Captive Hearts - (Private RP) Sayuri86 X KoBu

Sayuri86

Summary:

Though taken from the wild by poachers, Vajramani was saved from the illegal pet and fur trade by an organization devoted to studying and rehabilitating various endangered species. He's initially very weak and is moved to a special facility so he can be treated for his physical and psychological injuries.

After a long process of recovery, he passed his physical exams and due to his well-built physique, he is selected for a naga breeding program in order to rehabilitate the species.

During this new phase, he is assigned a new caretaker, a young biology graduate who's both nervous and excited to work on this pioneering project. Fannor is now in charge of monitoring Vajramani's evolution health-wise, sample collecting and overall finding out more about his mating habits and emotional capacity as this is a shy species.

The young researcher is also advised to be careful and keep his distance from the naga because he will someday have to be released in the wild.

Though nervous at first to work with such a huge, strong specimen, the researcher is reassured by Vajramani's calm and willing demeanor, allowing him to perform physical checkups and milk him for sperm samples with ease. They also have a simple communication system through sign language and a more complex relationship between them eventually blooms.

~-~-~-~-~

Spoiler

BloodedLunacy%20-%20Vajramani%20-%20OC%2

Name: Vajramani
Height: while standing 189cm (or 6'2); from the top of his head to the tip of his tail he is about 10,6 meters long (almost 350 ft)
Type/breed: blue diamond-back (fictional species); constrictor; non-venomous.
Likes: Peace and quiet; nature; eating fruit; taking care of his partners in every way possible and make them feel loved and wanted; to be left alone most of the time.
Dislikes: Rude and loud people, fighting, invasion of his territory or strangers barging in and bothering his mates, human poachers.

The laboratory complex was gigantic to say the least, and every bit as bewildering on the inside, similar to a hospital of sorts, with all their spotless, white corridors, men and women walking about in their labcoats and serious expressions while discussing whatever topic sprang from the paperwork they looked over. And just like a hospital, it had its patients and case studies.

This groundbreaking project was developed by a group of scientists who blessedly got funds from several investors and wildlife conservation ONGs, hoping to save and rehabilitate a particularly elusive species that had fallen victim to the exotic pet and fur trade. Half-man, half-snake, nagas were hunted for their precious antlers and the beautiful patterns of their scales and sometimes even the treasures they kept were a target. Tribes were hunted down and separated, many would be killed and flayed on the spot. The few that remained would wander alone in the jungle until they died from their wounds or would be found, darted, and taken back to the facility.

“There you are. You must be Fannor, we were expecting you.” - one of the men in the lab coats towered over the young graduate. He wore a stern glance behind his glasses as if he was inconvenienced by how long the boy took to find his way through the seemingly identical hallways. - “Come along now, I’ll take you to your dorm room.”

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sayuri86

• KoBu

Top Posters In This Topic

"I know I look like Casper's cousin but no need to look at me like that, my father was a  glowstick and my mother was a gallon of milk." Jokes.... Jokes at his expense may not be the best way Fannor should introduce himself in a brand new lab facility. But it was second nature by this point! Spending your whole life getting stares for how you look will make you ...

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Well it makes you take a funny sense of humour. 

"Dorm rooms? Does that mean I should expect a roommate now or in the near future?" Fannor asked as he followed the man. "Now that I think about it, what's your name? You know who I am but I haven't the foggiest who you are? Will we be working together for me to be asking?" The albino stares at the man expecting some form of answer. 

"Do we study just the Naga here or are there others like them? Will I be getting a group or do I have one to start?" Fannor had spent many nights asking himself these questions. He study, crammed, spending countless hours preparing himself for today and was at last here! Standing in the galls of the building he stared at from the outside. 

Still following after what he assumes is going to be his supervisor in the labs, Fannor wonders "Can I meet one? Right now?" 

The tall, black haired lab assistant raised an eyebrow at the young graduate’s sense of humor. With his fine features, he was definitely handsome behind those glasses, but that stone-face of his made it difficult for someone to judge him as particularly friendly. 

“If you’re as good working with the animals as you’re at cracking bad jokes, you must be a genius. No wonder the Professor was talking about you earlier.” - he said with disinterest as he led the way, not even giving Fannor a second glance.

“To you I’m Dr. Hojo, I’m a senior lab assistant and your supervisor around here, which means that if you happen to do as much as sticking a toe out of line, you’ll answer to me, and that includes asking too many questions.” - he continued. The annoyance in his tone was almost tangible at this point.

Eventually, they reached the area destined for the live in workers of the facility. Hojo looked around for a moment and took a key from a small set he had in his pocket to open one of the doors. He explained that was now Fannor’s room.
“You’ll find your lab coat, a toothbrush and towels over the bed. You may want to freshen up but be quick, the Professor wants to meet you shortly.” - he said.
Hojo might be a stick in the mud but he was also patient enough to wait for his new subordinate to get ready so he could lead him back to the Professor.

Fannor stares at the man for a moment. " You never made Santa's nice list as a child did you?" He snickers as he dropped his bag and scampers to his bathroom. "If this is a lab, how do figure anything out without asking questions Mr. Hojo? Nobody gets anywhere just staying quiet and frowning as much as you do." 

A quick face wash and Fannor was back out and smiling at Hojo

"A question asked is an answered learned, yes?" And proceeds to lead the way ... In possibly the wrong direction. "Well come on, can't leave the big boss waiting yes  yes? Dépêchez-vous"

Fannor follows along relatively quiet after that, taking in the hallways and corridors. Keeping eyes out for any possible open doors to peek inside of, windows to look through and possibly catch a glimpse of any creatures he'll be working with. At one point he saw a spill of some suspicious looking neon liquid being cleaned up. " ..... I wanna touch that..... I'm gonna touch that." And goes over to inspect said spillage, the janitors looking horrified.

Hojo shook his head in annoyance as he saw Fannor walking a few steps in the wrong direction and then grabbed the boy by the back of his collar only to point him the other way as if rerouting an overexcited wind-up toy.

“It will all come to you in due time.” - he sighed while motioning him to follow along. Soon they entered the area where all it happened. More and more corridors and hallways but this time with a change of view. From the half up, the white concrete walls turned into thick windows of glass and acrylic and on the other side, wide and varied tropical habitats could be seen, filled with luxurious flora and rocks, all the resident nagas needed for their comfort and swift recuperation, namely, safe spaces they could crawl into and hide from prying eyes if they so desired. Indeed, the study of this reclusive species was a task of patient. 

“As you know, in the wild nagas live in groups or dens with a determined hierarchy, usually a dominant male and a harem of females or hermaphrodite males in some cases. But for safety reasons each of the specimens that enter the project are kept in their own terrarium while recuperating. No one likes to be forced to befriend others, I guess I can agree with that.”

As he noticed Fannor was not by his side, Hojo rushed to get the boy away from the spillage, pulling him by the back of the collar again like one would do a rambunctious pup.
“Didn’t I tell you not to make trouble? If you keep like this I’ll send you to study the basic lab safety practices instead of working with the animals. Now stay close.”

They had walked along a bit further when a young male naga that seemed to be following the two humans from his side of the glass, suddenly attempted to jump-scare them, hissing while attacking the glass. The impact was loud and menacing but Hojo didn’t seem to bat an eye at the furious snake. That probably happened a lot. Then, as suddenly as he appeared, the naga slithered away to hide into the foliage, barely leaving a trace from his black and red tail.

“They can be extremely territorial, the young ones, and while many are venomous, others are strong enough to squeeze your entrails out of you and shatter every single bone in your body along the way. So, pick your poison.” - He said while opening a sort of automatic door with his hand print.
“Professor, the new graduate is here.”  - Hojo announced into the study, but soon he realized he was speaking to no one as the study was completely empty apart from the clutter of papers, books and folders.

“Not again…”

“Not to fret boy, here I am.” - a cackling voice sounded from behind the mess and suddenly a pile of books detached from the mountain and started to walk on its own, or so it seemed. Upon a second look, at the foot of said pile was a short, stout old man carrying the hard-cover tomes.

“Sir, I’d rather you wouldn’t do that again, I thought that…”
“Yes, yes, yes, that I wandered into a terrarium on my own again, and that is NOT allowed.” - the old man concluded the sentence, doing a poor imitation of Hojo’s manner of speaking in the last bit, just before he put down the books and addressed Fannor at last.

“Don’t worry, son, he’s always a blast at the lab's Christmas parties. By the way, Archimedes I. Jenkins at you service dear boy.” - the professor greeted by offering his hand to shake. The old man had a huge white mustache and his eyebrows were so bushy one could barely see his eyes.

“You two lads have come in an impeccable timing. I was just heading out for sample collecting.”

Hojo rolled his eyes. As usual, his intuition was right. The old man did intend to venture into one of the enclosures by himself again.

“Come along now, step lively you two. Breeding season waits for no one you know!”

"You know technically you said I was asking t[o many questions you never said anything explicit about staying out of trouble" Fannor counters as he feels the tugging of his shirt. "Couldn't this count as assault? Because if your trying to hang me out to dry you do not make a very good clothes line." 

Regardless, Fannor was already having a great deal of fun looking around and raking in the sight of the building.... Despite his new role as what seems to be a sack of potatoes. Until he was startled by the banging of glass. " OOOOhhhhhhhh~ big boy danger noodle!!" Fannor immediately smooshed his face against the glass to try and get a closer look! "Cmon do it again!! Lemme see it in action!" The albino looked around for a nearby door to try and go into one of the enclosures, he wanted a better look!! He need to see those patterns on the scales!! But sadly... Hojo pulled him away before he could find a proper opening. 

The professor though.... Fannor smiled, laughing at the professors jab at Hojo. "I find that hard believe, this guy? The only thing stiffer than him is a corpse. But I am absolutely honored to meet you Mr. Jenkins! I looked forward to working and studying at the labs!" Fannor held out his hand to shake, little barely there wisps of steam seeming to float languidly above his fingers for the briefest moment. 

At the mention of sample collecting, Fannor stepped along side Professor Jenkins. "What kikd of samples are extracting? Because if I could be so bold, I saw a red and black Naga on our way here I'd like a closer look at it! He tried to attack through the glass!" 

Spoiler

sita_sheet_2_by_bloodedlunacy_dgcfvc9-pr

Name: Sita
Height: while standing 168cm; from the top of his head to the tip of his tail he is about 7,6 meters long
Type/breed: black blood-drop (fictional species); highly venomous.
Likes: Hojo; bullying and making fun of humans at every chance he gets; he enjoys sex shamelessly.
Dislikes: To be in the terrarium; being bossed around by humans; getting his physicals taken.

Luckily, the Professor had a different approach to Fannor’s questions.

“Interesting you should ask dear boy! That plucky one you saw earlier must be Sita. He is usually Hojo’s responsibility, actually but I thought I wanted to have a look at him myself, he must have already finished shedding and should be in a good mood. So we’ll be looking for skin shedding, maybe we can have some genetic material as well.” - the old man wondered, but it was Hojo who was seemingly displeased with that last possibility judging by the faint grunt he let out. 

Sita’s terrarium really was a stonethrow away from where they were and once again, Hojo placed his hand onto a small screen so the door accessing the terrarium would open.

A mortal silence was all that came from the habitat.

“You stay here, this snake is testy enough as he is.” - Hojo ordered Fannor, but was promptly interrupted by the old man.

“Let the boy win his spurs now, would you Hojo? It will be good for him to watch and learn for himself what to look out for and read the terrain, and it’s never too early to learn good habits.” - the professor smiled, or at least one would think that since it was unclear under all that facial hair. He then led the way into the habitat.

“Well now, as you can see, Fannor. Nagas enjoy resting in nests they make with the foliage they find around them, much like some primates, and they do a fresh one every time.” - he pointed at a couple of nests that had clearly been used already.
Then the Professor’s attention was attracted to something around one of the trees

“Oooh, and what do I spy? That is clearly the remains of his old skin.” - he took the long strip of dry, husk-like skin and examined it in his hands - “It’s few hours old I should say now.”

The farther the three of them ventured into the terrarium, the more unnerved Hojo grew.

“I would advise against this with this one, Professor. Sita’s venom is…”
“I know, I know, powerful enough to kill a full grown elephant in 3 hours. It comes with the job, isn’t that right? yet it wouldn’t hurt for you to have a little more fun with your work. Plus, the boy is with me right? What harm could ever come to hi-ooops?!”

Before the old man could finish his sentence, a huge vine pulled him up towards one of the treetops, keeping him suspended upside down, no different from a smoked ham.
From the foliage at the top of the tree, a sound, triumphant laugh could be heard as Sita amused himself with the fact some stupid two-legged fell into one of his traps… again.

“See? I told you he was in good humor today. Very naughty too though.”

The naga climbed down the tree with agility and slithered towards the other two humanoids, adopting an arrogant, proud stance as he locked his glance on Hojo.

The senior assistant motioned towards Fannor without taking his eyes from the menacing creature measuring him and ordered.
“Take the Professor down and leave the enclosure. Now.”

Fannor heard the leaves rustling before hearing the professor yelp. The snickering came just before. The albino turns and stares in awe at the massive creature that comes slithering from the foliage. 

He hears Hojo say something, it came out sounding muffled as a ringing took over Fannor's ears. The younger researcher steps forward carefully, calmly. 

Fannor is well aware this naga is hostile but he didn't feel any rral hostility. This naga was just ... acting out like a teenager with hovering parents. Sita was just bored and pent up from being in this enclosure. 

Holding up his hands, Fannor speaks gently, firmly "Hey... There's no need to snare the old professor. What's the matter? I can't imagine it's very fun sitting in here all day, is it?" Fannor holds eye contact with Sita as he takes one step closer each time until he's just a few paces away. "Can I take the old man down? Then we'll leave you be, is that a deal?" Fannor asks. After all whether he liked it or not this was Sita's home, and Fannor knew better than to disrespect any creature in it's territory. He offers what he hopes is a friendly smile. "Mr. Hojo, you normally handle him right? Come forward a moment, and relax your shoulders you tensing like that isn't going to be of much help. Sita is just being a little spiteful because he didn't get to spook you earlier, isn't that right Sita?" Fannor snickers a little, maybe bringing Hojo in will lighten the fiesty Naga's mood..... Or Fannor spelled his own doom either his first day has already proven interesting.