Restoring The Balance (Closed Group RP)

tuti

The frown on Zhen's face started to deepened by the second as he listened to the supposed new Air God. Were the elements playing a bad trick on them? If they were then he wasn't amused in the least. "Can you believe this guy?" Zhen said turning to Mizui and pointed at the ex-prince as if trying to find in Mizui the logic or the strength needed to deal with the ignorant human. He then turned his face towards the human boy and crouched down so that he could be on eye level with him.

"Well sorry to burst that bubble of yours kid, we are Gods of the elements, no damn universe! I'm glad I don't have to deal with whatever nonsense goes in that little head of yours." He hissed his bad tempered just getting worst. "I myself have no idea why the air element chose you but it did so deal with it!"

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tuti

• theblackdog

• Yujiko

• 「viviD

"Calm down, Zhen." Mizui's voice still had its laziness, however, there was a sharpness molded into it and it was obvious he was serious- he did not call the Earth God by the 'stupid' nickname he loves to call Zhen. He stepped up, before something happened, this might end up with yells and a fight, best be careful,

"Not really, we're just like humans if you ignore the immortality and the power to control the element," there, he paused, as if wanting to stop there before he opened his mouth once more, "but don't compare us to humans, I don't mind but I'm sure Zhen-Zhen doesn't, not to mention, one hates humans." He didn't sugarcoat, what's the use? Sooner or later, the soon-to-be Air God will know one of the reasons why they were here. "But I just say my opinion, I don't mind being looked at in the eye and you're not dead, at least not yet, who knows?" He shrugged, not at least bothered about what he said.

"I guess we do?" His expression turned into a questionable one, not really sure, before he shrugged it off, "We know humans are rotten, but it doesn't mean all of the humans are." He looked at Hayato in interest, he was unpredictable just like the wind. So this will be the new Air God...

"But it did pick you, can't you hear it? It doesn't say anything but I'm sure you can hear them, the air I mean. Have you ever noticed something that is odd about the air; about the wind?"

Hayato stepped back, even though he didn't want to believe it, he did. Somewhere in him, he knew it was true. The wind had spoken to him- it was far to new for him to comprehend. It wasn't like humans knew how to handle hearing voices, or being attacked by demons, or how to react to being told that they were a god. He looked to the ground," If you want to speak of my past as a prince, I ask that you at least live my life when I was a prince for a day... It was a living hell..." The human male growled and turned to the water god. "you seem to be more reasonable than your peer. I'll take you word over his..'

"But it did pick you, can't you hear it? It doesn't say anything but I'm sure you can hear them, the air I mean. Have you ever noticed something that is odd about the air; about the wind?" Hayato's eyes widened. "Y-yes... How did you know?" he exclaimed stepping backwards again. So he wasn't just hearing voices... Huh? The boy dropped to his knees and clinched his fists. Why does it have to be me?!! "I'm sorry..." Declared the human man. He looked up to the gods and then to the side. "Fine... I'll go-" He stood. "But! I must see my father before I leave..."

Chang watched between the three men, bewildered for a moment. If he was this chosen one, it meant what he was feeling was real. He stepped carefully to where Hayato knelt and started to reach out a hand before he retracted it. The wind had spoken to him, but if Hayato was an air god, what was his role in all this? Why had the wind beckoned him here and why did this sensation burn inside him? He stood in silence, something he was very good at. He was taught to learn through observation, only ask questions when he truly did not know the answer. Deep in his heart, somewhere, the answer was waiting to reveal itself. All of this didn't happen by mere coincidence, there was reason behind this and he was determined to get to the bottom of it.

He turned towards the god and eyed them suspiciously. "I spoke to him before, confronted him like I'd been searching for him. Why is it I know this about him and why did the wind speak to me?" He questioned them, his eyes narrowing. He seemed much different than before, no longer this quiet subtle man. There was a very serious tone in his voice, he didn't just want answers, he needed them.

Zhen's thin eyebrow twitched in annoyance, was this kid for real? He wondered if he'd made the right decision to come down here and help the humans. But then again, the idea of standing still while the people on earth suffered and that arrogant Meng had his way wasn't appealing to him either. "What do you think this is kid? A field trip?!" He asked sarcastically wondering if it would be alright to just grab him by the neck and drag him all the way up to the Moving Clouds Mountain. "Look we don't have much time to lose, you see, not everyone is happy about restoring the balance." He said as he pushed himself up.

He then listened to what the human monk had to say and it was indeed interesting. "You say, the air spoke to you? Directly?" He said with a confused frown. For once he didn't know the answer to that. Sometimes, powerful Gods had their personal vassals, powerful "creatures" that they could as they pleased, but they were usually born from the element. Never originally human. The earth God glanced at Mizui wondering if the other was as confused as he was. "I don't know monk...probably you are just imagining things." He said glanced up at the sky.

"We really better start moving the more time we waste talking nonsense here..." He trailed off before glancing at Mizui again. "We'll need horses or something for transportation...we'll never make it there on time if go by foot." He said to the water God.

---

"So this is the future air God, huh?" Meng said staring with a hint of amusement in his eyes at the frozen flames. "What a real pity..." The image disappeared before the flames started dancing violently again. The pillar of the element of fire walked towards his balcony and stared down at the many volcanoes and caves surrounding his kingdom. They were dangerous yet so beautiful to the eye. The wind made his hair flow behind his broad back in a perfect rhythm, never wildly. "Suoh, come my dearest." He whispered into the air as he stared at one cave in particular and waited patiently, a smile decorating his devilishly handsome face.

Chang's eyes widened, of all the things a god could tell him 'I don't know' was the last thing he ever expected. Was it possible the gods were ignorant or was it really just some huge mistake? He clenched a fist and growled under his breath, so he questions could not be answered here he would have to seek a higher power. But what could possibly be higher than the god's themselves? He could feel himself being thrown into an inner turmoil, trying desperately to figure it all out. He could leave now, return to his mundane life or continue this journey with questions too complicated to answer.

He sighed heavily, glaring up at the skies. "Even there are things Gods can not foresee, if so, perhaps humans can surpass their greatness..." He lowered his eyes to the Gods, eying them again. "I can't be too wrong in that aspect, it may be arrogant to say we can surpass the gods but I know in my heart I have a function and niche in the flow of nature, and in this case the Air God calls to me. You can not hear the wind, how would you know?" He scoffed and turned away falling silent. He would follow Hayato because it had become his nature to, he was through asking questions and receiving empty answers.

~~~~~~

From within his tomb he laid in wait, patient yet poised to spring to life. "Suoh, come my dearest." The words echoed into his chambers. Around him flames erupted causing the rock that entombed him to begin to melt away. His body collapsed to the floor as his joints and bones were still frozen in animation. Everything in his body ached as he slid himself up, rising to his feet. His body was a mess, too far aged for him to function. His eyes were sunken and hollow, his figure thin and frail. A low demonic growl reverberated from his throat resounding throughout the cave. The air around him became heavy, thick with the stench of sulfur. Sparks flickered around him before flames seemed to suddenly whirl about from thin air.

His whole body caught fire, a hideous screech erupted from his throat before he fell silent, his body glowing bright blue. As the flames fell away from his body, the flesh he wore before was scorched away into ash falling to the floor beneath him. A youthful, more toned figure appeared through the smoke. Amber eyes pierced through, coming to life with vibrant golden hues. Red hair, still aflame, cascaded around him. He inspected his hands and held them out in front of him. Pleased with his reborn body he caught fire once more, disappearing from the tomb in a matter of seconds. He appeared behind Meng, kneeling at the sight of his master. His heart race, excited about being called upon at such a time. "My King, your loyal vassal, Suoh." He bowed his head before the fire god.

Mizui was silent all the way, there was something nagging at him- was it about this soon-to-be Air God's father? It couldn't be that... could it? It was a possibility and if he said this theory of his, they might not take it seriously but then, as Zhen said, they didn't have time before the Meng knows this, in fact, he can discover the chosen Air God at any time right now. Besides that,

"We can't, little boy. There's a reason why we came here and the reason is because you're in a dangerous position right now as well as the world's safety is in stake. Your father will be in danger if we went there, there's a certain someone targeting you, everyone involved with you will get hurt and end up dying." He looked at Hayato apologetically, if the the world's balance wasn't at stake and the fact the Fire God will interfere, Mizui would let him see his father- coming along with him of course- but alas, it wasn't the right time to do that.

Why was this so troublesome? He wanted to sleep.

It was when the other human said something that made Mizui's droopy eyes snap open, eyes sharpening to sharply stare straight at Chang's eyes, "Boy, you should learn to think about what you say, you are quite lucky that I am no Fire God, for if I am him- I would burn you until even your ash disappears." His tone dangerous; warning. "Yes, yes, the Air God calls you," The Water God waved it off, "and yes, we can not hear the wind because we are not the God of its element nor its followers. You can not hear the water nor the earth, not even fire. I am the Water God and only that, how would you know what the water says? Simple, you can't." With that logic, no one would even dare to protest for Mizui was correct. See how a calm man can do?

With that, he turned to the Earth God, eyelids drooping again, his sleepy eyes returned, "I don't want to walk." He bluntly said, "Do we have to?" He complained but motioned his hand, the water few feet away morphed into 3 horses, why only 3? "Zhen-Zhen, I want you to ride with me behind my back, just like a princess~" His smirked lazily at Zhen once he climbed the miraculously solid water horse, teasing again.

That was it...? He couldn't even atone for his mistakes? He couldn't ask for his burdens of the man he loved and left to be lifted. This wasn't fair! He didn't choose this! "I need to see my father!" He yelled. "If I leave now I'll never get to tell him I'm sorry- or how much I loved him! He's may father! I betrayed him! I can't do this until then!" His anger was strong. The wind began to pick up and the clouds began to rumble with sound. "It's not fair to him or me! I didn't choose this! There must be a way for me to see my father without putting his life in danger! There must be a way..." He declared all off this, in the end he fell to his knees with tears dripping from his eyes. "How can I be true to myself if I can't be myself? How can I be free like the wind if you limit me?" Looking up to the gods he furrowed his brow. "Why do you limit me so? Saying that there is no way for us to beat this fire god? Isn't there a way to stay out of sight?" The man begged, then growled standing.

"Why is it that one god is so much stronger than you too?!" He insulted them, again. His anger was the truest of his feelings at the moment, and he never lied to himself about his emotions. Unsheathing his sword he lunged at the tree- and as he struck it, a bolt of lighting crashed into it as well. Hayato fell to his knees in defeat. "There... There is no other way is there...?" He asked softly. "Could... Could I see him in the future? After all of this is over...?" Hayato asked turning around, now on his feet.

Chang watched the god react, bringing to life another side to these beings. It was enlightening to him to see such emotion erupt from him but at the same time it reminded him how highly the gods and humans thought of themselves, their never ending struggle to be the higher power. He knew best not argue with the gods, but he never once felt he was wrong in his articulations. He fell silent and averted his eyes. He couldn't be out right disrespectful, it would have only stemmed from his frustrations about his own situation. He knew sooner or later it would become clear to him, perhaps he was being a little unfair towards these gods considering they weren't expecting this to happen either.

Zhen gripped the hilt of his sword tightly to calm himself, if he didn't he'll probably make the earth shake or cause an earthquake. It was simply a mystery to him why he and Mizui were such 'good' friends.

Zhen really disliked Meng because he was always so arrogant and thinking too high of himself and Peng...well he was always too absorbed with the human world. Constantly observing them, watching their every move. And then there was Mizui who's teasing and laziness was annoying sometimes, well, most of the time. Yet Zhen would always find himself visiting Mizui and relaxing whenever they were together. He was going to say that Mizui was far more fitting of a princess than him when Hayato's outburst got the best of him.

Truth to be told they didn't have much time and quite frankly he wanted to get this over with more than anything...but what Hayato had said was so irritating (actually moving but Zhen would never admit that) that he just had to do something about it. Furthermore, it irritated him to admit that Meng was indeed stronger than him. That there was someone stronger than him was something Zhen wasn't proud of or willing to peacefully accept.

"Alright alright! If you want to see your farther so badly, then lets go and get all this drama over with. Besides it seems like there's a storm approaching we'll probably will need to find a shelter." He said running an irritated hand through his long hair. The earth God gracefully mounted the water horse behind Mizui. He circled one arm around the other's male's waist, pressing his body against the other's back. "I'll get you back for this, later." He whispered to the other God, trying to sound a threatening as possible.

((Donno if that was direct towards me at all- but just in case- it all all just happen stance and effect- the cloud were already looming and rolling before that- i just made the atmosphere more electrifying OwO... But, yeah- he has no power XD Just realllllly cool timing XD))

(hey just wanted to let you know i did respond with my character Suoh, it's on the post before my last one. ^^ i put ~~ to seperate them )

(Sorry for the late reply! @_@ I've been very busy lately. >

The Water God let Hayato shout and rant, yawning as he did so, blinking dozily, he half-listened as he daydreamed for a while- geez, why was he even a God? It was all too troublesome.

"Yup, he's stronger." He bluntly said, not even bothered by it, did it even matter? Well, maybe it did but he was too lazy to care. "'sides, he has an army, a lot of 'em actually, I do as well but I'm not gonna risk them with death just to protect you humans from harm." He cared for them, his soldiers and helpers (he hated to call them servants, it was insulting) and he wasn't going to let them sacrifice themselves.

He was half-surprised (too lazy to be fully surprised) that Zhen agreed but then, Mizui could see if his theory was correct that maybe this soon-to-be Air God's father is... Maybe...

"You heard what Zhen-Zhen said," He smiled lazily, "Off we go your father, little boy. Now hurry up, we should stop dawdling, we don't want this world to die, yes? Your lives and other lives included." Once again, blunt about it. He was right though, they were humans, Hayato wasn't a God yet and he didn't know about the other one- maybe he was the Air God's vessel? Who knows, he was too lazy to care.

He lazily smirked at the Earth God, once again, teasing, "I look forward to it, Princess~"

Wearily, the human's now tired and exhausted eyes watched the gods gather themselves onto their horses. Was he really expected to ride on this so called water horse? 'Strange,' he thought to himself as he took slow, defeated steps to the mount. Hayato sighed, taking little to no interest in the god's teasing session. In fact, he could careless about everything that was going on at this point. The human's eyes fell steady on the ground. s

What was it like up in those clouds, in the heavens? Why was one god stronger than two, one being the ultimate opposite of the fire god? 'Never mind it...', thought Hayato. His weary gems lifted, focusing on the monk. 'What is he suppose to be...?', pondered that human man- the future sir god. 'If I am air god, then what is he...?', so many questions and so little time...

Chang hardly paid any attention to the two so-called gods before them. If there was one thing he knew and understood in this existence it was that gods did not behave in such a fashion, or did they? Was this their way of enlightening the human race? He felt an anger rise in him, shuttering slightly. He didn't feel the compassion he should have being visited by such a spiritual being, he seemed to only feel this urge with his fellow human companion, Hayato. It unnerved him. A mere human could invoke such emotions from inside him. He felt eyes on him and glanced towards the other man, noting the confusion and helplessly in the man's expression.

His face seemed void of any emotion, unable to offer any solace to him. He dropped his gaze and watched the ground, feeling a small defeat in himself. "Fear not, the human world will not suffer alone. " He spoke quietly, referring to the fact the God's will have to fight and face defeat at some point as well. "Whatever battle must be fought we can hold our own. Do not waver from who you really are." His voice held truth, as if trying to reach out to Hayato and at least give him a sense of purpose. He knew the gods were not exactly in favor of the humans so he knew this battle was going to be a struggle for the human race. Yet he had no fear in his words or in his eyes, he believed what he felt and he wanted more than anything for the other to believe it too.

A small smile appeared on Meng's face as his most loyal servant, besides his Qilin, appeared behind him after being summoned. He turned around, his hair obediently and gracefully following his movements as he walked towards the kneeling vassal. "My dearest, you've been sleeping for too long." He said as his warm hand touched the kneeling vassal's chin; gently forcing the man to stand up. "Your king needs your assistance, will you do as I command you?" He asked his eyes burning with amusement as his long fingers caressed Suoh's cheeks lovingly and his free hand held the man's hips close against his intimately.

(Sorry for the short post; I'm having a serious case of writer's block :/)

Suoh eyes flashed and gazed longingly upon his God, Meng. Flames faintly licked at the bottom of his feet, hardly visible if one wasn't looking close enough. He nodded slowly and offered a small subtle grin, the lord's plan well engraved into his soul. "Yes, my Shen..." His voice was low. He would have let his god do whatever he pleased to him, being so close to Meng's warmth was sensational. But his loyalties lied in his God's will, he was his soldier and would fight to his death if it meant giving the world to him.

(had to make this short too lol not much to work on :p its cool, I get writers block a lot too but only when I take too much time off lol)

*Shen - Chinese god/deity (mandarin)

• 1 month later...

(You know, I was wondering why no one has replied yet, I've mostly been waiting - and yes, I stalk this rp even logged off, hohoho~ - and just realized if it's already my turn. xD; Sorry, confused since this doesn't have a posting order. C: Really, really sorry. D: I still love this rp. ;A; I'm so sorryyyy! DX)

Mizui began to doze off and would have been asleep if it weren't for his Zhen-Zhen's presence behind him. Ah, if only Meng wasn't - ahem - an asshole and the Air God falling in love with a human then died in the end; the two of them wouldn't be here in this mess, he would have - by now - showering the Earth God with teasing affections that always made Zhen mad and embarrassed (Mizui thinks, it was so obvious by the blushes Zhen would have even by minuscule that he would end up seeing in a glimpse) though it mostly ended up by the Water God getting yelled at.

(But hey, it was worth it.)

...Mhm, maybe just a little nap while the two humans - one future Air God, one a mystery - do their own thing, they haven't ridden the horses yet. Humans... they're too slow, taking too much time but it was understandable, with the events that happened and the information that their brains took in and absorbed- their reactions were not surprising.

While his partner is impatient, he's the complete opposite. Like day and night but maybe it was their opposite personalities that they have gotten closer to each other. As they say - "Opposites attract.", At first Mizui did not understand but meeting Zhen and getting close; now he does.

Back to the current situation: A nap. Just a little short nap, he was getting more and more sleepy with this waiting. More used with the Earth God's temper, he boldly leaned closer to rest his head on the water horse's main- the neck and closed his eyes. Getting a short nap isn't bad.