Is my dad wrong or right about Vegetarian? O-O

Guest Pen

Is being a Vegetarian the cause of my health?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay so my dad is a little iffy about me being a vegetarian to be honest he hates it, being a vegetarian means you don't eat meat and to be honest I don't see meat is healthy at all. Okay so, my dad is out of jail and all and my mom is making Tofu Sukiyaki since I don't eat meat, my dad is eating something else, my mom is eating what I'm having and so is my 3 year old little sister. My dad had the guts to come up to me and say, "Being a vegetarian is what's causing your health to get worse and worse." Do you agree or disagree with him? I do have health problems: Asthma, getting weak during winter time (staying in bed can't eat well), high blood pressure, and getting seizures while stressed out. Let me know what you think, I need to hit him upside the head with a frying pan, I will. :3

I see being a vegetarian can be healthy, but he won't listen.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BobCrazy

• Dai

• Aisaka

Top Posters In This Topic

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

I think it's healthy to be vegetarian. You could include some fish if you can eat fish meat just to make him stop accusing you. :D

Veggies are more healthy than meat anyway :)

Well,where to begin. It is true that meat has some things that are good for your body and health. But they can be very well replaced by vegetarian things . Eating plant foods also prevents you from having problems with high fat and cholesterol issues and also not eating meat prevents you a lot from not having some kind of heart diseases and cancer...and so on. I think the problem with your dad is that he just simply doesnt want to accept you being a vegeterian because its out of his comfort zone to eat meals like you would like to eat and he doesnt want to change. its really ...*no words for that* . :) Dont give up. ITs up to you what you are going to eat, not to your father.. I hope he will understand one day

I'm a technical nutritionist, so you can trust in what I will say.

Well, we need to think about no only which nutrients we find in the food, but also how easy it is for our body to absorb that nutrient

the big dilemma with this no meat thing is that meat are know as being a source of Fe. And the Fe that exist in the meat (the red meat, btw, bovine meat) are super easy for our organism to absorb.

Green vegetables also have Fe, but it is hard for us to absorb.

Idk on which grade on school you are but soon or later you will learn about blood, and the erythrocytes. They are the cells of the blood who transport O.

Well, the erythrocytes have Fe in there composition. So, no Fe no erythrocytes. But you need to ask a doctor the real reason of your asthma. But I'm sure that the Fe will help ya.

Other thing.

Any food that came by animals (meat, eggs, milk, and milk derivatives) are rich in protein.

So, here we go again

Idk if you already studied blood and DNA, RNA. But protein are used to create our cell defense.

You said that you are weak in winter, I don't know if you meant because of the asthma or just weak weak.

Hmmm, hypertension

Here is the Na. He will contract the blood vessel. But vegetables are rich in K, it will distend the blood vessel. Just saying.

But again, ask your doctor why you already have hypertension. Sorry ask but how old are you??

Do you eat a lot of fat food?? That's another reason to have hypertension. Our salt in the kitchen are NaCl. Idk if you use a lot of salt... Well, just saying

Hmmm, other thing

FIBERS

vegetables are super rich in fibers, and you know what fibers do??

They accelerate our intestinal flow. So even if you beat a lot of dark green vegetables the nutrients there will not be well absorbed because everything will be transformed into poop faster.

Well, I'm not a meat fan. I barely eat meat, but do what night say and not what I do ok.

We all need to have a balanced diet. We most follow the pyramid of the alimentation every fucking day.

PM me if you need me to explain the pyramid 4 you, will be pleasure. But now I need to take a shower.

Cya, I love your ava.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but I will not vote. I think that you should ask this to a doctor not the ordinary people like us

XOXO

Oh I forgot to ask

Exist three types of vegetarians

People who don't eat bovine & chicken meat. But do eat fish, drink milk, and eat egg

People who don't eat fish, don't drink milk, not egg too.

And have another that big forgot now, sorry.

What exactly you don't eat?? And I'm curious about why too. You could answer at least why in pm, please?

@Dai He does eat meat and seafood, but he doesn't seem healthy but he drinks as well. -shrugs-

@Aisaka: Thanks so much for your help. :3 I think he's wrong too.

@BobCrazy: Wow you sure did type a lot and I had to read it twice in fact! Okay first off I'm 16 years old and I've learned about the whole Blood & DNA - Even though it was so confusing, I studied hard and got a B+ on it lol. What I mean by getting weak during winter is: I end up getting a high fever, get dizzy, and collapse. I have to stay in bed and sometimes it's hard for me to eat. The doctors isn't sure what it is, but they think it may have to be with my High Blood Pressure, but not sure on "how." Anyway -clears throat- I'm not so sure about the whole nutrients in food(s) that much, but I try to eat healthy and I do work out as well.

Everything in food has salt in it but my doctor has told me to cut back as much salt as you can, and start using Sea Salt, it's healthier for you, oh kayy... Isn't that the same? I do have to drink plenty of water because of my high blood pressure, and cut back on caffeine drinks like soda, juice with sugar, coffee, ect. But I also have to stay away because caffeine is what can triggers my seizures as well, go figures. I'm also lactose intolerant I don't think I said that? I can't drink cows milk, but Soy milk is delicious! I can as well eat certain kinds of dairy products.

Really who knows what's wrong with me I'm starting to get use to it, again I'm trying to stay healthy. And thanks, you've helped a lot. :3

- - - Updated - - -

@BobCrazy: When it comes to food I'm picky so I don't meat and seafood really, so I've turned to veggies and fruits - sometimes dessert here and there like Dangos and other yummy dessert, which is also BAD!

I want to scream with your doctor, did he said that you was feeling SYMPTOMS of hypertension ?? Hypertension its an asymptomatic disease, you only know that you have hypertension when you measure your blood pressure.

16yo, too young to have hypertension, mostly if you don't go out eating shit a lot and you work out too. Thats really weird. but I'm not a doctor, but I also don't trust in your doctor, honestly, just saying.

Sorry I was in the mobile version and I didn't saw you location. But Maaaaaan, or Giiiiiiirl. I would give my ass(wait, I'm gay so giving my ass will not be a torture exactly...whatever) to eat seafood with the cheap prize that you guys have in your country why you don't eat it ?? :p

well, Na exist in everything because its used to conserve the food, you just need to avoid industrialized food. Sea Salt have a lot of minerals and not only the NaCl. So, yeah its better use Sea Salty, we have this one here in home too :D

Thank God you like Soy milk, my best friend have a lot of problems with food and allergies too, but he don't like Soy Milk, he called it plant sperm LOL .... whatever

Other people in your family have hypertension, I just can't believe that you ALREADY have this, you are only 16yo. are you fat ?? but I mean

fat ?? Sorry, I just can't believe. Maybe you have low tolerance with salt ...

I meant, hmmmm eerrr.... I already worked in a hospital, I worked side by side with a nephrologist specialized in hypertension, and she have more than 20 years of experience. I heard she saying so many times about that no symptom thing... well she had a friend that was doing a thesis talking about the salt and .... sh*t so hard to say this in english. She was studying that the salt can raise the blood pressure of some people super fast while others have some resistance to salt influence, you know.

ahhhh, I'm sad know. hope you really find a way to control your blood pressure

- - - Updated - - -

oh, I forgot

when I studied blood I did the exam in 20 mins and scored 95/100 :D

- - - Updated - - -

oh, I didn't meant fast I meant FAT, the fat can obstruct the vase blood that's another way to get hypertension and also a CVA ... idk if thats the right abbreviation here we call AVC

- - - Updated - - -

hehehe

so many updates :D

sh*t this means that I talked a lot again

oh I read that cholesterol thing in one comment here, this does not apply to you cause seafood have good fat and omega 3, omega 6, omega 9

Yes, this was me asking you again to eat seafood and fill me with jealous :p

ok I will try to SHUT THE F*CK UP now