Looking for long(ish?) series recommendations

Split Reed

I'm starting to run out of reading material (rather, I'm re-reading series now) so looking for suggestions matching the following criteria:

1) Shifters/vampires (magic is okay, random gods are okay, demons/angels etc) - yes, multi-series universes are fine [yes, I will take aliens if necessary]

2) Preferably at least 20 books (then I have several days before I run out of reading material again)

3) Preferably fairly easy to get hold of [doesn't matter if they're much older books or new ones]

Optional: mpreg (prefer if only rare species can do it or some random is from a god line or heck, Fate just thought it would be funny as otherwise you end up with hundreds of babies and the author will typically start forgetting people's names).

To give you a better idea of what I'm after:

NOT any series by Jackie Nacht.  I find her chars aren't just up against enemies, they're up against unbeatable enemies, and anytime they make a bit of progress the enemies get hugely stronger (and since she seems to drop series partway through, the "heroes" never seem to win and just face annihilation, often getting tortured in the process.)

Ann-Katrin Byrde's Mercy Hills.  Good series, very "realistic" - the problem is it's so damn realistic that since everyone starts at the very bottom of the pile (they're basically only one step up from slavery), no matter how much progress they make, it's likely to be three or four generations before they're counted the same as humans and I don't like insurmountable odds.  Too much of that in real life.

Series/Authors I like:

Alice Winters (most of the time)

B A Stretke (yes, I know you can't upload his stuff here, but aside from him rarely using punctuation, his style is pretty good)

Lynn Hagen's Bracverse

Catherine Lievens' Whitedell/Gillham etc universe

Charlie Richards' Stone Ridge universe

J D Light's Chosen universe

Olivia Black's Silver Bullet universe

Hope that's enough to give you a lead on what I'd be interested in.  I don't mind villains.  I do mind when the villain escapes because they don't deal with him/her quickly enough (if you didn't kill them off the first time and they escape, you'd better be damn sure you kill them off when you next catch them instead of putting them into an "inescapable" cell like the one they escaped from last time.)  Peril is great.  Angst, not so much (a little is tolerable but too much and it ends up in my "why the hell did I read this, never read again" pile).  Bad guys getting killed off is awesome.  I prefer it if the good guys don't, even if they're left with permanent scars/injuries.

Thanks in advance!  (I will let you know if you nominate a series I already have.)

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Split Reed

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic