Rape in yaoi... Your opinion?

Rei

well rapes scene for me?, well it depends actually how the scene really works, sometimes rape scenes are just plain annoying, sometimes agonizing, sometimes it builds certain pity

but sometimes it's just plain hot LOL

and I like mostly rape cuz I don't want a sces ne with less crying and more happy thought to it, ugh.. too much sweetness turns me off a bit -__- xD

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rei

• Inulain

• SamuraiSx

• Leo-

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh this is one of the reasons I am so picky about yaoi manga D:

I find some dub con hot also if it makes me feel uncomfortable, I am still not comfortable reading less than 100% consensual sex scenes if they are with the two characters of the pairing. It's just that my mind can't accept the 'rape'=> fall in love scene D:

I'm not huge a fan of rape scene but it depends how the artist portray of the rape.

Some of the rapes I'm kool with some it's just not my style of liking. So it depends what the uke and seme interaction.

Umm... nope. just NOPE. no rape for me... not in manga/ anime nor in real life, in my opinion as long as it's "rape" (meaning one of the two parties isn't agreeing to THAT...) then no thanks, I'd rather not watch that...

• 1 year later...
Enzai, The Mirage of Blaze, Boku no Sexual Harrasment, Sono Kuchibiru ni Yoru no Tsuy, Prisoner are just a few yaoi mangas/anime that are well known for their rape scenes. Some ppl hate them, others are just drooling watching those scenes.

what's your opinion? are you pro or con rape scenes in yaoi?

I pesonally don't mind light rape scenes (like the one in the begining of Koisuru Boukun, where Morinaga kinda forces himself on Senpai), but I cannot stand those who are really violent and focus on the pain and fear of the one raped (like in Enzai). for me those are disturbing and make me feel kinda depressed, not my type...

for enzi i use to feel that way. but last time i watched it i got so turned on. all the ones you named ive seen and loved. umm and i love rape scenes. i even rp harsh rape scenes. wether im doing the raping or getting rape. most times im rp my chara while having another chara im rping and letting them be the rapest. not really my chara a made u chara usually. but yep. i love it all. sometimes maybe if i see it the first time im like omy geezers. and feel bad for that person, but the second time on back. it somehow manages to turn me on. as well as sometimes i still feel weird watchin. but yes all kinds of rape i enjoy.

I agree with the first post.

Just the concept of the rape alone is enough to upset me, the idea of someone forcing themselves onto another person. >:[

I disagree with the idea of portraying rape in any form of media to be honest, no matter if it's manga or music. The reason why i'm so strongly against it would be, my sister was raped 2 years ago and as a result she committed suicide. Maybe my sister's case is in the minority so my view on the topic is rather one-sided not open-minded. Its hard for me to clearly express myself in less than 100 words on this topic so i'll stop myself here.

Well, for me it's a no-no in one way and a turn-on in another.

I think that there is a small difference between me and female yaoi fans, as they are kind of detached from the rape scene since none of the participants is female. For me, it hits closer to home. The thought of it happening to me or some of my friends is terrible.

In real life, I never consider rape ok. Never. I mean, what thing would make shit like this okay? Mostly the victim is fearing for her/his life.

However... I have a sadistic streak that enjoys these scenes. It makes me kind of scared that I have it but well... I've got it. I like seeing people in pain and sometimes try to reason with myself that it's better to let myself *enjoy* certain scenes in manga and/or other media that to have some supressed perverted thiughts about people around me. I have no intention of being the next Christian Grey. I still like consensual BDSM scenes more, though.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
indeed, indeed. Your comment about Christian Grey made me giggle, I agree with your insight.

personally, rape isn't okay in any scenario. i've rped once where another person and i did a rape scene, it wasn't okay, i felt bad for the character i was playing since i get attached to rp characters so any form of harm makes me upset. but like any other person, it does turn me on, it doesn't mean that i would want to get raped or see anyone else get raped.

I mean ... I guess they are hot like any other smexy scene but I'm not a fan. There's no love and usually one character is suffering

Nope not for me.

Nah, rape to me is not sexy. Consensual sex is so much hotter and consensual sex with feelings is even better.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind rape, but I just hate that it's so overdone.

It's in everything. You'd think they could write one story without it.

~Dana

no yaoi without rape!

for me it means start of love for yaoi couples ! *o* it needs just to start that love and feelings and wwww...rabbit14

cause I mean, c'mon let's look like this, those are not girls so without rape uke never can understand that seme loves him *

also "uke unconcsiouslly want to be raped by seme" onionn6

tumblr_n4ov24AtHK1rrh5pfo4_r2_1280.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mostly nope.

(1.) They never call a rape a rape. Instead, theres sparkles and magical music in the background. It's called 'coaxing'. :(

(2.) The raped falls in love with the rapist. I just hate it when that happens.

Ironically, my first 3 yaoi were non-con. :p

But cmon gais! Consensual is so much more sensual....

as far as Yaoi is concerned, I welcome anything in open arms...

I especially like BDSM, generally..

so Rape is preferrable for me...

wether light or hard.. I love them

I guess rape can be okay, considering it's in a lot of yaoi manga I've read. But the gory, nasty, tears and bodily fluids everywhere rape can leave the vicinity. DX

• 2 weeks later...

In a sense where there is still love lingering but a rape scene in yaoi that is close to violence is kinda not my thing.

Like in Enzai, There's just no love at all.

Rape is never okay! No! Mutual consent and the person must be fully aware of what's going to happen (no being drugged or uber-drunk). The culture I live in isn't socially strict on rape. Having it glorified in media as "love" or "necessary for character development" is even worse.

TT ^ TT