Sequel of Late From Work. A Child's Divorce.

Mors

Summary: Chris and Matt live a happy life till Matt decides to make their family bigger. A misunderstanding makes Chris to sign divorce, but Matt clears it off

Sequel of Late From Work

A Child's Divorce

by Clove1 and assistance from KyAzrel

The sky was clear, the clouds' embrace had opened and the dazzling rays of the sun bathed almost everything in a virulent canvas of color. Birds sang their melody and the breeze whistled and caressed like a gentle lover would.

A ray of light passed against my face, warming it and waking me up at the same time. I blinked my eyes open to an empty bed, the smell of bacon and eggs being cooked wafting through my nose and silently alluring me to make the first movements that I did that day. Matt had promised me that breakfast.

I slowly climbed out of bed, flushing slightly at my state of nakedness before grabbing fresh nearby clothes and putting them on. I headed out of our room and down the stairs, the smell of breakfast getting stronger with each step that I took.

"Good morning, Matt." I said, jumping the last flight of stairs and landing perfectly into his arms, giving his cheek a kiss for his effort. I hopped down to the kitchen floor, licking my lips in excitement as I sat myself on a chair before pulling it closer towards the table. I ate quickly, as if my life depended on it and Matt silently giving me his winsome smile as he sat down opposite me and began eating too.

"So Matt," I began, striking a conversation. "What are you going to be doing today?"

Matt is the chairman of Netex Company, a new big company that already brought $200,000 of profit a day. And because of his position, everyday was always different.

"We'll have a conference this morning but I'll be free the entire afternoon. So..." He replied, trailing off at the end of his sentence.

"So, what?" I asked, interestedly.

"Lately, you have had nothing to do while I'm at work."

"I guess I have been a bit bored." I agreed.

"And you have had no company to talk to as well."

"Not true!" I denied adamantly. "I have Tiggy." The stuffed tiger that Matt had given me last month for our anniversary came to my mind and a small smile quirked up the edges of my lips.

"Well this afternoon, I'm gonna adopt you someone for you to have a conversation with." Matt said, sighing and ignoring my words.

"What!?" I screeched, too shocked to even move even as he finished his breakfast and gave me a kiss goodbye before leaving for his work. "But I don't want a child!" I screamed and silence only greeted me back.

I collapsed to the floor just as my mind started to race on what I should do. Should I call Matt and tell him that I didn't want a child? But the problem was, I have no phone and I've never bothered to remember his number! Then maybe I could just tell him when he gets home. That couldn't work. The child would be with him when he got home. Mechanically, I picked myself up on the floor and headed out to get the mail, still silently thinking about a way out of the situation that I was in.

I opened the mailbox and the letter atop the pile did not surprise me. They were divorce documents that my father sent every week. Ever since Matt and I got married, my father had not failed to send one of this documents to me. I have not told Matt about it and I was sure that he had no idea about it.

Going back inside, I slowly laid the documents on top of the table and taking a chair for me to sit on as I stared at the compiled pieces of papers. An idea struck me and if I wanted to get out of the situation of being a parent, it was the only solution. Matt and I needed to have a divorce.

The very idea was a painful one and even by just thinking about it, tears had started to roll down my cheeks. Spreading the papers in front of me, I slowly realized that tonight would be the night that I have never dreamed of. The night I was gonna say goodbye and that was gonna stay forever. Steadying myself, I grabbed a nearby pen just as I started reading the first page of the document, scribbling my signature on lines that needed them and silently bringing me closer to the end of me and Matt.

It had taken me a few hours to finish signing the documents and by the time I was done, it was already two in the afternoon. I gave the papers a last glance before realizing that I have been crying the entire time, tear spots marring the general areas of the documents. I realized that what I did was foolish and overcome with that thought, I sped my way out of that room to get a bin and a shredder, a quick release to destroy the evidence of my weakness.

The door opened and I hastened my steps back to the room, but I was too late. Matt was standing in the middle of the room, the documents in his hands and eyes moving through its writings. I froze, my gaze dropping to the floor as I waited for the explosion to happen. But it never arrived and as I looked up, Matt's usual bored expression greeted me.

"It's not what it looks like. I swear!" I stammer out, fresh tears pouring down my cheeks.

"You idiot." Matt replied. "You are only meant to sign some of the lines and not all of them."

"What?" I asked, shocked at Matt's apparent disinterest.

Matt did not reply. Just took the documents again before neatly tearing them into a couple of pieces. "Chris," He stated, smiling as if he had not just tore a signed document for a divorce. "It is time I introduce you to your new friend." He gave me a kiss on the cheek before he turned towards the living room and called out, "Rusty! Come on boy! Here Rusty!"

"Rusty?" I asked slowly. "What kind of person's name is Rusty?" At my words, Matt burst into uncontrollable laughter, almost falling on himself at his apparent hilarity. "Matt tell me what is going on!?" I shouted, extremely annoyed.

"So this is what all of this is about." Matt replied, calming himself down before bursting again in stifled laughter. "You really are an idiot."

Turning towards the doorway, he confirmed exactly what was in my head the moment I saw the figure in it. Rusty was not the best name for a person, but it was a good name for a dog. And there, Rusty was a kelpie cross cattle dog.

"Rusty.." I murmured under my breath. "Come here, boy." I cried, crouching and opening my arms as warm fur enveloped me. And I understood how lucky I was to have Matt. And Rusty too.

The End

• Like 6

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mors

• yaoifangirl

• BakaxHime

• Dark Ocean

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
and
Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
I LOVE the story!! :_red_fox 6 you did a veeeery good job!

I think I'm starting to fall for Matt! I was happy that he just destroyed the documents! He was so sweet to bring a little friend to Chris, he just showed that he cares about him! I loved it! :Red_fox7:

• Like 2

I love it!! *__*

Everything about it!

what i like the most about it is how well their feelings are portrayed. it's really good! :D

You can just see how well they blend with each other.

complementing one another... oh boy...

and oh well... who wouldn't like to have a dog as a gift? :p

i would love to! xD

• Like 1