A Link Between Words (StainedCrimsonXMorirp)

Morirp

p><p>
History: Luel has a step father th

Personality: Luel is usually bubbly, and happy-go-lucky; though he can be prone to some mood swings. When he's angry the best choice is to duck, because he'll fight if and when he can. He doesn't take anything lying down and despite his generally easy going behavior can be hot tempered and feels as though he has to prove himself.

[/center]

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StainedCrimson

• Morirp

9e381b5945befef0477c7e67a1291cd6.jpg

Name: Cadeyrn Griffin

Occupation: He is the general of his country's military tactics division and known for his strategies leaving enemy forces decimated in his wake.

History: Cadeyrn is the eldest son of King Griffin. While being groomed to one day take over for his father, it was discovered that he had an amazing ability to come up inventive and successful strategies. This caused him to be formally admitted into his country's army. Due to his abilities, both with weapons and in strategy, he rose quickly through the ranks which eventually led him to being the youngest General in the history of his people.

Personality: Due to his position and expectations upon growing up, Cadeyrn swiftly learned to be cautious of everyone due to them either wanting to use him or kill him. This, naturally, caused him to stifle and eventually close off his 'weak' characteristics like his love of plays, flower arranging, and sketching. The only exception being his youngest siblings who are twins. Though less likely to be seen in public, with his youngest siblings he will laugh and play freely with them as well as spoil them rotten. The rest of the world only sees the cold and calculating Prince who is as cuddly and approachable as a dagger made of ice.

The day before his eighteenth birthday had been a normal one. Luel had spent the day working at his family's bakery, and was on his way to night classes at his local college. He was still in high school, but he didn't want to bake bread and pies forever and it was his step father's business so he knew it would go to his siblings, even if he was a great baker. So college it was, he had been excelling in history and math, but his interests were in drafting, it was like solving puzzles. No matter what though, he had exams that night so it wouldn't be good to be late to classes. Clocking out at the bakery he wished his mother and sister a quick shift and told them he'd be back after classes to start the next day's bread.

Then it was nothing spectacular. His exams weren't bad, and when he'd gotten home his mother had prepared him a gift for the night before - just for the two of them. He opened it, it was a bracelet made of leather, thick and lovingly crafted into his biological father's seal - the raven. His dark brown eyes were rimmed with a lighter honey color, and they looked shocked, but pleased. He hugged his mother and presented her with his own surprise - a tiny cake he'd made them in his spare time at the bakery. They ate it and spoke about simpler times as well as college and his future.

When his mother toddled off to bed, he set an alarm on his phone, worked through some homework and at midnight he looked out into the night and stared longingly at the moon for a moment. It was such a strange feeling of ennui that came over him, he rolled his shoulders, a little uneasy. Eighteen wouldn't be a big deal... birthdays were never big deals. He crawled into bed and fell into strange dreams. It was just before sunrise when the unthinkable happened. He remembered when his mother talked about his father - like he'd materialized out of no where. He had always believed she was speaking as if there was some magic night where they met across a dark room or something like that - as if it were out of the movies.

If it hadn't been for what happened, he would have spent the rest of his life believing that to be true. But it was the hand stifling any sound from him by covering his throat and mouth that woke Luel with a start that night. A man with hair that was just barely red - fading to white around the edges - and bold blue eyes was staring down at him. Luel tried to struggle but the man snapped his fingers and he felt his body go limp. There was a deep chuckle from the man. "My, my, you look more like me than I thought. You must have gotten most of my fairy genes after all. Half human my foot." The man was stronger than he looked, and Luel could feel the connection - again, weird movie magic feelings overwhelmed him- this man was his father, he knew it. "Now, Luel, you're going to listen carefully. You're coming with me, spirited away in the night to keep this from unsettling your whole family tonight. They'll come in tomorrow morning and find a note from you stating your leaving to find opportunity if you cooperate; if you don't they'll find your dead body." Luel blinked wide and nodded. "Of course you'll still be alive, they'll just think you're dead, and if you make this too difficult, I'll kill them instead." The man grinned, sharp pointy teeth looked like tiny daggers in the night. "Get what you need, and be fast, and quiet. Crossing into the human realm is hard, but if I have to I'll use magic to put you in line."

Luel began to protest the existance of magic, but as if his father could hear his thoughts, the man waved a hand and all of Luel's clothes flew from their places where they were hung or folded neatly, and flew into a bag at the man's feet that Luel would have sworn wasn't there before. The boy, newly eighteen, hustled into action at that point. He grabbed his phone, charger, a few of his favorite books, a book or two on baking and some shoes. At the last second he grabbed his photo album of pictures with his mom, and the leather cuff bracelet his mother had just given him, emblazoned with the raven. It made his father smile wider. "Shes been having dreams of this day since you were five. Don't worry, by now she's got to know I was coming back for you." Luel opened his mouth to speak but his father shook his head. "They'll stay asleep till we've gone Luel, and we've only got two weeks before the wedding, we have to hurry."

--Two weeks passed, Luel was put through rigorous training in magic he had never known he had, he was informed of his marriage and that the whole reason his father had come for him was so that he could marry his son into an alliance with a near by kingdom.--

The day of the wedding arrive, Luel had been under going training in being a prince - because apparently he was one - his father was the king of a Fairy's domain somewhere called Bellathrone, in another realm from the human one. So the fairy tales and bullshit were real, and that was taking long enough to wrap his head around. He was still trying to get his phone to work so he could call his mother. He found it strange that they had electricity but no cell phone service, though he supposed it was at least convenient that there was electricity. His father had been working on putting runes on his shoulder blades for a few days to help his wings come through - not that he wanted fucking wings - but flying sounded... interesting. They -HAD- to finish coming in before the wedding that night because it was traditional that they had wings on display or something like that. His father was also (hopelessly) trying to explain the difference between pixies and fairies while he did it; all Luel really gathered from it was that pixies where mischievous fucks that didn't have magic and liked to live in the garden, while fairies had magic and once lived in the Scottish moores until the new realm was built and their world split from the humans.

With a last bit of force Luel felt the pain of things coming from his shoulder blades, blood spilled over the floor as they ripped through his skin for the first time. He cried out in pain, and his father made a noise of interest. They were opalescent, teal and smoked, with lines of fire. His father grumbled "They're impressive, even for a prince. Your brother's will be jealous, but you won't be their problem for long. You'll be living in the other kingdom." It was one of the first protests from Luel, who was still in shock, and was having his family's safety held against him. "The fuck, you mean I'm not even going to live here? What do I just stay where you drop me off?!" His father snapped back. "You act like you're already comfortable here Luel. Your belongings, including that stupid mobile telephone, have already been delivered." His father walked out of the room after that, they were apparently traveling by portal.

When he was out two women came in and began helping him clean up, rubbing a soothing potion on his shoulders to ease the burn and encourage healing. Once they were done his tutor came in - a man about two inches shorter than him - attractive black hair fell into a neat cut at his collar. "Luel, I'll be accompanying you to the kingdom, and once a week I will be there for lessons, and training purposes. Today I'll teach you how to put your wings away, they're fairly delicate and you won't want them out most of the time. Luel sighed in relief. "Oh good, theres a way to put these things away."

The next few hours happened fast, everyone was cleaned up and the portal was formed. The wedding procession was allowed through - others had arrived in more traditional ways with gifts for the kingdom and to help with preparations. They stepped out and it was only once he realized he was at the end of the isle that he was facing another prince - another man. Oh. Fuck. He made a motion as if to flee and his father gripped him by the elbow, quietly threatening to slit his sister's throat if he didn't go along with it. He was wearing a white tuxedo, his wings twitching gently, he wasn't really good at taking them out, and when they were out he wasn't super good at putting them away.

As they approached the alter, a million things raced through his mind, like whether or not this man wanted this marriage. Luel didn't, and he had to think most people in arranged marriages probably didn't - no matter how attractive the other person turned out to be.

"We need to keep our people immersed for now. It's clear that the Illerians are preparing for some kind of action, possibly an attack within the next two to three weeks. At this moment we simply don't know enough for who their target is, and how many of their allies are joining them." Caderyn states while looking down at the large map of the area. The map consists of every nation or territory with movable figures to represent different entities. The others nod and some grumbling is heard due to wanting to act now, but despite the large gap in years the young man has earned their respect in matters of military strategy. So for now the others are willing to allow the General of Intelligence more time to gather needed information.

The meeting concluded, those gathered agree to meet in five days with any updates. As the others leave a servant comes up to the young general and bows low. "The King wants to see you my Prince. He is in his study." The servant relays before straightening and moving to the side to move out of Caderyn's way. With a barely held in sigh of annoyance, he makes his way deep into the heights of the inner castle. Despite his annoyance at being interrupted from his routine, he knocks and waits a moment before entering.

Closing the door behind him, the young prince goes up to teh large wooden desk where his father sits going through some paperwork. Settling into the at rest position, he waits for his father to acknowledge him and tell him why he's been summoned. The kind doesn't make his son wait overly long, just long enough to finish the form he's on and sign his seal to it. "Good, you're here. I have excellent news. I have found you a 'bride', the Raven has offered his youngest son and I have agreed to the match."

Caderyn has to immediately fight to stop from doing more than tensing and grinding his teeth. "I see. When do we begin our courtship?" He manages to ask in a level tone, which doesn't food the King who raises an eyebrow. "There will be no courtship. You two will wed in two weeks." This time the young man cannot stop his outburst and slams his hands down on the older male's desk. "What?! We're on the brink of a possible war! Now is not the time to be focused on a wedding!" His voice rises as his disbelief at his father's complete disregard of tradition, custom, and common sense. Who plans a wedding right as a war is about to happen?!

The king scowls and bangs a fist down. "It is because of war that you will marry. We need the alliance it will bring and while I'm still alive you will obey! This is final! Now go prepare for your wedding. Your things have already been moved to the Eastern Wing." With that the prince is dismissed. Grinding his teeth, the prince slowly straightens himself and stiffly bows before walking out of the room.

The only good thing out of this is that I will be as far from him in this place as allows. Caderyn growls internally to himself. Instead of going to his new quarters to arrange things and prepare to receive his intended, he stalks out to the training grounds and barks orders to those present. Soon he is immersed in physically releasing his anger, frustration, and stress upon both new recruits and veterans alike. After nearly two hours he finally stops, covered in sweat and even a few bumps and bruises.

Saying his farewell to the soldiers, he heads inside to wash up and finally address his new living quarters before dinner. All his items are indeed placed within the large dwelling area of wing, what with the greeting room, sitting room, tea room, bed room and so on, but still clearly enough room for more items to be added. Grinding his teeth he calls for the seamstress to begin having his marriage outfit prepared, as well as other staff that he will need to assist him with this ridiculously short notice wedding. There are invitations to send out, food to prepare, the wedding area to prepare, and a 'bridal gift' that he himself will need to see to.

"Two weeks!" He bites out in disbelief, hands clenched into fists. "For a royal wedding nonetheless!" Slashing a hand through the air he returns his focus on the room. Over the next two weeks he is run nearly ragged due to the demands of being torn between preparations for potential war and his wedding. Yet he manages.

Come his wedding day, he stands upon the dais hands clasped behind his back as he waits for the arrival of his intended. Starring up at the glass ceiling, he doesn't initially hear the others arrive. This allows for sight of the true awe of the Griffin family's heir. While their surname is that of one mythological beast amongst humans, the Griffin family was known as another figure. The sight of the prince's back is obscured due to three sets of large wings.

The top set appears like a dragon's, but is a deep blue with what appears to almost be the stars and galaxy itself faintly settled into the dark leather. The bottom set is feathered and a gold so pale, yet metallic, that it seems as though the feathers are made of gold itself. The middle set, however, is perhaps the most awe inspiring as they look to be a sunset captured in time. The top a deep purple and the colors shifting and intermingling to end with yellow and orange, yet even then they seem to shift within the light and manage to look different yet the same. It is unclear what to relate these wings to, as they are neither feathered nor leathery like the other two, but perhaps that mystery adds all the more value to them.

He comes to just as the arrivals begin to approach the alter and so turns around to get his first look at the one to whom he will be bonded to. His face remains a mask of calm, but inwardly his mind reels as the one clearly meant to be his intended looks almost a spitting image of his father. The man who Caderyn finds to be more slippery and manipulating than a fox. Yet the other is clearly terrified. Mind reeling from all the thoughts going through his head, the ceremony is completed before he realizes it and they are at their wedding feast being presented with gifts. Some are meant for him, others for his partner, and some for them both.

When there is a break, he stands causing a hush to fall over the room. "I too, have a gift for you though it seems inadequate now as I had little time and even less information to find something worthy. I hope you will accept this marriage gift all the same." There is a faint twinge of nervousness as he carefully takes a box from a servant. Turning and kneeling towards his 'wife', he opens it to reveal two items. The first is a long chain that ends with a set of six wings, and each ring has a different length of chain falling from it with a different gem at the end, but at the base of the six wings almost appears to be the moon. "The gems at the end of the wings signify our marriage date, and the jewel between the rings is a captured moon tear. As it is part of the moon, it will always reflect the current phase of the moon. It can be worn either as a hair piece or a necklace."

The other item he doesn't mention, but it is clearly a painting done by hand and presumably is of the moment when the moon shed its tear. After allowing the other a few moments to look at the gift, he carefully closes it and holds the box out to the other male.

Nothing in all of the two weeks he'd spent in the other realm, a place his father called Unsadine - some elvish word - could have prepared Luel for the next five hours of his life. Not. A. Thing. A quick glance around while he was forced down the isle by his father's iron grip was met with stares from all types of creatures. If Luel didn't know for sure he wasn't dreaming he'd say that he was in a nightmare that threw up all the fairy tale's he'd been told as a child and that they had been made real. But honestly since there was no possible way that happened unless he was in a coma and this was all some fever dream, he would just have to get used to the unbelievable... somehow.

When his eyes lifted as they grew closer, they took in the vision of the person meant to soon be his husband. He was taller, with broader shoulders... well really everything about him was just a bit larger than Luel in stature. His eyes couldn't be drawn from the wings that emerged from his betrothed. The tiers of wings were something of a marvel to Luel as his father was said to have the most glorious wings in their kingdom, and still they were nothing like this. He supposed some of that was to do with species... though he didn't know what species the Griffins were, and had been given very little information about them, fairies were known to have wings imbued with magical properties belonging to the element that their powers flowed through.

Luel's eyes caught on every tier individually from top to bottom, examining the flashes of leather, gold, and fading sun. It took till he was almost at the alter for his eyes to fall onto the face of his soon-to-be partner. The thin cut of his nose and the sharp line of his jaw. The man looked like a predator at rest. The ceremony at that point moved through him like a ghost, something there that the energy just passed through or around. Luel hardly said a word until they were seated for dinner. He had been instructed to be quiet, and not ruin the chance at the alliance, but now that they were married and with the alliance secured he began speaking quietly at dinner as people approached to talk. Luel's voice was surprisingly soft and lovely in comparison to his father's.

When gifts were exchanged Luel wasn't sure what to do about the gift that was offered to him. He had been told about the gift exchange, and his father had prepared some things for him to bring, but he had felt an overwhelming need to gift the prince with something of his own. So when the box was taken and set asside Luel slipped a hand into his tux and unfastened the cuff baring the Raven to his wrist. "I don't have much to give, as I have just arrived in Usadine, but this is the last thing my mother gave me..." He lifted the well crafted, love filled cuff. "I'd be honored if you accepted this gift." It would likely be the first the prince knew of Luel coming from the Realm of humans. He honestly assumed that the prince would refuse the gift, or that later he might be granted permission to continue wearing it... he really didn't know.

After the princes' exchanged gifts the party began in full swing... well as full swing as royal occasions got. There was dancing, and wine, and food. It all seemed so strangely normal to Luel since he'd never lived in the realm. The strangeness came with the smell of magic in the air - Luel could smell it, even if everyone else was used to it. It was only after he began looking around that he noticed little things. Floating lights, self refilling plates and glasses, decorations that out right looked like they belonged in a movie. It was when he was lost in thought that he jumped - his father had been whispering in his ear for who knows how long. With a short sigh he nodded.

Luel stood from the table he'd been seated at for quite some time and held out a hand to his new husband. "My prince, would you care to dance with me?" He didn't like it, he didn't want to, he'd never even had time to consider the logistics of sexuality and now he wasn't being given an option, and it wasn't like he could check the internet for this information. All the magic in the whole world and these people couldn't get wifi... though perhaps they just didn't need it. Everyone seemed much more engaged with talking and each other's company than people in the mortal realm did, always on their phones.

Caderyn continues to feel the faint flutter of nerves as his... husband looks over his gift. Unbeknownst to the other, Caderyn had made each of the two items himself and it was the first time in many years that he has made something for someone other than his younger siblings. When handed something from the other Prince's own person, he looks at the other with mild surprise. Carefully he takes the gift, running fingers along the surface. He can sense the emotions tied into it and feels a touch uncertain as well as happy? at the gift the other has given him.

"Thank you." He says simply before carefully tucking it inside the inner pocket of his jacket to keep it safe. The prince would have asked if the other was sure about giving him a gift that clearly holds such meaning to him, but Caderyn then sees the other's father whispering to him. Eyes narrowed, the Griffin heir straightens but waits for the supposed conversation to be finished. "While I can imagine your desire to check in on your son, it would be of better benefit for us to begin to know one another without unnecessary interference. After all, the traditional courtship intended for such purposes seems to have been dismissed. It wouldn't do to give the circles more to gossip about after that."

He gives a small smile but it is like a sharp edge of knife as it offers no kindness or warmth. At his husband's question, he manages to hide his irritation, though not aimed at the other. Dancing is not his favorite activity, particularly at parties. Still there are certain expectations. "I suppose we should at least give them at least one to gawk at us, no?" He offers a faint smile, though there is a tinge of true amusement mixed in for the other male as compared to the one given to Caderyn's father-in-law. Taking the smaller male's hand in his, he leads the way into the fray.

As the two approach, everyone shifts out of their and offer bows, congratulations, and the like. He gives small nods in return and soon the two are in the middle of the floor as the next song begins. Under his breath, so only the other can hear him. "Let us hope it is a short one, yes?" An eyebrow rises as they make eye contact just before the song begins. Soon the two are moving together to a song that is at first slow, simple, and almost seems an odd choice for a wedding. However, it soon begins to gather speed and intensity. Caderyn inwardly sighs as the song isn't exactly long, but it is definitely not as short one like he had hoped for.

Still, he mindfully assists the other through the steps as much as needed until they finish with a flourish resulting in the other being slightly wrapped around the larger male. After untangling them, Caderyn gives the applause from the crowd acknowledgment with another nod then leads other back to their seats. Things seem to be inn full swing at this point while he counts down the minutes before it is socially acceptable for him to leave.

Just as Caderyn is about to just walk off anyway, a soldier comes rushing up to him. "My Prince, urgent news. You are needed." He nods, barely hiding his relief as he stands. Raising a hand the sounds fall silent. "Unfortunately I must leave you now. Please be sure to enjoy the festivities and celebrate enough for the both of us." The crowd gives a sound of approval before continuing on. Turning to the other, he holds out a hand. "Come, I imagine you don't wish to stay here to deal with them alone and must be tired."

He leads the other into the palace where he summons a servant. "Take my husband to our quarters." Facing the other before he heads off, Caderyn faces Luel once more. "First, I hope you find our quarters agreeable but feel free to rearrange things or redecorate. Secondly, no one is allowed to enter our rooms without permission except the servants. I prefer my privacy and prefer to keep guests and all others to a minimum. If you wish to visit with someone I ask that you keep entertaining in our rooms to a minimum." He takes a small breath but knows he needs to go swiftly. "I am unsure how long I will, so do not feel as though you need to wait up for me or anything."

With a slight bow of his head, more than he's given others tonight, he turns and quickly slips off into the darkened hallways with his wings vanishing as he does. The servant bows to his new prince. "Welcome Your Highness. Please, follow me." The other leads the prince to the rooms and bows while holding the door open. What greets the other is still a room that is still sparsely decorated, but the decorations that are within are all flowers. A few are in pots yes, but most seem to be growing into the walls themselves around the window and in designs on the wall. The scent, however, isn't overbearing in the slightest. In fact, it's faint and is mostly reminiscent of early mornings near a stream with some warmer scents mixed in like a bakery or a sunny afternoon beneath wisteria or cherry blossoms.

"You are most fortunate with M'lord as a husband." The servant murmurs before seeming to realize she had spoken aloud. "Forgive me! I did not mean to be so forward or presumptuous." She bows from the waist and holds it until the other decides her fate.

When the cuff disappeared from sight into the other prince's jacket a pang of grief touched his heart and he swallowed a lump in his throat. What a strange eighteenth birthday this had been. It wasn't until he heard the sharp tone in Caderyn's voice that his eyes swam back into focus. He was scolding his father who looked as though he had become a snake ready to strike. The older man scoffed "You'll do well to remember, my prince, that I am still a king of a now allied country, and my son is in an unfamiliar place with very little schooling on the customs of your kingdom. I'm simply trying to inform him of the pleasantries that are expected of the young princes."

Luel rolled his eyes at the exchange, unsure of how to take either male. It seemed like they were both trying to assert dominance. Luel finally waved a hand. "Its fine." Dismissing both his father's nagging whispers and his husbands desire to defend his honor.

When they finally made it to the dance floor he let the other lead, unsure of dances in the human world this wouldn't be a whole lot better, though his tutor had been able to show him a few things while he took crash courses in every thing. When Caderyn addressed him, voicing his hope that the song was short, Luel wondered if he was as unhappy with the arrangement as he was. He spoke, barely above a whisper, so only the prince could hear him. "I'm sorry... I'm sure this is now how you expected your life to turn out. I understand if this leads to nothing more than an alliance, and you find other ways to be happy." There was sadness edging his voice, being forced into this situation was aching.

He followed Caderyn's lead and bowed at the end of the dance, before he was lead off. Everything that happened after that happened quickly again. Luel constantly felt like he was just being forced through time shifts were things happened around him. Someday, maybe that particular feeling would calm down. He did appreciate the prince giving him an out of the wedding party though. He bowed and kissed the back of his husband's hand before he disappeared into wherever he was going.

The servant that lead him to their rooms was quiet as they walked, Luel wondered if he would spend most of his time in the palace as silent as the walls felt after the loud party. He was also completely sure he'd be lost for the first five years living in a place this big. When they arrived at their shared quarters Luel took a moment to look around, barely hearing the woman speak. He made a soft noise. "Two weeks ago I lived with my mother and step father, and my siblings. I was spirited away in the night by a fairy, something I never knew to exist until now... and forced to marry... I'm not sure anything about this is fortunate... but I guess... thanks?"

He looked at her, the pain in his voice was palpable. "Are... are my things here?" He assumed he'd wander around the space that had been sanctioned as theirs... when his mind drifted back to his husband he gasped. "Oh, the gift... I left it on the table. Everything happened so fast... I should go get it. Can you tell me, is there a kitchen in this area? I... I think I'd like to bake something... if I'm allowed? I'll be back in a moment, I should go get the box and painting."

It would likely be immediately obvious that Luel was not trained to be a prince growing up, as he was completely willing to retrieve things for himself. He took a moment to remove the jacket of his tux and a few quick movements braided the hair that hung down into his eyes up and out of the way before he headed for the door they'd just walked through.

Hearing his husband's words, Caderyn gives a wane smile to the other. "This is not how I envisioned my marriage, no. Unfortunately it is the life and fate of the nobility, royalty in particular, that such personal sacrifices are often required." It might not have bothered him so much if at the very least some tradition was kept with the courtship and timeline, but his father is not only flaunting tradition but ignoring the imminent threat of attack leaving it solely to his heir to deal with. The extra stress and difficulty has weighed heavily on the prince.

The servant fidgets with her fingers clearly nervous and unsure of her place with this new prince. "I am sure this has been most difficult and trying for you Prince Luel, however, I do hope you come to like it here." When the other suddenly asks about his things and goes to rush off, she startles. "O-of course your things were brought here Your Highness. Right after you and Prince Caderyn finished opening them and exchanged gifts." The servant steps in front of the door, hands held out low. "They are in the other room and I can give you the tour of your quarters before you settle in for the night."

Eyeing the other a bit warily, as if worried he might rush off and get lost in the castle, she lightly steps around the new prince to lead further into his new home. "This is the receiving room of course where you will mostly entertain guests should you deign to, this is the sitting room, and here is Prince Caderyn's private library collection though I'm sure he would be willing to let you enjoy the literature if you asked." She opens a door off to the side which reveals a a tall oval-shaped room lined with numerous shelves that seem to go up almost two stories with small reading balconies on occasion, though there is a lounge couch and cushions on the floor as well.

Closing the door the female servant continues with the tour. "This here is to be your room to do whatever you like with. Just let us know and it shall be done." She had led him down a short walkway that has an overhang to keep the elements off should it rain or snow, but overlooks the nearby setting of the Prince's new home. The door at the end of the 10 to 15 foot walk opens into a large airy room that is currently empty, but is about the same size as Caderyn's library just except in width and length instead of height. She allows him a moment to study the room before continuing the tour back to the other side of the rooms on the other side of the sitting room. "This is Prince Caderyn's private office, and through here is what could be another room for you or whatever else the two of you decide though originally it was intended to eventually become a nursery I believe." She doesn't open the private office, but does open the room across from it which reveals most of the gifts they had received stored within. "Through here is the bedroom, closet, and bathroom." The last door is opened to reveal a large bed with antique furnishings. Tucked into the natural decorations of the room is a door that opens to a walk-in closet easily the size of the receiving room, and a more obvious door opens to a bathroom that is surprisingly similar to a modern human's except clearly of high class standards.

On one of the vanities Luel's gift from Caderyn sits to show that it has been safely delivered. Perhaps worth of note was that in each room there were more floral designs that while unique, blended and shifted into each other with both color and scent, but the bedroom was perhaps the most elaborate of any making it feel as though they were in an open garden beneath a expansive wisteria or willow tree. It is at this sight the servant bows at the door. "I will take my leave now. Should you need something just ring that bell." There is a cord that she points to before slipping out.

Meanwhile, Caderyn curses as the new information reaches him. "We are not ready by any means but we will have to do what we can. Have we heard from our allies?" There are some reports given to which the heir nods gravely. "Understood. While they make their preparations we shall have to begin our own. Start setting up defenses here, here, and here." He points on the map. "We should have small teams on rotation between these points prepared to ambush and delay should anything happen before we're ready. Have the main forces begin to prepare for war, but the strike forces should be sent out immediately."

The generals all give grim nods of assent and begin talking about resources as well as timelines. Towards the end they give their prince sympathies and condolences on having to leave his husband so soon. He accepts their words with grace but inwardly tenses and fumes at everything going on. Just what is his father thinking? To say nothing of that snake his family is now tied to.

Slowly he manages to relax his clenched fist before letting out on long sigh. For several long moments he stares unseeingly at the map before him before wearily pushing himself up to return to his rooms where he will try to soak away the stress and worries until the morning when he will have to begin communicating in earnest with other countries to plan for the upcoming war.

His mind so focused on his upcoming tasks, he isn't as quiet or careful entering the bedroom on his way to the bathroom as he might have been otherwise. In fact, it is not until he is undressing as the large tub fills with hot water and some scented oil the heir mixes in, that his exhausted mind remembers his husband may have been sleeping. Letting his shirt fall to the floor, Caderyn goes back to peek on the other and is set to apologize if he had woken his new husband or startled him.

Luel noticed the nervousness. It was something that all high schoolers did before they talked to a teacher about a grade, or a crush about the prom. It reminded him of the life he'd already left behind. "Don't call me Prince.. or highness... at least when its just you here. Just," He paused looking at her with eyes full of some raw emotion. "Just call me Luel, please." He knew she probably wouldn't, but he had to at least try something.

The nervous behavior didn't stop though, he noticed she flitted in front of the door like a moth to the flame. He wondered in the back of his head if she had been charged with keeping an eye on him, instead of just showing him around. But he let her lead him around anyways, taking her word for it that everything they needed was available in their section of the palace.

Every room brought him new questions. What the hell was a receiving room for? Isn't that what living rooms were? Where was the dinning room, why didn't he have a goddamned kitchen and oven? Sitting room - for sitting... His mind didn't stop wandering around until the library door was opened. Now that was something Luel could get down with - he loved to read. He wondered how much of the library contained books he could read, would read, and how much of it was in languages he didn't know. That had been infuriating about his father's library, many of the books were not in english.

The room that was his he eyed, walking into the empty space and thinking. He knew what he wanted. He wanted a kitchen but he wasn't sure he would be given it. He also wanted planter boxes for herb growing not he balcony next to the room. Tentatively he left, wondering if he should even ask for what he wanted, allowing the girl to return to his tour though he was barely listening now. At the empty room intended to be a nursery Luel touched the door, his heart a little heavy. "I'm sure he'll find someone to give him an heir, and there will be a life behind the door eventually. For now I suppose it'll be best to leave it empty till we find him a mistress, or a surrogate." He wasn't stupid, he knew how royalty worked, even if it was only from reading history. Kings had heirs to take their thrones, though again his voice was tipped in sadness.

The bedroom was indeed beautiful, it looked like a hotel you saw in magazines that rich people stayed at when they went on vacation and wanted to spend more money than the rest of the world had. The wisteria smelled lovely, and Luel felt calm at the presence of all the flowers. He noted the box was set to the side, and when the servant said she was leaving he held up a hand. "W-Wait... You said I could put anything in that room right? I want a kitchen, well really its big enough for two things, I want a kitchen with an island, stove, oven... on the other side of the room... I'd like a desk and some book shelves. Then on the walkway leading to it... Can I have some planter boxes and... and herb seeds. I'd like to plant my own herbs." He was twisting up inside, hoping he wasn't asking for too much. He wasn't sure how difficult putting a kitchen into a space like that would be.

Once she was gone Luel looked in the box at the gift the other had made him, it was beautiful. He took a moment to change into a pair of jeans that hugged at his hips and a loose black tank top. Then he wandered around to get more familiar with the space he was supposed to occupy. He wasn't sure about a lot of things, though he supposed he couldn't let his nerves stop him from surviving. He had to, for the health of his family. Deciding he didn't care much about how private the library was Luel decided to raid it, picking out a book that seemed interesting he headed for the walk way that was open to the air. He sat there in the hall way and began reading by moon light.

Eventually Luel set the book down and pulled himself up onto the wall of the walkway, swinging his legs over the edge and sitting there. He stared out at the expanse of land, and began singing a lullaby his mother sang to him when he was little, the night air was cool enough to pull bumps up on his skin. Vaguely in the rooms somewhere he heard rustling, but he figured it was either a servant or his husband. Either way, this was the most at piece he'd been since he'd arrived, and he wasn't concerned with the happenings of whoever else was in there.

At the other's comment about finding a surrogate or other for a child, she gives him a queer look as if wondering if he's playing a joke on her, but doesn't comment on it. Later, as she goes to leave, the servant is taken aback by the other's request to call him by name, but surprisingly gives a small warm smile. "As you wish... Luel." She startles a bit though when called out to by the to other and looks back a touch wary, though gives a soft smile with a sigh when her new prince merely gives her a request for his room. "That should be doable. I will make sure someone comes by tomorrow to work with you on designing it and as for the... 'planter boxes'" She frowns slightly over the unfamiliar phrase "if you wish to plant things I would talk with your husband."

The servant looks around as if concerned someone might hear her, and steps closer. In a small whisper she seems as though sharing a great secret with the other. "He has a great skill with plants. In fact, he actually is the one who did all the flower arrangements in the rooms." She gives another small smile then backs up to give a small bow. "I will be back on the morrow. Goodnight Luel." With that the woman slips away.

When Caderyn looks back in the bedroom and sees that his husband isn't there, he gives a small sigh of relief. Going back to his bath, the prince piles up his long hair so that it doesn't get wet as he sinks into the blissful heat of the scented water. The smells of peppermint, a hint of lavender, and clear water waft around him causing the stress to slowly seep away though not entirely. The information and heavy feeling in his gut plagues him too much for him to fully relax. Not too mention that he and his husband will be expected to consummate their marriage soon.

Not tonight though. The heir thinks to himself. He is so, so very tired. Even if he wanted to get intimate with someone tonight, he's not sure that he would have the energy to do so. Caderyn finds himself almost drifting off in the tub and reluctantly pushes himself up to dry off and go to bed. Looking up at the ceiling, the prince finds himself idly wondering if his husband liked the gifts and effort he has put to welcome the other.

With a soft sigh, he makes sure that the gift given to him by his husband is safely put away in the box with his other favorite jewelry and adornments, he goes to bed. He barely touches the covers before passing out. Come morning he doesn't wake as early as normal, but once he does slowly gets up to put on a robe before going to the next room where breakfast is laid out. Waving a hand, the wall facing the same direction as the walkway become clear. It allows for the morning light to filter in and allow the sight of the land being kissed by the growing light.

Slumping into a chair, Caderyn fills a cup with his favorite tea before taking a long sip. With a sigh, he slowly opens his eyes and stares unseeingly across the room. Outside of not being an overly big morning person, the heir is not looking forward to his itinerary for the day. Though sparring with his fellow warriors will be enjoyable. The thought of practicing causes him to frown. I should have a trainer meet with Luel. Self-defense is important for anyone and his younger siblings receive training from one of the best fighters under his command. "I shall have to mention it." He murmurs while looking around finally looking to see if the other is awake as well.

As he looks around, the same servant from last night comes in. "Ah, Lilly. Good morning." He gives a small nod and smile which is returned. "Good morning Your Highness." Despite the formal address there is warmth there and familiarity. She holds out a stack of letters to Caderyn who sighs but takes them and starts sorting them. Some are letters from those that were unable to attend, others seeking an audience to meet the new prince, and some are from those from his country's allies. The last ones he reads first while continuing to eat his breakfast.

"Lilly, can you make sure someone comes to help my husband respond to these letters later? If he doesn't feel up to meeting anyone for a few days that is fine, and expected, but we will need to make an appearance in at least two days or so. He doesn't know anyone here so help with picking someone who... won't be overwhelming" He tries to put delicately. "to be first introduced to. I will be busy until after lunch, but after that I will return to assist him with matters." Lilly bows and states that it will be done. Once done with the letters he deems immediately important, he stands up to get dressed. He carefully peeks into the bedroom to see if the other male is awake before going in and dressing for the day.

That done he turns to leave so that he can begin with his appointments. He puts on the gift from his husband, making sure it is visible, and heads off to meet with his men to update them and get some sparring in. So his day goes until he finally makes it back to the room mid-afternoon and goes to see how his husband is faring. Finding the other, he stops a little ways away not wanting to crowd the other or make him uncomfortable. "Good afternoon. How are you finding things?"

Luel had spent a lot of his life making himself scarce since he grew up in a house hold of half siblings and his step father, so it really wasn't that hard in such a large place to be hard to find. He didn't go to bed that night, as he found he couldn't sleep. It was a bit of a surprise to find Caderyn in bed though when he finally came back through. He took some time to really look at the prince's face while he slept. He looked tired, like he already carried a great weight on his shoulders. Luel brushed some hair out of his face and hummed gently for a little while to make sure the male entered a pleasant sleep before he went about to find another place to read. Eventually he fell asleep on a sofa in the sitting room. He had nightmares, and his very short amount of sleep had left him groggy the next day.

He managed to drag himself up off the sofa after a little while and stretch, bones creaking and popping in rebellion to where Luel had chosen to spend some time sleeping. He was slightly taken aback by the fact that he wouldn't have his own bed. Luel was still completely certain that he was just there to bridge a gap between the kingdoms and that the marriage was a facade. He expected no love, or warmth, from his husband and really he wasn't sure he had any to give. He was angry and terrified and still a teenager. He sat down to breakfast around mid-morning alarmed by the fact that he didn't have to make it himself. When Lilly arrived with things he needed to do that day he rolled his eyes. Wonderful, he'd rather bake bread for the whole kingdom than handle paperwork. Though this morning he was at least polite enough to remember to ask Lilly her name since it seemed she would be the primary person he and his husband relied on.

After eating Luel took the letters and sat down, opening each one carefully and reading them through from top to bottom. He had asked Lilly for stationary to which she mentioned he could just have someone pen the responses for them. He waved the idea off but did at least wait for someone to come and help him figure out how to answer the letters. There was even one in a language Luel had no grasp of, so he allowed the person - a scribe named Allen - to translate and write out a response. After the letters were taken care of he began working with Lilly on getting his room set up. "Is there any way we can get the oven and actual ingredients in today?" A gentle rolling laugh eminated from the fairy because he was accustomed to living in a world without instant delivery so he didn't honestly think it was doable and he wanted Lilly to know that.

There was little else to do after that point, so he took a bath and changed into a different set of similar looking boxer briefs/tee shirt/jeans outfit like the night before. The routine was already a sharp tip to a dull blade something he'd done a thousand times every morning getting ready for school. School... how weird to never be going back to school. He supposed he had his tutor but it wasn't the same, they weren't going over US history together. Fingers quickly braided his wet, fiery head of hair, and he got down to work unpacking his belongings. No sense in sitting around in grief stricken shock for too long. He had to at least try and make the best of all this.

When his husband arrived late in the afternoon Luel had worked on unpacking his things and putting them where he wanted, as well as unpacking the gifts, though it was taking much longer to figure out what to do with them since most of them were jewels, art, or some kind of decoration. A few items were also definitely meant for when they were with child, not that that was going to happen, so those items were just left in the abandoned room in a corner. His big, honey rimmed eyes lifted, lashes just barely moving out of the way enough to give him a full view of his partner. "Finding? Strange word. I'm not really finding much, Lilly seems to think its best if I don't leave the rooms delighted as ours, but I have nothing to do. Oh and lets not start with the fact that I've only just turned eighteen and have no idea whats going on with my life. So at least that is probably completely normal, but who even knows what normal is anymore." He glared, but when his eyes met the other prince's they softened, even if just slightly. "I... I'm sorry." Luel sighed and turned away from the male to look out the window, crossing his arms in a defensive way.

When her other prince awakens and eats, she fights back a laugh at how similar he is to Caderyn when it comes to paperwork. At the request of the oven and ingredients, she bows. "The oven will take some time I'm afraid, but the one who will work with you to design your space will arrive this afternoon. If you can provide a list of ingredients, however, that will be seen to though until finished there won't be storage for them." She says apologetically.

Caderyn is taunt with stress upon his return and the snappish response he gains a scowl as he prepares his own biting response, but when the other apologizes the heir bites his tongue. Literally. Taking a slow deep breath he settles himself nearby his husband. "She is right, though perhaps I may have had something to do with that. I did mention you might not be ready to engage with other nobles just yet." He reaches out and gently picks up one of the items for the nursery. "I'm not sure how different our ways are from yours, but power games here can be deadly and grudges can last centuries or longer making the stakes all the higher. I had not intended her to think that meant you couldn't explore however. Merely that you may not be ready for that kind of interaction, or that you may wish to avoid your father. I had not felt much love lost between you two."

Keeping his gaze on the item, he continues softly. "I had intended us to go through these together upon my return." Though not overtly heard, he is a bit disappointed that his husband hadn't waited for him to go through their gifts together, but if the other had been bored the prince can understand why. Setting the item down, he continues while moving to assist going through the different gifts. "If you have any interests, Lilly or myself can help you though we may caution you to have myself or a trusted other with you depending on what it is you want to do."

He frowns at an art piece as he turns it, and himself, trying to make sense of it. "I think I might shove this in a dark corner somewhere. Perhaps that will help..." He mutters to himself. The piece almost hurts his brain trying to understand it and it is not very good. To him at least. Setting it aside he continues to go through the pile with his husband. After some time he speaks to the other again. "Lilly told me you slept on a couch last night. You are welcome to use the bed. I won't do anything unwanted towards you, though we will have to consummate at some point or else our marriage won't be considered binding." He tries to soften that portion of things, but is tired and trying to figure out how to tell his newly wedded husband that soon he will have to go off and fight a war.

She had also mentioned that Luel may have a request of him, but considering how unhappy the other is already perhaps she was mistaken. Still, should it be something that he can do then the heir is willing to at least try so as to have at least a peaceful marriage. Not too mention he hopes that they can trust each other enough to look out for one another, more so the heir hopes to be able to trust his husband to look after what is most precious to him.

A little while after Caderyn sits to help his husband with their gifts, Lilly announces the designer has arrived to meet with Luel. "Go on, I'll keep working here for a bit before I need to head to my next appointment." What he'd really like to do is get some more sleep, but that is currently a piper's dream for him right now. Once things are separated and organized the King-to-be stares at them all and gathers up the more practical pieces like clothing, armor and even some weapons to put in their room. The ones that are meant for him he puts away and leaves the rest for his husband to put where he likes.

With that he checks to make sure the gift from Luel is secure. The bracelet was too small for him to wear, so he has it holding his hair back with the emblem facing out despite it chaffing him bit to wear the slimy king's symbol. Once satisfied, he goes out to where his husband is meeting with the fae who will help design and build his space. "I have to go now. I will return in time for dinner." With a slight nod of his head, the prince takes his leave unsure of if his touch would be welcomed by the other or not. Wearily he straightens his spine and shoulders as he strides out to sit with his father for court.

• Saga locked this topic