Use torrent~

gr

Looking at so many broken link. I think it will be better if we change the sharing method to torrent system.

It will be more hard to take down files on torrent than when you upload it to hosting servers such as MF. (source problem : Copyright infringement)

Because if we use torrent, the files is on the file's owner hard disk instead of inside corporation's hard disk.

Of course to realize this we should place rule such as the Downloader must seed the torrent for at least 30 days,etc.

We could also give guide for how to share your file via torrent.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Like 1

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gr

• Key

• steaveeboo

Top Posters In This Topic

@

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

I think it will be better if we change the sharing method to torrent system.

We do share torrent files on the forum, but I can't set it as a rule (No uploading on file sharing sites, but only on torrents) for various reasons.

Many people don't trust torrent files, so they prefer to download files hosted on sharing sites.

Also, many people don't know how to use torrents, I can't possibly ask all uploaders to learn how to create torrent files.

When there aren't many seeders, the download speed of torrents can be really bad, sometimes a few Kb/s, depending on the seeder's connection and the upload limits they have set.

Besides, we would always depend on the seeder's schedule. For example, even if we set the rule that the file must be seeded for at least 30 days, if the seeder is online just 1 hour/day, the torrent file would be unavailable for the rest of the time.

However, we do agree with torrents as mirror (alternative) links and we actually allow that. Everyone who wants to share torrent files as alternative links can do so.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...