The Dragon Assassin's Escaping Adventure (with DarkFate)

darkestburningstar

Ren watched his surroundings carefully his mind told him be wary. He knew the routes and who exactly to avoid this night to make his escape. His thoughts were on this morning and how he had disliked those particular words he had over heard. My Son the snow white haired boy...do not enrage him or give his too much stress he is of age where his dragonic blood is active. He tsked silently and let his vibrant blood red orbs wandered the passage assessing it the guard was on the far side. Stealthy as he was taught he wandered the grounds and made his way to his escape route. After he was sure his trail was well hidden he went to the nearest village to try and get something to eat and stay the rest of the night till morning to head out again farther away this time. I should be gone from here by the time they wake for training and find out I'm not there...

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darkestburningstar

• DarkFate

Fyrra walked to her small mat on the floor, next to her masters bed. She sat and laid down, just finishing her many chores. She covered her bruised and bloody body, with her thin excuse for a blanket. Her locked collar scratching at her throat. She thought about the day, to remember what not to do to get beaten again. -Flashback- She woke early to prepare her master's cloths. After that she made his breakfast and woke him. "Master, it is time to wake and eat your breakfast." She lightly shook him. He awoke and ate his food. She went on through the days as she would everyday. But when her master told her to go "accompany" one of his friends she spoke out of turn. "Master! Please no don't make me do that...." She begged. He smacked her across the cheek. She fell back, but quickly got up. "You dare speak out, without permission!" He barked at her. He grabbed her by her hair and and dragged her to his private room. He beat her for an hour, then left her to finish her chores. -End flashback- She lay in her bed,staring at the ceiling. She silently cried herself to sleep.

That night Ren stayed with a farmer and his wife and baby child. True to his word to the farmer he would be gone before the sun rose and they had never met. He trugged ahead he knew how far he wanted to go and if he mangaged it he would be the first and only one to ever have done so. Sulindal's Assassin Regime had a motto and that motto was once you were in the regime you belonged to it until death to you from it. He proceeded to head out to the next town stopping only to by a cloak and other trail rations for the trip ahead. Ren would then proceed to put the cloak on and covered his face with the hood and began to head out.

When the sun rose the next morning the head of the regime went to wake the assassins. Most of them to his pleasure were already up and preparing for training. He would stop at Ren's room and say "Kasai its time for training get out there." When no reply came he entered the room. He felt his expression turn into one of horror. There was one particular person he had to answer to if Kasai ever came up missing and he didn't want to go and tell him. What do I do? If he finds out Kasai is missing I'm dead He would then go to his general and gave the hit on Ren Kasai to him to hand it out how he saw fit.

Fyrra woke early as always and started to prepare for the day. She went to wake her master, but found he was not in his bed. She cleaned his room, until he walked in. "Morning master, up early." She said timidly. "Yes I received urgent news, and it involves you." He said in a husk tone. "Did I do something wrong, I am sorry, please forgive m..." She was cut off by him hitting her. "Shut up, I wasn't done talking, slave." He yelled angrily. "Sorry master." She squeaked out. "Now listen, there is a mark that needs to be dwelt with. And you have a chance to be freed from slavery, and become an assassin." He started. "I have trained you, you know what to do. So if you kill this target you will be freed. Do you understand?" He looked at her. "Yes master." She tried and succeeded at hiding her smile. 'I have a chance to be free, I'll do anything.' She thought to herself. He brought her to the armory and briefed her, not really giving her a name though. "And here is your gear. Come back alive and proof you killed him, and I'll remove your collar and you will be free. Understood?" He asked. "Yes Master." She said as she left the building and the compound.

She started her journey, it was still morning. She took the paths her master showed her to the woods. She figured it would be a good escape route. She traveled till it was noon, she stopped to eat something. She took out her water and some bread, and ate some. After she was done she rested against a tree, taking a brief nap.

Ren had made his way to the next village stopping at the edge of the woods. His vibrant blood red orbs wandered over the tops before checking the ground for tracks of someone trying to cut him off. He deemed it relatively safe and began to walk in listening to everything. His eyes darted to the thick branches above him to looking between them. Ren's gaze would fall on a sleeping figure and sighed softly. He made a false trail going forward when in reality he would double back and use the branches to his advantage. Ren would then wait and see if this was the person they sent after him or if there was another more experienced hunter. His smirk graced his features and stayed faint till he got his answers.

Fyrra sensed another presence and her eyes shot open. She was an excellent tracker, her master taught her too be one of the best. He would use her when he went hunting. She stayed still, but her good eye scanned the area for danger. She didn't see anyone but, definitely felt another person. She stood up and looked at the tracks, right away she knew this was a false trail. She smirked, at the thought that this person tried to fool her. She knew he was hiding somewhere near-by. So she decided to try things a little different. She stood in the open, and looked around. "I know your hiding, so you mine as well come out. Face your death like a man." She said, hoping they would at least reveal their presence.

His smirk grew more when he noticed she stood out in the open calling him out. Ren eyed her with interest but let his smirk grow more she was smart so it was obvious to him that someone from the regime trained her. His thoughts went to his counter move he could tell they were waiting for a sound to give him away. He stayed where he was waiting for the moment he would stay in his spot for a second more realizing they sent a vary seasoned tracker. Ren would then set his gaze on her below his branch was another and he would then eye the farthest branch. Stealthily with great ease and precision he threw a small seed at the farthest branch testing his adversary's reflexes.

She listened, when she heard a sound she threw one of her daggers pinning the seed to the branch. All the while not taking her eye off of the tree, she guessed he was in. She smirked at his little test. She then kneeled to the ground . She could wait there all day. She did not move , her silver slave collar shined in the sun. She waited patiently, as she was raised ,as a slave.

The glint of silver caught his eye and his lips pursed in thought his smirk grew more pronounced. He spoke loud enough to get her attention. "You know killing me doesn't really free you from slavery...the regime is still like being a slave except to those men who want nothing but money and take great pride in shedding blood. For you yes you would be respected but then only for that day. Next time they will use you. Alot of girls in the regime are broken now. They only know one thing." He said letting his words hang in the air for her to interpret if he was telling the truth or lying. Ren then watched her as she waited for him to give himself up. He would admit she had some great reflexes but not enough for him not to be able to outmaneuver.

She knew his words were true, though she was never respected, she discovered first hand. She looked at the tree, she knew for sure he was hiding in. “You think I don’t know? I know what it is like I was sold to an abusive man. He is cruel and uncaring. He lets his friends take advantage of me. And do you think I not know of their ways, how do you think this happened?” She pulled back her bangs covering her left eye. It revealed a scar across her left eye, reaching from her forehead to her chin. Her eye was a milky white, and looked lifeless. “I was not born this way, believe me I know. Any freedom is better than no freedom.” A single tear slid from her clouded eye, down her cheek. She stood up and looked up into the tree. “I can see your eyes, at least you have both.” She stared up, ready for anything.

Ren let his smirk fall and his vibrant blood red orbs looked to her left eye before going to her good eye. A soft sigh escaped his lips. "Then run with me. I can pick a lock. Eyes the color of fresh spilled blood hair as white as snow...You can do so much better then the regime. You could have a life. If he comes for you I'll kill him myself. He knows who my father is. What my father is. What I am half of but if you insist on trying to kill me I will let my rage grow and then a lot of the forest will take years to regrow and that would be a shame." He spoke in a soothing tone trying to dissuade her from her choice. He let his hood fall and stared at her his eyes glimmered in curiosity and he felt his lips move into something unfamiliar or try to before he stopped it. Was I trying to smile? How do you smile again...I can't remember the last time I smiled was with my mom before they killed her. Ren once again let his vibrant blood red orbs wander over her features and his fists clenched in anger he would torture that man if he got the chance for what he did to the woman in front of him.

She thought about what he said, she looked at him, then to the ground. Her hair fell into her face covering her eyes, she started to cry silently. "I tried to be loyal, to be a good girl. I will never be free." She dropped to her knees, her serious facade gone. "You see I can never be free, because you will not be able to take this collar off. It is special, he had it bewitched that only he can take it off, no ordinary tool can unlock it, only a key held by him can unlock it." She said tears streaming down her cheeks, her face still hidden. "I would love to run away, but this collar. It also prevents me from using my gifts, or powers if you will." She said. The knives she was secretly hiding dropped to her sides. Her palms on the dirt. She gripped the dirt as she knelt there. "I am only half human. I don't want to kill you, I prefer to not kill anyone." She looked up at him, her face streaming with tears.

Ren watched her for a moment longer before hoping out of the tree lithely. He listened to her speak and he frowned listening to her words and faint smirk began to grow he took off the cloak he had and handed it to her. "Look...I have an idea...it may seem crazy...but if you really want to be free and use your gifts again I'll do it. Out of faith that maybe you will run with me." He spoke softly as he watched her tears fall he tentatively raised hand to wipe away her tears his expression was one of what he hoped was kindness and that he didn't scare her with his random movements and that she would take in his suggestion. "My name is Ren Kasai." He said hoping to cheer her up.

She flinched at his touch, but only at first. She took the cloak, that he offered. "Thank you." she whimpered. She looked up at him, "I would love to run away with you, but what do you plan to do?" She asked. "My name is Fyrra Flame, and please, please don't make me go back please..." She begged, she grabbed him and buried her face in his chest, crying.

Ren's lips again tried in vain to smile all he could manage was a smirk. His eyebrow rose as he heard her name. "Fyrra that is a nice name." He said feeling his lips move again into the unfamiliar gesture but then stopping. His vibrant blood red orbs widened in surprise when she grabbed him and began to cry into his chest. He wrapped his arms around her and rubbed her back to comfort her. "Hey you don't have to worry about that. We won't at least not until he sends someone after you. Then I will go back and get the key." He spoke trying to soothe her and looked around studying their surroundings carefully. Would he really send her alone?

Fyrra continued to cry into his chest. "It is no use, only he can can unlock it, the key doesn't unlock it. He physically has to hold the key and unlock it, for it to work. And he would never do that, not without your head." She said pulling away and wiping her eyes.She felt cold, and shivered a little. " And I will go with you, escape this life. You are the first person to be kind to me since my mother...." She cut herself off, then looked down. "So what are we going to do?" She asked sniffling.

His expression softened as she cried and he sighed pondering how to get the collar off of her. His lips pursed and he debated taking the man's hand and key. He felt his lips try once more to smile this time he allowed it and it was awkward. Ren looked at her when she said would go with him and his awkward smile grew more. When she asked what they were going to do he looked around the woods for inspiration. "First we will see if he sent someone to tail you and from there we will head to the north away from Sulindal." He spoke letting his eyes wander their surroundings if only for a brief moment then motioned for her to follow him and he pressed his finger to his lips and lead her deeper in. He knew where he was going and it was a part not many knew of.

Fyrra put the cloak on quietly. She looked around and followed him. She was having a little differently with her lacking of depth perception. She stumbled a bit, "we can go to my native land, ShadowDalee. " she whispered, only loud enough for him to hear.

Ren continued to listen out for something but did not give an sign of worry and he nodded to what she whispered. His vibrant blood red eyes surveyed everything around him listening for the one mess up that would give someone away and an arrogant smirk graced his features as soon as a cracking of a branch was heard. He motioned for Fyrra to get behind the nearest tree and stealthily took a dagger from his boot and held it poised and at the ready with silent motivation. Ren's gaze was on the figure as soon as they entered and he three the dagger pinning the hand going for a dagger of his own to the trunk near him. "Should have know they would have sent someone else." He said shaking his head slightly in dismay. His eyes wandered over the figure and began to look over their body for something. Ren would then take a scroll and opened it and scanned the contents. "That man is a fool...trying to kill two birds with one stone..." He said sighing softly.

Fyrra obeyed and hide behind a tree. She watched carefully as Ren threw his knife. She hoped that her master would have trusted her, but he did not. After the figure was pinned to the tree, she came out of her hiding spot. She walked over to Ren, “I..I know him, I was forced to “help” him. He is one of my masters men. His name is Mathias.” She said looking at his pinned form. “What did you mean, two birds with one stone, what does it say?” She asked looking at the paper, curious and confused. She didn’t really know how to read. Her mother taught her a little, but not a lot. And her master forbid her from reading and writing.

Ren looked at Mathais then at Fyrra when she came out and asked what he meant about two birds with one stone. He noted her confused expression as she studied the paper. His gaze went to Mathias then back to Fyrra a frown on his face. "He didn't let you learn to read huh?" He asked and explained to her what the paper said hoping not to hurt her feelings. "He wanted Mathias here to kill you to while you were out. He made it very cryptic in case we caught on. So now I leave the choice to Fyrra. Do we let him live and report back to your master and he realizes you have gone to escape or we kill him and then force him to send out another person in search of him." Ren said giving the choice Fyrra on whether or not to kill the only person who knows their current whereabouts or let him go free.

She looked at Ren and frowned, "No he didn't " She looked down ashamed. Fyrra turned around away from Mathias. She didn't want him to die, no matter what he did to her. She believed that every life was precious, her mother taught her that. She turned back around and looked at Mathias, with sadness in her eyes. She was going to hate herself for her decision. " I hate this, but kill him, if they send another, we will be further away. And hopefully it will be harder for them to track us." She walked away over to a tree. She climbed it and sat at the top, to think.

Ren looked at Fyrra when she looked down in shame. "Don't be ashamed. I will teach you when we are far enough." He whispered to where Mathias wouldn't hear. His gaze remained on Mathias waiting patiently for Fyrra's answer. Ren saw her sad expression and listened to her words. He realized she didn't deserve the life she was in at all. She was to kind and gentle for the regime. His expression darkened at the man who was her master would pay he promised himself that just not now in time. He could learn plenty on the general he knew exactly who his buddy was. The head of the regime answered to his father. And his father was the Lord of the Regime's training grounds. Ren would then proceed over to Mathias grabbing his dagger and slit the man's throat and then listened for the predators who would be roaming about at this hour. He would not rush Fyrra for them to leave he would give her time to think. He leaned against the tree she sat on and waited for her to be ready to leave. His vibrant eyes waiting for the ones who would come investigate the scent of blood. After a few moments he got off the tree and looked at Fyrra once more.

She had started crying when she got up in the tree. After she stared at the birds, she was so envious of them. They were so free to fly, to go anywhere they wanted. She decided it was long enough, so she went back down. She quickly wiped her tears away, but her eyes still red and puffy. She looked around and seen Mathias's lifeless body. She looked away and hugged Ren," He did not deserve to die, but it was a lesser of two evils." She said burring her face in his chest. She was ready to move on. but she felt safe in his arms, she didn't want to let go. She hadn't felt this way since she was ten.

Ren watched her blinking in surprise again when she hugged him. Her red and puffy eyes made him grit his teeth he felt sorry for her and reckoned he wouldn't kill anything unless it was absolutely necessary. He felt different with Fyrra around and he wondered what it would have been like if his mother was alive and if they had gotten out before his father had come for him. Her words spoke a thousand more questions for him. The lesser of two evils...if what he did was evil he didn't want it anymore. To give up being assassin seemed more demanding now that Fyrra was there her outlook on life and how it was so precious brought to light many more questions on how he as a person worked. That awkward smile reappeared on his face and he wrapped her arms around her again resting his chin in her hair before sighing softly and speaking normally. "We should a bear is coming." Ren said giving that awkward smile to her again.