First Impression: Daily Lives Of High School Boys

KYOKO

Daily Lives of High School Boys (or Nichibros) tells the story of a group of high school boys attending— you guessed it— high school. It’s a comedy which parodies a wide range of subjects.

[First Impression Begins Here]

So my initial hopes for this show were not very high. I mean, just read the title: Daily Lives Of High School Boys. The only thing I could think of more boring than that would be watching educational television, but… I have to admit I did end up loving this show onion0

It’s not at all like what i originally thought it would be, IE: a male version of Lucky Star. But the series has a focus more set on comedy and parody.

I loved this show so much XD A few of the jokes miss, but most of the time this show left me laughing uproariously. Nichibros’ brand of humor is probably closest to Gintama— ridiculous, over the top, and direct. The characters each have their own quirks which make them unique and memorable.

tumblr_mg1nnrvKXu1rshzuyo1_500.png

tumblr_mg1nnrvKXu1rshzuyo4_500.png

what do you guys think about this anime?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ero Gaki

• Shunpei x Fumi

• KYOKO

• Marygrace94

my first impression??

well i was expecting it to be like Azumanga Daoih - comedy and i first read the manga,, and it was hilarious xD

but i find it really weird - boys who are desperate?

Those boys are indeed desperate XDDD

14jnihg.jpg

I was expecting YAOI moments too :'D I ship Yoshitake x Hidenori XDDD Because it's so cute how Yoshitake is the hero from Hidenori's past!

2rmwqow.jpg

That bee is probably a yaoi fan 8D i'll never forget this scene XDD

• 1 month later...

I like Tadakuni the most. At first it's totally confusing but I eventually like it.

They're a bunch of hopeless High school boys who loves to troll. I like the ep. when they picked a random stick and started to act like they're in some rpg and shit and that scene where they borrowed imouto's garments.

I like the Ending Song Ohisama, it has a refreshing tempo on it.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I like the Ending Song Ohisama, it has a refreshing tempo on it.

i know! i never skip it 'cause i freaking sing along. LOOOOL

and for my first impression of it, hmm, i've watched it last two years ago so you could say i wasn't expecting from it?

i mean, all i know it's a comedy (which i am a fan of but terribly picky), i tried watching it 'cause of the PVs being hilarious;

which in fact surprised me in a good way.

it wasn't boring to watch 'cause the voice acting and delivery of lines are superb; it's enjoyable.

i really like Hidenori from the main protagonists and Habara from the Funky Girls trio.

• 4 weeks later...

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Hahahahahahhahahaha LOL. XD I remember this scene. This is hella hilarious. *sniffs*

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL Ahahahahahahahaha XD What episode is that? Might as well rewatch it since i own a DVD. XD

I was literally on the floor laughing when that image appeared XD ... Its in episode 2 right after the 'High School Boys and the Power of Friendship'... yes, rewatch it! :)

I think at first I was like "what on earth" but then I laughed and continued on :o Since I saw it over a year ago I can't really say much more then that on it. Truthfully I don't think I ever did finish the series either though but thats another story.

• 4 weeks later...