Jump to content
3ruri

Better Late Than Never (Hello!)

Recommended Posts

3ruri

Belated hello to everyone! I actually signed up three years ago when I was still actively following Yaoi and BL fandoms (thus my username).

Anyway, I kind of have retired from the anime/manga fandoms and leaning more towards m/m English novels now. In the past 3 years I have read many wonderful books that are shared here. I'm a sucker for angst with happy endings, but rom-coms are good too. If you have any good book suggestions, let me know!

Hope to get to know more people here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kujaku

Hello, @3ruri! Belated welcome, haha. 

What's the origin of your username? I can't figure it out. 

6 hours ago, 3ruri said:

If you have any good book suggestions, let me know!

Oh my. Here are some I really liked: In the Absence of Light and Wild, both by Adrienne Wilder, 3 by Jacob Z Flores, Jack of Hearts by Lev A.C. Rosen, Misfits series by Garrett Leigh, The Psychopath by Louise Collins. Just to name a few. I recommend them all if you didn't have the chance to read them yet. xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crystald

.

Hi @3ruri!

 

Welcome to YO, I hope you have a great time and lots of fun!

 

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

 

This is fun: Games

 

https://www.yaoiotaku.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2020_10/small.874663431_okane1.jpg.bc55a6e542d620d615f9c3097b178cc3.jpg

Stay Safe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3ruri
8 hours ago, Kujaku said:

Hello, @3ruri! Belated welcome, haha. 

What's the origin of your username? I can't figure it out. 

Oh my. Here are some I really liked: In the Absence of Light and Wild, both by Adrienne Wilder, 3 by Jacob Z Flores, Jack of Hearts by Lev A.C. Rosen, Misfits series by Garrett Leigh, The Psychopath by Louise Collins. Just to name a few. I recommend them all if you didn't have the chance to read them yet. xD 

Hello and thanks @Kujaku 

My username is the shipname for Erwin and Levi from Attack of Titan - Eruri

 

Oh! I've actually downloaded Absence of light, but didn't quite finish reading it. I'll check out the rest as well. Thanks for your suggestion! My all time fav series so far is A Matter of Time by Mary Calmes. Have you read it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3ruri

Hi @crystald I'm not as active as I used to when I was a member of another platform, but I'll try to have fun.

Thanks for suggesting the games, will check it out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kujaku
On 10/22/2020 at 2:18 AM, 3ruri said:

My username is the shipname for Erwin and Levi from Attack of Titan - Eruri

 

Ohhh, silly me, I kept reading it as 'three-ruri' >.< Yeah, makes a lot of sense now. 

On 10/22/2020 at 2:18 AM, 3ruri said:

 My all time fav series so far is A Matter of Time by Mary Calmes. Have you read it?

I did not, but I was so close to recommend you the Marshals series by Mary Calmes. I think the characters from A Matter Of Time appear in Marshals too. xD I really liked that one. Did you read it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3ruri
On 11/7/2020 at 9:00 PM, Kujaku said:

Ohhh, silly me, I kept reading it as 'three-ruri' >.< Yeah, makes a lot of sense now. 

Lol, not just you, even I sometimes read it as "san-ruri". I wanna put Eruri but the username is unavailable, so I had to compromise.

On 11/7/2020 at 9:00 PM, Kujaku said:

I did not, but I was so close to recommend you the Marshals series by Mary Calmes. I think the characters from A Matter Of Time appear in Marshals too. xD I really liked that one. Did you read it? 

Yes, indeed. I think the Marshals series come after A Matter of Time because in the Marshals series Sam from A matter of time is already their boss, And Sam became a Marshal after book 5, if I recall correctly...And I have read it halfway but  I was hoping their dynamic is reversed, so I'm kinda disappointed? Nice of you to suggest though. I've read almost all of Mary Calmes' books. She has new ones but His Prince is the latest book of hers that I've read. Have you checked out that one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul4U

Hello 3ruri! Nice to meet you and a belated welcome to the Yaoi Otaku community. My name is Paul and I wish you a happy time on this Forum. :)

Welcome-to-Yaoi-Otaku.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3ruri

Hi @Paul4U thanks for welcoming me. See you around!

I Love You Yes GIF by pikaole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kujaku
On 11/9/2020 at 12:55 AM, 3ruri said:

Yes, indeed. I think the Marshals series come after A Matter of Time because in the Marshals series Sam from A matter of time is already their boss, And Sam became a Marshal after book 5, if I recall correctly...And I have read it halfway but  I was hoping their dynamic is reversed, so I'm kinda disappointed? Nice of you to suggest though. I've read almost all of Mary Calmes' books. She has new ones but His Prince is the latest book of hers that I've read. Have you checked out that one?

Possibly, I have no idea. To be completely honest I was a bit unsatisfied by the ending of Marshals so I didn't want to read anything else by Mary Calmes. I looked into His Prince, tho, but that's a pass for me, not exactly my type of plot. xD I also just downloaded some novels that I want to get into first, before looking for something else. xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3ruri
10 minutes ago, Kujaku said:

Possibly, I have no idea. To be completely honest I was a bit unsatisfied by the ending of Marshals so I didn't want to read anything else by Mary Calmes. I looked into His Prince, tho, but that's a pass for me, not exactly my type of plot. xD I also just downloaded some novels that I want to get into first, before looking for something else. xD 

I have absolutely no idea how Marshals ended. I skipped through in case there are mentions of Sam and Jory. But I get what you mean, some of Mary Calmes' books could be a little frustrating and make me drop it halfway but I think nothing else she wrote could top A Matter of Time

I've been downloading and reading books non-stop and wrecked my iphone's touch screen...Guess I have to download PDF and read on my laptop now :msn_red_fox_smilies-13:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...