Sword Art Online V2: Reboot and Reactivate (alexia__ and ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~, Mature?)

~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

The Plot:

Sword Art Online. One of the most popular games in the history of gaming. Over one million players. Thousands of missions. Hundreds of guilds. And yet, one of the most tragic happenings ever to take place.

Even so, someone within a big gaming company, started the game servers up again, rebooting the game, and making it even better than before, taking the original SAO game, and merging it with Gun Gale Online.

The game hit the shelves, and at first, people were hesitant in buying it, but soon it was flying off the shelves, and soon was out of stock in many stores. Rates were high, and the game soon was given a five star rating.

But was it safe? Was it really something people should be playing? Or was it something else, a trap? The people would just have to wait and see.

Shinji Yukaro was one of the testers of the game. Many confused him for a girl, but he let this slide. At least he got to play games, which was his favorite hobby, when he wasn't stuck in school. It is also apparent he is hiding something. Something important. Something deep. What is he hiding?

My Character:

Name: Shinji Yukaro

Birthday: August 19th

Ethnicity: Japanese

Hometown: Tokyo, Japan

Position: Uke

Regular Appearance:

Height: 5' 4"

Weight: 84 lbs

Eyes: Has large light blue eyes, that have flecks of green in them. He wears oval, green rimmed glasses

Hair: Has slightly long, scruffy light blonde hair, his bangs flopping in his eyes.

Skin: Pale ivory

Markings: Has a small mole underneath his left eye. Has another small mole by the right side of his bottom lip

Clothing: Usually wears oversized long sleeved shirts, any design, any color. His pants are a little big as well, so he wears a belt too. For shoes, he wears old scruffed white sneakers.

Other: Has a bracelet he got from an old friend, it is a braided green and white.

Height: 5' 7"

Weight: 121 lbs

Eyes: Light blue, with darker blue around the edge

Hair: Longish hair, bleach blonde in color. A but of his hair is longer on the left side, he ties that bit up with a black string.

Skin: Slightly tanned

Markings: A small mole under his left eye, and a mole by his lip

Clothing: Wears a grey long sleeved shirt, long black skinny pants, and knee high black boots that buckle at the top. He also wears black fingerless gloves. A long white scarf is wrapped around his neck, covering the bottom half of his face.

Other: Wears a similar bracelet to the one he owns IRL

B6itMQxCQAAGN-W.jpg

Personality: Shy, withdrawn, and quiet. More revealed ic

Saying: "Sometimes it's best to stay hidden. To hide our true selves. That way we can't get hurt. We can't become vulnerable. Because what could be worse than opening up to someone, just to have them tear you down, from the inside out? I've felt that pain before...and I don't ever think I'll be able to get back up."

Background: Revealed IC

Avatar information: TBA IC (let's just say...he's a bad ass in game)

Other: When he is in game, he's a lot more confident.

Quote: "What do you mean you give up? There's still a fifty percent chance you can win this! Don't you dare give up, or I'll never forgive you. Nor will I let you forget that you let thousands of people die. Get back on your feet, and win this!"

Theme Songs:

It was another normal day. Normal as in boring, with absolutely nothing even halfway entertaining going on. At least, that's how it was for Shinji Yukaro, as he sat at a desk, listening to his teacher give their lecture of the day's lessons. He sighs, staring out the window, the weather outside perfect. Well, perfect for those who liked hanging outside, doing outside things. But Shinji wasn't one of those people. He'd rather stay inside, at home, and play video games, watch anime, or read manga. He's perfectly fine letting the athletic people do their thing, as long as he got to do his own.

He glances over at the clock that was hanging on the all over the doorway, the hands on it's face turning so slowly. It was almost time for school to be over, but it seemed as if it was taking forever for that moment to get there. But it did eventually, and the bell signalling that school was over for that day rings, and the students begin to leave their desks. Shinji waits a little bit, preferring to be a little less crowded by the other students. The calls of students to each other, saying "Dewa mata ashita!" To each other, as they went their separate ways.

By the time that Shinji left the school, it was nearly empty, except for those who stayed for after school activities, like sports, clubs, and student council. He gets his shoes from the front lobby, slipping them on, shouldering his bag, and leaves the school. He sighs in relief, glad that it was over. For that day anyways. He had school tomorrow too, but since it was a Saturday, it was only a half day he had to endure. He walks down the beaten path towards his house, which was a few blocks away from the school.

Reaching his home, he slides open the door, and calls out to his mother, whom he guessed was in the kitchen, working on dinner for that evening. "Tadaima...Watashi wa jibun no heya ni narudarou..." He goes up the stairs to his room, closing the door behind him, and drops his books on the floor near his bed. He pushes the power button to his computer, so it was now on, and while he was waiting for the computer to boot up, changes his clothing, from his school outfit to something more comfortable, a long-sleeved shirt, and a pair of sweatpants.

Once done, he places a game disc in his computer's disc slot, and puts on his headgear, laying down on his bed, and sighs. He was finally doing something he enjoyed. Logging onto «Sword Art Online» he says, "Link Start!" after powering-on NerveGear hardware. A brief few seconds of tunnel-vision colors are seen while the NerveGear intercepts signals from Shinji's brain, before the powerup screen is seen. A pre-game status check then confirms the link connection of the five senses: touch, sight, hearing, smell, and taste.

All this is done, and soon he was standing in his favorite place in the whole world. A video game. He grins, happy to finally be there. He glances around, having checked out last time in his room. He leaves it, locking the door behind him, and goes out into the main part of the hotel. People greet him, and he raises a hand in acknowledgment. They knew who he was, and some even hated him for it. But he ignored all that. The world, now known as New World City, or NWC for short, was his favorite place to be. How could mere words of hatred stop him from being, or doing, what he loved?

(Translation: 1st: See you tomorrow! 2nd: I'm home! I'll be in my room.)(Don't worry, while he's in game, I'll have him speak "english")

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

• alexia__

Character Sheet

Name: Norman Lance

Ethnicity: British, but is currently studying in Japan

Position: seme

Appearance:

Height: 5'9

Weight: 120 lb

Build: Muscular but slim since he is tall.

-White pale with pitch black hair, eyes are deep blue and very flushed colored cheeks.

-Will usually be seen wearing dress pants and shirts for his work or casual shirts with jeans on regular days.

Name: Len

Height:5'9

Weight: 125 lb

-White skin with dark coffee hair, has a left blue eye and a right blood red one.

-Wears long dark coat, with a matching black scarf. Under has white t-shirt and tight leather pants has 2 large guns beside his belt. Wears a large sword on the back of his coat and has 2 large bullet straps in the front by his chest. Usually found covering all his facial features with a dark head cover.

275267.jpg

Lance's day had been ridiculously busy, being in his last year of high school as a study abroad student was harder than most people thought. So far he loved Japan, it was friendly, creative in many aspects and had great food! . The schools were formal and the private institute Lance attended had more than exceeded his expectations. But it was days like these where he wished his parents weren't half a world away so he could stay home and wash away all the stress. Lately he had come across some stress reliving activities, the school provided track, which he had joined, and had quickly become attached to, the other was a popular video game floating around in every Japanese's teens head. Sword Art Online or SAO for short.

Having some hock ups had allowed Lance to try the game ahead of its release date and instantly found himself drawn to it, that's why that day he got home, showered and quickly found himself powering the NerveGear and falling trapped to the game.

He woke up in the forest where he had left his character after a long mission to gain the last gun in his set. Now he owned 2 twin matching guns that did more than please him.

"Great" he spoke happily as he placed them back in his belt and opened up a virtual map.

Although Lance, or Len as known in SAO, usually stayed away from over populated areas he wanted to make a stop on a rather growing city in the game. New World City was rumored to have all sorts of sword dealers and he was in need of one to complete his set. Marking his destination Len set off to NWC.

He had left the motel like building he'd been staying in, and began to just wander around, minding his own business. However, it wasn't before long, like usual, he ran into trouble. Many of the more rough players liked to try and steal his possessions, mainly his rare weapons, a set of two swords. One had a pure white blade, with a black hilt, and white ribbon around the hilt. Encrusted into the blade, was a line of black jewels. The other was made just like it, but the colors were reversed. Where there was white on the first blade, it was black on this one. So black blade, white hilt, black ribbon, and white jewels. They were also uniquely shaped, the blade not just straight, but curved and artistic. These were a one of a kind blade set, a Legend from the original SAO game.

For a while, he ignored the people who were following him. He knew, that if he wanted to, he could destroy these guys in one go, but didn't want to. He sighs softly, trying to block out there presence, since they were doing a terrible job at hiding from him. Eventually they reach the edge of NWC, and they decide to attack him. Since they were no longer in a safe zone, they were able to attack, since one couldn,t attack another in the city limits. One shoots at him, and he easily dodges, another tries hitting him with a club. He dodges that too. Each attack they threw at him he dodged, not once drawing his swords to fight back. This annoyed them, and they started cussing at him. "Why can't they just leave me alone?" He mutters to himself, and out of the corner of his eye, he spots someone slightly familiar. It was a a beta tester, who had joined late in the testing.

The shot had been quite loud snapping Len out of his thoughts, he had been thinking on what type of sword to buy. The money was not at limit because of all the missions he had done, so you can say he wanted to be extravagant this time, but what he did not expect was the loud bang! that erupted throughout his ears.

"Dammit who's fighting here" whispered Len pulling his coverage closer to cover the small section of his hair that showed.

Looking to his left he noticed a group of guys persecuting a smaller boy.

"Bulling? how original" said Len loud enough for the guys to hear.

The younger boy did not look defenseless but had not attacked yet, so Len could only imagined what the boy was hiding.

At that point in the game the guys had focused their attention on both Len and the younger boy, some of them laughed and others snickered.

"Lower levels are such a pain, can't even leave a guy alone" He whispered as he noticed the younger boy's sword.

Placing his hand of a gun in his belt Len gets ready to attack that guys that are watching him closely. 'So they wanted his sword?' Interesting.

Both the fact that such a timid looking boy was carrying such a weapon and also managed to be one of the testers (if Len's mind served him correctly) more than intrigued him.

"So! what do you plant to do?" screamed Len to the boy standing a distance away.

'This should be good' he thought .

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

He dodges another bullet as the other tester came up, and soon they were both dodging attack, Shinji still not having made a move to fight back. However, he doubted that option would last for much longer, as more and more lower level players showed up, and began attacking as well. The other calls to him, asking what he was planning to do. He simply glances at him, and grins. Rather than tell him, Shinji decides to show him what he was going to do.

In the blink of an eye, he vanishes from the spot, only to reappear midair, kicking out at one of the players, knocking hm out and making his avatar disappear in one kick. He lands nimbly on the ground, and attacks again, his movements nearly impossible to see with the naked eye, his form just a mere blur. Punching, kicking, using all kinds of hand to hand techniques, he knocks all of them out, and soon it was just the two of them standing there. Not once had Shinji pulled out his swords, not once had he used any of the weapons he had on him.

Brushing some dust off of his hands and arms, he turns around, and walks away, leaving a dumbfounded group of people behind, because for some reason, wherever there was a fight, a crowd always formed to watch. He glances back at the other male for a moment, before continuing on his way. He then walks down the street, going back to minding his own business. His real name might have been Shinji, but in game, those who knew him, his name was Shiro. However he doubted the guy from before knew that, as they'd never really talked before.

Lovely swords were not meant to be wasted on trashed though Len as he also walked away from the spot, to collect his own treasure sword. For a while Len's thoughts were stuck on blonde hair strands that flew in the wind as they fiercely attacked. That guys movements had been quick, sudden and effortless making it even more astonishing to see.

"Maybe I should practice hands on as well" said Len under his breath.

Len had always loved his weapons and showed them much attention in battles. His gun had been with him since he first began to play and has leveled up to become and extraordinary weapon, now with its twin partner both guns would do even better damage but what really appealed to Len's senses was his sword. It hand been a black katana at the time with a bright red palm ornament that matched his right eye; the katana had been lost in the process of gaining the twin gun.

It had been a shame, truly, but Len was ready to upgrade either way. The shop was rather dark and musty but had extensive collections of swords which took Len's mind off of the boys hair and his older katana friend.

"Hello what do you plan on getting" asked the shop keeper with a slight smile.

"I don't have a price range show me your best" replied Len.

After seeing many swords Len began to think that maybe his old Katana was the only sword for him. All weapons shown to him where either extremely useless or unappealing, none which were an option.

"Maybe i really should give up on this specialty of weapon" said Len to the shop keeper

"mhhh lets try one more, yeah?" the older man moved to the back of the shop and returned with a rather larger box.

"This one is going to cost but its a beauty i named it 'Demon king' and for what I've heard its rare"

It took only a glimpse for Len to see that he had made his choice. Demon king or not that sword described him.

He smiled as he held his new addition.

Len's new sword

daedric-sword.png

Despite not using his weapons that often, he made sure to keep them in good shape. He makes his way to a rather run down old shop, and goes inside. He knew the place was a good one, he'd been there several times before, however the old man who ran the place often jiffed customers by giving them fake rarities. Adjusting his eyes to the inside of a building, this one being dimmer than most, he was surprised to see the guy from before was there, holding a sword in his hands. The old man looks up to see him, and by the look on his face, he was up/to his tricks again.

"Oh, hello Shiro-hi, good to see you again!" He says, rubbing his hands together, a nervous twitch forming by his eyes. "Old man Yama, you better not be selling your usual 'fake rare swords' again. You did that in the other game too. And you know I'll know if it's genuine or not. So, tell me...are you lying to this man?" Shiro's voice was stern, but gentle, and while he was talking, his eyes sparkled with kindness and understanding. "No, no, I'm not lying! Please don't chop another one of my swords in half again."

"Okay then, I believe you." He was amused, as the last time he'd caught the old man lying, he'd taken it and chopped it in half with his own sword. Nothing could damage his blades, but it was easy for him to slice another in half. He glances over at the other person. "Looks like you got lucky. The old man had something really good this time." He then pulls out a rather fancy looking gun from his belt, and places it on the table. Next to it, he places a fancy silver dagger, with a neon swirl design on it, the swirls glowing gently. "I'd like you to fix these. I'll be back for them later."

He glances at the other again, then leaves the building. He probably wondered why Shiro didn't use the two swords on his back. Well, he had his reasons, and those reasons were ones he'd prefer to keep to himself. No use in living in the past right? He walks slowly,oing nowhere in particular, wasting time until his weapons were finished being fixed. Back in the shop, Yama looks at the young man. "Shiro there has quite the past. He went through a whole lot, that poor kid. A kid his age can only go through so much without ending up scarred and broken beyond repair. And yet, somehow, he manages to be so cheerful. Or maybe that's just a mask to hide the pain he feels...Well, be that as it may, it's not my business....enjoy your new sword!"

It came to Len, once again, why him and the Shiro boy had never spoken just distantly acknowledge each other. It was becoming sort of a hobby to run into him and not properly introduce themselves.

"Everyone has a past, and it won't matter soon enough because it is the past. What's important sir" said Len look over at the shop keeper "Is how well you recover and grow from it"

After stating this Len left the shop with his new sword. Quickly he wrapped the cloths tighter around his face to not let a singer hair show. It wasn't that Len hated his avatars features, problem was it looked exactly the same as himself. As a gamer you wanted to avoid that or else someone in the real world could just run up to you and recognize you. That had been Len's first mistake but once he tried changing the characters features he did not like it, so all in all only his right eye was changed and the rest was kept hidden; plus it gave him a different fashion ideal than other avatars because of the Arabic tunic style he had.

One more stop was required before he made his leave and as he headed to the nearest cafe he took out his newest gun and sat in a table where a young dark skinned man waited. This was a classmate that Len socialized with in the game, one of the only ones, because he was a lower level him and Len didn't usually go on missions together but weapon showing was often.

"Check this out" laughed Len.

Both guys sat there for a while talking and admiring the newly acquired weapons of both parties, soon the time in SAO began to change and it was late afternoon.

It was late afternoon when he found himself sitting at a table by himself in a cafe, staring into the bottom of a tea cup, the contents shifting ever so slightly. He sighs, glancing out the window when he hears voices, and blinks. Again? This was the third time he'd seen this guy. He sinks low in his chair, and tugs at the bottom of his scarf, covering his face a little more, and lowers his eye when the guy came into the cafe, going over to what appeared to be one of his friends.

Unfortunately the table his friend was sitting at was right by his, but at the same time he was a little relieved, as his back was to them. However, no doubt he'd be recognized from his hair, as his styled avatar was quite unique. For the most part his hair was a even medium shaggy style, but on one side his hair was a bit longer, this bit he tied back with a black ribbon to keep it out of his face. Also, the styling of his avatar in general was quite feminine, but he liked it that way. It reminded him of himself in some ways, but in other ways it made him feel a bit more confident.

He sighs softly, wanting to leave, but fearing if he got up the other would notice him. So he was stuck where he was, one hand holding on to the delicate handle of the tea cup, his other hand gripping the edge of the table. His right leg bounces up and down in his nervousness, and he shifts slightly, so he could glance back at the two friends who were showing each other their weapons. Would it be safe to leave? He thought so, until the friend spoke up.

"Hey, have you seen that Shiro guy around? I hear he's got a pretty bad ass set of swords, an ultimately rare legend from the the original SAO game! I'm surprised he'd managed to get it." At the sound of this, Shiro sinks even more in his chair, so that the top of his head barely showed over the back of his seat. He felt his face burn as the guy continued. "I mean, he's got to be really strong, or really lucky to get his hands on such a thing. If I remember right, he's got what's called the Swords of Yin and Yang."

foeqzo.jpg his swords look like this, but the one with the white blade has a white ribbon around the hilt, and the one with the black blade has a white hilt with a black ribbon. Also there are a line of jewels down each of the blades in the middle.

"Shiro?....Shiro....?" len repeated softly as he tried to connect the name to a face, he had never been good with names and faces "Ah! Shiro! Yeah!!.." but that guys face he did remember.

"Yeah I know him! its so weird I ran into him twice today actually, but we never really spoken"

"I mean, he's got to be really strong, or really lucky to get his hands on such a thing. If I remember right, he's got what's called the Swords of Yin and Yang."

Len listen to his friend as he gave an explanation of the swords and their power. The swords did seem to match with the smaller boy, his features were delicate but fierce and the swords were delicate but deadly.

"I dont think lucky is the correct term" said Len "Its more of he doesn't look to strong but don't anger him" Len laughed softly "I like people like that"

"Agree!, how cool must he be right?" said his friend loudly for the whole cafe to hear.

"S-shut up man!" laughed Len nervously "You want the whole world to hear haha?"

Seconds late both boys stood up and shook hands.

"See ya next time Lance oh oops Len, lets find this Shiro guy some other guy and talk to him about swords" said his friend

"As if he'd do that, see ya" Len waved good-bye as he headed for the exit door

He could hear every single word that went on between the two friends, and it was all about him. Shiro's face becomes darker and darker red, until his whole face was flused with a beet red color. He sant even further in his seat, wishing he could shrink himself into a microscopic size. He'd never heard anyone ever talk about him like they were, and it made him feel really weird and embarassed. At least it wasn't the usual trash talk he was used to.

When the two finally stand up to leave, he takes the distraction of their farewell to make a dash for the door. However, right when he opens it, someone comes in, and he collides with them, ending up falling to the floor, landing hard on his butt. He winces, and stands, rubbing his sore rear end, but quickly apologizes, wanting to get away as soon as possible from the cafe.

He exits, only hearing a few of the guy's friend's words, who had noticed him, and recognized Shiro. He hurries away, trying to find a place to get to without being caught by the other, no doubt he'd want to talk now, right? However, Shiro was just too shy, always getting really flustered around new people. He slows down after a bit, and manages to relax, the red on his face fading, so it was just a faint flush on his cheeks.

"W-was that?" asked Len's friend

"Shiro? no i don't think.....but the hair did match..." said Len as he tried to remember the younger boys features.

He quickly walked out to see if the boy was fine or if he hit himself, but by then he was long gone. Smiling he began to wonder when the next time both boys would meet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lance returned home earlier than usual from school and with a lot less stress. He had been thinking of his new mission and of Shiro; the boy was quite appealing to his senses and was an intriguing mystery to discover.

He quickly ate some left over pasta and ran to his room. The avatar woke in a rather large bed room where Lance had left him. Quickly he gather all his weapons and marked up the destination on his map.

Wanting to try the true potential of his new weapon he headed to the towns outsides and headed to a near by dungeon. Little danger was found there but it was a good way to get a few sweats out and try your weapons. The dungeon was known for having low lever monsters but the rumor was that a medium level boss would appear to some people.

That was not usually the case but it was worth the try.

"Alright lets go" said Len.

The next day at school was terrible, and he looked forward to getting back into the game. Once there, he leaves his room in game, making his way through the streets like he usually did, the other day having picked up his finished weapons from the old man. He decided to do something out of the ordinary that day, and went to a dungeon nearby. He knew the place was no match for him, he as just too strong, but it was fun and helped him take his mind off of things in real life.

Reaching a spot, he looks around, spotting something that bought up bad memories. A low level player, obviously new to the game, s battling a very high level dragon. It was a rare beast, and very powerful. Thus kid had no chance against it, unless Shiro helped him. He runs over to the kid, a young girl, and stands by her. "Let me help." She nods, and he stares up at the red scaled beqst, it's eyes golden yellow and slitted, staring down at them hungrily.

Shiro knew he wouldn't be able to beat it with his usual tactics, and reluctantly reaches to his back, taking a sword in each hand, and pulls them off and out of their sheathes. The white blade seemed as if it were glowing with light, and the black one looked as if were absorbing light from around it. They were beautiful blades, and it was defintiely obvious they were powerful even just one.

He begins to run at the dragon, and with a mighty jump, flings himself at the beast, expertly wielding the two blades, and swings down, slicing the dragon's wing off of it's body. Landing nimbly on the ground again, he glances over at the girl, who stared at him with awe. He smiles at her, and then proceeds attacking it, tearing down it's defenses and making it weak. He keeps the swords true powers hidden.

However, when the dragon was on it's last leg, he steps back, letting the girl take the final blow. She was a magic user, and sent a huge blast of ice at it, killing the dragon. The girl shouts in glee, and smiles brightly. Shiro grins, and congratulates her, not even realizing a certain someone was close by, and had probably seen the whole battle that had taken place. It had lasted less than ten minutes.

Len didn't know whether to laugh or cry, how often do you have to cross someone's path until coincidence turned into something deeper?

The question ran through his head as he watched Shiro attacking the dragon, in an obvious childish manner, hiding his power to not look as if he was showing off.

Lastly to give the end credit to the younger level girl.

This was surprising enough, not to mention that it said a lot about the other boy. Len stood some distance away on a rock, those who didn't know him wouldn't have been able to recognize him unless you knew him directly, and Shiros eyes had nothing but pure recognition in them.

'Was he embarrassed perhaps?' Thought Len as a smile smile spread on his lips.

Moving his hand slightly up he waved at Shiro from the distance as an acknowledgement hello and goodbye.

Soon after this Len moved from the rock and continued his mission.

At that moment he came to the conclusion that if he ever did see Shiro again, he would properly introduce himself.

Noticing movement out of the corner of his eyes, he looks to see the guy from before waving at him, before disappearing into the shadows, going off to apparently do his own thing. He looks back to the other player, and smiles at her, feeling happy that he'd been able to help her out. With a farewell and a cautionary bit of information, he waves to the girl and lets her continue on what she was doing, going off in the opposite direction the guy from before had taken, placing the swords once more on his back.

Every now and then he comes across low level monsters, that he easily took out with a punch or kick, not having to use his swords again. He used his dagger a couple times, but not that often. Taking a couple of turns, he exits the dungeon, not having to battle the boss, since he'd already defeated it, something not many knew about. He really wasn't one who showed off, or bragged about his strength, instead he liked helping those who were weaker than him out. He knew how it felt to be weak, and didn't want others to feel that way.

Walking over to a large tree near the dungeon opening, he sits on a large rock that was set under the tree's branches, shading him from the sun up in the sky. He sits cross-legged on the rock, relaxing as a gentle breeze caressed his face. He thinks of earlier, and knew that it had to be more than mere coincidence or luck that he kept coming across the other guy in the game. So, for now, he was going to wait on the rock, and see if the other would try to talk to him after finishing the dungeon, or mission or whatever he was doing. He makes sure his scarf was placed neatly over the lower half of his face, and waits.

Many of the low level monsters had more than allowed Len to see how his sword worked the hand cloth was rather hand and would take some getting use to, but the weight and capacity of the sword was excellent.

Knowing that the sword could do more, he mentally noted that he should visit a higher leve dungeon to try it's true potential and ability.

Lens right hand had slowly began to hurt and he didn't notice how the swords cloth had caused small amounts of blood to pour out.

"Ah what?" He said noticing the slight damage.

It was already pretty late by the time he started to leave the dungeon and Len knew no one would be around so he removed his face covers to tie it around his hurt hand.

The wind hit his face and made his hair dance, it felt great and very refreshing. A smile smile was forming on his face when he notice someone on a near by rock looking at him.

"C-crap" whispered Len as he moved to cover up his face.

'Did they see?!' He wondered alarmed. Once a decent percentage of his face was covered he turned to see the man who sat by the rock

"Shiro?" He whispered

Someone exiting the dungeon catches his attention, and sure enough if was the other guy. Apparently though the other hadn't noticed him at first, pulling down the cloth covering his face to enjoy the breeze, but then notices Shiro watching him, hurrying to cover his face. When the other whispers his name, apparently seeing if it was indeed him,Shiro nods, despite the distance between them, he'd heard the whispered words. He waited for the other to move over to him, and looks down at the other make, the only part of Shiro's face visible was the top half.

However, when he recalls the conversation he'd overheard between the other and his friend, a faint blush began to form on his face, barely visible underneath the scarf he was wearing. However, he keeps his embarrassment under control, and takes a deep breath before speaking. "It seems we keep running into each other...coincidence or fate is questionable, but what I do know is something is at play here." He jumps down from the rock, standing in front of the other make. Shiro was the shorter of the two, but he let that tiny fact slip away from mind. Height, in hizscase, didn't matter when it came to strength.

"So, let's make this official, shall we?" He holds out his hand to shake, introducing himself formally to the other guy. "I'm Shiro. It's nice meeting you." The blush on his cheeks deepen, this kind of thing was so new to him. He had never been good at meeting new people, not even in the other game,ang to depend on him to introduce him to new people and friends. He hoped he'd be okay though, since he didn't have him there to help this time.

It seems he had been beaten in intent this time.

"Well you beat me to the run then, I actually wanted to be the first to introduce" said Len as he closed his hand around the other boys.

"I'm Len is great to meet you"

A small breeze erupted through the trees and filled the atmosphere around him.

"I don't mean to sound cheesy, but thank you for helping that girl back there, I don't believe anyone else saw, but its great to help the weak it inspires them to become stronger" said Len as a small blush formed in his face.

He had never said that before...so why now? was it because the boy had his respect? perhaps so or because he was strong and kind?

Either way Len allowed the silence around them to spread, because the silence was of acceptance and did not bother Len.

For a moment, their hands remained clasped, but Shiro breaks the contact after a few seconds passed by. So, this new acquaintance's name was Len. He nods, feeling the breeze gentle fondle his hair, tossing it in it's invisible hands, making it a bit messy. He liked the breeze, it was nice. He had gone to sit on the rock again, when Len thanks him for helping the girl from before. This caught him by surprise, and he almost slips, but manages to get himself on top of the rock without falling.

"Heh, you saw, huh? Yeah...I know how it feels to be weak, and I hate seeing g others feel down about their weakness, so I do what I can to help them feel strong. And give them the courage to become strong." He crosses his egs, and falls silent, the only sound being that of the wind and birds singing. He didn't mind the silence though, in fact he enjoyed it, very much so.

Glancing at Len, he wondered what was going on in his mind, but was too shy to ask. So, he was quiet, waiting for the other to talk first. However, a thought comes to mind, and before he could stop himself, the words slipped from his mouth. "Sometimes I think back to what happened, and think to myself, if I was only just a bit stronger, I could have stopped it from happening. If I'd been ready, just one level higher, maybe I could have prevented it. But now, sitting here, I think back, and regret it. I'll never be able to see them again, they are gone forever. And somehow, by some twisted, warped turn of fate, I am able to sit here, and them...they can't...I won't let that happen again." He stares off into some memory only he could see, but then looks to Len.

"Sorry, I was rambling..." He mutters, apologizing. He rubs his eyes, as they'd started to tear up. Even though he knew it was over, everything was normal again, it would never be the same. Even though, in this game, if you got defeated you didn't die...he feared it. And did what he could to prevent that from happening.

This caught him by surprise and suddenly the memory of what the shop keeper said came back.

He did have a past, and it seems not a pretty one at that. Len looked at the other boy who was trying to make lightly of the situation. What had happened to him?

"but did you become stronger from it" Len asked unconsciously

A defect on his side was that not to often he took others feelings in hand, it was indeed difficult to over come situations where loved ones left, and this was what Len was getting from Shiro.

The boy had lost someone and regret it.

"There are only 2 ways to better yourself, learn or regret, and regret won't help" he said again

Len's past was hunting in various aspects which was why he always found himself running or staying away from others, but he did not like to see strong people crumble under the pain.

"Let me help you" he stated as a sad face took place and his voice became raspy "I know how it feels to be in pain, let me help"

He doesn't answer, instead remains silent, when Len speaks up to him, asking if he'd become stronger from the ordeal. If he thought about it, yes, he'd gotten stronger, but still. He regretted the fact he hadn't been able to save them. He watches the other's facial expressions, how they changed to that of sadness, and was surprised to hear the other say for him to let him help. Shiro stares, nit sure what today, but nods. He'd like that.

He sighs softly, looking up at the sky, which was dimming as the time turned from afyernoon to early evening. It was getting late, and he knew supper woukd be ready soon at his house. But he didn't want to leave just yet. He looks at Len, and bites his lip, wondering if he should really do what he was about to.

"Um, I gotta go soon, so...how about I send a friend request to you?"e does just that, but also sends an email to Len. It read: hey, it's me, Shiro. I know we're not technically supoosed to give away phone numbers and all, but i feel like I can trust you. My email is also attached: shironokuro_unmei at yahoo. Please message me, one way or another. I wanna talk to you more. he sent it, and a Tokyo number was attached.

He stands up, and after saying goodbye to Len, he uses a teleportation crystal to return to his room in the inn. Laying down on the bed, he saves, before logging out, and waking up to his room in real life.

~~~~~~~~~

He sits up, sighing softly as he sat on his bed. It had been some time since he'd opened up to someone, since the incident. But he hoped he'd done the right thing. Right now, he really did need a friend.

Once in his room Lance quickly jots down the phone and email of Shiro.

Not sure what to do with it he decides to keep it saved in his phone, this had never happened to him before, since of course he wasn't always around people, but he did want to help because pain could be replaced.

For the next 2 days Lance doesn't return to the game, the study institute he attends is rather strict on grades and although Lance was close to perfect student he didn't want to fall behind either. The first day he found himself staring at the number under Shiro but could not build up to call. The code of the number showed that the boy was not to far from where Lance lived due to both starting with 080

The second day he finally sent an email.

Its me Len, I won't be on until tomorrow because of school. Do wait for me

He looked at it before sending it wondering if that was the correct wording... taking a deep breath he clicked

Send

And the message was delivered at 12:30 PM

The next two days, each time Shinji logged in, he noticed that Len's name was missing from the online user roster/list. Each time he saw that, he simply logged out again, and went to do something in the real world. Read manga, watched anime, played other games. One of the two days he even went to the park near his house, bringing his sketch ond drew for a while. The second day he was at school when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, and the screen showed a address he didn't recognize. He had his number and email on his phone, so he could check messages that way.

He opens the email , and smiles a little when he reads what was written. Len had finally contacted him. Being sneaky, he wrote a quick reply, then saved the address to his contact list, which sadly was quite short. The message he sent read as thus:

hey, thnks for letting me know. I'm actually in school right now too. But don't worry, I'll wait.

He presses send, and slips his phone back in his picket, a grin now set on his face. Even during lunch the smile didn't fade, causing some of his classmates to wonder just what was making him so smiley all of a sudden. When they ask, he just replies with a shrug, and a "nothing" before returning to his bento.

The quick reply game Lance a small boost to continue his day. He finished his math problems , science labs and even feed the school cats. Grabbing his phone he quickly re-read the message and answered back

Do good in school its not all video games :cool:

Teasingly he sent the message, 'maybe i should take that advise myself' he thought

The day went by rather quickly but it was a lovely afternoon so Lance decided to walk home from school.

He kept his nose in a book about the physics project that had been giving him some serious headaches lately. As the sun set orange began to decorate the sky and a few birds flew over.

Lance stopped in front of a small park and admired the sun. He took his phone out and snapped a picture

"Moments like these have to be captures" he said.

Lance took in his surroundings and spotted another boy with glasses about his age sitting in the park, with journal in hand. His bright blonde hair reflected the sun rays and made it shine like gold.

"Ah that's pretty too" admired Lance as he began to walk away too and head home

He had been giddy from the second reply from Len, his smile growing wider. As the daylight turns to early evening, he closes the notebook, and looms up, feeling someone watching him. His messy blonde hair fell into his face, and the glasses slip slightly on his nose. Pushing them up again, he didn't see anyone, guessing he'd just been imagining things. He closes his notebook, and slips it into the pocket of the sweater he was wearing, and leaves the park.

Walking home from there, he let's his mother know he was home, before going up the stairs to his room. Setting his notebook in a drawer, he pulls his phone from his pocket, and messages Len.

'hey I'll see you tomorrow! Good luck with classes! Tomorrow there are teacher meetings, so no school for me. I'll probably just hang out at the park by my house. Well, ttyl.

He hits send, then grabs a manga from his bookshelf, and flops on his bed, deciding to read a little before his mom finished dinner. He wondered just who Len really was, and wondered if Len thought the same thing. He reads the book, the manga he was reading was called 'Kotekyo Hitman Reborn'. It was one of his favorites, along with with several others, like Naruto, and Bleach.