Countdown

vyssini

t6GcmAo.png

If you knew there's a time limit.

That it was impossible to exceed that limit.

What would you do?

Life is short.

What if it wasn't just a saying?

For Rafa or Rafael Dioneda, life was LITERALLY short.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vyssini

• Karin

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm sorry, madam. We did what we have to. It was out of our hands now."

"I HAVE A LOT OF MONEY." The beautiful woman shrieked, clutching the doctor's gown. Tears just made her beauty stood out.

No matter who saw her would have their hearts stolen. But the lady was not for the taking. She was a mother of a particular boy who was being discharged today. But the patient's condition wasn't good. So why was he being discharged, you asked?

"Madam, I really like to help you and your son. But I'm just a doctor. I can't do much. But I assure you, what I could do, I did." The doctor calmly explained. His eyes clouded with sympathy and pity.

"NO!!" The lady shouted. Some passing nurses- male or female- had their gazes fixed on the crying beauty. Their eyes were half-lidded. "My boy.. my precious son.." Her anguish was apparent with her hoarse voice. She had been crying non-stop. "Why? Why does it have to be my cute little boy?"

"Madam" The doctor held the lady's shoulders. His grip was meant to ease the lady's suffering but it did nothing but steady her footing. "That is why I suggested to take him home. At least he'll have normal as much as he can."

The lady finally looked up but still sobbing. Who knew how painful it was for a mother to learn the cruel truth of his only child's fate. No pain was greater than hers.

"Take him home. Take care of him. Love him. Give him happiness as much as you can. You're watching a countdown. One which was almost unbearable."

"What do you know of my pain? Don't ask me to give up. Don't ask me to just let it go. How could I?" The lady was angry with the doctor's words but she knew deep down her heart the truth in his words. But how could she accept defeat when she hadn't fight her best yet? It was unthinkable for such a loving mother. Her world revolved around his son. How could she back down?

"True." The doctor agreed calmly with the lady's rage. "I may not understand how you feel. It was one heavy burden. I understand that much. But if you're watching a countdown, why not make noise as much as you can. If you knew it was ending, why not make it explosive and unforgettable? As short is the fireflies life, they shine just as bright."

The lady answered him with silence. Her heart torn and shredded.

If you're watching a countdown, why not make noise as much as you can.

If you knew it was ending, why not make it explosive and unforgettable?

As short is the fireflies life, they shine just as bright.

A 20-year old Rafa smiled.

• 4 weeks later...

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

This story started very interesting! I feel sorry for Rafa but I hope he'll enjoy his time. (Since I'm a positive person I hope for something miraculous to happen in the end).

:In love: