The Little Things.

TeaPlease

I just came back from walking my dog- as I always walk him in the morning. Though he decided to faff around and just be plain silly, on the way back home I happened upon a remarkable sight. A butterfly was on the ground.

It seemed to be struggling, which made me think that he'd just cracked open and was stretching still wet and forming wings. However, on further inspection, I could see it was clearly disable. One part of its wing seemed to be clean sliced as a tiny part of it remained. That was the right, upper wing. The lower one was crinkled and curled up to its side, wrinkled and withered.

Pity was the obvious emotion to come after my wonder and curiosity, and then a general feeling of affection. I let the struggling creature move onto my finger and carried it about, depositing it on one bush to the other before I felt that I'd picked a good one. A leafy, full bush with little budding flowers and a nice haven to hide in. That's where I left the butterfly, hoping it would be okay and survive a day more.

I still don't know if it was still in its phase of stretching its wings, how his two wings had ended up looking so odd and weird, and more. But that little moment with such a small, lovely insect was quite the highlight of my day.

What about you? You can post any interesting or touching or little moments in your day here that you felt should be documented- either for your convenience or the comments and interests of others.

• Like 2

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaPlease

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic