LIGHT Corrupted World

Kitachippy

Summary: Can love be born in the worst situation? Luka and Liam are nothing but experiments but how are they reflected in each others eyes?

It has already been five years having to sit in this cellar…no purpose whatsoever. It’s been a long time since I've been put in here. I want to be free…but I just have to wait…and wait…until I get stronger…

A laboratory, that no one dares to accuse. A laboratory, that neither the army nor government can take down. This corrupted world that just cares about money. This laboratory that takes human bodies…not caring if they’re alive or not…and turning them into monsters…

A world that lived no demons, no war, and not even a negative thought…turned completely upside down…

I leaned against the wall of my cellar twiddling my hair. Due to all the experiments, my hair turned form black to white. My eyes also turned from blue to red. I haven’t been outside this laboratory for such a long time. I wondered if the world changed…It probably did…

A bell sounded. A door opened in my cellar. In this lab, we have rankings. The top ranks are called Perfects, a perfect finished project. Next, the Processors, just a little lower than the Perfects. They are projects that are not quite finished. Then finally the Unneeded, projects that are typically just testers for the higher ranks. The Professor’s lowest priority. They just stay in the lab so they can be tested on to make sure an experiment wouldn’t kill a Processor. Me? I’m an Unneeded…just a “toy” for the others.

I walked through the door that opened in my room. It lead to the food area for all the projects. The food wasn’t that bad…unless I just got used to this hell’s food.

“Luka!” someone called. I glanced over. It was 0580, another project. Because of his weird lab name, I called him by his real name, Lian. He was actually the son of this lab’s owner. I guess he hasn’t had an experiment done on his for a long time…

“What is it?” I asked. Lian smiled at me happily. I did not understand how he could be so happy here. He smiled as if we were normal humans outside. “How are you so happy?”

Lian stopped smiling for a second, then smiled again. He looked at me, his gaze so soft. “Might as well be happy in a place like this…if we can’t be happy in a place outside…” Lian smiled and grabbed my hand, “Shall we go eat?” he began leading me to the lunch area. I stared at the back of his head wondering…wondering how he can be like that. “Stupid…” I mumbled.

Luka walked over to me with his tray full of food. “You’re not going to eat?” he asked. I sat on the lunch bench quietly.

“I don’t need that food.” I replied.

“Then what are you going to eat?” he cocked his head to the side as he sat next to me.

I reached in my pocket and pulled out a jar filled with pills and placed it in front of Lian.

“Ah…this won’t do, Luka.” He frowned, “why would you eat this stuff if there is good food over here?”

Good food? I thought. How is food here good? I grabbed the jar of pills and took two pills out. Lian grabbed my wrist before I could eat the pills.

“Eat this.” Lian placed an apple in front of me. Lian took the pills from my hand and threw them in the trash.

“You…” I glared at Lian. Lian smiled at me happily.

“From now on, you will eat good foods, ok?” Lian pointed at me playfully.

I stared at him silently. “…Fine.” I sighed. Lian grasped my hands and grinned. Lian let go of my hands and began eating his food. He seemed so happy. Why doesn’t he ever think of the things that I think? Doesn’t he want to escape? Does he not want to be free? “Hey…Lian…do you ever think of escaping?”

Lian stopped eating and looked at me with a concerned expression. “Luka…don’t.” Lian turned me towards himself, “It’s way to risky!” he yelled.

I stared at his expressionless. “Lian…” I sighed, “I’m not planning to…” I turned back around. Lian’s face brightened. I wanted to be free, and to get away from this place. I grabbed the apple Lian gave me and pushed my lips against it. Should I eat this?

Before I could take a bite, a hand grabbed the apple. The hand crushed that apple above my head. Lian jumped away quickly. I quickly turned around and tried to seize the man’s throat. The man was with other people. I looked at the man’s face. As I thought, it was a Perfect. One of the stronger Perfects, Project CM. He was one of the top ten projects. CM smirked as he looked down at me while grasping my arm. I tried to pull my arm away him.

“Looks like you have pretty good plan.” CM glanced at Lian who jumped back to avoid the juices of the apple spraying him. Lian seemed nervous.

“What plan?” I replied.

CM lowered his face to mine. “To escape of course…but you know?” CM stuck out his tongue at me. “I can’t let you go just yet…our boss won’t be happy.”

I smirked. “Well, that doesn’t matter to me does it?”

“What?”

“If I escape…the only one who will be getting scolded…is you.”

CM exploded in anger. “You dare say that to me!” He threw his fist at me.

I touched my cheek that received the impact of CM’s fist. I sat on the ground staring up at the monster. CM smiled a fiendish smile and lifted my chin. “You should learn you’re place…” CM grabbed my throat, and laid me on the table. Lian stared at us not knowing what to do.

“S-stop it! Let go of him!” Lian shouted.

I stared at him wide eyed. “Lian…”

CM let go of my throat and looked at Lian. “Hmm…you new?” He walked towards Lian.

“Don’t touch him…” I warned, breathing harshly. I held my pained throat and stood up. CM glanced back at me and smiled.

“I’ll let you play a little more this time.” CM walked away with the rest of his gang.

Lian ran up to me right after. “Are you okay?” He grabbed my hand and began dragging me to his room. “It’s all my fault this happened…” His grip became tighter. Why do you always blame yourself? I thought.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kitachippy

Top Posters In This Topic

Lian dried my hair with a towel. I sat on the ground in front of Lian. He began humming a song. It sounded like a lullaby, maybe a song that his parents used to sing to him?

“What song are you singing?” I asked.

Lian paused to think and then smiled at me, “I forgot, but why do you ask?” He grabbed a comb that was on the table next to him and began to brush my hair. “All I remember is that my parents always sang it to me when I was young…”

“Do you know the singer?”

“…sadly, no.” he replied.

“Well, he probably existed in the past world…”

“Yeah…” Lian smiled at me. A world before…has Lian seen it before? Lian stopped brushing my hair. “I think I might have a picture of back then…” Lian got up and walked to another room. A picture of the past world? I sat quietly, waiting for Lian’s return.

Lian walked back into the living room with a book, “Here, look.” He opened the book and showed me a picture. I have never seen a book in a while. All of them had turned into technology. I took the book from Lian’s hands curiously. There was a picture of the past world.

The ground was filled with healthy grass that was untouched by humans. There were small creatures feasting on the grass. They had long ears sticking out of their heads.

“What is that?” I pointed to the small creature eating grass.

Lian laughed a little, “It’s called a rabbit.”

“Rabbit?” I stared at the so called rabbit quietly, “I want one, Lian…”

Lian began brushing my hair again. “If I find one, I’ll bring it back for you.”

I sighed. “Ah, I want to see one,” I bent my head back to look at Lian, “do they still exist? Rabbit.”

Lian paused, “I don’t know…here, I’ll ask the lab if they have one still.”

“Kay~” I said acting like I did not care, but I really wanted to see a rabbit…a creature from a past world that no one of this generation has seen. Lian stretched out on his stomach on the couch. He grabbed his phone lazily and dialed in a number. I heard a voice come from the phone. I turned myself to face Lian. Lian began talking in a different language. He soon hung up and sat up on the couch smiling at me. I stared back up at him. Did he get me one?

Lian fell asleep on the couch after waiting for a couple of hours. Someone knocked on the door. I turned my head towards the door. Should I get it? I got up and walked to the door uneasily.

“Yes?” I answered, without opening the door.

“Ah, Is Lian-sama here?” A man’s voice answered.

Oh, a formal name? Is it a lab worker? “Yes, but he is sleeping, what is it?”

“Oh, he has a package.”

Package? Is it the rabbit? Without thinking I reached for the door knob, “I will take it for him…”

The door opened slightly before Lian slammed it shut. “Do you understand what would happen if one of them see you? Don’t dare to go outside…that place is not for you…your place is here.” Lian glared at me.

I don’t belong outside? I belong here? Here in this lab? Why? Why! I clenched my teeth and staggered into the living room again. I sat on the couch, my hands covering my face. What did he mean?

Lian walked back into the living room with a cage. He set it on top of a shelf. I stared at Lian then at the cage. Is it a rabbit? I want to go look…but Lian…

Lian walked to me and knelt down so he can be eye level with me. “Luka…I didn’t mean to say that…” he frowned and looked at me.

“Tch…say what? That I don’t belong outside? Ha, that’s…nothing…” I looked away from him.

Lian frowned, “I just don’t want them to take you away…”

“Why? Why would they? Can’t you just command them that I’m yours?”

“You’re mine?” Lian smiled at me.

Just noticing what I said, I blushed, “Tch…think whatever.” I got up and walked towards to his bedroom. “I’m using your room…”

Lian smiled at me, “Okay,” he laid on the couch, “hey…Luka.”

“What?” I looked at him irritated.

“Do you want to be mine?” He smiled at me.

“W-what are you saying! Stupid!” I slammed the bedroom door

“Luka, time to wake up~” Lian lightly pushed my shoulder. I opened my eyes slowly and got up.

“Mmm…what is it?” I mumbled. I rubbed my eyes and got out of bed Lian smiled.

“Let’s go eat something.”

“Eat where?” I walked out of the room.

“Here.”

I turned around and stared at him, “You know how to cook…”

Lian paused and frowned, “N-no…I don’t…”

“Ah, it can’t be helped then…” I sighed. “Go do something…I’ll cook.” I pointed randomly in several directions.

“You know how to cook?”

“Better than you…” I turned away and headed to the bathroom to wash up.

We ate breakfast without a word. Did he like the food? I don’t know…I sat at the dinner table and sighed. Lian came into the kitchen with a suit on. He held the cage that he brought back yesterday.

“Here,” Lian handed the cage to me, “open it.” Lian smiled.

I grabbed the cage slowly. I opened the door and peaked inside. A small creature jumped at me.

Lian laughed and took the creature off of my face, “Look, Luka.”

“A rabbit…” I stared at the rabbit in amazement.

“He’s for you. What do you want to name him?”

“Name?” I stared at the rabbit. He was pure black with white sock-like paws. It had big eyes that were light red. “Tien…”

“Tien?” Lian smiled at me, “That means sky in my language.”

I nodded. I took Tien from Lian’s hand and smiled slightly. Lian stared at me amazed.

“I’ve never seen you smile before…”

I looked at him, “Smile?” I touched my lips, “Did I?”

Lian frowned, “How much did they mess up your mind?”

I looked down at Tien, who was now sitting in my lap, “I hate humans…”

“Yeah…I know.”

“But…you’re different…Lian is different from the others…”

“Yeah…thanks, Luka.” Lian patted my head, “You are different than the other projects too.”

I saw Lian look away from me uneasily, “What is it?”

Lian straightened up and scratched his head, “Um…can you stay in my bedroom for a while?”

“Why?”

“I have someone coming over…and if she sees…”

She? A girl is coming over? Why? Is Lian with someone else? “A girl?” I mumbled.

Lian looked at me, “What?”

“Ah…nothing,” I walked towards Lian’s room with Tien in my arms. I peeked back out of the room. Lian was adjusting his tie paying no attention to what I was doing. I quietly closed the room’s door and laid on the bed. Tien hopped around on the bed curiously, sniffing the blankets and pillows. I turned over on my stomach and petted Tien. “What do you think of Lian?” I asked Tien. Tien’s ears just twitched. I sighed and closed my eyes. I wonder who is coming and what they are going to talk about. “Ah…” I moaned. “I’m so irritated!” I rolled on the bed. “Should I go see who it is?” I looked at Tien who was blankly staring at me. I nodded and got up. I snuck up to the door and held the knob. I pressed my ear against the door.

I heard a woman’s voice. Lian was laughing with the woman. “What are they talking about…” I mumbled. I began to open the door. I opened it slightly to make a large enough opening so I could see.

I saw Lian laying on the couch laughing happily. I opened the door a little more to see who came. I saw a woman with long black hair sitting on the couch by Lian, smiling at him and laughing. They were holding hands and seemed to be having fun together. I tightened my grip on the door knob.

I felt my heart throb. It hurt. I did not want to see this. Lian sat up and kissed the woman’s cheek. That was it. I slammed the door closed unconsciously and locked it. Tien dashed under the bed covers in shock from the noise. I jumped onto the bed and hugged Tien. He buried his head into my chest. I hugged him tightly and began rolling on the bed. “Stupid Lian…”

I heard a knock on the door. I flinched and rolled as far away from the door that I can on the bed.

“Luka!” Lian called.

I stayed silent hugging Tien.

“Oi…open the door!” Lian yelled. I heard him walk away. He soon came back and began unlocking the door. Panicked, I quickly got off the bed and crawled under it. Tien began struggling when Lian walked in.

“Shh.” I tried to calm down Tien.

“Luka?” Lian looked around the room. Tien popped out of my arms and ran to Lian. “Tien Tien?” Lian picked Tien up and looked at the bottom of the bed. “Is he under there?” Lian lifted the mattress. “Luka~” He sang. I quickly rolled out from under the bed. I sat up faced away from Lian. Lian knelt in front of me smiling warmly at me. “Did you hear?”

“N-no.” I stuttered and looked away.

“Ok then.” Lian patted my head. I hit his hand away and got up. I walked to the room exit. Lian quickly got up and tried to grab my hand. “Wait…”

I ignored Lian and opened the door. The woman that was with Lian stood in front of me. I stared at her. Lian quickly pushed me aside and grabbed the woman’s hand. Lian walked her to the hallway leading to the main door, without paying attention to me. I stood alone in Lian’s room.

I walked out of Lian’s room quietly. I peeked into the hallway. Lian was repeatedly telling the woman sorry and bowing. The woman looked angry.

“Who was that, Lian?” The woman yelled.

“Please excuse him…he was just visiting.” Lian answered.

“Visiting? Promise?”

“Why are you so worried?” I broke out. I leaned against the wall, “Do you think we are dating? Two men…dating?” Lian looked angry. I looked at him wondering why he was so angry. The woman’s face was bright red and fuming with anger. “What? Wasn’t that what you were thinking?”

“H-how can you speak to me like this!” The woman tried to get to me. Lian blocked her trying to calm her down.

“Luka!” Lian yelled my name. I flinched. He glared at me. “What’s the matter with you!”

I clenched my teeth. “What’s the matter with you! I can’t believe you! ‘Do you want to be mine?’ What is this! Are you just playing with me? Dammit! I don’t care anymore! Let them test on me! I don’t care! I…I…” I paused. I felt a drop of water on my face. It rolled down my face and hit the ground. I tried to wipe away the drops of water. “I loved you…”