♢ I Am A Rock ♢ {18+}

0rochi

( Please at least be semi literate. I prefer 2 sentences minimum. ♡ and yes, the title is a reference to the song :p )

d3e688105a89920046b2c46d07243bae.jpg

Name: Cassius Maxwell

Position: Seme

Dislikes: Happiness, upbeat music, rodents, salty food.

Backstory: Cassius (or Cas) had been left on his parents doorstep at a very young age. His previous ones he never knew of. They raised him until the age of 4 when they decided they didn't want him anymore, and he continued through most of his childhood being given up for adoption and then being put in abusive households and then being given up again. This lowered his trust in people quite a lot and turned him quite bitter. This was until he met the woman of his dreams, and they were engaged for 8 years until she dumped him for a "better" man. That's when his trust was eliminated. After his heart being broken so many times in his past, he is afraid to open up to others and love again. Though he may be cold and insulting, there is a secret side to him that he never shows to anyone. His soft, caring side. He believes he will be abused again with someone seeing this side of him and getting an advantage. He is like a rock, unable to reveal his feelings to the public without fear of being ridiculed once again. Perhaps he may find a man who may be able to change that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was another grey and ordinary day for Cas. Working in the office brought a strain on his back due to the chair he used. He soon got up and decided he'd take a stroll and perhaps get something to eat, as it was starting to get near dinner time. He pulled on his boots and his trench coat, heading outside into the cold weather.

He soon arrived at the restaurant and sat at a table, laying his coat aside. He ordered his meal and awaited patiently. Since he wanted to try something new, he stopped at the new restaurant downtown. What he didn't know was that it was also a blind date restaurant. He got served his meal and was about to eat before another male sat in front of him. Of course, trying to avoid conflict, he continued to eat his food silently.

He then felt the silence was broken and looked up. "Who might you be, an why are you sitting here?" He asked, his voice deep and husky.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Exellda

• 0rochi

11423420_388385158023031_510496567_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTAwNzExMjA0Mjg0MDcwMjc1Ng%3D%3D.2

Name: Jayce Phillip

Position: Uke

Dislikes: black coffee, cold, homework

Backstory: Jayce lived a rather simple life up until his teenage years when he came out as gay to his parents. Since then, he was kicked out at the young age of 16. Jayce supports himself, living in a one bedroom apartment. He attends college part time and works at the local cafe nearby.

Honestly this was a complete waste of time. Jayce had no idea why he agreed to go on some blind dates. Well, it wasn't his choice, it was his friend that encouraged him to go... Why he agreed..? The black haired male still hadn't the slightest clue. He could be doing his homework right about now... but no... Although he didn't like his homework, Jayce considered himself to be a diligent student. Therefore school often came before everything else... Including his love life.

Which brings us to the reason he was here... Apparently to meet new people, find love, and maybe take someone home. One on hand, Jayce thought he really was wasting his time... On the other hand... Well... He wouldn't admit that he might have been wanting a new relationship. He hadn't dated since he was in college, so he felt awkward as hell. How the fuck did you date again? Heck if he knew... Well he was trying anyway, which was the main reason of why he was here.

With how many people showed up, you would have thought he had any luck. Nope. Nothing... Jayce was about to call it a night when he got to his last stop and sat down. The guy was already eating. The college student didn't even know what to say. Sure the guy in front of him was handsome, but he didn't seem to have any manners... Just eating there silently. It seemed like there was someone else here who didn't want to be here? "Oh... My name is Jayce..?" He said, unsure of what the other male meant. "Um, I'm... Sorry? But you do know that we're on a blind date. That's kind of the reason everyone is here. I guess I am here because I am looking for a relationship... or something." He sighed, "I don't even know anymore."

"And what about you? What's your name and why are you sitting here, besides eating?" Jayce asks.

Cas tilted his head slightly, almost like a confused dog. "What? This is a blind date restaurant? God, I'm so stupid. I thought this was just a regular restaurant." He said, laying down his fork. "I'm Cassius. And I came here for a meal, relationships aren't exactly my thing." He said. Cas felt some sort of odd aura coming from this guy. He felt like he was different from everyone else. Besides actually talking to him and being interested in what he had to say unlike other people in his life, he felt like this Jayce character was special.

He then came to a realization that Jayce was gay, and though Cas didn't swing that way, he was kind of tempted to try. He knew of course that he wouldn't because of heartbreak, but he'd have his thoughts every now and then.

He looked up at Jayce, his eyes still cold even though he had opened up slightly towards the other male. "You look quite young. Still in college, I assume?" He asked. Of course he wasn't sure why, but he wanted to know more about Jayce. He was actually interested in someone else for once. Perhaps he may gain a friend, at least. Lonely nights of working in his office weren't very fun. "I work from home, didn't think I'd need a secondary education." He said, when truthfully he knew he wasn't going anywhere in life and he could barely afford it. He had no money saved for him, and he has just enough to get by. Sometimes he wished he could have experienced college. "Whats your major?"

"I guess that makes two of us..." Jayce murmured after Cassius mentioned that dating wasn't his thing. This guy seemed... out of place being here. It must be embarrassing to have walked into here thinking that it was some ordinary restaurant. If there was one thing that Jayce had noticed right off the bat about Cassius, it was that the man seemed very intimidating. In other words, he didn't look like the kind of guy you would just walk up to and be friendly with... let alone have a 'date' with him.

Still, it did make Cassius more 'mysterious' and Jayce admittedly found himself drawn in. His curiosity kept him going as well as interested in getting to know the other male in front of him. As much as he didn't want to admit it, he had been nervous all night, maybe even a little bit more under Cassius' cold glaring eyes. "Uh, yeah, I am actually... How'd you guess? Was it really that easy to tell that I am a student?" Jayce asked in surprise. And then Cassius mentioned his work briefly before asking his major... "Well... I am still undecided..." Jayce admitted, "I've been getting core classes out of the way until then... I guess you could say I haven't found what fits me yet. I don't really think I'm good at anything in particular." Jayce said with a shrug.

"To be honest, I have thought about dropping out and then going back when I finally know what I want to do. I don't know." He was starting to sound even more unsure of his college goals. "I guess my worst fear is that I feel like it's a waste of time and money or that I don't go anywhere with my degree or that can never decide on what I really want to do..." Oh boy, he was rambling... "I mean, don't get me wrong, I do study hard and I get my work done, even though I really hate the homework most of the time." He said with a sigh. "Other than college, I work at the coffee shop not too far from here... Uh yeah... Sorry for rambling."

Cas nodded, and then sighed. "Well they say now that you should have your career decided before college so that you have certain courses you took in high school and know the courses to apply in college." He explained. The other male looked nervous and he could tell why, but he hoped he'd actually make a decent friend. All these years people were too scared of him to approach conversation and yet this person was different.

He shook his head. "No, don't ever drop out! It will be the biggest mistake of your life, I promise you." He scolded, sipping his water. "Because while you're out of schoolove you'll need to pick up a part time job for support and that's exactly where you'll get sucked in. You won't see how fast the years go until it's been 10 years since you went to college and you're still working at some fast food dump for below minimum wage." He sighed. How could this boy be so naïve? He should have known this from his parents before even applying to college. Perhaps he was like Cas, and didn't get much support from his parents.

After finishing his food, he looked up at Jayce with his cold stare, looking slightly as if it had slightly faded. "No no, it's fine. I'm more of a listener anyways, so feel free to vent." He then shrugged. "So, it's a Friday night and you're out here for the night. Do you at least want to bring someone home to tell your friends? I don't mind.if you exaggerate and say you brought a girl home." He said with a chuckle. It had been such a long time since he had actually laughed with a sincere intent.

• 2 weeks later...

Jayce laughed softly, "For someone who didn't go to college, you're very passionate about me staying in college. And yes, I am well aware of the consequences... It's just a struggle, I guess... I don't know. I suppose if I knew what I wanted to be, this wouldn't be so difficult." Jayce said with a sign. He picked up the glass of water in front of him and took a sip. Maybe Cas was scolding him so much because he actually found the situation to be relatable.

After Cas finished his meal, he was relieved to hear that he hadn't been annoying the other male. Actually, he was a little embarrassed by what he said. "O-oh.. No, no... No need for that really." Jayce raised his hand to the back of his neck, he shyly started to rub the back of his neck. He actually started to blush lightly. "You don't have to come home with me... And besides, they already know I'm gay anyway. No need to lie. I don't have many friends, so there's not many to tell. I don't think they'll care much if I don't bring someone home. Honestly, it doesn't matter. They probably will expect me to go home empty handed... So uh... Yeah. I mean, thanks... But there really is no need.... I mean, unless you really wanted to come over..." After all, this guy wasn't even here for the speed dating. Jayce felt kind of bad for the guy and didn't want to drag him in.

"Although, if you want I could give you my phone number or something? We could be friends or whatever." He suggested, unsure of where to go with this conversation. He felt like he already made it awkward. "I think I have a pen-" He said, before checking his pockets. "Oh- Or, I suppose I could just type it in my phone. Oh jeez, I'm such an idiot." He blurted out loud. He felt like he was making a fool out of himself as he pulled out his phone. "I won't force you too, and if you're not interested you don't have to give me your number- Uh, yeah... Whatever you want. I don't mind." Out of embarrassment he grabbed his glass of water again and proceeded to take a drink. "I... I am not very good at these dating things. It's all foreign to me. I'm so awkward..." He said with a sigh.

Cas shook his head and sighed. "I just don't want you to make the same mistake I did okay? Education is very important." He said sternly. He really hoped that he could get into a college someday but with his current finances and time being a factor, he just let it slide as he could just make a living.

"Yeah I have to head home soon, my bed is calling my name." He chuckled, quite rare for him bit he still remained cold looking. "Ah yeah, my number is.." He wrote his number on a slip of paper and handed it to the other. "Call or text me whenever, I'm usually never busy." He flashed a small smile before getting up from the table. "See you 'round, college boy." He slapped his payment on the table for his meal and left to head back home. He found it humorous how a mistake could lead him to actually acquiring a friend! He was actually quite proud with himself, taking long strides on his walk home. He sat and watched television, waiting and hoping that the other male would actually text him and not just say he would like some guys did, to get people out of their hair. After waiting a bit he decided he'd just head to bed. He put his hair up in a ponytail and curled up in bed, sleeping soundly for a night on his small mattress.

The next morning, after finishing breakfast, he decided he'd sit at his work desk for a few hours to finish up some business he hadn't covered the previous day. Once he had finished, he decided to eat a quick dinner and go out for a stroll. He made a sandwich and some potato chips to go with it, and ate contently. He didn't need much in life, this was good enough for him. He began on his stroll, still wondering about the other male and how he was doing, but of course he was too shy to text the other. He decided he'd stop by a cafe and get a dessert like some cake or a pastry. He entered the shop and ordered a coffee and a slice of chocolate cheesecake, usually his order here. He sat and checked his phone for texts...

• 5 weeks later...

The younger make nodded with understanding. When Cassius put it that way, he nearly felt sorry for the other guy. He was slightly surprised​to get the other's number so easily. Nonetheless he was grateful, if anything for a new friend. It was also a relief to him that Cas didn't appear to be homophobic.

"Thank you." He said when Cas wrote his number down. He made the mental note to message the guy at some point. "See you." He said when Cassius got up to leave. With that done Jayce didn't hang around much longer. As much as the restaurant was nice, he too wanted to go home already.

Once he got home, he made himself a small meal, after all he didn't even eat while he was at the restaurant. After a quick meal, that was followed by a quick shower, Jayce headed to bed.

However, he paused because he thought about messaging Cassius... But as soon as he entered the number for whatever reason he felt a little nervous. And so as he laid down he thought about whether he should message the other male now or later.

Unfortunately, Jayce accidentally fell asleep before he could even send a message. He was also nearly late to work. While Jayce was at work he had to deal with the morning rush, so he couldn't send a message until his break.

Finally, he could sit down and take a break long enough to send a message.

"Uh hey. Cas? It's me, Jayce. I'm sorry I didn't message you until now. I just got on my break. Did I tell you that I work at a cafe?"

• 2 weeks later...

Cas had began to overthink as he usually did. What if the other didn't actually like him? Nah, he was probably just busy. But maybe he wasn't? But then he saw a text from him and his eyes widened. A cafe? He looked up and looked around. Funny enough, he spotted Jayce pulling off his work apron for his break. He managed to reveal a small smile as he began to reply,

"I knew you looked familiar! I visit this cafe every single day for breakfast. It's nice to see you in uniform, lol."

He really did let out a small chuckle at his poor attempt to flirt. He really didn't want Jayce to think he was some sort of pervert, so he tried to keep it a bit subtle. Once receiving his food he began to sip his black coffee and dig into his slice of cheesecake. He always looked forward to this breakfast every morning and he was surprised that he hadn't gotten fat yet from it. He was hoping that Jayce would check his texts or at least notice him while he was sitting there, but of course he didnt count on it.

• 2 weeks later...

The black haired male was in the process of taking his apron off when his phone buzzed in his back pocket. He hurried to get on his break just to see who it was. Instinct told him that it was Cassius. To his amusement, when he checked his phone, it was indeed Cas. Jayce went ahead an brought his lunch out, scanning the tables for Cas- "Ah." There he was. Jayce took the text message as an invitation to sit with the other male.

Upon approaching the table he called out to the other male. "Hey Cassius- er Cas, I had no idea you were our usual that came here." He said in surprise as he took a seat right in front of the other male. "I kinda feel bad now that I didn't recognize you before. Usually I've got my head down trying to make drinks for people." He said with a softly laugh as his hands worked to open up his lunch. "And I'm not quite sure my apron counts as a uniform, but I'll take the compliment." Jayce said with a wink, a smile forming on his lips.

"Oh, and good morning, Mr. Usual- How may I take your order?" He chuckled lightly at his own joke. "I'd ask what brings you here... But uh, I mean... Breakfast, obviously. So I guess I'll skip that question. What are you up to after this? Work? Hmmn? Sorry if I'm a little nosy, but I guess I'm a little curious still- especially since I just learned that you're one of the usual's that come here." Then Jayce hummed, "Oh, hey... Since you have my number, if you want, you can text me that you're going to come over to the cafe and I can have your coffee and cheesecake ready for you. It'd be no problem." He offered.

"Of course you could always order off the menu." Jayce said casually with a playful smirk, doing his part returning a flirty reply. He was definitely implying something that certainly was not on the menu at all.