Painting the Snow in Red

Fmkitty

Title: Painting the Snow in Red

Fandom: King of Fighters

Characters: Iori Yagami, Kusanagi

Summary:

It seems that ‘Nagi has finally caught his dream prey.
What will he do with it?
Will he finish his victim or do something else with it?
Read and find out~

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Somewhere in an old, abandoned construction site.

The snowflakes are gracefully dancing in the gray sky filled with clouds.

Upon reaching the silent scenery, which lingers in the submerging smoke, some snowflakes land and immediately melt away on one tanned brunette.

As he looks down on his newest victim, he smiles while his crimson eyes glow with natural excitement.

Even right now, the lingering sensation of the blood running down his fingertips thrills him, and he refuses to wipe them and lets them drip on the untainted snow, dying it in the same color as his slain opponent.

A second later, Kusanagi spreads his palm and sticks out his tongue like a cat.

After cautiously tasting his opponent’s blood, he freezes for a moment before breaking into a smile of delight.

As the tanned brunette enjoys licking off fingers, he comments in a nearly purring-like voice. “… So sweet~ Even your blood tastes so good.”

Soon, Kusanagi squats next to the weak and exhausted redhead.

“C’mon, don’t tell that all you got? Hey, stand up~” the tanned brunette addresses him while ignoring his wounds.

After he receives no response, he grabs Iori by his shirt and brings him close to his face. “Hey… Please don’t ignore me.”

As Yagami stares at him with blank eyes, Kusanagi lowers his head and grinds his teeth.

“Even if I finally defeated you, you're still down on me!” the frustrated brunette adds before roughly tossing his plaything on the ground.

Meanwhile, Iori only weakly grunts, without bothering to fight back or move even a single muscle in his body.

For sure, it makes ‘Nagi stand up and scream at the top of his lungs. “STOP TAKING ME SO LIGHTLY!”

A second hasn’t passed, and a lonely construction site already absorbed his voice.

Meanwhile, Yagami allows the falling snowflakes to cover his body with the snow blanket, which is almost as warm as his body.

Besides, he understands that any resistance or the slightest movement will only agitate his opponent, and he doesn’t have the strength or will to fight.

After all, he already lost. What’s the point of proving otherwise? That’s why it’s better to exit with dignity.

He also believes that ‘Nagi will still play with his corpse, anyway. So why he should be enabling this stray cat that hunts for pleasure and has too much unused energy?

Speaking of cats, he wonders if Kyo hasn’t forgotten to feed Oreo and keep its litter box clean. That’s all he cares for.

But for now, Iori slowly blinks and silently exhales while staring at the gray sky.

Instead of this world, he sees an image of his partner playing with their adopted kitten, the only remaining light in this world.

Yet, his further thoughts are interrupted by a familiar voice. “You know, I gonna break another bone if you gonna keep ignoring me.”

As Kusanagi rubs his nape and keeps his hand in his pants pocket, he sends a powerful kick to Iori’s side, making his body roll on his stomach.

While he stops on his opponent’s back, he adds. “Tsk. Ya even stopped reacting. Don’t tell me you gave up?”

After ‘Nagi removes his foot, he lowers his head and bites his lower lip. “You’re no fun at all. If that was that good-for-nothing original, you might be still full of energy. And so much of the Red Demon with the corrupted flame for ya…”

Kusanagi kneels close to the fallen Iori and turns him on his back. “You’re cold.”

After he places his arm behind Yagami’s back, he brings him closer.

At that moment, the tanned brunette softens his gaze and brushes the clotted bangs from his opponent’s face.

After he sighs, he brushes his fingertips against Yagami’s lips and the corners of it.

But for now, he enjoys tracing the blood down his cheek and neck.

Surely, the tanned brunette slowly admires his plaything.

To think of it, Iori is no different from the porcelain doll. Therefore, he also needs to be treated as one.

No. Yagami is far prettier than any of these or any living woman ever will. Even with these bruises over his face and body, he looks beautiful.

More so, that bright red suits his pale skin, as if it’s a perfect make-up made just for him. Or so Kusanagi thinks while painting the redhead in the same color as his hair and admiring his work.

When his fingers slide down to his black choker, ‘Nagi comments in a sweet voice. “You know, unlike the original, there is something that only I can do.”

After he ignites his finger, the tiny orange flame dances on it.

As the fire touches the choker, it immediately releases Yagami’s throat and sinks into the snow.

“See? You are free from him. So, you don’t have to chase after him anymore.” Kusanagi adds.

When he places his palm on Iori’s cheek, he asks. “Hey, can you look at me for at least once?”

After receiving no answers, the tanned brunette withdraws his palm and turns his gaze away.

At that moment, he can’t understand why he is so frustrated. But he doesn’t want to show his vulnerable side.

Unfortunately, ‘Nagi’s unusually shaky voice betrays him. “You’re so cruel… You know that, right?”

But for now, he cracks a bitter smile. “Well, whatever. As if it any of that matters anymore. Besides…”

When Kusanagi leans close to Iori, he whispers. “I like you. That’s why~”

Meanwhile, Iori is swallowed by the darkness, and the outer world ceases to exist for him.

Even there, he remains immobile, without having control over his body or feeling anything - no sadness, no fear, no regrets, no happiness, no nothing.

Suddenly, a ray of light shines on him.

It’s so warm and strangely calms him down.

Soon, he notices one Kusanagi greeting him with a kind smile. “Welcome back.”

However, something is wrong.

When Iori attempts to lift his arm and reach for him, not a single muscle in his body moves.

All he can do is only silently spit the pitiful words.

A second later, Kyo widens his eyes in shock, and his face darkens upon realizing something.

“Wait… What are you doing here? You were not supposed to be here… Not yet.” The brunette addresses him.

Kyo only closes his eyes before pushing him away. “Leave. You do not belong here. It’s still too early for you, you fool. Return when your time will come!”

In the end, Yagami regains control over his body and desperately tries to reach Kyo while he falls until he disappears.

But for now, while Kusanagi drags Iori by the back of his collar, he checks on him and smiles.

“Oh~ So, our sleeping beauty decided to wake up? Good.” the tanned brunette remarks on Yagami’s twitching limbs and his faint groaning.

At that moment, Iori only stares with his lowered head at the distancing scenery.

“You know, I would take you home. However, you will scare my boys. But don’t worry. We’ll find you a nice place.” Kusanagi adds in a cheerful voice.

In the end, a strong wind rises, growing into a storm that hides this couple.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fmkitty

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days