A pet for keeps 18+ (Pigeon)

Rumpleteaser

1455160f70682d739c2e427ac07b6973.jpg

Name: Fion Fujimoto

Coat pattern: As a cat he is black all over with a large, white tuft on his chest. He is a medium-hair with a long, busy tail. He's rather small in size for an adult male and currently rather scrawny.

Likes: Building things, working, meaty foods, drinks with lots of cream or icecream, movies, warm bodies

Dislikes: People who sing in the shower, getting wet, sleeping in public places, strong winds, lightning, relying on others

History: Fion's family are all nekos. They live over the other side of Tokyo in a large house. He comes from a large extended family but most have moved away and had families of their own by now. Only the older generation still live in the family home, along with his oldest brother (and his children) who is set to inherit the place. His mother has had two litters of six kittens. That was a lot of mouths to feed growing up but somehow the extended family have always managed. After all, it's quite common for nekos to have large families.

Fion wasn't smart enough or studious enough to get into university or further his career so he got a job early and dropped out of school. He moved out as soon as he was able to afford rent so he could be closer to the factory. He's worked at the factory, making shoes and other textiles, ever since. Unfortunately, two months ago the company went bust and all the workers were laid off. That meant a lot of people looking for work in the same industry. Fion hasn't managed to get work anywhere because he's too old to start something new and has no experience in anything else. He's too proud to go back to his family and live under his brother's roof and is now behind in rent. He's not likely to make it much longer before he's kicked out of home and on the streets. He really has no idea what to do and is looking for any opportunity to keep himself afloat.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kotorichan

• Rumpleteaser

Name: Illimio Martis (Picture in progress)

Appearance: Illi has pitch black hair that reaches down to his waist. His eyes are also completely black, without any whites, which makes it impossible to tell what exactly he is looking at. He is very pale, almost pure white, and very tall and thin. He also has huge black wings, that span almost ten feet when they're stretched open.

Likes: Darkness, small places, fruit, cold things, reading

Dislikes: Brightness, heat, spicy food

Bio: Illi is from an almost extinct species. He was found in a village that had been ravaged by disease as a small child and was adopted by a very rich family who raised him. He works as a writer and mostly stays to himself. He isn’t very good at socializing with others but is also fascinated by the way people think and behave. Illi is also very fascinated by death after watching his family die when he was in his own village (More of his history and personality will be revealed through the rp)

The neko's stomach growled, which caused him to growl at himself in frustration. He knew he was hungry, his stomach didn't have to keep making annoying noises. Fion Fujimoto hadn't had a bite to eat all day, despite scrounging around his usual haunts, such as the local butcher, a few restaurants and the local shopping center. He was hoping the next butcher he went to would be oblivious enough not to notice him sneaking in the back door to steal a large hunk of meat. The problem was, this particular butcher already suspected him of being more than a common cat. No cat was intelligent enough to get away with rump steak or sausages that many times. Fion had to be more careful he didn't get noticed or he'd be caught stealing and charged with shoplifting. The last things Fion needed were to be captured as a neko or get himself a criminal record over a few scraps of meat.

Fion bounded from one shaded alcove to another, trying to avoid the rain as much as possible. It couldn't be helped. If he wanted to eat, he'd have to go out in the rain. When he got the butcher he sat across the street cleaning himself off. His tail swayed back and forth and he inconspicuously watched the shop he'd be stealing from. It took him a while to get comfortable with the idea of what he was about to do. It was a risky business. Finally, the kitty lowered his head and darted across to the alleyway beside the store and hid under the rubbish bin. He knew he could probably find scraps of meat in the rubbish but he wasn't that desperate yet. He still had standards.

Another growl came from the neko's stomach and his fur fluffed up even more. If it was any louder the humans would hear it! It took a lot of licking to settle him down while he waited for someone to open the back door. The neko immediately darted forward and took the chance to dash inside. He dove straight under a counter and waited for someone to walk past. There had to be some meat somewhere! He tilted his nose up and sniffed the air, walking along the back of the bench until he could see where the butcher's slicer was. Success! It looked like he was slicing lamb into schnitzels.

A whole fifteen minutes later, Fion was trotting along the street with a long piece of lamb trailing down between his legs. It was so big he was almost tripping over it. Fion's tail swayed happily. He certainly looked like the cat who'd got the cream. His stomach was growling even louder now at the taste of meat and he couldn't wait to get home to fry the thing up.

It was uncommon to see Illimio outside before nightfall, but today was one of the days that he actually had to run some errands during the day. His body was covered with dark clothing, including a hood that he kept pulled over his head and dark sunglasses that protected his sensitive eyes. He hated the feeling of the sun on his skin, it made him itch horribly.

Illi's day was spent shopping for clothing and materials he needed for his work. Finally when he was finished he began to drive home. He slowed down as he noticed what seemed to be a walking piece of meat. After looking closer he realized that it was a cat carrying the meat. Illi slowed to a stop and slipped out of his car, quietly trailing after the animal. For a moment he just watched but finally he quickened his pace to catch up with the cat. He crouched down and reached out to touch the animal's fur.

"So cute..." He murmured. "Hey kitty, how would you like to come home with me? I can give you much tastier food and a nice warm place to sleep." He smiled down at the creature. He hadn't had a pet since he moved out on his own, and was really missing the company.

The little kitty was so pleased with his work at the butcher's that he hardly noticed the car pulling up beside him. He kept slinking along the shop fronts, keeping under cover as much as possible. Even so, his fur was wet and starting to clump together. He looked so small and bedraggled next to the comically large piece of meat he was carrying.

It wasn't until a hand was reaching out to him that he realised he was being followed. He jumped backwards twice, hair raised, then crouched low and batted at the hand in a curious fashion. He quickly grabbed his meat, backed away a little and watched the person with wary eyes. There he remained frozen for a few long seconds before creeping forward to sniff the man's hand. His wet little nosey butted up against the man's fingertips before he rubbed the side of his face against the man's fingers. Fion then let go of the meat and started to rub circles around the man's ankles. His tail curled around the man and he purred loudly.

Food! A warm bed! It sounded wonderful. He had to check it out. Even if it turned out to be a trick, Fion was sure he'd be able to get away, maybe even steal a few precious items in compensation. He wasn't going to leave his slab of schnitzel behind though. If he was going anywhere, it was coming with him. He'd earned it fair and square.

20170517_015317.jpg Here's a picture of Illi

Illi smiled brightly as the cat came over to rub against him. He almost immediately scooped the kitten up into his arms, nuzzling it's first. "So cute..." His feathers fluffed up slightly as he rose to his feet. He stared down at the meat for a few moments before crouching down and picking it up. "I guess there's no point in wasting this is there?" He hummed softly and carried the kitten into his car, setting it down on the seat next to him before starting it up.

"I think you're gonna really like my house, it has a big yard so you have lots of space to run around without worrying about cars." Illi was far more talkative with animals than he was with people. Animals were safe in his mind, they would never betray him. People on the other hand. "I don't have any toys for you, but I'll get some."

He began drive out of the town and into the nearby forest. Eventually they reached a large estate hidden within the trees. The house was an old mansion, made of dark oak. The whole thing was straight from the victorian era, so beautifully kept it seemed like it was made just yesterday.

Illi pulled into the driveway and opened up the door for the cat. "Okay, welcome home."

To say it was a relief that the stranger picked up the slice of meat was an understatement. Fion was not ready to part with it. He patted his paws playfully towards it but didn't struggle as he was picked up and carried into the car. The cat immediately stood up on the front seat with his paws on the dashboard so he could watch where they were going. He watched the world go by, wonder where exactly he was being taken.

It wasn't until they got out of the city that Fion started to feel uncomfortable. He got down from sitting on the dashboard and put his paws on the side window instead. His wet nosey pressed against the cold glass and his tail lashed back and forth. He'd never been to this part of the country before and he was starting to get very uncomfortable. His ears tilted flat and he let out a long, distressed yowl before sitting back in the chair and looking across at the stranger. Where was he taking him? Did he really live this far out or had he gotten into the car with some strange psycho? He'd have little change of getting back to safety from the countryside. It would be a long walk back to the city.

When the car pulled up at some strange, Victorian mansion, the cat looked between the stranger and the door for a long time before finally deciding to get out. He moved forward cautiously, one paw at a time, before deciding the stranger must be some sort of servant who lived in the giant home. He looked up at the man and miaowed before trotting closer to rub up against his leg. He stood up on his hind legs and kept rubbing the side of his face against the man's leg. The kitty kitty was purring like an outboard motor he was so loud.

Illi gathered his things as well as the meat the cat had brought and walked towards the front door. "I haven't had a pet since I moved here... It gets a bit lonely in such a huge house. But I can't imagine getting a roommate..." He shuddered slightly at the thought and pushed the door open. "Make yourself at home, please don't destroy any furniture or the house. But if you do I'll forgive you since you're so cute." He smiled and carried his things into the kitchen.

The inside of the house matched the exterior, beautifully accurate victorian style. However it was all dark blue and black, making it feel much smaller and darker than it really was. The windows were covered with light blocking curtains and all the lights were very dim. It was like being in a very high class cave rather than being in a house.

Illi began to put his things away in the kitchen, leaving the front door open for the cat to wander in at his leisure.

The cat looked up and miaowed when the stranger talked. Did he realise he was talking to a cat or did he suspect that Fion was a nekomimi? It was most likely the guy took him for a normal cat and just liked talking to animals, given what he'd said about a housemate. Boy, was he in for a surprise!

Fion continued to trot alongside the stranger, batting at his feet every now and then or curling around him. He purred loudly as he came into the house and tilted his nose up to get a sniff of the place. He'd never been anywhere this fancy before. Who was this stranger? He wasn't one of the servants, was he? The neko followed his companion into the kitchen and leaped up onto the kitchen counter. He began sniffing around for the meat and found it in amongst the things the stranger had brought in.

The strangest thing then happened. The cat shifted into a human, complete with neko ears and tail. He looked over at the stranger and stretched out as a yawn.

'Do you mind if I use the frypan? That meat's had a lot of mileage so I should probably cook it before I eat it,' he said, as though it were the most normal thing in the world for a cat to suddenly be a human.

Illi's eyes grew wide as the adorable kitty morphed before his eyes. The box of eggs he was holding slipped out of his hand and smashed on the ground as he tried to understand what was happening. His breath came out in a horrible, high pitched screech that sounded almost like a barn owl. The noise was so loud that it made the glass in the room shake.

His wings fluffed up so he appeared almost twice his size. He grabbed the nearest object, a head of lettuce, and threw it at the stranger. As soon as the lettuce left his hand Illi bolted out of the room to hide behind the couch of his pitch black living room. His panicked breathing could be heard as his mind spun in confusion.

The cat had been so cute, Illi just wanted a cute little pet to keep him company. Why did this man have to turn up like this? What did he want? Where had the cat gone? He just couldn't wrap his mind around the idea that the cat had truly changed into a man.

Fion sighed and slid off the bench. He walked over to the living room slowly and crouched down by the door. He tilted his head to try to see if he could see the guy under the couch but didn't come any closer.

'This is your first time seeing a jellicle, huh?' he asked the couch. 'It's okay, you can come out. I won't hurt you.'

The nekomimi sat down with his legs crossed and rubbed at his ear. He gave it a bit of a scratch as he thought about how he might go about convincing the guy to come out.

'I can transform back into a cat if you like but I won't be able to talk. That little kitty with the piece of meat was me. You brought me here in your car so I can't very well walk all the way back to town,' he said. Maybe if he talked calmly for a while the guy would come out. 'What's your name? I'm Fion, Fion Fujimoto. I come from a long line of people who can transform into cats. How about you? What sort of creature are you? I've never met anyone like you before.'

Illi leaned up to peek over the back of the couch to stare at the man, trying to calm his breathing. His body was still shaking when he finally opened his mouth to speak. "Illimo..." He mumbled, his feathers still fluffed up. "I'm an Aimya... We're almost extinct so..." He trailed off, his curiosity getting the best of him as he fluttered over the back of the couch and crouched on the cushions. "If you can turn into a kirry... Does that mean you're nice like a kitty?"

"People are mean, but I like cats." He stayed crouching, his wings spread slightly so he could take off at any moment. If this person was still nice like a cat then maybe this was perfect... Illi did sometimes wish that he could spend time with someone who would talk back to him, something like a friend...

'Hello Illimo,' he said in a friendly tone. The other guy sure was skittish. 'Yeah, I'm one of the nice ones.'

'I'm a cat and a human... and a nekomimi. Does that mean I'm mean or okay with you?' he asked. He spread his legs out and rested back on his hands. 'If you don't want me around, could you at least drop me back in town. I don't have any way of getting home without you.'

Fion looked around and tilted his nose up to sniff the air. The place smelled clean but rather empty. Were there any servants? Who took care of a place this big? With how empty it seemed, he was surprised the whole place wasn't covered in a layer of dust.

'Do you live here alone?' Fion asked, mostly making conversation.

"I... I want a friend..." Illi said quietly. "I don't want to be friends if you're mean. Only if you're nice." He slowly allowed himself to relax but his gaze stayed fixed on the other man, watching his every movement.

"I live alone, there's a maid who comes by every other week to clean." He lightly bit his lip, finally allowing his gaze to drop to the floor. "It's lonely sometimes... But people are too mean, so it's better to be alone."

He fluttered off the couch and landed in front of Fion, leaning close. "But if you're my friend then I won't have to be lonely. We'll have each other, right..?"

'I can be your friend,' Fion said softly. His ears twitched and he sniffed softly at the air. A second later he was a cat again and came trotting up to the shy Illimo. He leaped up on the couch and nuzzled the top of his head softly against the man. The next second he'd shifted again, sitting comfortable on the couch in the exact same spot.

'You'll never meet any of the nice ones if you think all people are mean,' he said. 'You have to just hope for the best and turn your back on the ones that are mean, otherwise you'll always be alone.'

'That sounds almost like you're looking for a boyfriend. I don't really think you want that, do you?' he said, laughing softly. He didn't want to be too loud unless he startled Illimo. 'So what's an Aimya?'

Illi flinched as the cat turned back into a human next to him, but this time he didn't try to pull away. His eyes grew wide at the man's suggestion, his face reddening. "A... A boyfriend?" His voice came out as a squeak. "I-I never thought of that..." His feathers fluffed up again. "But... Now that you mention it... That might be nice..."

"A-ah, Aimya..." He quickly moved on to the next question. "Aimya, we're like birds... Well, more like owls or maybe even bats... We are from a mountainous area and mostly live in caves." He gestured to his pitch black eyes. "My eyes look funny because they're really sensitive to light. Since we would only go outside of the caves during the night. I also hate the heat because I'm from our native land..."

He paused for a few moments, unsure of how to continue. "We're... Almost all dead though. We were secluded from the world for a long time. So when we got found a lot of us died from outside sicknesses, then even more of us were taken as exotic pets, or hunted for our feathers."

The boy's gaze seemed to go straight through Fion as he continued, mentally returning to his homeland. "I was born in a village of my people... But they all got sick one day. And one by one they all died. When everyone was gone I wandered off into the snow. I thought I was dead too. But I stumbled on a road and someone drove by and saw me. So they picked me up and I ended up surviving."