your opinion of this ?

strixchuu

Hello guys !

Recently I showed the anime and manga "Kuroko no basuke" to a friend and four or five days after watching and reading he asked me "this is a yaoi or shonen ai ?".

I think that's not a BL but he said the opposite -_-'.

And you ? that is your opinion about this ?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KonekoHime

• strixchuu

• Tsetsua

• Elii

A similar question was asked from me, a friend asked me if Kuroko no Basket was a yaoi, because of all the time she spends on her tumblr, her dash is usually fill with KNB ships, so she has automatically assumed KNB was a yaoi anime

• 2 weeks later...

Not really I mean that's not it's intention originally. but since you know have guys sweating and working together on a sports team ;) something is bound to be subtexty. sorry that's all I got :_red_fox 14 but though it's not in the genre I think you can still decide how you see the relationships, so whatever you feel what's going on with those boys, is your opinion, go ahead think what you like! that didn't answer the question did it?

I don't think it yaoi nor shounen-ai, it's a shounen anime and even my older brother had watch it and gave his comment that he like Kuroko no Basket and even skip his study just to watch it till the end, he can't concentrate his study if he haven't finish the anime, so I don't think it's a yaoi ^_^

STILL

sometimes my mind just can't stop from imagining its a yaoi tho TTvTT

Haha sorry for saying too much (i think?)

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

no you don't saying to much XD

Yes that's answer to my question a little, I just want the thinking of people about this ^^

This is an over reason which make people thinking that's a yaoi -_-'

• 2 weeks later...

Negative, though my imagination and inner-instincts shout YAOI alert. All of the boy's in school read and talk about it, normally. They even laughed it out when I showed them a picture of Kuroko and Kagami kissing. In fact, the other one said, "Girl's do give meaning to ordinary gestures..." They do bro-fists, hugs of victory, intent gazes, tears of joy...but that's it, no deeper meaning to it.

So it's really a fraction of a fujoshi's imagination to make KnB a yaoi genre though it's not.

It's not a yaoi or shounen-ai but I wish it was though. xD But I'm a big fan of Kuroko no Basuke. \(^.^)/

I once encounter a KnB fan in one of their fanpage and some of the admins there are posting yaoi stuff about it and that fan didn't like it, some though like it (maybe a fujoshi) and that fan explain that once you read or watch yaoi, your mind will be full of it and interpret the other non-yaoi a yaoi. You know what I mean? lol. I hope you get what I want to say. xD But I think it's true. Most of what I'm reading/watching with bromance, I have this feeling that it's yaoi and I like it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think is not yaoi or shounen ai. It's only anime about sports like many others xD But good boys characters are inspiration fot yaoi fans ;D

I agree with Tsetsua and Elii, it's not a yaoi, neither shonen-ai. Once you have an anime full of hot guys though, it's bound to be thought of having an inclination towards shonen-ai. However, that's only in the realm of fanfiction and doujinshi. For those who like these genres, it has an affiliation to BL, but for every other person, it's perfectly straight anime promoting a strong will and teamwork. But yes, ... I really wish there would be a shonen-ai or yaoi version :_red_fox 15

• 1 month later...

Well as the genre was stated, Kuroko no Basuke are definitely not shounen-ai nor yaoi. My friend asks me the same questions as well whether Kuroko no Basuke is yaoi. Maybe, they misunderstood because of all that sparkly scene that was meant for fangirls and all :cuteonion41: But Kuroko no Basuke is STRAIGHT.

I'd hope for it to be yaoi though rabbit7 kuroko x everyone !!!

• 5 months later...

It's true that there are lots of hot guys who are really close to each other. But instead of calling it "yaoi" or "shounen-ai", i would say it has "bromance". But it would be nice if it was yaoi or at least shounen-ai..