The Love Chef w/ Skyxon

azuneko

"Yes sir. Um, my previous employer I really can't discuss here. Its not good to talk about personal things during work. As for the cooking school I aced the classes three years in a row." he said looking over at Toshino's cake design. He began to imitate the same design on the frosted cake before him. I get that notion. If a cake is too heavily decorated it loses what makes it special. The basic tastes on the eyes.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• azuneko

• Skyxon

"A design needs to be like eye candy. Something that keeps the person's eyes on it but not complex where they spend more time trying to understand the design than they do enjoying the rich moist texture of the cake." Toshio smiled as he finished a tray of the cakes and satisfied with their looks. "So now another part of our job here is to make special order cakes. Do you have any skills with using fondant or molding chocolate?" Toshio asked balancing the tray in one hand starting to make his way out into the main showcase.

Yuuji looked at Toshio and nods as he listened to his explanation on cake decorations. Once the cakes were approved by Toshio, Yuuji hears him ask something. "Yes I am familiar with both. I used them at my former employer though I am sure your techniques will be different so I am ready to learn." he said eagerly.

Toshio satisfied with the boy's answered smiled. He walked back into the kitchen with a ticket from Marie. "Curse that woman. She will be the death of me. I tell her not to accept anymore special orders and the customers puppy eye her and she can not deny them." He complained under his breath as he started to read the order. He looked at the last line and fell silent. "Yup... she wants to kill me... Yup.." Toshio sighed and looked at the intern. "This is why you were hired. Now I hope you are ready. We have a few hours to make a fully decorated four tear cake for a birthday party for a boy. He likes soccer, anime, and his dog. I have no idea what we can carve out of fondant. So consider this your third and final test. You are to mold some figures that will fit the things he likes so we can put on the cake. Meanwhile I work on making the cake itself. Can you handle that kid?" Toshio asked already getting the cake pans of four different sizes.

Yuuji looked at Toshio as he was holding a ticket. He had a feeling the cake was something out of this world if he was complaining like this. He smiled upon hearing what it was he'd have to do now. Making figures out of fondant was an enjoyable task for him. "Soccer, his dog and anime...? Sounds easy enough. I'll do my best to not let you down." he said fully prepared for this. Knowing this was his final test, Yuuji had to make sure he didn't screw this up.

Toshio nodded and he started to make the batter. "What was your rank? Meaning at what place did you graduate from cooking school? Top of your class second you know like that. Don't worry it won't matter just trying to make small talk. I was last of my class my teacher even said I had no talent for pastries." Toshio commented as he started to hand mix the batter and put them in the pans to go in the oven.

Yuuji looked over at him. "I was top of my class with high marks. I was called a prodigy among my classmates. I seriously despise it to my hearts content. I am no such thing yet I was instantly given such a hack job title." he says with a sigh as he looked at Toshio. 'I just love to bake with all my heart but no way I'll say it aloud...' he thinks to himself

Toshio nodded. "Ah so you were a little boy baker prodigy. That's allot of bull. I can make anything that is taught out of a textbook. I got low marks because i tried being original. Make a simple fruit cake they said. I made them a fruit cake drizzled with caramel and chocolate and small dark chocolate flakes. I got marked on it being too complicated. I didn't see the judges complaining about it as they were scarfing it down. But hey whatever. They can teach all they want but you do not learn by books but by experience." He finished as he set the batter in the pans and into the oven and looked over to the figurines the intern was making.

Yuuji continued to work on the figures. He sort of ignored Toshio a bit as he didn't care to hear about how the other defined his cooking skills let alone his own. "If they didn't like it based on your additions then there's nothing you can do about it. You've clearly proven to them by now that you were better than any grade they could have possible given to you. Forget about it as you are no longer in such a school to worry about it." he said hoping to not upset the other but to simply prove an obvious point.

• 2 weeks later...

Toshio nodded and continued his work on the cake and then started the frosting. He looked at the recipe on the card and frowned. They wanted a such plain frosting it would be hard to spark it up and then looked at the figurines that Yuuji was making for the cake. So far they were starting to look great. He stopped worrying about the cake and went on to make the best of the simple frosting. "So what does your family thing about you becoming a pastry chef?"

Yuuji works silently until the other asked him a question. "They would probably be really proud. Its hard to ask them in person though. I doubt I'd get a clear response." he said with a light chuckle. He didn't want to think on such a topic. He went back to being silent as he finished up the last two figurines. "Should I make more or will these do?" he asked.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Toshio glanced over to the boys working table and started to examine the two figurines that had already been made by the boy. He was surprised in truth. He had never come across a baker so young that could already mold figurines like this. Even he himself had taken along time to get to this caliber of molding. "This will do just perfect. Now we wait for the cake to be done and then we decorate. Its usually a runners job to go deliver the cakes but we have none. So we will have to deliver the cake." Toshio stated.

Yuuji smiled as his work was given a nice remark. He was glad his skills were paying off so wonderfully. He'd have hated to come thus far only to fail in the end. "So are we both going to deliver it or just one of us?" he asked not sure if one person alone could carry such a cake.

Toshio thought about it for a while and then looked at the boy and the cake. "There is no way someone of your size can carry a cake this big. Plus it would be best if I went with you to your first delivery. I can acess your costumer skills and teach you the exact peocedure to delivering a cake. So come on its cold. We should have new company jackets in the front ask Marie for one and meet me in the back where the truck is." Toshio odered. " Make sure to ask her for the address"

Yuuji walked over to the side and went to talk with Marie. "Excuse me. Uh, I need one of the company jackets and the directions to deliver the cake. If you aren't too busy." he said waiting patiently. Once he was given the items he went back to the back room. "I have the address and the jacket. Are you ready to go?" he asked with a smile.

Toshio was alreafy loading the cake into the back of the truck and looked at the boy. "Yes. Lets get going." Toshio made his way to the driver seat and looked at the boy. " Well come on. I need you to be my GPS. " he laughed and started up the truck.

Yuuji nods as he gets into the truck. "I shall lead the way. I actually know a short cut to this street so we will arrive in a fashionably early time." he said looking at Toshio. He only knew the road as he once traveled upon it. He gave easy and swift directions and soon they arrived.

Toshio nodded and started driving the directions that Yuuji gave him. He looks carefully so he doesn't hit any pot holes or that would be horrible for the cake in the back. "So is this the first time you have ever delivered a cake or have your past employers ever sent you out?" Toshio asked trying to make some conversation since it was getting awkward in the car.

"This isn't my first delivery. Though I would say its my first huge cake delivery." Yuuji said as he points out the house. "It seems we have arrived. Shall we deliver this cake?" he said undoing his seat belt. Yuuji wanted to deliver the cake as soon as possible. He didn't care to stay too long in the neighborhood they were in.