My Lord (closed to afkbottle) 18+

KawaiiNekomimiBoy

tumblr_p73zvyELgV1x6nr7eo1_500.jpg

Name: Shin Watanabe

Height: 5'4"

Personality: Shin is the prince of a far away kingdom, Cridel. He gets daily lessons on how to become the next lord when his father retires. Shin is very sweet and likes helping everyone that he could, no matter how hard of a task it is. He can be pretty stubborn when it comes to certain tasks that he doesn't want to do if he is too tired. Shin's sleeping schedule isn't the best since he is too busy becoming the next lord of the kingdom so he tends to fall asleep in random locations, mostly the garden since it is very peaceful there.

"Young master, it is time to get up," the maid calls out as she opens the shades and walks over to Shin before softly shaking him.

Shin mumbles and looks at the maid, looking at the clock and sighs since it was so early but he sat up from his bed and yawns, scratching the back of his head.

"I have your clothes all ready for you. Since you are still tired.. I will go ask the butler to help bathe you," the maid mentions as she walks to the door.

"That's... not necessary," Shin looks at the maid as he picks up his clothes and walks to the bathroom with the maid following him.

The maid walks into the bathroom, leaning down and turns on the water, getting it nice and warm from Shin before stepping away, "alright, enjoy your bath," she bows and left Shin so he could take a bath.

Shin watches the maid leave as he takes off his nightwear and steps into the water, washing himself up.

The maid walks to the room where the butlers were and looks for Ren, which was the main butler that looks after Shin, "Ren, Shin is in the bathroom taking a bath. Can you go look after him so he doesn't fall asleep and drown in the tub please," the maid bows.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KawaiiNekomimiBoy

• afkbottle

G1SgOss.jpg

Name: Ren Tamotsu

Height: 5'7"

Personality: Capable and mysterious. He doesn't like to reveal much about himself, and when he smiles, it rarely looks sincere. He's grumbling a lot inside his head. There's a hint of extra emotions whenever he looks at Shin, though.

Ren nodded to the maid. He frowned, however. That so called prince should be old enough, why do I still need to watch over him like a babysitter?, he thought with a collected face. He walked towards the bathroom as it was his duty.

Certainly, watching over the prince wasn't a cheap duty. A single carelessness could cost him his life. Nevertheless, it was also one of the highest paying job between the butlers, so he still gained ire and jealousy from his peers, since Ren had only started working as the palace's butler since last winter. He knew the reasons wouldn't be so simple, but he kept them to himself. He minded the gossips around the palace even less.

He only knocked twice before entering the bathroom. It was not the first time that he had to watch over the prince. Unless Shin easily forgot things, there was no way he wouldn't be recognized. At least, that's what I expect from the prince's brain.

Thankfully, the duty to tend the water on the preparation wasn't his task. It wasn't steaming, so the prince's upper body was on full view for the butler. He attentively looked at the young man with that unblemished skin. He didn't think the prince ever knew any real hardship in his life.

"Please inform me once you have finished your bath, Your Highness," he said. Clear, refreshing voice came out of his mouth. Probably because he rarely spoke, whenever he did, his voice had this raspy quality even if he spoke normally. He should have ended it with a bow, but he never was that servitude towards the prince. For reasons he didn't know, he was never punished because of that either.

Just as he was about to fall asleep in the bath, Shin perks his head up as he heard a knock on the door before watching his waiter, Ren enter the bathroom. "I told the maid I don't need any help.. return to what you were doing," he rests his head on the tub edge and lets out a yawn as he was washing his body.

"I don't have the liberty to do that, Your Highness," Ren said plainly, still standing straight. There's a huge towel on top of his arm, ready to be given to the prince when the latter needed it.

He still kept calling the prince Your Highness, unlike the older maids who called him young master since they had been with him before the current king came into his position. Besides, said king reprimanded him strongly in private to keep in mind about their positions in public. It would be fine, if only said king didn't word it that way.

A chilly glint came to his eyes and traveled as sharp glare towards the prince. Sometimes, a strong feeling of loathing just came over him when it had something to do with the father-son pair.

Nonetheless, as he saw Shin resting his head, he stepped forward and closer, ready to catch his body in an instant if he were to really fall asleep in the tub.

Shin pouts a little as he sighs a little as he leans back in the tub as he continues washing himself as he looks at his butler as he just stood there, holding a towel. He slowly lifts up his leg and washes his leg one at a time. He then moves to put shampoo in his hair, washing his hair. He dunks his head down and washes the soap out of his hair. Sitting up straight, Shin shakes his head to semi dry his hair before resting back down on the tub edge.

Slowly closing his eyes and notices Ren slowly approaching as he rubs his eyes, "I'm done," he suddenly stands up and steps out of the bath, pressing himself against the towel that Ren was holding.

Ren automatically wrapped the towel around. The prince was lithe, but toned enough that he could say it was not due to starving. Yet it brought some memories back in his teenage years in the orphanage, taking care of the younger kids. It would be good if they had an ounce of propriety as this prince. Even Ren had to admit that, begrudgingly. He subconsciously rubbed the towel around before removing his hand completely, expecting the other to continue doing that by himself.

Taking out the pocket watch from his trousers, he looked at the hour. "There should be some time before the breakfast is prepared," he said, walking to the side, opening the way for the prince to move to the wardrobe.

Shin looks at Ren and closes his eyes as his butler was drying him off before he could tell Ren was in a daze so he took the towel from Ren's arms and continues drying himself. As he was drying himself, he looks at Ren and nods his head, "yeah, it gives me plenty of time to get dress." He walks into the wardrobe and gets his shoes, walking back to his room. He sits on his bed and finishes drying off his legs before putting the towel to the side.

Shin then starts putting on his uniform he wear and leans down to put on his shoes. He stands up and takes the towel, putting it in the hamper.

Ren watched in silence, curbing down the emotions inside him that would be to his disadvantage if he were to act upon. It was already a blessing that he didn't have to button those shirts and help the rest of the clothes being worn by the prince. He was trained to do that, but he neither offered nor the prince asked him for it, so he didn't bother.

Just right when Shin finished putting on the shoes, they could hear several spirited knocks on the large wooden door. Just like Ren, before even hearing Shin's reply, the door was opened. Besides Ren, the only one who would dare to do that was Jirou, the loner knight in the castle who was appointed as Shin's bodyguard.

Ren's conclusion was correct. The head that peered from the door belonged to the knight.

tumblr_p740wpr9Gn1x6nr7eo1_540.png

Name: Jirou Takamatsu

Height: 6'3"

Personality: Calm and warm, with observational eyes. He was the king's adventuring companion who got the job as the knight in the palace, following the crowning of the king. He was a loner, but not the dislikeable kind. His nickname is "Eagle Eye". However, something else lies beneath the warm surface...

Jirou's brown eyes scanned the room. His eyes twitched when they saw the butler who was newly appointed but also never seemed to leave Shin's side. They didn't linger, though. As soon as Jirou looked at the prince, he threw a smile and straightened up.

"Morning, young Shin," he said, still couldn't believe how precious it was to be able to call the prince by his name only. Of course he couldn't do so in official settings, but otherwise, those who knew his relationship as the king's old pal never really minded the way he did. If anything, he had proven how capable he was to protect the young prince from danger, which happened every so often. "It's bright outside, why don't we go on a horse riding before your morning study begins? After breakfast, of course," he said in his doting father tone.

Shin looks over at Ren and tilts his head as he finished getting dressed and all he felt like doing right now was sleep. Waking up early every single day, training to be the next lord was pure exhausting. He perks his head up as he heard knocks on the door, wondering who that was but he could here the sound of armor clanking so he knew it must have been the new knight his father got to help protect him.

He looked over the knight and watched him carefully. He nods his head slowly, "morning... I still feel like sleeping though," he rubs the back of his head. Shin looks at the knight and slowly nods his head, "yeah maybe some horse riding will help me wake up."

Jirou smiled sheepishly. As Shin grew up, even if he retained his way of calling the young prince, the latter never called him Uncle like he used to. At first he hated to be called that way, but as the time passed, he felt it was so very endearing. Even now, that the prince had reached adulthood, Jirou couldn't help the desire to protect the young man, making him safe and comfortable as long as he could.

Right, that was the only way he wanted Shin to be. Unrealistic, seeing that he was the one to lead the kingdom later on when the crown was passed to him, but even so Jirou would rather Shin being kept inside the comfort of his bedroom instead of going out, adventuring, managing the kingdom, and facing difficulties every single day.

"Or simply walking around in the garden could be an option. The gardener gave me this fresh cut of white roses, let me put them on your vase," Jirou said, taking the stalks of roses behind his back. The stalks were even free from thorns. "Do you want to smell them?" he asked, stepping forward towards Shin's bedpost, where the vase was.

Meanwhile, Ren took the towel that Shin no longer needed and put them away to the basket filled with bed sheet that the old maid had taken off before. After he made sure the prince had breakfast, he would have to take the basket to the laundry room, then his morning duties were done. Afterwards, he could choose to be beside the prince or just standby somewhere else until Shin called for him.

Jirou threw a dirty glance towards the attractive young butler. He was the one who should have been keeping Shin company all day and all night long, anyone else wouldn't be necessary as he was enough to protect Shin and Shin alone. However, as he was one of the most senior knights in the palace, he could no longer become idle as Shin's bodyguard only, or it would reflect badly for the rest of the knights. Even if he still doted on Shin, officially, Jirou was Shin's sword trainer.

Looking at the prince's tired eyes, though, he rarely had the heart to ask Shin for a practice session. If the king were to visit around, he would insist on Shin, but otherwise, there was no need to. With him around Shin, why would the prince need the sword skills?

As Shin slowly was starting to wake up more and more, he looks at the knight and finally noticed that this man was his father's best friend. He couldn't help but feel bad for not noticing before he simply responding with a smile, "it is.. really nice to see you again. Sorry I didn't realize you sooner, I just basically woken up so I must still be half asleep."

He nods his head, "yeah any way of getting fresh air should help me wake up." he tilts his head as he watches Jirou take from his back some roses. He smiles as he nods his head as he walks over to the vase, leaning down to smell them, "they smell so very good."

Shin blinks as he heard his stomach growl and blushes a little as he looks at Jirou, rubbing the back of his head with a soft laugh, "sorry I didn't have anything yet."

Looking at Jirou with a smile, "I am more awake now. Should we have the sword fighting practice now," he tilts his head, glad to see Jirou again since the last time he saw him was when he was real little. He knew it was probably best to train until after he ate.

Jirou smiled. "Who are you standing on ceremony with? It's a small thing, don't even apologize for it, young Shin. It really has been a while since the last time I can visit," he said. By long, he thought of the last Sunday where they had to have another practice session.

His eyes glazed over when he saw Shin's blush. It looked absolutely enchanting, especially since Jirou hadn't taken away the white rose from Shin. He did a while after, though, putting them inside Shin's flower vase.

Meanwhile, Ren immediately took the tray full of food. The temperature, after being left for a while, really cooled down to the extent that it was immediately edible. If he were to serve this earlier, it would burn the prince's tongue, after all.

He put the tray on the small dining table on the balcony. There was an identical one in the balcony as well, in case the prince liked to eat outside, but the prince rarely asked the otherwise from Ren. So he just thought that he could put it wherever.

"It is all right, you go and eat your fill before worrying over things like that," Jirou told the prince. "I'm your bodyguard before I'm your mentor, so your wellbeing is first and foremost, okay?" he said. "Just in case, I will prepare several dummies for your practice, though. The old one was left outside when the last thunderstorm hit the area, so it's unusable now."

With that, Jirou's hand ruffled Shin's hair, before he made another glare to Ren.

Shin nods his head slowly and pouts a little, "yeah.. but still I was so out of it, I didn't even notice my father's friend," he lowers his head a little. He looked at Jirou, wondering why he was watching him blush as he looks to the side, rubbing the back of his head as he watched the flowers being put in his vase.

The maid comes to Shin's room, "young master, Ren has put your food in the garden so you can enjoy your meal outside today," she bows and leaves.

Shin tilts his head, wondering why Ren brought his meal outside but in a way he was pretty happy to be able to eat outside, walking to the garden.

Looking at Jirou and nods his head as he smiled, "alright I will be there as soon as soon as I am done eating," he closes his eyes as he felt his hair getting ruffled. He shakes his head, trying to fix his hair as he pouts before sat down and started to eat his meal.

Ren took out the pocket watch again. "If you want to have your sword training, you must hurry, Your Highness," he said. "The morning history class would begin in roughly two hours," he said. Putting the watch back, he simply stepped out of the vicinity towards the shade of a tree nearby. Frankly, he had brought the food to the garden since Jirou so blatantly threw a hateful glance at him. He didn't want to spare his attention, but he didn't want to get near people with whom he had to watch his back.

If he could, he would rather the prince not noticing his presence as he stood like a statue. It was almost impossible, of course. There were several people who were born with imposing aura. Years on the street, then becoming a mercenary before making contact with the king only honed that kind of presence. Ren felt like a sheathed blade, and he never made any effort to lessen the impact on someone he didn't feel worthy to do so.

Shin perks his head up as he heard Ren's voice and nods his head as he looks towards his butler, "yes Ren," he finishes eating and stands up, tilting his head as he saw how Ren and Jirou were looking at each other, shaking his head slowly, "why.. are you two looking at each other like that," he crosses his arms but then blinks as he looks at Jirou, "come on we must hurry so we can get some practice," he smiles a little as he takes the man's hand, leading him down to the training grounds.

As he stood in the training grounds, he walks over to the bench and could see his training uniform was waiting for him. He bends over and picks up the training uniform so he can put it on to protect himself. He looks at Jirou and smiles, "alright I am all ready for my training."

"Beats me," Ren muttered under his breath.

He wouldn't speak to the prince so casually, so he tried to make his voice as low as possible. Anyhow, he couldn't care enough why Jirou looked at him in hostility like that. A lot of people did that already, for different reasons to each of them.

The prince really ate fast after Ren's warning, and so, the butler watched over the prince and finally feeling relieved when he realized his morning duty was finished. He really would rather to go out of this situation. The next thing he had to do was ensuring the history tutor would be around, but otherwise, he was good right now.

Ren didn't follow the two of them to the training hall. After they disappeared from his sight, he finally turned around and went towards the servant's quarter.

In the training hall, finally Jirou nodded at the prince. He took the practice sword and gave it to the young man, then said. "A hundred swings, three sets, go."

After ordering the practice to the prince, though, he didn't stay around. Instead, he took the log from the weapon room, bringing the wood back to the training hall. There was a hole on the floor to secure the log, with perfect size. Afterwards, there were already straws gathered and tied together. After securing the straws, he tightened the rope and it was secured.

The swinging practice was to see how steady the prince was in his stance, while the straw log was there to see the path of his sword. A swordsmaster would be able to cut it to the bone. Of course, Jirou didn't wish for the prince to do so.

Putting his mind back to present, he circled around the prince to see his stances in different angle.

Shin looks at Ren and pouts a little, "you better not be keeping secrets," he crosses his arms.

He looks at his now empty plate and lets out a hiccup, couldn't help but realize how fast he actually ate his breakfast. He wipes his mouth with a napkin and drinks his juice with a sigh, finally feel like he was more awake now than he was before.

---

Shin takes the practice sword and nods his head as he stands in a fighter stance, staring to swing the sword. He was watching Jirou and tilts his head as he watches him curiously but then shakes his head, going back to swinging the sword.

He was glad to be practicing how to use a sword even for self defense. He wasn't always going to be around knights and butlers so he had to learn the basics so he can defend himself on his own.

As he watches Jirou circle him, "am I doing good," he looks towards Jirou as he continues swinging the sword.

Ren gave a sharp glint. Secrets? You don't even know half of it, he thought. However, he remained silent until the episode was over.

--

Jirou could see that the prince had been so completely immersed in his knowledge that his practical skills were neglected. Jirou himself wasn't helping, because he didn't push the prince to improve fast in this aspect, so he didn't blame Shin.

"Don't simply swing your arms. It's good that you can distribute the tension to your legs, but what's more important is your core, young Shin," he said. "All right, stop swinging for now. Sit up 20 times, push up 20 times, then squat 20 times, for a set. Repeat until you're sweating and can feel the heat in your core," he said.

Shin tilts his head as he looks at Ren, pouting a little and sighs, shaking his head slowly.

---

Shin couldn't help but look at Jirou, wondering why it was taking so long for him to get out of the sword swinging stage since that is all his other knight did before his wife had a baby and he had to look after her and their child.

Biting his bottom lip as he nods his head as he slowly stops swinging his arms and then sits on the floor, starting to do sit ups first. Within a few minutes he works on doing push ups. Another few minutes, he stands up and starts doing a squats, really starting to get sore and sweaty.

Jirou remembered his old pa knocked his head from not doing the basic swinging when practicing. The most basic movement was the core of the skills. Repeating the moves would make the sword felt like his own limbs. That was the lesson he learned in his youth.

However, he took pity of the prince. The prince didn't need to be able to reach the apex in swordsmanship. After all, Jirou was the one who must and would definitely always keep him from harm. Safe and secured.

Therefore, Jirou didn't mean to tell the prince to go back on the sword swing again. He opened his mouth to talk, but closed it again. Jirou was in awe.

The prince taut muscles could be seen as the layer of his training outfit stuck close, thanks to the sweat. It accentuating his curves. Even though the prince looked lithe, he was still a fit young man. Jirou couldn't take his eyes off. How years had done good for Shin, because he had grown an attractive body while retaining that youthful face which almost never changed.

It made Jirou wonder what kind of face he would show in---

No, he was the prince's bodyguard. He must keep the prince safe. Yes, safe.

...locked, perhaps?

Clearing his throat, Jirou said, "All right, just two reps is enough. I can't let you spend all your stamina now seeing that you have to study later," he added. "Basic movements are the core of any skills you can learn from anyone. Stab, thrust, slice, all these are the basics and can be lethal when paired with excellent footwork. Anyway, take the iron sword and stand over here," he ordered. His arm leaned on the practice target.

"You can pass this morning once your sword has reached the stick on the core of this straw," he said. "Let's start, I will guide your movement if you can't achieve it in half the time necessary."

Shin was glad that Jirou wasn't like his last teacher. He was a complete jerk. One miss step and he would wind up with a hit on the head with the practice sword.

He looks at Jirou and smiles a little, "a-am I doing it alright knight Jirou," he looks at him as he was trying to catch his breath and pants a little, wiping his arm against his forehead.

He tilts his head as he caught how Jirou was looking at him as he slowly straightens his posture, "Jirou?" He felt completely disgusted. The way his clothes cling to his body thanks to the sweat.

Nodding his head, "yeah my teacher won't be happy if I fall asleep in class again," he laughs a little, rubbing the back of his head as he listens to Jirou, "so.. it's more than just stab, thrust and slice? Hm... maybe if I had a target, it would be easier." He picks up the iron sword and stands where he was directed.

Looking at the target as he looks at Jirou and stabbing the sword at the practice target. He watches the sword slip out of his hands, thanks to the sweat and sighs. He pouts and looks at Jirou, "I think.. I need some help," he lowers his head a little.

The slight panting, flushed looks were all really tempting. To the youth tens of years younger than him, Jirou gulped, trying to curb down a threatening flare of desire.

"The target won't help your footwork, but that's for another session," he said.

Jirou looked at the fallen sword. The prince didn't even reach half the allocated time to slip over something as petty as this. Still, he took the sword and wiped off the sweat on the grip to the fabric of his training clothes. "You need a big help," he said, almost teasingly. "Breathe normally, then take a deeper breathing," he said. Then, Jirou moved behind Shin.

"Hold the sword as if you're practicing the swing," he said, then looked at Shin's legs.

Touching Shin's thigh, he hoped it was longer so he could cop better feel. "Lower down the center of your gravity, keep breathing deeply," he said. Placing his head next to Shin's face, he said close to Shin's ear, "Look carefully at the target. Don't go at it without a plan. Every movement needs rhythm, so swing diagonally, move the sword with breaking your stance, then try to slash into its very core. Understand?"

As he asked, he looked at Shin's face.

It was a mistake. He could smell the faint scent of Shin's shampoo. The royal family always smelled the best, as they had to prepare themselves for any urgent important meetings right away, so they were always clean. Right now, Jirou knew that firsthand as he could see the cheekbones, subtle jawlines, and his prince's collarbone. They were that close, so close that...

No.

Jirou cleared his throat. "If you understand, try to practice what I told you just now," he said, stepping back to give some room.

Shin looks over at Jirou as he tilts his head while he heard a gulp, wondering what he was thinking about seem to make Jirou distracted.

"Oh.. but if there was a target, it would help with how I move to get in my strikes in," he rubs the back of his head.

Looking down at the sword, "s..sorry, I should be wearing gloves for this so my hands don't get so sweaty or the possibility of getting blisters." He bites his bottom lip and tilts his head as he slowly nods his head, feeling Jirou go behind him.

He looks at the sword and takes hold of it. Shin looks down as his thigh was getting touched but shakes his head, trying not to get distracted as he kept a steady breath and listens to Jirou, nodding his head as he looks at the target. Looking at Jirou, "yeah .. I got it."

Watching Jirou take a step back and nods his head as he starts slashing at the center of the target.

Jirou only then realized the possibility about blisters.

In his youth, he was trained to feel the sword with his hands. To be able to treat it as an extension of his limb, a layer of protection only made it harder to achieve. However, the prince should not be subjected to that.

As if wanting to ease up a child's pain, he took Shin's hand and rubbed over the palm. "It is my fault for neglecting to provide that for you, young Shin," he said. However, there was no way he could take out the instructions he gave to him earlier. Right now, Jirou could only pray that Shin would not be in pain from this practice session.

"That's right," he said with a deep, steady voice as Shin started to swing diagonally. "The center of your gravity should be forward then downward. Synchronize your movement with your breathings. Now slash with a full swing!" he instructed.

Shin looks at Jirou as he then looks at his clothing and sighs, "I .. might need to take a shower to freshen up before my studies, this feels disgusting," he pouts.

He blinks as Jirou took his hand, causing him to drop the sword yet again. Softly blushes when he felt Jirou rub his palm and looks up at him, shaking his head, "n-no it's okay, I have a couple pair in my room for horse riding I could have used." He looks at his other hand and didn't see blisters, shaking his head, "I am alright right now though so it's okay."

Nodding his head as he looks at the target and then slices at the target across the stomach, "am I doing alright," he continues slashing at the target, seeing the marks being left on the practice target.

• Saga locked this topic