First attempt at digital sketching ^_^

Dev

Hi all :)

I really wanted to draw something and thought why not post it here! I have never drawn directly onto a tablet before or ever attempted "inking" so this is my first attempt. I find it easier to draw with a pencil -_-"

This isn't great but... Let me know what you think!

Untitled-1+copy.jpg

To date I have mostly drawn females so this is my 3rd male face drawn, EVER lol. I used the same pose another person has used (saved the picture in my pose inspiration folder on my desktop). I put a bit too much lip colour and left the skin white (getting the skintone colour was murder).

Thank you for stopping by!

TC,

Dev

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev

• Anic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it, really like the coloring :)

And for your first time I say that it looks like you have done this before ;) ( )

I like it, really like the coloring :)

And for your first time I say that it looks like you have done this before ;) ( )

Thank you :)

I think it took me 3 hours to draw that though LOL I installed Photoshop 7 (I didn't like Art Rage 2 much... it was pre-installed). It felt very unnatural, the cursor was 1mm ahead of my pen tip on the screen so drawing accurately was a mission XD

I have been looking into how I could do more professional "inking" and going to try using the Pen Tool. Will update this post with the new picture I work on.