Hypocrites

<3Gaara

People who are into yuri but not yaoi, saying that yaoi is digusting, there really is no difference apart from gender, the plot lines and sex scenes may be slightly different, but it is still basically the same.

You can't say that yuri is ok if you say yaoi is not.

Sorry for my random rant, just that some people say one is ok but not the other, and i don't think it makes sense. I like yaoi better then yuri, but i am not going to complain about people reading/watching/drawing it.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlueRayman

• juugatsuni

• <3Gaara

• Tsunade-hime

I agree ~

Get so mad when people say they love yuri, or lesbians, but yaoi, or gays are disgusting.

I like both. I like yaoi more ofc, but theres nothing wrong with yuri.

Is mainly guys I think who think they will be called gay if they do not hate on yaoi XD

Grrr, makes me so annoyed.....

for me i more interested with Yaoi..

because yaoi is hot, yuri is not.I find sometimes Yuri can be a little disturbing to me >

But I think yuri is very cute ^.^

and people like different things, not everybody is gonna like yuri or yaoi, some people prefer yaoi and some people prefer yuri. its just the way people are.

so they cannot say that they hate yaoi oso..maybe later maybe they will like yaoi as well :)

Guest FujoshiFTW

Sorry about this, but I find yuri and hentai a little bit disturbing...I don't judge people who are into these and I hope people don't judge me since I'm solely a Fujoshi and nothing else. Though really, since if someone asked me my opinion on yuri or hentai I would say "no comment" since I tend to stay away from those instead of trolling all over them like some haters do.

i think its not fair when someone says yuri or yaoi is disgusting or awful or something like that, i dont like yuri because i dont like girls and that's a genre for people who like girls, but i respect it and ive seen some yuri sometimes and i think its cute and beautiful even if i dont like it, and actually its like yaoi but with girls, i respect people who like it because its nothing bad, and if you say yuri is disgusting you are legitimizing other people to say yaoi is disgusting too

i think we have to support yuri and yaoi because they're minority genres that use to be discriminated or insulted, the fans of these minority genres have to support each other because there are already enough people in society who are going to insult us, so we dont need to fight or insult each other >.

ps. sorry my english u.u

sorry but on my opinion i prefered yaoi is not that i dont like yuri is just for me two girls is a little bit weird i guess because im a girl i dont know im totally ok with yaoi but at the same time i wont judge or critize ppl that like something different than i like i think both yuri and yaoi are similar to each other what makes it different is the ppl

I think loving and hating yaoi and yuri is very much a gender and sexuality issue.

I always feel dissapointed when people say they love yaoi, but hate yuri, and vice versa. I'm into yaoi because of my sexual orientation, but I think yuri is fine. I don't seek out to read or watch it, because it holds very little interest to me. That being said, I'm very confident in my sexuality, so I can (and I have) watched shows with girlxgirl pairings and felt absolutely fine.

I think most people (especially guys) who hate on yaoi are only doing it because they are afraid of it. Truth is, you can't make straight people gay, and you can't make gay people straight, so there is really nothing to be afraid of.

So yeah, I am into yaoi because I love guys.

Basically, I think everyone would be a lot happier if they only focused on stuff they love, and forget about the stuff they hate because it's only going to make them feel bad anyway. The things you love make you feel good, that's why you love them, so just focus on them is my advice. :D

• Like 1

I think loving and hating yaoi and yuri is very much a gender and sexuality issue.

I always feel dissapointed when people say they love yaoi, but hate yuri, and vice versa. I'm into yaoi because of my sexual orientation, but I think yuri is fine. I don't seek out to read or watch it, because it holds very little interest to me. That being said, I'm very confident in my sexuality, so I can (and I have) watched shows with girlxgirl pairings and felt absolutely fine.

I think most people (especially guys) who hate on yaoi are only doing it because they are afraid of it. Truth is, you can't make straight people gay, and you can't make gay people straight, so there is really nothing to be afraid of.

Basically, I think everyone would be a lot happier if they only focused on stuff they love, and forget about the stuff they hate because it's only going to make them feel bad anyway. The things you love make you feel good, that's why you love them, so just focus on them is my advice. :D

im agree with you but i dont think is correct "hate" something only because you dont like it, i dont like girls so, do i should hate yuri?? thats a little stupid, you may not like it but you can respect it, because it isn't something bad, i think people must have to learn to respect things that dont like

in the same way nobody should be afraid of yaoi or yuri because homosexuality isnt something bad, but unfortunately people dont think like that

I agree with Nicicia! People should focus only on what they really like. Those who like yuri should read yuri and don't bother about yaoi and vice versa.

It's way better to just ignore what you don't like instead of speaking bad about it. :)

Well, I don't really have a sexual orientation (kinda worried about that) but I like both, I like yaoi a bit more. And yeah, I definitely agree that if you stop thinking about the stuff you hate you would be alot happier.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Yuri and Yaoi and basically the same thing.

1) They're human. We all have different opinions, but I would prefer if the yaoi haters kept their rude comments to themselves. :leaf20:

• 1 month later...

I agree with

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
. Like they say, live and let live. Basically everyone has a right to their own opinion, no matter how base, fundamentally incorrect or stupid we might personally believe these opinions to be.

I personally prefer yaoi, even though from time to time I like reading yuri and can't explain why I do prefer BL over GL. I aso believe it's kinda pointless to try and understand why certain people hate and criticize one thing, but love another. It could be that some who hate yaoi are homophobs or simply too close-minded, it might have to do with their upbringing or moral beliefs- whatever. That's why I'm so thankful I found this forum where we like-minded can share our similar addiction. Comments such as "yuri is okay, but yaoi is yuck" are harder to stomach when you're kinda the only person in your immediate social groups who likes reading mangas and watching such anime. Coming to this forum and knowing I can let off steam about such (to me) ignorant comments, I believe, makes it easier putting up with them. You know, like "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me".

At least figuratively speaking...

Age and upbringing play a part in this but quite often I think its a case of "The lady doth protest too much, methinks". The amount of guys and (some girls) when I was in my teens and early 20's (that 9-10 years ago) who were homophobic and are now living happy gay lives makes me smile - in a nice isn't the world a fun place kinda way.

I must admit I although not homophobic in my teens (I had gay adults friends outside of my school life), my curiosity about gay sex made me uncomfortable so I would have the "ERR, no way thats gross" reaction lol, now I'm want my own Akihiko Usami.

Tell them to stop been such prudes - i like that word, PRUDE!

They're both about gay relationships. I'll assume these hypocrites are straight men who objectify women and are anti-gay (concerning men with men) because they're extremely and irrationally afraid that someone might think that they're gay. It's not bad if it's two chicks right? Those are the arseholes who will try to have threesomes with lesbians and say "I'm a lesbian too." Yeah, they shouldn't be taken seriously.

Yuri and yaoi are treated differently because they're aimed at two different audiences. So they may come off differently. However gay people do read yaoi and yuri, so...I don't know. Whatever you like better I suppose. I have read yuri. I don't dislike it. I just gravitate to yaoi more so. Probably because I'm still pre-op and don't like my body so anything that resembles it...reminds of my dislike for myself maybe?? Since I'm into men and trans, I aspire to have a man's body and therefore and more attracted to it than a woman's.

• 1 month later...

they make me laugh, honestly.

i mean, how shallow can they get to think like that? why the hate?

whenever i see an anti- / hate group gathering around, i'm amazed they've gone too far making a group to hate on something. it's really baffling and laughable. at least it makes me happy when there are open-minded people that is understanding enough even though it's not their liking or interest.

having that Yaoi has a bad rep, it's pretty tiring to defend it to those a-holes who doesn't want answers but just want to argue with random people on the internet.

i think that bad rep also makes Yaoi special. why? because when some curious person wants to find about Yaoi more, they turn around, think about what have they said before and apologize for it; admitting it's not that bad at the very least. they keenly judge at surface thinking that's the only thing that exist in Yaoi world. pfft. i can't really stop laughing when they think like that just after google-ing Yaoi images or just wrongly showed them the hardcore one and traumatized them forever.

unless they've actually read a manga that has depth and character-driven wise, i guess i could take their hate since it's for the sake of being constructive in criticizing of a work.

even though i'm not into Yuri that much, i at some point understand it has it's own appeal and charm.

in the end, just hating in something they don't have interest to and thinking highly of their taste is ridiculous.

they enjoy it, you don't.

you enjoy it, they don't.

no hate required; end of the story.

i apologize for the aggressiveness; just my two cents.

Recently i had a fight with some random guy on the internet, of course, who was against gay people and pretty much against every sexual orientation. But i just could not stop myself not to argue with him, so i told him that in my opinion everyone can do as they want is not our business, and that im ok with gay people. Of course he didn't agreed me, and he pissed me off because he searched stuffs on the internet about how gays harm society, (those kind of articles that denigrate someone) and expressed himself in such a way to show me that i don't think ''right'' (as far as he believes). Of course i had come with many arguments but not accepted them because he doesn't want to accept them. I was pissed off but didn't reply him because we were going nowhere. So i got my conclusion that with those kind of people you don't have to talk, 'cuz they are not open-minded they just see black & white and they live in this little cub world, is better to leave them as they are, because they can give just headaches.

And for the guys who watch/like yuri but they don't understand yaoi, i think they are just hypocrites. As you already said. But i think that if a guy who watch yuri is an open-minded person then he will understand yaoi too.

Hypocrites isn't that most of the world?!

People are like that if its not something they are into, especially if might have guys kissing . Personally I don't mind yuri and I currently reading Girlfriends at the moment but generally I prefer yaoi. But so long as its fluffy and romantic I'm generally happy.

Making rude comments addressed to those who make rude comments? Nice attitude. :p

It's way better to just ignore what you don't like instead of speaking bad about it. :)

Though

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
was talking about those who don't like yaoi,that's a brilliant idea. :) So let's ignore those people instead of making threads about them.

In my opinion It's on the beholder to decide witch is witch, no one has the right to judge what other people like...

But in return they also need to respect what we like...

Life Is a matter of give and take...

If you judge some one you are braking the cycle...

Gender Is not an Issue, as long as you don't cross the line or hurt once feeling It's fine...

No one will be called Hypocrite on such way...

Life is how you leave... so I don't what to leave a life with sad thing's...

let's enjoy what life can offer...

Making rude comments addressed to those who make rude comments? Nice attitude. :p

LOL that's what i was thinking when i was typing down what i posted above thinking:

"hey, it's like i'm also hating...but fck it."

ironic, isn't it?

oh well, i couldn't stop since i was really affected that time due seeing much of those people who are against to yaoi, i ended up slurring. but in the end, i couldn't care less anymore about them after posting what i posted.

in the end, the best way is to just ignore it indeed.

i do believe that there are people like that but i still suck at dealing with them in immediate response.

i still yet need to learn how to keep calm and accept.

Hi-There...hummm ...I've read many of the other comments in this thread....

I'm one of those raw oddballs ...in the fact that I find neither one different from the other ...love being in the eye of the beholder...is just that in their eyes...therefore no one should press their opinions onto another ...I personally have no real preference of one more so than the other .....yuri/yaio ....no problem there for me it just all equals the same love=love....as for my viewing preferences same I like both just as much as the other.....

Hi-There...hummm ...I've read many of the other comments in this thread....

I'm one of those raw oddballs ...in the fact that I find neither one different from the other ...love being in the eye of the beholder...is just that in their eyes...therefore no one should press their opinions onto another ...I personally have no real preference of one more so than the other .....yuri/yaio ....no problem there for me it just all equals the same love=love....as for my viewing preferences same I like both just as much as the other.....

I agree, being Bi myself I really don't understand how straight people work, I don't get the only liking one sex/gender thing. I think back to my teens when I was only interested in girls or atleast thought/wished I was, but I look back now and realize how unhappy I was and just can't remember what it felt like to be straight... I guess that's because it felt the same only I was less comfortable with myself so unhappy?!

Oh when you have to deal with street preachers/anti-LGBT people in real life I just usually tell them that they are entitled to their opionion but that doesn't mean I want to hear it and it doesn't mean its worth sh*t.. Or the classic opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one! Should I of said Yaoi-holes??