First Introduction into Yaoi

Messi

Hey guys,

I'm quite interested in different people's stories as to how they came to know and like BL/yaoi like for me, when I first came across yaoi, I was a bit shocked but very very curious, since I was raised in a culture that is not very supportive of anything like this.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I was too curious for my own good, and started checking out what this was (ahh the wonders of google) and so far, I'm stuck and loving it

Please feel free to say your story :3

• Like 1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Messi

• Ero Gaki

• wolfiechan

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I was young when I first came across it when I was reading a fanfiction and at first I was shocked at what I read but I kept on reading it and it got more intense so that's how I first came into this world of hot yummy goodness~ ^-^

• Like 1

Well I was young when I first came across it when I was reading a fanfiction and at first I was shocked at what I read but I kept on reading it and it got more intense so that's how I first came into this world of hot yummy goodness~ ^-^

oh the joys of fanfiction :D or fictionpress

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

I watched Takumi kun series..

And I tried to search all around until I know this YO site :)

It's my whole new world...

So interesting & amazing way for me ;)

I think I'll keep going for this genre :)

Hmmm.. as for me, I AM A VERY CURIOUS PERSON~

A gay friend introduced to me Kyou Kara Maoh.. (Though it's not that yaoi.. more of a shounen-ai for me.. XP)

Well, after I watched it.. (From season 1 to 3 including the 5 OVAs)

And I LOVED Yuuri x Wolfram !!! >///w///

That was I think 2 years ago..

Then, I began searching anything under "yaoi" and have already watched many... like:

Hey! Class President, Papa to Kiss in the Dark, Sekaiichi Hatsukoi*, Junjou Romantica*, Kirepapa, Boys Love, Takumi kun Series... etc.

And have read many mangas... Actually, too many to put here.. V^^,V

Note: My first Anime was I think... Papa to Kiss in the Dark.. (if my memory isn't lying :DDD)

A/N: *in the process of watching

• Like 2

I havent watched that series, but I've heard alot of recommendations so I guess I might check it out :D

I believe curiosity is a requirement for any yaoi-lover if not, how would we have found out about any of this at all XD Hah I loved Kyou Kara Maoh but only completed season 1 still, but YuuriXWolfram couple is just my favorite :D

• Like 1

It was when I was watching Yami no Matsuei, I got a little confused for a while but my curiosity over the genre took over, at first I was just reading softer ones until I just got curios to what's the difference between yaoi and shounen-ai...and I got fond of it, since I have this weakness against bishies in anime

• Like 1

Well, I just started to watch yaoi early in this year(yup, yoroshiku minna) and my 1st yaoi anime is sekaiichi hatsukoi~ After that, I tried to find sekaiichi's manga and read it... read until I *nosebleed*!!!:7yoyo10: HAHAHA!(that is my 1st time reading yaoi manga, I don't know that they really draw it out....)

I don't know why I suddenly feel guilty and curious but I cant really discuss it with my family right? So I went to discuss with my senpai and found that my senpai oso read yaoi manga...onionn0

My adventure of yaoi started there :_red_fox 10

Now I have read and watch okane ga nai, junjou romantica, koisuru boukun and takanaga hinoko's manga... etc

now I'm into viewfinder rabbit8

viewfi10.jpg

• Like 1

Level-C was my first. I searched for yaoi on youtube because I was curious about what it was. I was thirteen or fourteen at the time. Ah, the memories. :hamtaro-005 (5):

• Like 1

it was 2009 , when i was reading a report in the net about all kind of anime.

then i read the word yaoi and saw a cute picture of Junjou Romantica..

so i wet to youtube to see a scene of the anime , and i saw the kiss in ep 1

i was like XD XD XD

then i decided to watch the anime ..... after that i started to read the manga ^_^

• Like 1

well for me,, at first i was indifferent about it,, because i have loved anime since i was a kid,, i know their different genres,,, then one time i asked an acquaintance,, she told me she likes BL,, and i was like just "ok"...

later she lent me a BL manga,,, since then i got hooked on,,, then she start giving me other BL mangas which are really shocking,,, loooool,,, the hard core ones,,, ever since,, that,, i became a fan,,,

we often call that friend of mine as a yaoi virus,, now,, i also affect others,,, loooool....

she's a really good friend,, i love her,, :D

• Like 1

Same as wolfiechan, but anyway gotta summarize some.

My gay friend really like anime more than I do. He always recommends me to different types of anime (*i'm fine with all though). Then he suggested Kyou Kara Maou. Seeing a boy refer to other boy as a fiance didn't surprise me (*I was just probably an idiot or what.) I got hooked with it and finished it... still the same, no ill intentions or prejudice thoughts about wolfram and yuuri. In my mind they were just typical lovers with the same gender.

Then I was visiting the weird parts of youtube and saw Junjou Romantica. Voila* the kissing scene, then again it didn't affected me nor even aroused me. So to sum it up, Yaoi just entered in my daily life with complete normalcy about it. So I'm starting to get hook of it and I'm fine with it---whether shounen-ai, bara or yaoi...they're really worth the fun. But I still can't really watch GV, I might not be able to control the intensity of my nose.:cuteonion58:

• Like 1

Well, the first time I was introduced to yaoi (well, more the English term 'slash') was through a fanfic of Draco and Harry. I was browsing someone's favourite list one day when I was sixteen and I suddenly saw a oneshot with Draco and Harry as pairing.

I got curious, wanting to know how the hell someone could write those two together and started reading it. I had chosen a M rated fic so I immediately got an introduction as to how boys do it with each other LOL

After that fic, it was like there was a switch turned on and since then I read yaoi fics, yaoi manga, watch yaoi and am writing yaoi fics LOL

Gays have never weirded me out because my parents have raised me to be openminded, but until I was sixteen, I never thought of reading stories about them before LOL

• Like 1

Although not Yaoi, I also was introduced to manga/anime/BL via Kyo Kara Maoh! I love it - am passionate about it!

I'm furious that the novels aren't available in English (don't get me started - they were supposed to be released and weren't - could go on for days).

This is going to be a Long Story :3 You'll Be Warned :hamtaro-005 (6):

While i was surfing for some Naruto x Hinata Pictures I stumbled across A Very Naked Naruto with another Very Naked Sasuke On top of him.. Sooooo Graphic for my first time... At first i though that it was quite Disgusting and These Pictures should Be Burned *The Mind Of A Closed Person* :cuteonion51: Than I though that all these people Yaoi Fangirls!! Are Very Sick Minded People :leaf16:....

*A few Months Of me Hating Yaoi*

One Afternoon While Surfing for something romantic i stumbled across a story that had no genre on it, but the story sounded interesting to me... So I decided to read it by the first chapter i noticed that there absolutely nooo girls in it and the ones falling in love were guy on guy, i though i would be disgusted by it because of my hate thoughts towards it... But the story was sooo hard to put down... That i was like "what the heck!" And i finished the story... I was absolutely in love with it and every time they kiss rabbit13:leaf15: I was literary screaming from the overload cuteness going around :3 All i could think about was "WHY!! DIDNT THEY HAVE SEX!!! WHY!!!" :leaf7:

And that is How I Became Fanatic For Yaoi!! :hamtaro-005 (23):

• Like 1

My story is a bit of a long, coincidental one: I was reading the Darren Shan series (the novels; a friend suggested them to me). Then one day I saw our school had the manga version, so I got it out (that was my first manga :Red_fox: ). As with any school library, they only had the first couple of volumes of the story, but this stage I was hooked so I went online to see if I could read a scan there; I found Mangafox, and then finished reading the series. Then I wen't onto the advanced search to look for more manga, and for some reason clicked on the 'yaoi' tag. The rest, as they say, is history. I'm actually pretty glad though, because if it weren't for yaoi I might not have discovered Japan at all!:_red_fox 11 And looking back now, that would have been horrible :_red_fox 18

• 3 months later...

I came across Boy's love when I was about 15, and I was randomly watching a anime couples, type video. and I seen a lesbian/yuri & gay/yaoi couple in it, I thought it was cute :3 I had know idea there was such a thing in anime, and somehow I found Loveless and I guess it all went down from there.

I first got into yaoi when I was 9 or 10

- - - Updated - - -

I first got into yaoi when I was 9 or 10

Well, before I got really into any kind of anime/anime culture, I had already watched some gay themed stuff and read slash fanfiction, so I was pretty used to same sex pairings and explicit stuff already. XD

When I got really into anime I saw the term Yaoi very often and got curious. when I first found out what yaoi was, my reaction was basically 'oh I didn't know there was gay themed anime, I gotta watch this'. And then I found the manga and started reading some as well. Then I found Asian dramas, and from that I found BL dramas.

I must said it was completly natural. I search mangas to read and I found yaoi. I read, and think "it is nice, maybe i found something yet" and thats all "^^ I found many other yaoi and still found new and nice, and which I love ^^

think i first started yaoi around 8th grade. my bros brought boxes of mangas home from a friends house and told me to not read the mangas in a certain box. being young, of course it only sparks my interest so whenever they were gone, i snuck into the garage and took a look in the box to find the yaoi books in there! i was so curious how yaoi books were like so i read a few of the yaoi mangas and just couldn't drop them anymore lol:7yoyo10: