Tale as old as time :: Beauty and the Beast ::

iMarionette

He was surprised when the Beast came back in and said something about a room, but he shook his head no at the last part and followed him out of the tower. While he was walking he lagged behind and looked around looking at the creepy sculptures, a shiver ran down his spine.

The little light that was there was not helping with the hideous sculptures. He gasped in fright and ran up to catch up to the Beast, a tear formed in the corner of his eye. Joel just realized that he will never see his father again...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iMarionette

• yin_yang_lover

The Beast had snatched Lumiere from the ground, carrying him not as much to light the way ahead as to indulge into a quiet conversation. He frowned as the candelabra proposed that he say something to the boy, uncertain of what that something might be. The Beast turned his head slightly, watching the boy from the corner of his eye for a short moment before looking up ahead again.

“I–” it just didn’t seem appropriate, thought Kadan, but the Beast said it anyway. “I hope you like it here.” The words sounded hollow in the cold hallway. Lumiere nodded in approval, then prompted the Beast to continue.

“The castle is your home now. You may go anywhere you wish,” the Beast paused, thought better of his words, for he would never let anyone into his own chambers. “Except for the West Wing. You may go anywhere except the West Wing.”

Joel raised an eyebrow at that, he didn't want this place to be home! He wanted to go back and be with his father! Not here with some beast! "What's in the west wing?" He asked in a curious type of voice wondering why he couldn't go into the west wing not that he wanted to or anything. He sighed and realized that faith is just to cruel to him.

The Beast grunted. Was the boy stupid? “It is forbidden,” he said loudly, the tone of his voice implying that it would be better if the boy understood that.

As they reached the door of the room that would be the boy’s (awkwardly, the Beast realized he never asked for the boy’s name), the Beast pushed it open and stood aside to let the boy enter. “If there is anything you need,” he tried to sound kind, but spoke through gritted teeth. “My servants will attend to you.”

“Invite him to dinner,” Lumiere promptly whispered to the Beast.

“You will join me for dinner,” the Beast said, his temper rising as the candelabra kept whispering advice. “That is not a request!” It felt important to state as much. The Beast did not wait for a reply, rather left, slamming the door behind him. Dinner, bah! Of course the boy would join him; there was no need to request it when he could order it. The Beast was, after all, the master of the castle. He would have anything he wished for.

The Beast instructed his servants to begin preparing dinner, then retreated back inside his chambers. The rose still glowed mockingly, but the Beast felt oddly at ease watching it than he did earlier that day. For the first time in years… it felt as if he had a chance to break the spell.

(Could you also act as Mrs Potts and the Wardrobe in your next post? So we don’t cut the scene into tiny posts, write up until Cogsworth shows up again, yes? C:)

((Sure I can ^-^~ I'm going to skip Gastons song and put in the part about the father...))

Alexander ran inside of the tavern, he seemed to be out of breath, his eyes were looking quite frantic. "Help! Somebody help me!" The marriment died when the old man came inside, everybody looked at him like he had lost his mind. An elderly man looked at the graying blond. "Alexander?" He questioned with an odd look crossing over his face, " Please! Please, I need your help! He's got him. He's got him locked in the dungeon."

Once more the graying blond was making a fool out of himself shouting at the top of his lungs. Gaston's lackey looked at him with a raised eyebrow, he was quite confused as was everybody else. "Who?" "Joel. We must go. N-not a minute to lose!" Alexander was even more frantic then before.

"Whoa. Slow down Alexander! Who's got Joel locked up?" Gaston asked as he sat back in his chair looked quite amused about the man's behavior. "A beast!" He said in a terror filled voice. Then everybody started to laugh, one of the men looked at him, "Is it a big beast?" "Huge!" He said waving his arms around.

"With a long, ugly snout?" "Hideously ugly!" "And sharp, cruel fangs?" He nodded his head as he thought that they all believed him. "Yes. Yes! So will you help me?" Gaston looked like he was thinking for a minute before he smiled at Alexander. "Yes, yes old man we'll help you." The graying blonds blue eyes widened slightly. "You will? Oh thank you! Thank you!" Just then he was thrown outside in the cold by some men.

The door slammed shut in his face, "Crazy old Alexander. He's always good for a laugh!" The man who threw him out laughed and that made the raven stroke his chin in thought. "Crazy old Alexander, hmm? Crazy old Alexander. Hmmm? Marcus, I'm afraid I've been thinking." Marcus looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "A dangerous pastime.." Gaston laughed slightly and started to whisper his plan to him which caused them both to laugh. "Will no one help me..." The old man asked nobody.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joel was still crying on his bed, he felt so alone here, and the fact that he missed his father dearly... Just then there was a 'click click click' sound by his door. He raised his eyebrow up and moved over towards the door opening it up.

"Who's there?" He asked looking around until he heard a voice speak up. "Mrs. Potts, dear. I thought you might like a spot of tea." He was amazed at what he saw and smiled softly at the tea pot. "But you... Ah... I-" Just then he walked back and bumped into a wardrobe. " Oof. Careful!" It spoke which caused him to jump and turn around to look at it. He then walked back and sat down on the bed.

"This is impossible-" He said in complete and utter shock. The wardrobe then leaned on the bed causing the bed to bounce along with Joel. "I know it is but here we all are!" She said looking quite sad. A small tea cup bounced over after cream and sugar were poured into it.

"See mama! I told you he was pretty!" Joel smiled softly at the tea cup as he slid down on the ground. "All right, now, Chip. That'll do." She said shaking her tea pot body. "Slowly now so you don't spill." The blond picked him up and was about to take a sip before he heard the tea cup speak.

"Hey you want to see a trick!" He puffed out his cheeks and caused bubbles to appear in the tea. He then got scolded by his mother. He then apologized looking guilty, "That was a very brave thing you did, my dear." "We all think so!" Joel shook his head and frowned, "Yes but I lost my father along with my hopes and dreams.." He said looking down.

"Cheer up, child. It'll turn out all right in the end. You'll see. " Mrs. Potts looked at the clock on the wall quite shocked, "Oops! Look at me, jabbering on, when there's a supper to get on the table. Chip!" The tea cup hopped on the table and smiled at Joel. "Bye!" Once they were gone the wardrobe approaches him as he stands up.

"Well now, what shall we dress you in for dinner? Let's see what I've got in my drawers." When she opened her drawers flies came out making her laugh in an embarrassed kind of way. "Oh! How embarrassing. Here we are." She said as she pulled out a nice red tunic with dark maroon pants. "Ah! There, you'll look ravishing in this one!" She laughed lightly which caused Joel to sigh, "That's very kind of you, but I'm not going to dinner." She looked shocked at what she had heard. "Oh but you must!"

((Sorry if it's too long ^^'))

Cogsworth the clock spent half a minute checking himself out in the mirror; he had been knocked over, stepped on, burned and more, all in barely two days’ time. Once he decided he looked presentable enough, he waddled over to the boy’s room, drawing attention to himself with a subtle cough.

“Ahem. Dinner- is served.”

The Beast had taken little time to prepare himself for dinner, that is to say, he had done nothing at all to make himself more presentable. When he was called, he simply came down.

That was seven whole minutes ago.

“What is taking him so long?” the Beast paced back and forth in front of the fire, his temper rising with each passing moment. “I told him to come down. Why isn’t he here yet?!”

Mrs Potts, ready with a fresh brew of warm tea, and Lumiere shared a look.

“Do try to be patient, sir. The boy has lost his father and his freedom. It’s a lot to take in, in just one day,” said Mrs Potts.

“Master, erm,” Lumiere shook his candle hands nervously. “Have you thought that, perhaps, this boy could be the one to break the spell?”

“Of course I have,” the Beast growled angrily. “I am not a fool.”

“Good,” Lumiere said promptly. “You fall in love with him, he falls in love with you, and the spell will finally be broken! We’ll be human again by midnight!”

“Oh, it’s not that easy, Lumiere. These things take time,” said Mrs Potts.

“But the rose has already begun to wilt!”

“It’s no use,” the Beast said quietly, sounding oddly like his old self for a moment. “He is beautiful- so ridiculously beautiful and I am- well, look at me!” His tone had become louder again towards the end, irritation clear in his voice. Even if he wished so, Kadan could not forget that he was a Beast. His frown only deepened when Lumiere only shrugged, sharing another look with Mrs Potts.

“You must help him see past all that.”

“All that,” the Beast echoed bitterly. “And I don’t know how.”

Mrs Potts sighed, bouncing impatiently as she cast a critical eye over her master. “You can start by making yourself more presentable. Straighten up, try to act like a gentleman.”

The Beast seemed confused for a moment, then promptly sat up and straightened his expression, appearing very formal.

“Yes and, when he comes in, give him a dashing smile,” added Lumiere. “Come, come. Show us the smile.”

The Beast barred his ragged fangs, giving a rather peculiar grin; one not at all dashing, but perhaps somewhat ridiculously frightening. Or frighteningly ridiculous, should one dare laugh.

“But don’t frighten the poor boy.”

“Impress him with your rapier wit–”

“–but be gentle–”

“–shower him with compliments–”

“–but be sincere–”

“–and above all–”

Mrs Potts and Lumiere paused, then spoke together: “You must control your temper!”

The door creaked open, alarming the Beast to wipe the silly face off. He looked to the door expectantly, an expression that promptly changed to angry when Cogsworth entered.

“Uh, good evening,” said the clock.

The Beast growled in reply. “Where is he?”

“Who?” Cogsworth asked weakly. “Ah, the boy. Yes the, erm, boy. Well, actually, he is in the process of, ah, circumstances being what they are, um- he’s not coming.”

“WHAT?!”

The door opened with a bang, letting through the very angry Beast and his servants hurrying after their master. “Your grace!” Cogsworth nearly fell over, straining himself both running and shouting after the Beast. “Your eminence! Let’s not be hasty!”

Too soon the Beast reached the door to Joel’s room, banging on it harshly so the wood shook in its frame. “I thought I told you to come down to dinner!”

(Looks good
;)
)

((I would say so~ ^-^))

Joel jumped from his spot on the bed when he heard the door being banged on he sighed and sat up cross legged and crossed his arms over his chest, his eyes were still puffy from all of his crying. He really hated it here but at least the people or objects were nice and good company unlike that monster outside of his door.

He then got up and walked towards the door but stopped a few feet from it. "I'm not hungry." He said in a calm and quiet voice but loud enough for the beast to hear him.

Not hungry? No one asked if he was hungry! “You’ll come down or I’ll- I’ll break down the door,” the Beast threatened; he could do it, of course, but it felt a bit awkward to be saying it to this stubborn boy. Lumiere interrupted him as if to prove that point. “Master, I could be wrong, but that may not be the best way to win the boy’s affections.”

“Please,” Cogsworth added. “Attempt to be a gentleman.”

The Beast shot them a look, growling through gritted teeth. “But he is being so- difficult.”

“Gently,” said Mrs Potts. “Gently.”

The Beast took a deep breath, looked to the door and spoke, though very dejected. “Will you come down to dinner?”

Joel thought about it for a minute, well he was trying... He shook his head and crossed his arms over his chest glaring heatedly at the door. No way in hell was he going to eat with him... But then again he does keep threatening him and he didn't like that one bit!

He was going to stand his ground, he had a lot on his mind and food was far from it. He took in a deep breath before he answered again. "No!" His voice was firmer then before, hey he had to stand up to the beast!

The Beast promptly turned his gaze towards his servants, pointing at the door forcefully with an expression that clearly said “See?!”

“Gently,” said Cogsworth again.

The Beast grunted, even bowed at the door in his attempt to fit the role and be formal. “It would give me great pleasure if you would join me for dinner.”

“Ahem,” Cogsworth added. “We say ‘please’.”

“…please.”

Oh, the things he would do.

• 2 months later...

Joel was getting quite irritated with the beast at this point, why can't he just leave him alone! All he wanted to do is be left alone and cry out his sadness. His arms crossed over his chest once again, he then sat down on the bed. His bright blue eyes closing in an irritated kind of way. "No, thank you." He said in a very stubborn kind of way.

(Sorry I haven't replied in so long deary... I hope you still want to keep this rp up and running. ^-^)