Family (Pigeon x Nikaanut)

Kotorichan

Nate laughed shortly at the way Ryan corrected himself. "I know, I had hard time not to swear too much around her" he admitted. "And no, we don't have a apartment yet, we just stay in the hotel." He shrgged, his smile dropping for a moment. But then he looked at the man again. "You know, I never thought about making a tattoo but... well, maybe I could? Something for Alice? Do lot of people make tatoos for their families?" He asked.

Alice smiled at Ryan and bit the trunk giggling.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kotorichan

• nikaanuk

"Yeah, that's pretty common... Some people get the faces of their loved ones tattooed on their bodies. I don't do anything in that style but I get a lot of requests for symbolic things" Ryan gave the other man a bright smile. "I can design something for you whenever you'd like"

He stopped once they reached the farmer's market and glanced around. "So we're looking for an apple... Anything else you want?"

Nate looked around. "Well, if they have bananas I would buy some" he admitted and started to walk. "Alice likes bananas and apples together, don't you, darling?"

Alice looked at Ryan from above her dad's shoulder and smiled.

"Kate likes apples." She explained.

Nate looked at apples and pears, he bought few grapes and gave one to Alice.

"Would you like some?" He offered to Ryan.

"Sure, thanks" Ryan took one and popped it in his mouth. "Mm... That's good" He looked down at Alice for a moment before turning back to Nate. He lowered his voice so that the little girl couldn't hear. "Can Alice eat sweets? There's a bakery stand that has nice cookies"

He knew that some parents could be strange about sugar. Although he did hope that Nate hadn't turned out to be one of those weird overprotective parents that never let their children have a real childhood.

Nate smiled fondly at the way Ryan acted around Alice. He shook his head. "No, I can't give it to her now. But we could eat it later... I will come back and buy something in the afternoon so we can eat it after the dinner today." He looked around at the people and smiled again. "Hey" he turned to Ryan. "Do you remember this plce were we were playing, at the stream? Is it still there?"

"Alright, we can skip it then..." Ryan tried not to look disappointed. He had actually wanted to share something with Nate and Alice, but he wouldn't be spending the whole evening with his old lover. It made his chest hurt, since they might not ever see each other again after today. He was pulled out of his thoughts by Nate's question. "The stream? Oh, yeah it's still there"

"We should go there!" Nate smiled. "Maybe we could find a frog for Alice and I know she would love to see the place. She likes water" he kept his smile on but still was nervous asking the next question. "Maybe if you have some time... You could join us?"

It was where they had some good time together, if he went there alone it would hurt too much. Having Ryan there... Well, it just felt right.

Ryan smiled at the idea. "That sounds great, I don't have anything planned since it's one of my days off. I would have just doodled on my walls." He laughed softly. "Do you remember how to get there? It's been awhile hasn't it...?" He felt a twinge of sadness again, but he was getting used to forcing that feeling down. "I'm sure Alice would like it, as long as she isn't scared of that kind of stuff"

"Oh no, she loves all the animals. I am sometimes surprised. Do you like frogs, darling?" he asked and the girl nodded. She gave him half eaten apple ad he bit it - that was the thing you had to get used to: finishing meals.

"Frogs jump" she commented and wiped her hand into her dress, before he could stop her. It was quite hard with the girl still in his arms.

"Darling, no..." he pleaded. "I'll give you a tissue..." He put her on the ground. "I'm sorry" he said to Ryan and bit the apple so he didn't have to hold it. He started to look for tissues.

Ryan smiled and pulled a packet of tissues out of his pocket. "Here" he handed the packet to Nate. "It's no problem at all." He waited for Nate to finish what he was doing before starting to walk. "It's this way, We can take a bus if you want but it isn't that far"

He watched the two with a slight smile. Ryan had so many questions for his friend, but now wasn't the time to talk about everything. It wasn't a conversation to have in front of Alice.

Nate smiled at Ryan and took the tissues. He cleaned Alice quickly and tok her in his arms again.

"You are my saviour today, aren't you?" He chuckled and then said to Alice. "What we would do without Ryan, huh?"

"We would be lost!" Alice cried throwing her hands in the air.

Nate laughed and kissed her head.

"Exactly my darling. I hope we really don't take your time now..." He said looking at Ryan.

"Oh, no it's fine" Ryan said quickly. "I don't do anything on my days off. Honestly I should be thanking you for keeping me outside of my apartment for a day"

He laughed softly and looked down at Alice. "I'd be lost without you guys" It was mostly a joke, but he wished that it would give Nate a hint to his true feelings. Ryan really wanted to ask what had happened, and whether or not he had done something wrong.

Nate smiled at Ryan warmly but said nothing. He remembered the path they took although it changed in time, they used to ride their bicycles here, he remembered one autumn evening when they were coming back in the rain, wet but laughing light headed after a whole day spent together. And his parents were furious that night, they grounded him for three days. And he couldn't care less because he had Ryan waiting for him...

He got back with a blush, those were good times, but Nate worried they were done now, after what his parents did, after what he did, cowardly not even saying good bye, he supposed it was over for them.

"I'm glad we've met" he offered - the only hint that he still felt the same.

"Me too..." Ryan stopped when they reached the little stream, smiling to himself at all the memories that came back. They had played here together for as long as he could remember. When they were older they could just sit and talk in privacy.

"It really hasn't changed that much..." Ryan sighed, picking up an empty can that had been left in the dirt and throwing it in the nearest trash can. "Its still so peaceful..."

- - - Updated - - -

"Me too..." Ryan stopped when they reached the little stream, smiling to himself at all the memories that came back. They had played here together for as long as he could remember. When they were older they could just sit and talk in privacy.

"It really hasn't changed that much..." Ryan sighed, picking up an empty can that had been left in the dirt and throwing it in the nearest trash can. "Its still so peaceful..."

Nate nodded and crouched next to Alice to show her the stream. "Look, there are the small fishes, they are silver..." He smiled.

Alice crouched as well and leaned Kate towards the water. Nate caught the toy.

"No darling, she doesn't like to swim."

"She wants drink."

"Then we will give her water from the cup later, okay?" he askes and kissed her head.

He took the toy and let Alice put hand in the water, she smiled and looked at him.

"Should we ask Ryan to find a frog for us?" he asked with a smile and she laughed.

"Yes!" She got up and walked to Ryan. "Find froggy..." She asked looking up at him.

"A frog?" Ryan smiled down at her. "You got it, I'll find you the best frog ever" He ruffled the little girl's hair before moving a little ways up the stream, looking for any sign of a frog.

He crouched down and waited for moment before spotting a bullfrog. His hands shot out and grabbed the huge frog around the stomach. "There!" The man stood up and smiled proudly. The frog struggled for a moment before giving up and going limp with a soft ribbit of dismay.

Nate was crouching next to the girl with a warm smile. "Look, Ryan found you a froggy, do you want to kiss it?" he chuckled but the girl nodded and tiptoed to see what was in his hands.

"Princess!" She said and hummed some tune under her breath. Nate laughed.

"We watched Princess and the Frog lately" he explained to Ryan. "Darling, but it won't be as pretty as the one in the film, okay? It may scares you..."

"No!"

Ryan laughed softly and crouched down next to Alice. He held the frog out so that she could see what was in his hands. The frog let out a low ribbit and stared up at the girl mournfully. "See? I think he wasn't to be let go though" He chuckled softly. He planned to let go of the frog as soon as Alice had finished looking at it.

The girl leaned closer to see the frog and when it let out the ribbit again, she jumped and laughed. She made similar sound and Nate laughed. "Now you are talking to it?" he asked and Alice nodded.

"I am frog!"

"Can you jump like frog?"

Alice nodded and started to jump around, Nate watching her carefully to make sure she won't fall in the water.

Ryan watched her for a moment before setting the frog down. It sat still for a moment before hopping away. Ryan continued to watch the frog until it disappeared into the water. He had to fight down the sadness of the familiar situation. He was back here with Nate... After so many years... He had wanted this so badly, but now that he was actually here it was so painful. Nate had found someone he loved more than Ryan... Even though Ryan had never properly moved on. He stood up, feeling tears burning at the back of his eyes. "Um... I should probably go buy some stuff for dinner"

Nate looked up and blushed. "Yes, of course. I am sorry for taking so much of your time."

He got up, pulling Alice closer to himself. "Thank you again for everything" he forced a smile. "I hope you'll find some time for us? To eat ice cream one day?" he asked, desperately hoping for him to stay a little longer but not having balls to aks him to stay. He was always a coward. "If you have some time of course..." he added quickly.

Ryan stared at Nate longingly. "Yeah..." He almost wished he could say no, that way he could let himself get over the other man. "I'd love to catch up with you, I figured that today wouldn't be a good time to do since Alice will be bored.." He hoped that Nate would pick up on what he really wanted to say, which was that he didn't think Nate wanted Alice to know that they used to be lovers.

Nate smiled. "We could talk when she's asleep. She goes to bed at seven... If you... don't have any plans..." he shrugged. "We could meet and talk? I can offer only the room where I live but..." he shrugged again, turning his gaze away.

"I don't have any plans... Um, can I get your phone number? You can text me the address of your hotel" Ryan smiled and pulled out his phone. "I'd really like to talk to you about everything..." He felt a glimmer of hope that Nate actually did want to talk to him.

Nate nodded with a smile. He took out a piece of paper and wrote down his phone number. "Here. And we're staying at the Yellow House, so feel free to come" he added quickly. "If you come around eight we should be able to talk without the little one interrupting."