enchanted that way.

Ren watched Dezerey as she mused before turning to Nathan and looking at Raven. His thoughts ventured to Fyrra as well. Her master still made him angry but he wouldn't do anything unless it was a necessary evil. His father on the other hand was a very different story that man would pay for taking almost everything that made Ren an innocent person.

Aurora stayed with Fyrra and continued to hum softly noting she was sleeping sounder. The faerie sighed softly and looked up at the sky. Its familiar pattern soothed her nerves but also made her wonder what was going to happen ahead. Her father had been a faerie of the night and mother a faerie of the dawn so her thoughts often wandered differently during both times. If it was night she asked the stars what she should do next during the day she followed the sun. Right now she felt the need to keep Fyrra safe and away from where the sun would eventually set. They will be back soon sleep soundly for a little while longer little one

Nathan looked down, knowing he would need to let Fyrra go to keep her safe. "I want her to be safe, if I must lose her to keep her safe I will accept it." He said looking at Ren and Dezerey. Raven cawed and flapped her wings. "No Raven I want you to stay with Fyrra. She needs you, and I will be fine." He smiled. He widened his eyes, and and ran off, he stopped and turned. "I will be right back.

Nathan went to his sister's old room. He went to the wall, and pulled out a hidden draw, disguised as a piece of the wall. He pulled it out and took out the content. He held a silver chained necklace with a purple crystal pendant. He put it in a small box and tied a lace around it.

Fyrra remained sleeping peacefully. She spoke softly with her silky voice. "Thank you...." She started. "Aurora..." she hummed out. Her smile still on her face.

Dezerey offered Nathan a comforting smile and let her thoughts wander to Fyrra. She would then look at Raven and smiled at the bird. As Nathan conversed with Raven she let an eyebrow raise in confusion when he turned to them and said he would be right back. Her gaze went to Ren and wondered what he was planning.

Ren blinked and met Dezerey's gaze before letting his thoughts go over various ideas. He knew Fyrra would be safe at the present moment but if they were keeping her there they were going to need some extra precautions with Fyrra. He would stay here with Nathan if Fyrra's master would try to see if Fyrra was here but if he stayed with Fyrra and Dezzie and the others they would need to be extra cautious. He decided it was best if they hid out till Fyrra was of age and if Nathan needed any help he could think of Fyrra and Dezerey would be able to tell.

Aurora smiled at Fyrra's words and ran a hand through her hair once more. "You are welcome little one. The light here will keep you safe." She murmured and went back to humming softly.

Nathan returned to them holding a small box, with a small envelope on the top. He walked up to Ren and smiled, "If you are going to leave and take Fyrra, can you please give this to her." He smiled handing Ren the box.

Sulmer woke after the bleeding stopped. He looked around and found two sturdy sticks. He ripped his sleeves into strips. He then made a splint for his leg. He stood up, with great difficulty. Then he found a branch to use as a walking stick. He then proceeded to walk further into the woods, trying to escape.

Fyrra stirred in her sleep. "Ren..." She moaned. She was thinking of her secret feelings of him. She continued to moan out his name, "Ren...."

Ren looked at Nathan when he returned wondering what he was holding. He took the small box and nodded smiling at Nathan. "I'll be sure to give it to her. Will you be ok alone?" Ren asked his vibrant blood red orbs staring straight at Nathan. He let his thoughts wonder to Fyrra and that strengthen is resolve to keep her safe. "If you need anything at all Nathan call Dezzie." He murmured and then looked at Dezzie.

Dezerey looked between the two of them and nodded in agreement to what Ren said. "If they try to force you to call me just think its a trap. We won't let him have Fyrra until she is of age. We will find a way to take off that collar." She said her eyes full of determination. Your more resilient then I thought Sulmer but you will not find Fyrra here. She thought to herself and looked to Ren. "Ready?" She asked when he nodded the bidden Nathan farewell and promised to keep in touch. Her thoughts went to Fyrra and Aurora and she flamed them there a few miles walk away. "Ren I'm glad someone brought your smile back. We will keep her safe." She told him with a smile as they proceeded to Fyrra and Aurora at a slow pace to think and plan.

Aurora looked at Fyrra as she began to stir again hearing her moan out Ren's name. The faerie's wings fluttered lightly and she pondered her thoughts carefully. A smile graced her features and she would be sure to keep this a secret. "He would be very lucky to have someone like you loving him." She murmured ever so softly and looked in the direction of where Dezerey and Ren would soon walk in from.

"I'll be fine, and I will." Nathan said before they left. After they had disappeared he went to the throne room and ordered the servants to clean up the mess of a king in the dungeon. Then he asked if they could clean up the rooms that got messed up. After that he went to his sisters old room, and sat on the bed.

Raven had flown onto Ren's shoulder before they had left. She nuzzled his cheek, showing her affection, then cawed with happiness.

Sulmer walked until he stumbled upon his horse, that he arrived with. He struggled to get on, but did. He rode off trying to get back to Torren. 'I have to get back, to report...' was all he thought.

Fyrra still stirred but stopped moaning. She moved her head and some of her soft violet hair fell in her face. She moved her hand, it lightly grabbed Aurora's hand.

Ren looked at Raven when she nuzzled his cheek and he would run a finger under her beak in return. "This forest will have plenty for you to eat Raven." He murmured as he followed Dezerey back to where Aurora and Fyrra were waiting for them. His thoughts went to Sulmer and his boss. A soft sigh and he gave up trying to remember who he was. We will get that collar off of her... His gaze went to Dezerey out of his peripheral vision noting she was in thought or was tuning into the telepathic bond she had with her brother.

Dezerey looked at Ren as they walked noting he was watching her. "Its not Onii-chan just lost in thought is all. How will we work getting him to remove the collar." She murmured cutting off and looked ahead waiting for the familiar clearing to get into view.

Aurora stayed by Fyrra's side and watch her head move and ran a finger along the soft hair smiling kindly blinking in surprise at the light pressure of Fyrra's hand. Her head turned to the two approaching figures and looked at Ren then Dezerey. "Long time no see Ren. Don't worry she is fine." She told him before looking back down at Fyrra then moved her hand gently out of Fyrra's grasp and took a step back shrinking back down to standard faerie size and landed on the oppisote shoulder of Raven and waved at her. "Have fun in the forest Raven just be wary of the other fae they shouldn't touch you because you are a friend of mine." She told her.

Sulmer reached Torren and hobbled to him. He told him everything. "So, you failed me. I hate it when people fail me." He looked down as Sulmer shook in fear. Then Torren quickly pulled out a knife and slit Sulmer's throat, in the blink of an eye. His body fell to the floor.

Raven cawed and flew down to Fyrra. She lay next to her and didn't move. Fyrra shifted and moaned, "Sulmer......dead.....no.." She coughed a little, she started to feel cold and shivered.