Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    gin Inventory
    Gin YO Fall Festival Special Mikazuki Special Card

Re: My Durian Adventure

I could only eat durian in one condition: it has to be made a candy.

Durian candy's delicious.

Position
    Uke
    Credits
    lukaXGAMErs Inventory
    Aijima Cecil Barnaby Brooks Jr. Kotetsu T. Kaburagi Valentine - Katekyo

Durian is so sweet and I like it! But I hate the smell, filipinos likes Durian too. ^^

Position
    Uke
    Credits
    milo001 Inventory

I don't like the real fruit but I like durian flavour ice cream.

Position
    Secret
    Credits
    Panda01 Inventory
    Erza Scarlet [male-version] Akihito Takaba Masamune Takano Riku Kurose

haha My favourite fruit, durian. I suggest you try musang king durian from Malaysia. The smell is not that strong and the flesh texture is very creamy

Musang King is expensive, too!

Musang King is also called 猫山王 (mao shan wang) which means "King of the Cat Mountain" literally. The one on the top left is your MK. Bear in mind to be very careful when you're purchasing. There are unscrupulous little toots that con the oblivious. Throw in a lookalike breed (which will taste sub-par in the face of a real MK) and charge you for the real thing.

Best to being a connoisseur along. Otherwise, do you homework and skim through that nice ol' list there.

If you want to give durian a try, but fear its unique bitterness and pungent smell, I would start off introducing this prickly guy into your palette in the form of ...

[ M O U N T A I N . D U R I A N ]

W H Y ?

It has the sweetness of durian, and similar texture. All in fun sizes! Often cutely round too. Like a green, prickly Kirby, ha. You'll barely smell anything if the cover is intact. Yes, they're ugly little urchins on ths outside, but when you split it open ... gush at its orange glory.

The only issue I have with is that their flesh is thin compared to the big guys. Oh well. In a way it's good if durian is a stranger to your tongue and nose - wouldn't want to be smothered and scared off upon your maiden attempt, would we?

They're great for beginners. They're like ... the cutesy little onigiri to the comprehensive sushi world. Try it, and if you think you can handle something with a bit more power, you're ready to begin your quest to find your favourite durian. If you like the Mountain Durian as it is, and would like to stick to that, all the power to you!

I had durian and now my breath is awful!

Burp it out.

If it's difficult for you, drink something fizzy that goes well with salt. I personally recommend Coca-Cola or Sarsi by Fraser & Neave.

"Salt?!"

Yes. Only by half a teaspoon for a whole bottle, really. Makes it fizzier. Gulp it down. And burp. Burp it aaall out. Burp your satisfaction out through alphe-burps (alphabet burps), if you want.

I do not suggest adding salt into something sweet and stagnant by default though, like Fanta. Drinking fruit pops on their own don't really get the gas going for me, but maybe every body is different.
    Last edited by 23 degrees Celsius; 07-21-2016 at 07:37 AM.

Credits
    Justme Inventory
    Hinata YO Host 2017 YO Host 2016 Midori

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    There are so many types of Durian? The part with drinking fizzy drinks after it and burping made me laugh. Orbit doesn't do the trick?

Oh geez, yes. I gave up trying to remember their breeds. Mostly, I just avoid durians that look too perfect (premature harvest) or too dark with a black tint (rotten somewhere inside). One of my many parents (long story) sells durians and other fruits like rambutan and mangosteen when the season rolls by so I never picked up the skills to distinguish them; someone does the work for me and ensures I get the best always. //shrugs

Do you mean Orbitz, the translucent drink with little bits? If so, they're not carbonated and thus not gassy enough to trigger a burping reflex upon swallow. If anything, it'll make you feel bloated because of all the durian you had mixed inside your stomach. (ó﹏ò。)

Credits
    Justme Inventory
    Hinata YO Host 2017 YO Host 2016 Midori

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You are lucky to be able to eat such goodies for free!

No, no, I mean the mint chewing gum. It would not help get rid of the Durian smell?

9. The following user likes this post by Justme:

It could, but I always expel the smell from inside my stomach in case I burped in front of someone and become a walking stinkbomb.

Position
    Secret
    Credits
    phantom6man Inventory
    Hyakuya Mikaela Rin - VIP Card for Blog VIP Card for Blog Toma

Durian in the Philippines during season time is so cheap, you can basically have one open and taste it before you decide to buy it. I'm not really a fan of the fruit though, it gives me high blood pressure every time I eat that exceptions when I was diagnosed with dengue. Also, isn't it weird that I'm fine with the smell but not with the taste?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Yaoi Manga, KPop Profiles