Niku1357

Anyone else a little TOO obsessed with BL?

Niku1357

Okay, so the only reason I'm bringing this up is because I've been learning Japanese for the past year and a half. It's going great, and I've made a few friends along the way. One of them asked me why I decided to learn it. My response:

I want to read untranslated VNs/Doujinshi/etc :Sad: I can just feel their weird looks from across the world lmao.

batista

XD @Niku1357 well, you aren’t the only one. I’m also learning Japanese and Korean. Yeah, the translation of manga and webtoons plus my travels in Asia are my main motivation :D

When it comes to manga I mostly read BL. but I wouldn’t call it an obsession yet ;)

By the way, nice GIF you have in your sig ;)

Virdian*

I'm learning Japanese as well (though I'm still a bloody beginner).. :D You guys are probably already really proficient.

batista

@Virdian* I am only speaking for myself now my goal is to be able to fluently understand what i’m Reading... and i’m far far away from that... sadly T_T.

Virdian*

@batista yeah, it's difficult but don't give up! Practise makes a master! :)

Cryptconfessions

I guess I am? I mean, wherever I go, whatever I watch, my mind just go ship and ship and ship and ship

Kujaku

I kinda used to be. A while after I discovered yaoi and mangas that was all I would read. Also, since there aren't that many yaoi animes I could watch, I turned to manga and just read and read. Even now I only read yaoi manga. I'm sure there are a lot of great mangas besides yaoi, but since I started reading yaoi, I don't even consider reading anything else. Well, there's one I kept wanting to read, but I just don't really.

yukako77

I am quite obsessed with BL works that I am also buying non manga merchadise of series I like. It's a dangerous hobby. I am fluent in Japanese so I read BL novels as well. They are actually better than manga as much more goes on and there's a lot of character development.