(Private RP) Dragon Song <<l?ngt borta sp?ke & syaoran-puu>>

Guest syaoran-puu

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Yu struggled to his feet and snatched the dagger up off the ground, pointing it at the other mage who was lying unmoving on the ground. He watched for a minute to make sure the mage wasn't getting back up, only when he was certain did he bring his attention to the dragon.

"We-" A cough cut him off, but he sombered and continued. "We need to get you out of here for now." He slid the dagger into Vantus's bad before stepping back to look him over. There was a little bit of blood on his mouth but he didn't see a wound of any kind. Nodding when he was satisfied he pulled one of the dragons arms around his should and helped him get stay upright. He felt his face heat up when he noted just how close there faces were again, he could almost feel Vantus's breath.

A cough caught his throat and he cleared it.

Guest syaoran-puu

Vantus was oblivious about their closeness, though he appreciated the help. “I’m surprised....” he said simply, “that you came....” if he died.... the bond would disappear. Not that he planned to tell him that! Why risk having him kill him in his sleep?!

Noticing the coughing he frowned, “did he drug you too?” So Yu really wasn’t to blame...? AND... had come to rescue him!

A human?

Rescued a dragon!

It was almost too hard to believe, and yet Vantus knew it was true!

“You’ll get no argument from me. We should head off.... before he wakes....” he frowned, “if he wakes.” He could smell the blood, perhaps the foul creature was dead!

“Help me time the trees.... I’ll try to shift and fly us home.” The last word was more a slip of the tongue. He was exhausted though. “I might.... need a rest first...” Vantus stumbled forward with Yu. Not caring where they went right now.... except away! Anywhere!

“Thank you.....” he added quietly.

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Yu could see the exhaustion etched into the dragons face, he had to gulp down the excitement of possibly riding a dragon. At this point, they probably wouldn't even get a quarter of the way back before the dragon likely fell out of the sky. Tightening his grip on Vantus he began to lead them back down the alley and nodded,

"Yeah, but i'm in much better shape than you. I'll just cough if I try to whisper or run, i'll be back to 100 percent by the morning. We should probably try to leave tonight, for now I think I know where you can get some rest. Don't mention, just return the favor if I ever need it and I think we could have a good thing going here."Giving the dragon a cheeky smile he lead them towards a nearby tavern, where much to the dragons dismay he paid for a room.

Once inside he helped ease Vantus onto the bed.

Guest syaoran-puu

Vantus blinked, why where they moving towards buildings.... ? Werent they leave? Attempting to reason with Yu, “we could sleep in the forest....” he tried to protest. Vantus would feel much better about that! Much better to a tavern full of humans.

The dragon let out an unhappy whine at having his gold used for this! But he wasn’t exactly in a position to comment.

Getting assistance into the bed was hard too... but what was even harder was the pride it took to ask for help.... “I’m losing control of my form....” he closed his eyes and shuddered as his clothes disappeared and scales appeared instead, his tail extending and his horns too as the half and half form took substance. He had to stop himself from shifting..... he’d destroy the room! “Hand.... hand me a golf piece.... if I hold it....” maybe he could hold off the change.

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Yu watched the dragons shape begin to distort slightly, he took a step away from Vantus to give him some breathing room. Even if he was able to use magic right now, he didn't know what he could have done to help. "Gold?" He repeated the dragon in disbelief, "You want gold right now?" But did slide a coin out of the dragons bag, reaching down he picked up Vantus's hand and put the coin into it.

"That stuff you drank was pretty weak on me but lasts a while, on you it's pretty strong but it shouldn't last more than a few hours. Sorry, you are going to have to bear with it." He tugged down the blanket on the bed and tossed it over the half human looking dragon.

Guest syaoran-puu

“Yes.... gold....” he growled slightly, frustrated at being questioned right now. “Just need a focus...” Vantus was struggling to do much of that right now... but he tried! He tried so hard. Holding the coin helped! He felt too hot, his body tight and sweaty.

“What was it? I knew I didn’t like beer....” Vantus closed his eyes a moment, sleep felt likely! But he was trying to fight it...

“I’m sorry... to....” he frowned gently. “...be a burden.”

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Yu grabbed a wooden chair from against the wall and set it about a foot from the bed the dragon was laying on. "It's fine, really, we probably should have connected the dots when we saw him with those scales. We both messed up here, plus you have to fly me back later so we won't have to walk. I'll say we are even." STepping around the chair he sat down and crossed his arms, leaning back.

"It was a type of mineral compound, everyone calls it sand. I didn't think that stuff was still around though. You get some sleep, i'll stay up and keep watch on everything to make sure he doesn't pop up. I'm still feeling fine."

Guest syaoran-puu

He nodded. “He said he’d killed lots of my kind...” Vantus frowned. He still felt sad by all of that... how many dragons had died by that man’s hands? How many had been killed by humans? The sadness was almost overwhelming!

Vantus frowned, “sand?” That seemed like a horrible name.

“Okay...” he frowned deeper as he yawned. He didn’t think he could have fought or held back the sleep even if he’d wanted to. Vantus found himself being drawn into nothingness.

His dreams were strange and warped as he fell into sleep. Swirling magic, reds and purples mixed together.... screams, scales, voices....

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

True to his word, Yu sat up viligent but not overly worried they were followed. He had tried a few whispers but they ended in him coughing and almost stirring the dragon so he decided to just sit back and relax. Eventually the sun began finally set and he yawned, "Finally." Grumbling, he reached over and put his hand on Vantus's chest then shook the dragon a bit.

"Hey, we need to get going soon. You need to get up." Letting out a slight cough after.

Guest syaoran-puu

Vantus woke with a jolt. His clawed hand almost attacking the man as he came to awareness.

He blinked and looked around, eyes settling on Yu as he came back to awareness. Looking down he saw the gold in his hand and frowned.

Testing his awareness he shifted back to human form and dressed as he had before. It was only then he relaxed a little. He felt like himself again.

Vantus looked to Yu then. “You saved me...?” He wasn’t sure why, because it was right? Or because the man thought he had to?

He climbed from bed and stretched. “I want to get away from here as soon as we can....” Vantus frowned and then shook his head. “We didn’t manage to get much...”

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Yu was relieved to see the other get up so easily, he was prepared to wait out the night if he needed to but didn't want to chance it if it could be avoided. He watched the other get dressed, just to make sure he was really doing okay physically of course.

He stood and pushed the chair back against the wall before stretching his back out. Looking over at the dragons bag that contained the supplies that they managed to get and the gold. "Well, we got some stuff we really needed and we are both doing okay so I wouldn't say it was a total loss."

He glanced to a nearby window and pointed to the dragons bag,"And you only spent ten coins." As soon as he said it, he grinned. The coins all began to evaporate, until all that was left was the supplies that had acquired.

"You didn't really think I could just make permanent gold whenever I want right?" He laughed, "Do you know how rich I mages you be!" He couldn't help but be amused by his own small prank.

Guest syaoran-puu

Vantus realised that was true, “you’re right...” they were safe for now. Yet a strange feeling riddled through him.

Fear. He realised.

He tilt his head and looked to the bag and sighed. “I knew it was too good to be true.” Still, it had been nice while it had lasted. “Of course... you’re going to ask me for more money next time.... aren’t you?” He quirked a brow with challenge.

He approached the mage and looked out the window, a grin sliding into place. “You’d be dressed better if you could make gold that lasted.” He winked with a laugh. “Though... aren’t the stall owners going to be annoyed when they realise they’ve been fooled?” Burnt bridges and all that.

He shook his head. “Let’s go. I don’t want to be here anymore.” In truth he still felt a little off, but much better. He might just sleep for a week!

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Yu shrugged light-heartedly and nodded, "Sorry, but I really meant it. I am penniless. " However when the dragon jokingly insulted his clothing, he feigned being offended. "Well, I am pretty much working for you right? Maybe you should dress your underlings better," He retorted, and waved his hand dismissively at the mention of the stahl owners. "No no, I really doubt they will even notice with all the proceeds from the day."

Somewhere, the old lady they first visited could be heard yelling. "Dammit, that brat got me again!!!"

Yu nodded, heading back was the best idea he had heard today. He lead them outside to where it was now dark and brisk but the streets were still bustling.

"We aren't to far from the forest, "He continued down the street until they had made it to the edge of the forest.

Guest syaoran-puu

Vantus nodded, frowning slightly. “Why are you so poor?” Was there something he should be aware of perhaps? With a laugh he rolled his eyes. “Maybe I’ll consider purchasing clothes for you.... though there’s not actually anything wrong with how you’re dressed.” Vantus had only been joking and he didn’t want him to feel bad! At least it seemed the man was taking it in good stead.

“They won’t?” Vantus wasn’t so sure. “I’d notice.” He would too. Would this man try to replicate his gold and run away with the real stuff? He hoped not! Good job he’s banned the man from his treasure chamber!

Vantus chuckled lightly as he heard the woman exclaimed, “I feel bad. I liked her.” He said honestly.

With a nod and a yawn he followed him towards the forest. Vantus took the lead them, heading deeper and looking around to ensure they were truly alone. He took off his bag so it didn’t strangle him and allowed the shift to come over him. Skipping the middle form as he turned back into his lithe dragon form. “Be careful to hold on.” He ordered simply as he lowered his head for the other man.

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Yu was content with his current clothes, but he was happy with the prospect of getting some fresh ones. "She will be fin, you have to look out for yourself in this world Vantus." He informed the other, though he planned to pay her back when he could, he had no intention of telling the dragon that.

When Vantus took off his bag Yu took it and put it over his shoulder for safe keeping. His eyes widened as he watched the dragon take shape again. Cautiously he approached Vantus's head, the last time he had seen the dragon this close he was persuading it not to kill him. With a scar from one of the dragons claws to prove it.

Still, thy had both had a long day. Carefully he made his way up onto the dragon, trying to be as careful as he could to do it gently. Bracing himself carefully, he coughed then spoke, " I will, please don't fly to high."

Guest syaoran-puu

Vantus didn’t like that idea. Humans could be so selfish! Every man and woman for themselves? He didn’t like that.... “right...” was all he managed to say on the subject.

He rolled his eyes. “Afraid of heights? Maybe you shouldn’t be on a dragons back.” He chuckled softly and took to the skies. He felt lighter just being in the air and finally moving away from the human town. He’d been too accepting.... but humans sunk my never understood. They never accepted. They destroyed and took!

And Yu was the same. He’d tried to steal from him. Tricked him with some gold trick.

Yet.... he’d save him too. It was hard to decided what kind of man this human really was!

Vantus wasted no time as he flew to his mountain and into the entrance. He moved forward only to pause at the usually empty chamber. He hadn’t looked earlier.... “this is what you did with the place?” He quirked a brow and looked to the pictures on the wall.

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Yu's grip on the dragon tightened as soon as they were airborn and he shut his eyes tightly to brace against the sudden onslought of wind. Once he regained his composure, he opened his eye's to see and his mouth gapped open insinctivly. It was beautiful, this high up he could see the stars much clearer than on the ground and they lit up the entire sky above them. His grip on the dragon loosened a bit as he peered down to see the landscape rushing past them as a speed he hadn't experienced before.

How the hell had he managed to keep up with the creature the day they met?! The journey seemed over as quickly as it began, and he found himself disappointed when Vantus made his decent. He went climb down from the dragon but stopped at his question before looking into his newly decorated room. "Oh yeah, don't worry i'll put it back the way I found it when our contract is over. I could help you decorate this entire place if you wanted, it looks good right?" Carefully he slid off Vantus and made his way into his new and improved chamber, smiling proudly at his work .

Guest syaoran-puu

Vantus let his eyes wander over the space, he didn’t risk walking to much closer in his current form for fear of breaking something... “it is certainly... you.” He looked to Yu. He didn’t begrudge the man the space, he’d offered the unused room after all. And the decorations weren’t horrendous. A bed? A few hangings and home comforts. “Are you saying there is something wrong with my own decorations?” He teased with a serious dragon expression. They were simple decorations... but he’d been busy with other things! Like digging each room out.

Shaking his head he cleared his thoughts. “I think I’ll have a soak before bed... everything aches...” whatever was in ‘sand’ had sure done a number on him! He glanced at the door way, the exit to his cave not far away. “We won’t leave for three days. It will be safer that way....” hopefully he’d be forgotten about. He could only hope!

Once more Vantus glanced to Yu, Vantus slowly bowed his head, said a simply “good night” and started forward towards his own chamber....

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Yu tapped the bed he had made earlier approvingly, and feigned shock at the idea of him disliking the dragons current layout. "No no, I just think it could probably use living space and less just space." He joked before nodding to Vantus, knowing it was probably the best idea to lay low for a bit. It had been nagging at him since they left the town, but he had a sinking suspision the guy that had been knocked out was going to be pretty pissed when he woke up. Though even if the man managed to catch up to them he knew by morning he would be able to defend them properly, without having to worry about the sand still working it's way out of his and Vantus's system.

"Goodnight Vantus, thanks for the ride." He bid the dragon a good night before turning and make his way onto the bed and collapsing on it comfortably. A smile flashed across his face for a moment when he thought about the other males smile at the end of the mountain sledding that he had to physically wipe away before closing his eyes and letting sleep take him.

---

Mecer let out a scream as he came to, noticing that he was now alone in the alleyway. "No! Where did it go! Where, where, WHERE is it!" He shrieked, running up and down the thin space frantically. What had happened? He'd been 5 seconds away from slitting the dragons throat and coming up with the easiest payday of his life. An image of blue hair flashed across his mind and he scowled and winced at the robbing in his head from where he smacked the ground. "That blasted mage!" Ah, he understood. One little mage was all that stood between him and the biggest payday, he was going to take that dragons skin no matter what.

Guest syaoran-puu

Vantus lingered a moment longer before nodding and heading out.

He went straight to the bath, walking in and turning so his head was resting on the lip of the bath as his body soaked. He could feel whatever it was still lingering in his system.

Sand.

It had been an odd day! A really odd day! Vantus wasn’t sure what to make of it all. He’d briefly thought Yu was involved... yet the mage had helped him. He could never repay that...

Or maybe he could? Maybe there was a way to make him more comfortable here. Would making his cave ‘less space’ and more ‘homely’ help with that.

After a good long soak he dragged his tired body to bed, practically collapsing immediately and drifting to sleep.

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Yu woke before the sun, and made his way to the front area to check if the dragon had risen yet. He wasn't surprised to find everything quiet and still, it was still very early and the dragons body had undergone a pretty large ordeal the day before. He stopped in his thought process, "Oh!" Snapping his fingers he small flame flickered to life once again. "Yes! Good to go then." He waved it away, relieved he was right about being able to whisper again so soon.

Making his way towards the dragons next, confirmed that the other was still asleep. He wanted to let Vantus sleep the rest of the sand out of his system, so he held his breath to prevent making noise and put the back of his hand to the others forehead.

Good

Once he was certain the dragon didn't have a fever as a reaction from the sand, he made his way back out quietly. "Well, bathing would be good then." He murmured to himself before making his way towards the hot spring area. He could hear his foot steps echo as he walked and a shiver ran up his spine. "This place is nice, but to live here all those years alone. I would have gone crazy." He mused softly, before tossing his clothes to the side and jumping into the spring.

Guest syaoran-puu

Vantus dreamt of sliding down the mountain before flying up into the sky and then crumbling to nothing but sand.

He woke with a little pant as he stretched his body and wings and came back to reality. Vantus yawned gently as he got up, heading on autopilot to the hot spring. He paused at the sight of Yu already there.

Decided his dragon took up too much room he shifted to his hair form, glorious nudity as he padded toward the other man. “Did you sleep well?” He broke the silence.

Before he entered he paused to ask, “do you mind if I join you?” He recalled the fun they’d gad yesterday. The ride down the mountain in particular before things had started to go south.

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Yu could hear the dragon approaching from the echo that rang down the tunnel. He backed a bit further into the water but didn't avert his gaze this time when the dragon stripped forms and waltzed towards the spring. "No, of course you can't soak in your own hot spring!I did, we had a long day, though i'm sure you slept harder than I did." He teased Vantus but laughed and motioned for the dragon to join him.

Part of him worried he was getting a bit to chummy with the other male, they still didn't know much about each other. After yesterday, if nothing else he was at least certain the dragon wasn't mean spirited, if anything a bit too trusting. He was curious if it was an affect of having been alone for so long, but hadn't really had the time to put much thought into it yet. As it stood right now he felt fairly confident that the dragon wasn't suspicious of how strong he actually was. He didn't want him to figure out that he still didn't know how to do all of the shield enchantment.

"What about you, are you feeling back to normal yet? I don't know if that will come after you again, but he seems like a loon. I wouldn't worry to much about him being dangerous though, I think he just got lucky this time." He couldn't help but grin at the dragon. "You just had to drink half that beer in one go, didn't you?"

Guest syaoran-puu

Vantus nodded and stepped into the water. “It might be my hot spring, but you were using it first. It is only polite to not make assumptions. In future I will just join you then....” he offered. Closing his eyes he hummed in pleasure at the heat around his tired muscles.

His eyes fluttered open at the question. “Mostly. My muscles ache a little.” Vantus replied honestly. “But I’ll survive.” He smiled over at the other.

Something in his relaxed expression wobbled, “it’s my own fault. I was too comfortable attending the marketplace with a human. I know better than that. I let my guard down.” He shook his head, fists formed as he frowned and looked down at the water. “I should have let you go alone.”

He huffed at the mention of the beer, “I wonder how he tainted the drink? It’s certainly put me off wanting to drink beer ever again.” Vantus grumbled in a slight huff.

Was it this somehow his fault for downing the beer? He sighed, “the worse part is I didn’t get to try a pie and I’ve woken up starving....” Vantus admits, smiling over at Yu gently. “Still.... you think he’ll try again? Now that he knows our faces?”

Guest l?ngt borta sp?ke

Yu watched the dragon relax into the spring waters and speak. He was quiet for a moment, trying to figure the likelyhood that the man from town would come for Vantus again. Making his way over to the other in the water he stood in front of the blonde and raised his hands out of the water. Whispering into them and then tapping the surface of the water in front of the dragon. It rippled thrice before an image of Mercer appeared on the top appeared in front of Vantus, it was a still frame of Mercer from the day before.

"You've been to that market before, and haven't had this issue? I think the issue here might not be who you went with, more who you ended up interacting with." He leaned over the image to get a closer look. Even if Yu hadn't been there he was pretty sure the vendor would still have interacted with Vantus, he'd learned the other in with shiny things essentially. It was probably how he had managed to lure in so many dragons over the years.

"I think if he could find you he'd probably try and kill you quickly this time since it went poorly last time, but I doubt he's even going to be able to find this place. He didn't seem overwhelmingly intelligent. Just don't forget his face and you'll know what to look out for I think. Should be fine." Yu concluded before waving the image back out of the water. His own stomach growled at the thought of the pie from yesterday.

"We never ended up going hunting yesterday, we or you could go today and we could try and make a pie? I'd say we deserve it after yesterday." He leaned a bit closer to the other for the answer.