The Wedding Affair [Pigeon and Noise Prince]

Noise Prince

Mason's eyes widened and he froze, when Sui sleep-cuddled him, as if drawn to a flame. He was sleeping so soundly, Mason was afraid of waking him up, maybe during his own sleep. Sui's arm wrapped around his waist loosely. As embarrassing as it was… there was nothing unpleasant about being held by Sui. He soon fell asleep, and would not be waking with the sun.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Noise Prince

• Kotorichan

Sui slipped out of bed and silently dressed himself. He walked back to the edge of the bed and lightly brushed Mason's hair back out of his face. He stared down at the sleeping boy for a moment before leaning down to press a gentle kiss to his forehead.

Mason's eyelashes fluttered, as if being polite, the rest of him didn't stir at the kiss for a good minute before he opened his eyes as if he was forcing himself, straining like the faint morning light was too much. He was never much of a morning person. He didn't really remember where he was, or what had happened. He vaguely remembered Sui's face, but looking around, it was all the unfamiliar crystals that set him on edge for a minute, until the memories settled in.

Sui frowned slightly when he saw the boy stir. "It's alright... You don't need to wake up yet..." He murmured, leaning down to stroke Mason's cheek gently. "I will join you for breakfast whenever you're ready..." He pulled away and closed the curtains a little tighter to keep the light away from the human.

Mason smiled sleepily and relaxed back into the luxurious bed. He married a king, right? Wow... it was all real... He shared a bed with a demon-king! He was at risk of being an assassination victim! It was like some weird novel... He relaxed more when Sui closed the curtains to block out the light more. He didn't want to keep him from eating, since he was nice enough to wait, but he still felt so tired! Inter dimensional travelling and a wedding could really take a toll. After eight or nine minutes, just before he fell back asleep, he forced his eyes open and he sat up. If he fell asleep, there was no telling how long he'd sleep if he went undisturbed. Plus, he was hungry.

"Sui?" He rubbed his face. "Ready for breakfast?"

Sui looked up from the book he was reading and gave a gentle smile. "You don't want to sleep anymore?" He gracefully rose to his feet and set the book aside. "In that case I'll tell the servants to prepare breakfast." He slipped out of the room for a few moments then returned. "Would you like some help getting dressed?" He offered.

"I'll be fine," Mason smiled and put his feet to the floor. Servants... it seemed so bizarre to have servants. But he was married to a demon king surrounded by ginormous crystals so it shouldn't be all that noteworthy, all things considered. "I can dress my..." He looked at his husband again. "Uh... are there normal clothes? I mean, I mean... my-normal regular clothes?" He stammered over his words. What was he supposed to call his kinds of clothes now? 'Earth' didn't seem to cut it, there were lots of clothes from his own world he wouldn't know how to wear, either, after all.

"Not exactly..." Sui said with a slight frown. "I tried to get you clothes that were similiar to those of your homeland, but I also had to make sure that it be acceptable here." He went to the closet and opened it to reveal rows of fine silks. "Here..." He picked out a fairly simple white silk button-up shirt and slim fitting velvet blue pants. "I hope this is acceptable."

Mason was less concerned with how he looked than being able to get in and out of his clothes himself. He was nice to see that the compromise of what he was used to and what was acceptable wear here wasn't as extravagant as what he'd seen others in. A button up shirt and some pants, simple enough. And he knew how to wear those.

"That'll be just fine, thanks, Sui!"

• 2 months later...

Sui set the clothes down on the bed before turning to Mason. "Would you like some help getting dressed? He offered, taking a step towards the boy. "You must be a bit sleepy..."

Mason's cheeks turned pink, and he turned his gaze back to the clothes.

"I-I can handle something like this," He told him, bashfully. Sui really must see him as a sort of lost child in all this, and Mason didn't exactly feel confident that he was any different from that image. Mason pulled himself out of bed, and started studying the shirt, trying to see any hidden secrets that might embarrass him if he tried putting it on.

Sui nodded and turned away to give Mason a bit of privacy. He checked himself in the mirror, making sure that he looked perfect. He waited until Mason was done changing and turned back to him. "Are you feeling alright?" He asked gently, reaching out to lightly touch his cheek.

Mason was able to dress himself with relative ease, despite his anxiousness. Mason awkwardly cleared his throat to let Sui know he was done.

"I-I feel alright," He insisted unconvincingly. After hearing his own tone, he sighed and looked away from the king. "...Still trying to adjust..."

Sui sat down on the edge of the bed and gently pulled Mason into his arms. "I'm sorry..." He said softly. "I can only imagine how difficult this is for you." He lightly ran his fingers through the boy's hair. "After breakfast you can come back to the room and just rest if you'd like." He released Mason and rose to his feet, pressing a light kiss to his forehead. "I don't want to overwhelm you."

Mason gasped softly in surprise when Sui took him so quickly in his arms. Mason wasn't super touchy-feely back home, for no real reason. So this was a little odd, but he liked it. Especially considering that Sui didn't want to get attached to him.

"Thanks, Sui," He answered. "I might just do that..."

"You just need to show your face, then I'll tell people that you're feeling a bit under the weather." Sui said, gently taking the boy's hand. "I can give you a tour of the castle and introduce you to my children another day." He led Mason out of the room and into the hallways.

Servants bowed deeply and greeted them politely as they passed by. Sui nodded in response to the servants, but didn't verbally respond to them. He led Mason to an enormous, opulent, dining hall with ceiling high windows that looked out upon a beautiful garden.

• 2 weeks later...

He looked at their hands, when Sui took his gently. The demon king's hand was so soft, but so large surrounding his. Mason looked back up at him, and nodded. "Okay. That sounds good to me," He told him. Sui was so kind and gentle with him, it was surprising, considering how cold he was initially. Maybe he found his balance between not getting attached but still be personable. Mason kind of needed something like that, he figured. He needed some kind of guide, and a husband who might have some honeymoon expectations might hinder him getting adjusted to this new world.

Mason had never walked in public holding another man's hand, so it was kind of surreal to be doing it here, with his husband with all these people who would quickly bow in their direction before Sui led him to this view of this incredible, fanciful garden.

"O-oh... wow..."

• 3 weeks later...

Sui pulled out a chair for Mason and waited for him to sit before taking his own seat next to him at the head of the table. "I had the cooks make food that was as close to what you had in your homeworld..." He gestured to the food on the table.

There were many different types of breakfast foods. Everything from pancakes to big fluffy omelets to biscuits and gravy. Lots of things were a bit off though. There was oatmeal with fruit on it, but the fruit wasn't something like strawberries. Instead it was things like grapes and cantaloupe, as well as some fruits that weren't even from earth. The omelet had a somehow iridescent effect to it, the pancakes a pale purple. And the sausages were somewhat egg shaped.

"I hope that it suits your tastes..." Sui said gently.

Mason sat down at the chair Sui pulled out for him, a little embarrassed by the gesture. He was sure things here must be different, but he felt a little like he was being treated like a girl. Mason watched Sui sit down next to him, and suddenly he felt very close to him. They shared a bed- they were married now!- but still, his cheeks grew warm. He drew his attention away from his thoughts and to the food Sui gestured at. Food that looked like stuff he'd eat, but off. He didn't know the uncanny valley existed for food, but it was jarring. But hey, people paid thousands of dollars to eat gold pizza, and they wouldn't have the chance to eat glowing omelets. Or at least it looked like it should be an omelet.

"Yes... thanks," Mason smiled and looked up to him again. "And... it's all... safe, right?"

• Saga locked this topic