• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rei

• Inulain

• SamuraiSx

• Leo-

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, if it's needed for the plot or it fits the story, then I'll read it. I don't mind reading those scenes because it's fiction but of course it's a whole other story if it's in real life. But as long as it is fiction and it fits the plot/story then I don't mind those scenes

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I really don't like rape scenes very much. If it's the main Seme that's doing the rape I really don't mind, even if the uke doesn't seem to like it. (But we all know he does. He's just not ready leaf2) Or if there's a love triangle going on then I don't mind that. BUT if it's like those random rapists doing the rape it's too cruel!!! I don't like it at all. But then the Seme comes and rescues the uke so it's all good.

well it depends on the framing and the writing and the treatment. kinks aside, this is a terrible thing irl, and that's something to keep in mind even when reading fiction.

oftentimes i dislike it, especially when it's just there as a lazy plot device to get a dude be all heroic over his love interest, or one of those rape-is-love things with silly or shallow treatment of the act and its consequences. i usually don't like it when it's all OVERDRAMATIC MELODRAMATIC TRAGEDY either, it's just not my cup of tea.

but i don't dislike it ALL the time - hell, the rape in hyakujitsu no bara was terrible and brutal and i honestly liked the set-up involved in that. lots of interesting things to mull over there -- spoilers ahoy -- like the issue over taki's holiness, klaus' anger and frustration and bitterness, how they actually do want each other and have already fucked like bunnies before, the aftermath and its consequences, klaus' regret, taki's declaration afterward, etc etc.

and then there're the occasions when it's just for kinks and sometimes hey, the drawing/atmosphere is blisteringly erotic!

so yeah, it depends.

Yaoi : Hell yeah~!!!

Reality : Hell no!

It's not applicable when it comes to reality. Do the hardcore bondage you've got, rape them with all your might but it can only be done inside your fantasy and nothing more.

Anything that crosses away from fantasy will end up in Jail, solitary confinement, asylum or worse death.

Rape scene!?

Man I love them!!

But every freaking chapters cuz that's more like Daily sex not raping :D

Anyways, I also prefer it when it goes extreme JFBQ00184070402A.gifJFBQ00184070402A.gifJFBQ00184070402A.gifJFBQ00184070402A.gifJFBQ00184070402A.gifJFBQ00184070402A.gifJFBQ00184070402A.gif

I don't particularly care for them; I'd rather watch the love genuinely develop and lead to hot, passionate sex. Maybe it's what I've been reading, but rape almost feels overused, a sort of trope in and of itself, if you will. This said, of course, I know relationships depicted aren't indicative of a real one, but it's harder for me to empathize with one based on rape.

(Obviously, it goes without saying that I don't condone it at all outside of the fictional world.)

I'm not a fan of rape in yaoi. I don't mind scenes of dubious consent or genuine mistake of consent. I hate scenes where the seme assaults the uke to 'prove' his love or show the uke what's best for him.

Some rapes scenes are too yummy and hot for words. Shingo X Kakami's in Kuroneko Kareshi no Asobikata and Yoshino X Makimura's in Smoker come to mind. It doesn't hurt that down the road the two get together and fall in love. I am not a fan of scenes where the uke looks like a little kid and the seme just wants to break/beat up the uke or the uke is not enjoying it. Okane ga Nai gave me that impression-- did not enjoy that manga. Made me think about Jerry Sandusky. Yuck.

i do not particularly like rape in yaoi but some mangas which feature such a thing happens to have a plot which leads to both males loving each other in a sweet way. i think these mangas are an exception for me.

I LOVE RAPE. Well..... If the Uke resist a little and then will like it at the end.... That kinda rape is allowed. But if the Seme assaults the Uke too much.... Then I would just plainly hate it at the bottom of my bottom..... Wait bottom of my heart >///> But as a law student I should not think about such disgraceful things, well screw you all! I love rough sex scene's and I'm not ashamed! =D

A little struggling or fighting is fine and it can spice up the whole smex scene, but I´m not particulary a fan of raep. Since when does rape = love? Not in real life neither in manga, not even when the seme tries to "show his love" through it. Even not when the uke gives up in the end/forgives him. Nope. I´ll still read it, but I always wish that the uke would kick the seme´s balls off:/

Honestly I really hate rape in Yaoi... no, in general... Like if one guy is totally enjoying it and the other guy is fearing for his life while (usually) profusely bleeding from their asshole then NO... But if they both enjoy it in the end, then I am okay with it...

I dislike them. I don't mind dub-con or the "I'm sorry, I thought you were consenting" kind of thing but, if it's the seme "trying to prove himself"...that's a little messed up, in my opinion.

I just...don't like it. It's kind of making it seem like it's okay? Y'know?

(Though, it's in a lot of them so,...)

• 2 weeks later...

no, I don't like rape scenes. I can, however, compromise if the uke is secretly in love with his aggressor and the seme afterwards feels guilt or at least understands the uke's feelings...I think the only exception I ever made to that was for Asami, but that guy's just too hot to ignore *rabbit8

Guest OkataShin

Hmmh, in my opinion, rape scenes were horrible at first. I really couldn't stand them at all because I kind of empathized with the target of rape too much.. Yeah, being too sympathetic is a pain in the ass sometimes.

But nowadays I actually enjoy it greatly. I haven't yet seen a rape scene that has made me feel like I want to stop watching. Raping makes me want to sharpen my teeth and go for a bloody hunt~ Haha :D

I'm picky. I like pretty rape - that is, pretty rapists and "non-consenting" (but really hopelessly enjoying ukes). I cannot stand Enzai = gross + no fun at all, and I'm not really a fan of Boku no Sexual Harassment. I'm drawn to rape like in Kawaii Akuma and Hidoku Shinaide. It's yummy when it's so beautifully illustrated!!! I blame my attraction to idealistic yaoi rape on my masochistic personality. As long as they're ultimately in love & the aggressor couldn't control himself because he's obsessed and incredibly possessive. Whatever!! Just LOVE me, even if it's a mean love!! Wait, no. Treat me gently, too!

If rape is necessary in a story than yeah. Taking the reality of rape, and making it into something "sexy" is just beyond horrible to me. The reality is, that rape causes suffering. The way that the victim reacts to the rape is so unrealistic that I want to scream. Of course that's to take away from the fact you're reading a rape scene. You want rape, but not reality of it. People are going to fight if it is rape. Rape involves not just forced sex, but beating too. Why? Because it's forced sex. Why would it be called rape if it were consensual? Why would it be called rape if it weren't violent?

The fact that rape has become normal in yaoi makes me sick. Seme likes uke. Uke doesn't want anything to do with the seme. What does the seme do? He take takes the uke against his will and they live happily ever after. No, no, no! I've heard even horror stories in the media about rape and reality of rape to know that doesn't happen. You can't take the fact away from something so obviously wrong.

I have no problem with rape that is needed in the plot. Undergrand Hotel brings up the reality of rape in prison. It's not "pretty" and it's not glorifying rape either. However a overly forgiving uke who forgets everything that happened...no. I hate that. This is coming form someone who enjoys S&M, which is NOT rape. Reading about rape should make you feel horrible. Why? Because it is horrible. Glorifying rape is like telling all the victims who were raped that their experiences are worth nothing. Their pain is nothing. I usually try to keep quiet about subjects related to yaoi, but wow...this is has gone too far. Travel to India, now having gang rape problems, and see how many people are happy. Fiction should not undermine the reality of pain. Fiction should not glorify something so dehumanizing and destructive.